Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 02-02-2013, 07:55 AM
Addicted Fan

Gorgeous artwork!
"Love makes us sick. Haunts our dreams. Destroys our days"
Old 02-02-2013, 08:22 AM
Master Fan

I tend to lose all bets.. So if I ever predict anything.. remember that the opposite will happen.

Love the art.
Old 02-02-2013, 09:42 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiorjiina (View Post)
Gorgeous arts!

I'm certain they did. There are other examples of them doing the same (most notably Archie telling Emma her arrival had 'woken a sleeping dragon', and then the finale happened!)
Oh right, lol.

I love all the parallels .......especially with Rumbelle, which is generally the only ones I would pay attention to, lol

What's so funny is that they didn't necessarily intend for Belle to return, though because they love Emilie, they kept it open (or they re-wrote the ending when they saw how great she was and how much chemistry she had with Bobby) in case she was ever available. So, when I watch Skin Deep, it's sometimes occurs to me to think that this could have been an episode that meant nothing had Rumbelle not become so HUGE. I mean, what would it have meant without Belle ever returning? Would the point have been to show that, yet again, Rumple had lost somene he loved? Jane said in the commentary that the theme had changed, that in the end it proved to be not abour Rumple choosing power over love, but that he believed himself to not be worthy of love. Without future Rumbelle, Skin Deep would have been yet another dagger in Rumple's heart. How sad.

I can't predict anything with this show; everything I have thought, even things that make common sense, have proven dead wrong.

The idea that Belle doesn't regain her memories, for instance, makes NO sense in a thousand different ways......but yet, who knows?
Old 02-02-2013, 09:48 AM
Extreme Fan

Wonderful art!
Old 02-02-2013, 10:22 AM
Master Fan

I'l repost this from another blog, because the essence is so true.

I don't agree about the feels because while they are painful, the Rumbelle scenes were extraordinary, but yes to the idea that no one went to visit Belle.

Quote:
The worst thing about In the Name of the Brother, aside from the feels, was the lack of concern from people about Belle. I mean what, she loses her memory and y’all just want to sit downstairs waiting FOR HOURS on news about a guy you want to let die??????

http://foreveronelittlewish.tumblr.c...of-the-brother

One responder mentioned Ruby as being rather um.......lax as a friend and I can't say I disagree. Then again, I'm not hot for their friendship any longer and haven't been for awhile.
Old 02-02-2013, 11:10 AM
Part-Time Fan

I need to pay closer attention...

The foreshadowing is incredible. I am no longer going to pass things off as a mere coincidence now haha.

The artwork here has been wonderful!

Belle was who I most concerned about in the Name of the Brother. It was probably one of the points that hurt me the most throughout the whole show.
Old 02-02-2013, 11:16 AM
Master Fan

Given that people may care about Belle, but not enough to really be with her at this time when she needs them most, it makes Gold's threat to me even more understandable. How can he trust anyone to take care of her while he's gone? Even the Charmings. Belle tucked away in a hospital is too easily forgotten, esp. when the Charmings are busy.

Gold trusts them to protect Belle, esp. Charming, but I think he had to ensure that Belle does not slip through any cracks as she seems to do; she never seems to be anyone's priority except for his. So, he gave them something to really think about..

Snow is a maternal, nurturing person; I want her to be tender with Belle, to try and reassure her. Charming, more than Snow obviously, knows about Gold's love for her and I think it's up to him to tell Belle about it - certainly to assure her that he loves her and that there is nothing for her to be afraid of with him. Obviously both can tell her about magic. Point is, this should be a team effort for the Charmings.
Old 02-02-2013, 12:13 PM
Part-Time Fan

You are right there, Belle doesn't have anyone who cares about her as much as Rumple does. If I was in his position I would trust anyone else either.

You can't blame the others for not paying enough attention to Belle with everything they have going on, but it is a shame that they don't seem to have made much of an effort at all really.

I really do hope the Charmings band together to help Belle remember, surely having Belle alongside them would be beneficial to them.

ITA with everything you have said though!
Old 02-02-2013, 01:07 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoeunleashed (View Post)
I need to pay closer attention...

The foreshadowing is incredible. I am no longer going to pass things off as a mere coincidence now haha.

The artwork here has been wonderful!

Belle was who I most concerned about in the Name of the Brother. It was probably one of the points that hurt me the most throughout the whole show.
I was heartbroken that no one seemed to care that much either. What happened to her and the condition she is in now is a torturous state.

It's an act that is unforgivable. And there seems to be no one that cares for her except Rumple.

I hope we see that change
Old 02-02-2013, 01:18 PM
Part-Time Fan

I thought it pretty awful too..that we didn't see a scene where someone else checked on Belle...to show concern. Weird too, because when Rumple arrived at the hospital they were trying to push him away...maybe because they thought he would "upset" her now that she lost her memories? who knows?

But, there are time constraints with the time slot they have: so I like to think there was a missing scene or two between the time Belle screamed and the time rumple came back with the cup...Belle did seem a bit recovered from their earlier interaction and seemed open to having a conversation with him. Maybe Ruby came in to calm her?
Old 02-02-2013, 01:19 PM
Passionate Fan

Credit: favorite outfits: Belle French - i'm not afraid of you
Old 02-02-2013, 01:29 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
But, there are time constraints
Quote:
I was heartbroken that no one seemed to care that much either. What happened to her and the condition she is in now is a torturous state. It's an act that is unforgivable. And there seems to be no one that cares for her except Rumple.

I hope we see that change
Well every show has time constraints; one little scene wouldn't kill. If they didn't show it, then to me it didn't happen.

I get that a lot is going on, but what is more important than people? They are what make a town vital. Belle, in her short time in SB, has been someone who is obviously well-liked and respected. Having her in this brutal condition is awful. She had just rescued Archie - if for nothing else, you'd think that maybe he would be there. I won't blame him because he probably doesn't know, but everyone else must know by now.
Old 02-02-2013, 01:33 PM
Addicted Fan

Great gifs!
"Love makes us sick. Haunts our dreams. Destroys our days"
Old 02-02-2013, 01:49 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Star Trek
Robert Carlyle

Great gifset

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhonwen (View Post)
The show is thick with foreshadowing, and parallels.. just I think sometimes that try and trick us to thinking we see something that is actually the opposite of what they intend..
Think so too...

Now I'm thinking of all the Belle scenes so far, and now wonder if foreshadowing is at work..

Storybrooke folk better keep an eye on Belle, otherwise I'll be giving them a word or two
Old 02-02-2013, 01:51 PM
Extreme Fan

Lovely gifs!