View Single Post
Old 06-02-2014, 07:38 PM
fairy_mermaid
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Austenphile (View Post)
No I think David probably did really sleep with Kathryn in an attempt to "make their marriage work". They needs a true pregnancy scare for the angst. Plus that is probably the only reason the writers had Mary Margaret have a one night stand with Whale after he treated her so horribly on their date. Because who would ever sleep with someone who had been that dismissive of you on a real date?! I think the writers just wanted them "even" after the curse broke. Of course we could think that both encounters were planted memories by Regina.
Yeah I think they did sleep together for that reason, though I don't think they were sexually active. I look at it like it happened probably a couple times, then he started his affair with MM (so he wasn't sleeping with Kathryn) and then him and Kathryn break up. I can see Charming come up with excuses not to sleep with Kathryn, oh I am tired, big day tomorrow, headache. I mean he wasn't even home on Valentine's Day, he was too busy keeping an eye on MM. I also agree on the MM and Dr. Whale thing, they were both pity screws (sorry excuse my language I couldn't think how else to write it)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunchick116 (View Post)
even that doesn't mean anything cause we thought she accepted it last year. she called MM her mom in 203 for the first time (to aurora). there shouldn't have been THIS MUCH TIME in between acknowledging to someone else's face, and acknowledging it to her parents.
I know we are heading into a different path but Emma's storyline for S3 was a huge disappointment for me. She was happy with Snowing as her parents in S2, she had accepted them. Yeah they still were moments where they were trying to resolve and get past. I mean even in S1 she was calling MM her family and how she would be there for her. Then as soon as 3x01 rolls around she calls out Snowing, again blaming them. For me that was a huge WTF moment, because they just had her calling them Mom and Dad and now she is saying she is an orphan. I felt like a slap in the face they completely regressed her to pre S1 mentality. Also she was mean to Snow (in Neverland), very dismissive of her. I know this can be argued but that was how I saw it. Like she calls out Snow for ignoring Charming, yet she throws that in Charming's face. These are the little things that bugged me.

I guess this is why or another reason the finale bugged me, it didn't have to take Emma this long with the expense of disrupting a lot of the character's story lines or developments.