Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 11-23-2011, 05:55 PM
Elite Fan

I wonder if we see them have a similiar bond to Mary/Emma.
Old 11-23-2011, 11:28 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I think it will be different, but I hope just as strong.
Old 11-24-2011, 09:43 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I agree, it'll be different. Strong in it's own way - I try not to compare mother/child and father/child relationships because they are innately different and unique and meant to provide something different.

So, I think Emma and David will form their own kind of close bond.

Brenda❤Dylan Fan ~ You’ll look back years from now, and I’ll just be another girl you knew in high school. DYLAN: No you won’t. No you won’t, Bren. Not after everything.
Old 11-24-2011, 11:43 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I agree Heather.
Old 11-24-2011, 12:34 PM
Fan Forum Hero

The question is... WHEEEEEEEEN. When will we see them together??? XDDD *impatient*

Anyway, since Emma is now a grown lady, I wonder hwo that will affect her relationship with both? Usually the relationship differences between a parent and child comes during the years when they're young/teenagers... but David and Mary doesn't go through that stage (sadly), so I think, maybe, it will be more or less the same.

Right now, obviously she will be closer to Mar, but only because they've known each other longer and are living together.
Old 11-24-2011, 03:36 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sansa (View Post)
The question is... WHEEEEEEEEN. When will we see them together??? XDDD *impatient*

Anyway, since Emma is now a grown lady, I wonder hwo that will affect her relationship with both? Usually the relationship differences between a parent and child comes during the years when they're young/teenagers... but David and Mary doesn't go through that stage (sadly), so I think, maybe, it will be more or less the same.

Right now, obviously she will be closer to Mar, but only because they've known each other longer and are living together.
The question is definitely ... 'when.'

But, yeah, you bring up a good point - obviously, a different type of closeness forms between parents and children as children grow from birth to adulthood. Emma and her parents were deprived of that so I think there is somewhat of a difference in that regard, for both Mary and David. However, I do think that a bond can form with time, not the same kind she could have had; however, there will be a certain kind of relationship she will get to share with her mother one day and a certain kind of relationship she will get out of her father, David.

Brenda❤Dylan Fan ~ You’ll look back years from now, and I’ll just be another girl you knew in high school. DYLAN: No you won’t. No you won’t, Bren. Not after everything.
Old 11-24-2011, 03:50 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Yeah, I acn see it being different, but not the kind of difference where a child obviously favors her mom or her father more than the other, etc.
Old 11-24-2011, 04:00 PM
Fan Forum Hero

^ usually when that scenario happens, though, it's because there's dysfunction of some sort with one parent rather than the other one. I don't think we'll see that with Emma, there's no real reason to, or at least - I hope not.

Old 11-24-2011, 04:10 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Yeah, but I mean, that dysfunction usually comes from years of being raised by your parents, sorta thing.

XD But eitherway, if she had grown up in FTL, I'm sure she'd have her dad wrapped around her little finger.
Old 11-24-2011, 04:27 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Plus, dysfunction depends on who and where it's coming from ... a bad parent, a rebellious child etc. In adulthood, the only thing I can imagine is if one parent was completely on the 'bad side/wrong side' or the grown child was but I don't think we have to worry about that with Emma or David. Or Mary.

Maybe dad and daughter would have hit a rough patch in her teenage years but I think she probably would have had a good relationship with her parents, hypothetically speaking. I can't really conjure up anything bad that would have caused a bad division, could you?!

Old 11-25-2011, 11:18 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I don't know, somehow I feel like since Snow White is very headstrong in FTL, I can see she and Emma butt heads growing up, but totally be daddy's little girl. XD
Old 11-25-2011, 12:50 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I agree with you Hannah. I could see poor James being in the middle of it.
Old 11-25-2011, 01:30 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Yeah, Emma and SW are both headstrong but I don't think that means they wouldn't have been close, though. In fact, I can actually picture Emma budding heads with her dad on some of his rules, being that she is so headstrong like her mom.

Old 11-25-2011, 01:37 PM
Fan Forum Hero

True I'm sure that Emma and her Dad would have had their moments, but I have heard quiet a bit how people who are alike butt heads quiet a LOT.
Old 11-25-2011, 01:53 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Sometimes. But sometimes it creates a united front/common ground, I've been on the receiving end of that before instead.