Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 11-08-2014, 03:35 PM
Elite Fan

Coming on here to show my support for Snow. There has been a lot of bashing of her because she is according to many "neglecting her most important relationship" with Emma to spend time with Charming and Neal. Well I am one who believes all relationships in a family are equally important. (Though if I had to rank them, I would put the husband and wife relationship over parent and child). So I am tired of seeing that lobbed at her. Also she has been there happy for Emma on her date. And concerned for Emma and genuinely touched to see young Emma. But apparently to some people mothers cannot have their own lives and are criticized for not being attached to their grown child 24/7. Just ridiculous assertions that I find appalling as a wife and mother. And it's not like Emma wants Snow to do anything different.

Sorry rant over now.
Old 11-08-2014, 05:43 PM
Addicted Fan

I find the opinions of some fans very confusing. Like there's a double standard with how the characters are judged, and the heroes are the ones who take the brunt of it. I just ignore it because it confuses me more than anything else.
Old 11-08-2014, 06:41 PM
Elite Fan

So true. Mostly I can ignore it but sometimes it really bugs me when it is directed at women who are mothers saying they are not good parents unless their entire life revolves around one of their children.
Old 11-09-2014, 03:09 AM
Elite Fan

Snow White + white
x
Old 11-09-2014, 03:09 AM
Elite Fan

Snow White + white
x
Old 11-10-2014, 10:09 AM
Loyal Fan

Deleted post

Last edited by fairy_mermaid; 11-10-2014 at 11:44 AM
Old 11-10-2014, 10:19 AM
Absolute Fan

^ I don't see how anything of what you just said is in any way true, or happening.
"Two hearts. One happy. One sad." - Thirteenth Doctor
Old 11-10-2014, 10:35 AM
Loyal Fan

Deleted post

Last edited by fairy_mermaid; 11-10-2014 at 11:43 AM
Old 11-10-2014, 10:38 AM
Elite Fan

Ginny would be insane to leave a show where she workd with her husband and they get to spend time with their son who has his own trailer on set and where the producers are more than willing to give her an adapted schedule so I don't see it happening. I don't think this storyline is bad for Snow at all. I thought the 2B storyline was much much worse and painted her in a far worse light. Just because some people on tumblr or twitter are hating on her character does not mean that the character is being portrayed poorly. She comes across to me like a stressed new mother who has been traumatized by past events. Sure she's not perfect in her reactions but no one is. I actually like the storyline.
Old 11-10-2014, 10:41 AM
Absolute Fan

@fairy mermaid:
1) I haven't found the criticism of Snow to be as widespread as you're making it sound.

2) Josh hasn't had all that much more screentime than Ginny has so far this season, and if it seems like he has, it's because his character fills a much different role - and always has - than Ginny's does.

3) Wanting Ginny to leave - even temporarily - seems to me to be the exact opposite of conveying a like for either her character or the series. As far as the "frumpy" look goes, to each their own, because I like it. I do think they're overdoing it a bit more than they have in the past, but I think that's intentional given that she now has a different formal position than she used to.
Old 11-10-2014, 10:59 AM
Loyal Fan

Deleted post

Last edited by fairy_mermaid; 11-10-2014 at 11:43 AM
Old 11-10-2014, 11:05 AM
Absolute Fan

^ If the writers and producers waited until Ginny could work 'full time' again, they might as well cancel the show.

Also, if you're not all that fond of the show and the way Snow's character has been handled, why are you commenting on it?
Old 11-10-2014, 11:18 AM
Elite Fan

I know she is a professional, but Ginny seems very excited about her storyline. She has expressed a lot of gratitude for how the producers have let her take time for Oliver and yet given her a story. So I don't understand the comment that Ginny deserves better. I can understand being frustrated with the writing for Snow. But if Ginny is happy, then I am happy for her. She's had worse comments on twitter and tumblr over the years so I would think she ignores it.
Old 11-10-2014, 11:23 AM
Loyal Fan

Deleted post

Last edited by fairy_mermaid; 11-10-2014 at 11:42 AM
Old 11-10-2014, 12:06 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Austenphile (View Post)
Ginny would be insane to leave a show where she workd with her husband and they get to spend time with their son who has his own trailer on set and where the producers are more than willing to give her an adapted schedule so I don't see it happening. I don't think this storyline is bad for Snow at all. I thought the 2B storyline was much much worse and painted her in a far worse light. Just because some people on tumblr or twitter are hating on her character does not mean that the character is being portrayed poorly. She comes across to me like a stressed new mother who has been traumatized by past events. Sure she's not perfect in her reactions but no one is. I actually like the storyline.
I'm not asking her to I'm just stating that I would like to see her doing better work. It's an opinion and a strong one at bet. I would be devastated if they killed off snow. But I think her writing has been off once they introduced the baby, I feel weird because I don't hate the storyline I hate the way it's being portrayed. I think it's great to see Emma and snow really go at it because Jen & ginny are amazing. But I fear the outcome. I dont like that snow gets beat down when she is on her right as is Emma or charming. But I do think they are not showcasing snows pov and I hate that I have to defend my reasoning to see a snow centric or a snow and Emma centric. Why bc we had it two seasons ago? What is wrong with having more? I'm not asking to exclude charming's role but I would want to see more of snow period. I'm also tired of having to defend snow with the, Ginny has her personal life so she can't, then maybe they should have waited on this storyline for when she can.

Is there something wrong in being upset? I'm out of line? Maybe a bit, I'll acknowledge that but I don't think it makes me a bad fan to want to enjoy Ginny's performance

Plus the fat joke was down right mean and I still can't believe they did that.