Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 06-02-2014, 07:01 PM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunchick116 (View Post)
i didn't enjoy that finale very much tbh.
Yeah, the finale was a major letdown after 9 VERY strong episodes in the Wicked arc. The finale also had very little to do with the arc that was being told. The theme of home was the only thing it had going for it.
Old 06-02-2014, 07:02 PM
Elite Fan

A is for Angelic
B is for Bridge
C is for Cape
D is for Drama
E is for Emma
F is for Fantasy
G is for George
H is for Hangman Game
I is for Instant Connection
J is for Journey
K is for Kingdom
L is for Love Letter
M is for Memory
N is for Nostalgia
O is for Outdoor Picnic
P is for Potion
Q is for Quiet Demeanor
R is for Red Jacket
S is for Snow
T is for True Love's Kiss
U is for Underwater
V is for Video Surveillance
W is for Wardrobe
X is for eXiled Princess
Y is for Yearning

Agree about the finale. I have my own crackpot theory that several years in the future, Henry and Grace (or Baby Neal and Alexandra) can time travel to the moment when Emma messes everything up and stop her from snapping that twig. Order is restored and Marian just disappears.
Old 06-02-2014, 07:02 PM
Master Fan

Yessssss.

'Cause I don't know who I am, who I am without you All I know is that I should
And I don't know if I could stand another hand upon you All I know is that I should
'Cause she will love you more than I could She who dares to stand where I stood
JohnSara
Old 06-02-2014, 07:03 PM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by fairy_mermaid (View Post)
It was a mess, I was not very happy with how they chose to do things. And yeah I totally agree.
They screwed with Snowing canon! I will never be ok with that!

ETA:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Austenphile (View Post)
Agree about the finale. I have my own crackpot theory that several years in the future, Henry and Grace (or Baby Neal and Alexandra) can time travel to the moment when Emma messes everything up and stop her from snapping that twig. Order is restored and Marian just disappears.
LOVE this theory! I'm going with this!
Old 06-02-2014, 07:10 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by butterflygirl (View Post)
They screwed with Snowing canon! I will never be ok with that!
Damn straight, still not over it. But yeah the finale felt odd and very out of place compared to the 3B. I think that is why it is hard for me to accept certain things because it felt so inorganic, just everything meshed together.

Quote:
this is like the best thing I've read, yup
Old 06-02-2014, 07:11 PM
Master Fan

i don't mind the snowing stuff but the bringing marian back and all the captain swan stuff was just ugh.

And I don't know if I could stand another hand upon you All I know is that I should
JohnSara
Old 06-02-2014, 07:13 PM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
There will always be double standards when it the heroes vs villains it won't matter. I mean look at the flack Emma got for saving Marian, can you imagine if it had been Snow or Charming. Oh man it would have been worse.
Oh no, let's not even go there! Snow and Charming get so much crap for the littlest mistakes, so a big screw up like Emma's would be the end of them in this fandom!

Quote:
Also David (cursed and not cursed) never loved Kathryn, there was never anything between them. Unlike Robin having real love for both Marian and Regina. This will be a real love triangle unlike Mary/David/Kathryn and Hook/Emma/Neal.
That's the difference. Robin truly loved Marian. David only had "memories" of loving Kathryn, but he clearly loved Mary Margaret from the moment he came out of his coma.

Quote:
I agree, I don't see them going down that route. I guess it depends on how Robin takes the news about Regina killing Marian in the past. I will be sad if they make Marian the villain, I just don't know how they will get out of that.
I don't think they'll make her the villain, but don't be surprise if she's dead by S4A's finale. Don't know why I'm laughing because that's so not funny.

Quote:
Yes this is exactly as how I see it, he wasn't "playing" them. Even though we never really saw the David/Kathryn relationship but you could tell it was a cold, civil one. I always saw David to be head over heels in love with MM, and questioning his marriage memories with Kathryn. Almost like if I remember loving her why don't I feel anything. There was no attraction, but they were friendly and that was what probably crossed over from Charming and Abigail. It reminds of someone who does something because it is socially correct but it isn't what they want. Regina created this weird 50's mentality type of Cursed Storybooke and David leaving his wife was a no no.
See the only thing I take issue in the whole matter is the pregnancy scare. I have major qualms with the idea of David sleeping with Kathryn while obviously confused over his "memories". That's the only thing that seems wrong IMO. Maybe I'll pretend Regina planted the memories of sleeping together and a possible pregnancy in their minds. After all the curse wasn't broken yet even though time was moving. You can't make me believe otherwise!
Old 06-02-2014, 07:15 PM
Master Fan

boys will be boys. he probably thought 'i'll sleep with her and it'll fix EVERYTHING'.

JohnSara
Old 06-02-2014, 07:16 PM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Damn straight, still not over it. But yeah the finale felt odd and very out of place compared to the 3B. I think that is why it is hard for me to accept certain things because it felt so inorganic, just everything meshed together.
Yeah, it felt out of place and plot service. The only character development was Emma's and it felt at the expense of everyone else. The only upside is Emma finally accepted her family as her home.

Quote:
this is like the best thing I've read, yup
This legit made me laugh out loud. No idea why!

ETA:

Quote:
boys will be boys. he probably thought 'i'll sleep with her and it'll fix EVERYTHING'.
Ewwww! Men are just... ewwwww!
Old 06-02-2014, 07:18 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by butterflygirl (View Post)
Yeah, it felt out of place and plot service. The only character development was Emma's and it felt at the expense of everyone else. The only upside is Emma finally accepted her family as her home.
even that doesn't mean anything cause we thought she accepted it last year. she called MM her mom in 203 for the first time (to aurora). there shouldn't have been THIS MUCH TIME in between acknowledging to someone else's face, and acknowledging it to her parents.

JohnSara
Old 06-02-2014, 07:22 PM
Elite Fan

No I think David probably did really sleep with Kathryn in an attempt to "make their marriage work". They needs a true pregnancy scare for the angst. Plus that is probably the only reason the writers had Mary Margaret have a one night stand with Whale after he treated her so horribly on their date. Because who would ever sleep with someone who had been that dismissive of you on a real date?! I think the writers just wanted them "even" after the curse broke. Of course we could think that both encounters were planted memories by Regina.
Old 06-02-2014, 07:38 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
No I think David probably did really sleep with Kathryn in an attempt to "make their marriage work". They needs a true pregnancy scare for the angst. Plus that is probably the only reason the writers had Mary Margaret have a one night stand with Whale after he treated her so horribly on their date. Because who would ever sleep with someone who had been that dismissive of you on a real date?! I think the writers just wanted them "even" after the curse broke. Of course we could think that both encounters were planted memories by Regina.
Yeah I think they did sleep together for that reason, though I don't think they were sexually active. I look at it like it happened probably a couple times, then he started his affair with MM (so he wasn't sleeping with Kathryn) and then him and Kathryn break up. I can see Charming come up with excuses not to sleep with Kathryn, oh I am tired, big day tomorrow, headache. I mean he wasn't even home on Valentine's Day, he was too busy keeping an eye on MM. I also agree on the MM and Dr. Whale thing, they were both pity screws (sorry excuse my language I couldn't think how else to write it)

Quote:
even that doesn't mean anything cause we thought she accepted it last year. she called MM her mom in 203 for the first time (to aurora). there shouldn't have been THIS MUCH TIME in between acknowledging to someone else's face, and acknowledging it to her parents.
I know we are heading into a different path but Emma's storyline for S3 was a huge disappointment for me. She was happy with Snowing as her parents in S2, she had accepted them. Yeah they still were moments where they were trying to resolve and get past. I mean even in S1 she was calling MM her family and how she would be there for her. Then as soon as 3x01 rolls around she calls out Snowing, again blaming them. For me that was a huge WTF moment, because they just had her calling them Mom and Dad and now she is saying she is an orphan. I felt like a slap in the face they completely regressed her to pre S1 mentality. Also she was mean to Snow (in Neverland), very dismissive of her. I know this can be argued but that was how I saw it. Like she calls out Snow for ignoring Charming, yet she throws that in Charming's face. These are the little things that bugged me.

I guess this is why or another reason the finale bugged me, it didn't have to take Emma this long with the expense of disrupting a lot of the character's story lines or developments.
Old 06-02-2014, 07:42 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Yeah I think they did sleep together for that reason, though I don't think they were sexually active. I look at it like it happened probably a couple times, then he started his affair with MM (so he wasn't sleeping with Kathryn) and then him and Kathryn break up. I can see Charming come up with excuses not to sleep with Kathryn, oh I am tired, big day tomorrow, headache. I mean he wasn't even home on Valentine's Day, he was too busy keeping an eye on MM. I also agree on the MM and Dr. Whale thing, they were both pity screws (sorry excuse my language I couldn't think how else to write it)

I know we are heading into a different path but Emma's storyline for S3 was a huge disappointment for me. She was happy with Snowing as her parents in S2, she had accepted them. Yeah they still were moments where they were trying to resolve and get past. I mean even in S1 she was calling MM her family and how she would be there for her. Then as soon as 3x01 rolls around she calls out Snowing, again blaming them. For me that was a huge WTF moment, because they just had her calling them Mom and Dad and now she is saying she is an orphan. I felt like a slap in the face they completely regressed her to pre S1 mentality. Also she was mean to Snow (in Neverland), very dismissive of her. I know this can be argued but that was how I saw it. Like she calls out Snow for ignoring Charming, yet she throws that in Charming's face. These are the little things that bugged me.

I guess this is why or another reason the finale bugged me, it didn't have to take Emma this long with the expense of killing off Neal, ruining OQ, also making rumple a little OOC for not trying to save Neal after knowing he died and shoehorning Hook in Snow Falls.
its very true. i understand that in neverland, you revert to your juvenile childish immature self or whatever so i guess i can excuse her then but when she came home, she should have snapped out of it. Emma's problem is she still forms no attachments, and by way of that, she has no loyalty. you don't buy that she cares about anyone but herself. i understand they're trying to make it a product of being abandoned and yadda yadda, but it just makes her come off cold and selfish.

JohnSara
Old 06-02-2014, 08:11 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
its very true. i understand that in neverland, you revert to your juvenile childish immature self or whatever so i guess i can excuse her then but when she came home, she should have snapped out of it. Emma's problem is she still forms no attachments, and by way of that, she has no loyalty. you don't buy that she cares about anyone but herself. i understand they're trying to make it a product of being abandoned and yadda yadda, but it just makes her come off cold and selfish.
I like Emma, but there has always been something about her that I could never put my finger on it and that is it. She has no loyalty. I feel like I can now understand it, now I can understand why she was always quick to put everyone down even her own parents. Like the few times that someone has made remarks to Snow or Charming and she doesn't really stand up for them. Or can someone help me on that, can someone help me on the times that Emma has stood up and defended Snowning.

SOURCE

So I brought this because I saw the Irony and could not let it pass. It is quite sad that people really do feel this way. It also feeds into the fact that people will not accept Charming/David because of this. But they fawn over other characters who have done villainous things.

ETA:

A is for Angelic
B is for Bridge
C is for Cape
D is for Drama
E is for Emma
F is for Fantasy
G is for George
H is for Hangman Game
I is for Instant Connection
J is for Journey
K is for Kingdom
L is for Love Letter
M is for Memory
N is for Nostalgia
O is for Outdoor Picnic
P is for Potion
Q is for Quiet Demeanor
R is for Red Jacket
S is for Snow
T is for True Love's Kiss
U is for Underwater
V is for Video Surveillance
W is for Wardrobe
X is for eXiled Princess
Y is for Yearning
Z is for Zany Rescue Mission

All I can think of is when Snow and Dwarves went to save Charming, granted they kicked ass it was pretty funny

Last edited by fairy_mermaid; 06-02-2014 at 08:21 PM
Old 06-02-2014, 08:29 PM
Master Fan

i don't want to make generalizations or blanket statements but i feel as though the not getting over infidelity thing, is very american. i'm hispanic, and in my culture, violence is a MUCH bigger deal than infidelity. you may be able to forgive your husband for an indiscretion, partly because there's just a belief that's the way MEN ARE, but violence is considered a much bigger deal, even with machismo being a prevalent problem. i agree with that. there's no excuse for violence or any of the things any of the actual villains on this show have done.

Quote:
I like Emma, but there has always been something about her that I could never put my finger on it and that is it. She has no loyalty. I feel like I can now understand it, now I can understand why she was always quick to put everyone down even her own parents. Like the few times that someone has made remarks to Snow or Charming and she doesn't really stand up for them. Or can someone help me on that, can someone help me on the times that Emma has stood up and defended Snowning.
it's ironic because in a way, she gets that from her father WHEN HE WAS CURSED. cursed david had no loyalty (or too much, as we were just discussing. )

JohnSara

Last edited by sunchick116; 06-02-2014 at 08:38 PM