Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 11-10-2014, 12:14 PM
Elite Fan

Your not a bad fan and I am not saying that. We just don't see the storyline the same. I don't think it is that bad. This arc is supposed to be from Emma's viewpoint. The earlier scenes with them in seasons 2 and 3 were from Snow's POV. Just another twist in their relationship. And in 3B lots of people were mad at Emma for wanting to up and leave so it is not just Snow who takes the hits about their relationship even if it seems that way on certain sites. But it is cool to not like the writing for your favorite. Snow is one of my favorites too. But so are Emma and Charming (and Belle).

ETA But I should clarify that I don't see anything wrong in how Snow treated Emma last night. I Would have said and done the same things if my child were in that situation. It is parental instinct to protect your baby even from their sibling. And it is natural to be angry first and then concerned in a dangerous situation. Parents often say I am sorry I yelled but you really scared me.

Last edited by Austenphile; 11-10-2014 at 12:23 PM
Old 11-10-2014, 12:57 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Austenphile (View Post)
Your not a bad fan and I am not saying that. We just don't see the storyline the same. I don't think it is that bad. This arc is supposed to be from Emma's viewpoint. The earlier scenes with them in seasons 2 and 3 were from Snow's POV. Just another twist in their relationship. And in 3B lots of people were mad at Emma for wanting to up and leave so it is not just Snow who takes the hits about their relationship even if it seems that way on certain sites. But it is cool to not like the writing for your favorite. Snow is one of my favorites too. But so are Emma and Charming (and Belle).
But the thing is I don't have a problem with the storyline on the contrary I'm excited about it (ironically). And I get that it's Emma's POV but I think we need to see a little more of Snow's plus the circumstances are different for Snow now. Her feelings have changed since season 2 but we haven't seen it. Snow has gone through a major life changing moment, she had a baby. Her feelings about her situation are different. I'm sure she stills feels the same but it's on a completely different level. She's not only gone through having a baby, but not remembering it, losing Emma and Henry, having to kill charming & then having her baby snatched from her arms. That's a lot of turmoil in just a few days, it's not just feeling guilty about giving up Emma. We saw charming deal with finding out the new baby & losing Emma but we never got that with Snow. Emma and Charming work together so there's a relationship born from that a trust because they fight along side each other. Emma watched her mom die and ran to charming first and has yet called her mom. It's weird to see the finale and then not have snow and Emma interact until last night and then have a blow up. These are the things I see and notice and that's why I don't like where Snow is because Emma also reacts but we are not hearing her say it. Emma subtly snubs Snow and people don't see that.

There is a lot going on with Snow and snow fans can see and identify because we look for it, we recognize Ginny's performance and how she plays it. She shows her emotions on her face but I can still say that they haven't dealt with the Charming Snow and Neal thing, he tried to get her spirits up, but it was a vain attempt on her part she's more willing to separate from Neal but there is still that fear that needs to be addressed. This is heavy snow stuff that is deep rooted but to fully get the relationship back on track we need to see more of snow.
Old 11-10-2014, 02:04 PM
Elite Fan

We still have several episodes to go, including this week's two-parter, so we might get more of Snow's point of view. I hope it really has an emotional payoff for Snow and her family in the end, and that it will allow them all to start dealing with some issues that have clearly been a bit repressed.
Old 11-10-2014, 02:12 PM
Elite Fan

I get your frustration over not getting enough Snow. And Ginny does a wonderful job portraying so many levels of emotions. I consider myself a huge Snow fan. Although it sounds like I might not meet your definition because I love both Emma and Charming too. And no I don't think Snow has dealt with her feelings about everything. But I cannot see how any of that is Charming's fault or why it is a bad thing we got one episode in four years of Charming's viewpoint or why it is a bad thing that Charming and Emma have a good relationship. I don't think it is a competition between the parents.
Old 11-10-2014, 02:42 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Austenphile (View Post)
I get your frustration over not getting enough Snow. And Ginny does a wonderful job portraying so many levels of emotions. I consider myself a huge Snow fan. Although it sounds like I might not meet your definition because I love both Emma and Charming too. And no I don't think Snow has dealt with her feelings about everything. But I cannot see how any of that is Charming's fault or why it is a bad thing we got one episode in four years of Charming's viewpoint or why it is a bad thing that Charming and Emma have a good relationship. I don't think it is a competition between the parents.
I think you're reading too much into that. I have never ever said that I have tried to be one to push the equality in parenting with Snow and Charming. It was good that charming got his episode he even had one this season. Am I out of line to ask for a snow episode? I was pushing for Emma and charming development all of season 2. I can't ask for snow and Emma alone scenes? Watching them interact alone. Yes I may not be a big Emma fan but I love charming and I never said it was charming's fault I have never once pointed a finger to him. You can't say that the relationship between snow and Emma is off, their current relationship is non-existent.

If you read what I wrote I blamed Snow for not fully embracing what Charming did for her, she was vain about it.

Honestly I have voiced a lot that I have wanted some snow stuff but I have been told to let it go because we got it two seasons ago. So because charming and Emma are buddies we should never get a charming centric again? We've seen it why do we need another charming flashback? I would love another charming flashback as I would love another snow one.

I value your opinion and I like discussing with you but it offends me that I can't express or voice that I want more snow and her pov and told that we already got it so shouldn't ask for more. I apologize if I've made you think that way or that you don't meet some weird snow standard that I hold, I think what sparks me is that I'm met with the same thing, we got it already snow should step back for charming and Emma. Why can't they each have their own centrics it's not like I'm asking to get rid of charming's in favor of snow. Also snow gets crucified and charming doesn't because we saw him deal with the situation be we never got snow, I don't need an episode, I just need one scene where she expresses. That's it, I may not eloquently voice it and I may be aggressive and abrupt in my approach and I try to look at both sides, but I don't know what you want me to say?
Old 11-10-2014, 03:05 PM
Elite Fan

I am sorry I offended you. It was not my intention to say we shouldn't get Snow's viewpoint. I was trying to reassure you that it has been evident that Snow loves Emma and is traumatized by what happened. I also meant to convey to be patient because Snow's viewpoint will come again. They are just focusing elsewhere right now. It is fundamentally a show about mothers and daughters. I love all the family members and am tired of people taking sides when they all have been traumatized. Hope we can move on to something we agree on and that is we both love Snow.
Old 11-10-2014, 03:15 PM
Elite Fan

for all.
Old 11-10-2014, 09:05 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Cam (View Post)
We still have several episodes to go, including this week's two-parter, so we might get more of Snow's point of view. I hope it really has an emotional payoff for Snow and her family in the end, and that it will allow them all to start dealing with some issues that have clearly been a bit repressed.
I'm hoping for this too!
Old 11-11-2014, 11:33 AM
Loyal Fan

Dena thanks and of course we'll have some disagreements or won't see things exactly the same. But I think the reasons I keep pushing on Snow's POV and always bring up Charming's "the tower" episode is because look at how people view charming and snow in the Emma drama. That episode solidified Charming's relationship with Emma people don't question his love because we saw it. I liked the episode and I like their relationship but my issue is that Snow got burnt somewhere in the process. If we had a moment or a scene or maybe two where Snow could express and verbalize her feelings people wouldnt look at her like she replaced/hates/scared of/prefers charming/ etc Emma. The thing is that after the echo cave we haven't been privy to how snow feels. Yeah it's easy for you and I to see it because we look for it and we understand Ginny's acting. We understand her in a sense but apparently not the general audience they are angry because "snow had another child because Emma wasn't what she wanted". I'm shocked people even see it like that but because Snow hasn't been able to defend herself it's all heresay and speculation.

Snow has been pushed back and for understandable reasons (ginny was pregnant and had a baby) that's why I've come to the conclusion that maybe they should have waited until ginny can really dig into snow and we can see the two sides of this problem.

I think the reason we at times butt heads is because I think you think I want to negate charming's presence or character so when I say I want more snow or snow/Emma it's because she's being thrown to wolves on the show, her character is suffering and she's being hung out to dry. Honestly if I had my way it'd be snowing 24/7, but snow is currently suffering from lack of characterization. They keep throwing these huge bombs with no explanation or reasoning and that's why since S3B I've had a huge problem with how the charming family has been written, it's lopsided.

Like you've fought for charming's flashback & charming/Emma because in S1 & S2 it was non-existent it was to defend and understand him and unfortunately snow is in desperate need for that.
Old 11-11-2014, 12:04 PM
Elite Fan

I have seen a lot of those posts. But I have also seen a lot of support for Snow from mothers because she acted like a mother to both Emma and Neal in that episode. As we swing around to Snow's viewpoint (hopefully soon) I think some of the antagonism towards her will stop. I think my point is that the general audience not on tumblr probably does not feel that way towards her because most understand about the real dynamics of a family. I enjoyed the post linked in the Emma & Snow thread detailing the evolution of their relationship. Funnily enough I had been thniking of it in terms of a mother and her teenaged daughter because it closely resembles my relationship with my teen. The mothet used to be a big part of their life but now you rarely even see them. And I think the lack of relationship is jyst as much on Emma for choosing to hang with her friends (Elsa/Hook/ Regina) instead of her family. But some people who identify with Emma are probably projecting their own complicated relationship with their mother (and most of them are complicated) and taking any anger or jealousy they have out on Snow. Even though Emma herself has never been one to be angry or jealous more jyst sad and afraid.
Old 11-11-2014, 04:23 PM
Loyal Fan

Yeah I agree with that in the sense that people are claiming Emma to be a certain way when I don't see it like that. I have never seen Emma jealous or have felt they've replaced her. Sometimes I'm like huh? I see Emma happy for Snow and even in the Echo cave I never got the impression that snow was trading her in. It's like how people claim OUAT to be anti-adoption and Emma was trying to steal Henry from Regina what?

I feel like somewhere people stopped looking at Snow as individual but solely as Emma's mother, like her whole purpose on the show is just be there when Emma needs her that's it.

My other issue and this can also be used for snowing, but I've notice that we tend to "hate" people whom we feel have had it good. Snow is in a different category from all the other main characters, she had two parents who unconditionally loved her. She grew up loved and cherished, she was a princess and was isolated from the dangers of the world. But her parents were murdered by hatred, where the others were either abused, abandoned or died for selfish reasons. The first time she was exposed to anger and hatred was whenever she realized Regina killed her father and was going to kill her. Then she lived on the run but she always found help and then she found charming. They both became that epitome of true love and their problems were never internal but external like Ginny said. The trust and love was always there. So Snow's obstacles have been Regina and King George, but because people see her as "having everything" are too busy sympathizing with broken characters. There is nothing wrong with that but don't ignore that Snows had a hard life just because her and charming are happy or that she had a second child.

It's like the fairytale we always end at happily ever after because the truth is hard. Also how people not feel for snow, losing two children I mean that is super tramatic.
Old 11-23-2014, 05:38 PM
Loyal Fan

Snow White in White
x
Old 11-23-2014, 11:03 PM
Elite Fan

Aw, lovely

White is a good color on her, though the (official) wedding dress is not my favorite.
Old 11-24-2014, 04:22 AM
Elite Fan

That's a lovely gifset. Thanks for sharing.
Old 12-01-2014, 08:41 AM
Elite Fan

1x01/4x09 - Snow giving up her children to protect them.
x