View Single Post
Old 02-02-2013, 09:42 AM
Betsybelle
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiorjiina (View Post)
Gorgeous arts!

I'm certain they did. There are other examples of them doing the same (most notably Archie telling Emma her arrival had 'woken a sleeping dragon', and then the finale happened!)
Oh right, lol.

I love all the parallels .......especially with Rumbelle, which is generally the only ones I would pay attention to, lol

What's so funny is that they didn't necessarily intend for Belle to return, though because they love Emilie, they kept it open (or they re-wrote the ending when they saw how great she was and how much chemistry she had with Bobby) in case she was ever available. So, when I watch Skin Deep, it's sometimes occurs to me to think that this could have been an episode that meant nothing had Rumbelle not become so HUGE. I mean, what would it have meant without Belle ever returning? Would the point have been to show that, yet again, Rumple had lost somene he loved? Jane said in the commentary that the theme had changed, that in the end it proved to be not abour Rumple choosing power over love, but that he believed himself to not be worthy of love. Without future Rumbelle, Skin Deep would have been yet another dagger in Rumple's heart. How sad.

I can't predict anything with this show; everything I have thought, even things that make common sense, have proven dead wrong.

The idea that Belle doesn't regain her memories, for instance, makes NO sense in a thousand different ways......but yet, who knows?