Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 04-14-2014, 06:09 PM
Extreme Fan

I enjoyed those facial expressions from Regina, too.

It's wonderful to see her show human emotions for orher human beings besides Henry. Her maturity this year is astounding.

I love your icon! The dinner at Grannys scene is the reason why I watch this series. It seems surreal, and I can't stop smiling when I see it tweeted and retweeted and posted all over this forum and twitter.

Last edited by OhRightTheConscienceThing; 04-14-2014 at 06:42 PM
Old 04-14-2014, 06:35 PM
Loyal Fan

That bridge scene was so amazing. Probably the best scene they have had together, well, with the exception of the bug scene. Lol

Regina's expressions when emma fell was all anyone needed to show that she does care for emma even if only for friendship. They are really bonding even tho regina doesn't have her heart. Hmm, I wonder what would have happened if she had her heart when Emma fell.

Yes, that scene at granny's was so great. They finally included regina just like a family.
Old 04-14-2014, 06:52 PM
Extreme Fan

It was amazing. And I love how Regina "talks" to Emma at the end, rather than simply "snark" at her when Regina explained her anger with Emma underutilizing her potential.

I'm glad also that there appears to be no jealousy from Regina over Emma's greater magical abilities.
Old 04-14-2014, 11:19 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhRightTheConscienceThing (View Post)
It was amazing. And I love how Regina "talks" to Emma at the end, rather than simply "snark" at her when Regina explained her anger with Emma underutilizing her potential.

I'm glad also that there appears to be no jealousy from Regina over Emma's greater magical abilities.
Why are Emma's magical abilities greater? Says who? I've never seen any sign of this. And why is it important that Emma's magical abilities are greater? Because she's a product of "twu luv"?

The reason I'm reacting to all of this is the following article:

I Will Not Save You

You know what? I hate the idea, as well.
"The term 'Black Magic' was originally a reference to the type of 'magic' (spiritual beliefs) done by people who were black and because of the racism of the time - 'Black=Bad'; we find the current idea of black magic meaning magic that is either bad, evil, or lesser." That is just wrong on so many levels.
Old 04-15-2014, 12:08 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by DR76 (View Post)
Why are Emma's magical abilities greater? Says who? I've never seen any sign of this. And why is it important that Emma's magical abilities are greater? Because she's a product of "twu luv"?

The reason I'm reacting to all of this is the following article:

I Will Not Save You

You know what? I hate the idea, as well.
Hm. Well, I read the article. And while I do actually agree with the canon storyline points of argument regarding this sudden shift in dynamic and demotion of Regina on the power grid, I personally do not find this to be about racism or forced heteronormativity. I get everyone likes what they like or perceives differently but I never saw the canon ever trying to portray SQ as TL. So, for me, I think there is some shipper preference bias present there. But I will leave that there and move on.

The truth is, if Lana and JMo were playing reversed roles, I would still take issue with this new idea. It is just ... coming out of nowhere. Yes, I get Emma was the Savior but her purpose was to break Regina's curse of s1 which she did with TL kiss on Henry. But they have never told us that she was made to be the Savior of this curse too.

Emma's magic. We know she has it since S2 and it's been underdeveloped. Emma and Regina have been shown to team up in the past and work well together when combining their magic for the greater good. They make a good team and while I enjoyed this episode's scenes with Regina teaching Emma, I am not a fan of some of the insinuations coming across. Zelena's episode declared Rumple the most powerful wizard in all the realms. Zelena was then fronted as the more powerful one between the sisters, since she had magic since a baby. Rumple's note was suddenly about Zelena instead of Regina, which for a bit, I thought might be a red herring in the end, afterall ... A letter written to Cora after Rumple met Zelena does not fit the timeline. Cora was already in Wonderland by this point and Regina had the letter to refer to whenever she needed 'a boost.' Regina could be doubting herself now. So, could the letter really be about Regina? Now, I do not know. Maybe it was just lazy writing.

I am sorry but it is going to be very strange to me for this part of the season to have been promoted as EVIL V. WICKED yet Evil doesn't stand a chance? She will need the Savior to step in for her, after all those years Regina has under her belt and we have seen what her dark magic can do? Nah, I was rooting for the teamwork of Emma and Regina but I myself will be seriously annoyed if this turns into downplaying Regina when Emma is technically still just a novice. It does not make sense to me whatsoever.

Brenda❤Dylan Fan ~ You’ll look back years from now, and I’ll just be another girl you knew in high school. DYLAN: No you won’t. No you won’t, Bren. Not after everything.
Old 04-15-2014, 05:18 AM
Moderator Support Team

maybe just maybe they portray the storyline this way to show us again that Regina doesnt really care about the power. back in the EF when she was young and innocent she told more than one time that she didnt care for power, that she didnt want it, that she just wanted to be free. maybe this is why they make emma step in. i mean regina was so simply okay with just saying that she couldnt do the mirror spell but that emma could... without malice or jealousy or anything. for regina its not about power, its about what people see in her and think of her. the letter of rumple did bother her but only ecause for the first time she thought that soemone looked up to her, was proud of her because she never got that from her mother. i think for now its more important for her that she finally has people standing behind her and if it wouldnt be for the WW and the curse and the missing year.. i think regina wouldnt even need her magic powers anymore. she would just need henry and her family

Sophie Devereaux is the finest actress you've ever seen, when she's breaking the law.

LEVERAGE campaign

Old 04-15-2014, 07:38 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms. Evil Regalღ (View Post)
maybe just maybe they portray the storyline this way to show us again that Regina doesnt really care about the power. back in the EF when she was young and innocent she told more than one time that she didnt care for power, that she didnt want it, that she just wanted to be free. maybe this is why they make emma step in. i mean regina was so simply okay with just saying that she couldnt do the mirror spell but that emma could... without malice or jealousy or anything. for regina its not about power, its about what people see in her and think of her. the letter of rumple did bother her but only ecause for the first time she thought that soemone looked up to her, was proud of her because she never got that from her mother. i think for now its more important for her that she finally has people standing behind her and if it wouldnt be for the WW and the curse and the missing year.. i think regina wouldnt even need her magic powers anymore. she would just need henry and her family
I think for me, Suz, this is not about Regina being malicious or jealous of Emma or not. I just have a serious issue with this from a story-telling point of view.

I do not think Regina has ever been about power. I believe she was looking for revenge, she was filled with anger and pain without a proper outlet for release. So the darkness was easier to submit to and she used her power not for power's sake, but to achieve what she believed to be justified payback. Her initial interest in magic was about bringing Daniel back, nothing more. But she always had the ability to be powerful in her magic. Rumple, upon first meeting her, commented on the power he felt from her.

Fastforward and we now have Emma. The Savior. But this point gets confusing because we know she was the Savior only because Rumple designed it that way. For Regina's curse. This episode, and some of Hook's dialogue to her, make it sound like she has this powerful magic because of being the Savior. Which was refuted by Rumple in s2, he is not the reason she has magic. We know she is a product of TL but even the magic being connected to that lacks proper insight. She is inexperienced with magic and her abilities are suddenly being propped up out of the blue.

Bringing this together, in a battle that is supposed to ultimately center on Evil v. Wicked, and about Regina's battle against her sister, it makes no sense to me to downplay Regina's magical capabilities while propping Emma's above hers. Especially when Regina is now going through redemption and working with the Charmings for the greater good? I could maybe understand the sudden shift of focus to Emma's stronger abilities with magic, but with proper development, if this battle centered on her but it does not. Zelena's main beef is with Regina and by extension to Rumple, so it would make no sense to suddenly focus this on Emma being able to bring down Zelena, instead of Regina. Why can't Regina still use her powerful magic and do good by it with defeating her sister? It helps to serve as a testament that she wants to use what power she has to help. My gosh, I am loving OQ, but I do not want to ever see Regina demoted to just being about a relationship because she chooses not to be the EQ anymore. And regardless of what we know Zelena is trying to accomplish, lol, Regina can not hop in a time machine and suddenly become that younger version of herself again. Magic is now a part of her, and like she told Emma, a committment and way of life. Regina can still be powerful in her magic and not seek power and be free.

The season is not over yet so I could be jumping the gun but I won't lie, if this becomes a trend of propping Emma over Regina in this battle with Zelena, instead of the two working together and Regina helping Emma to get better, I will become annoyed quickly, lol. Just my opinion.

Brenda❤Dylan Fan ~ You’ll look back years from now, and I’ll just be another girl you knew in high school. DYLAN: No you won’t. No you won’t, Bren. Not after everything.

Last edited by GrhmLz; 04-15-2014 at 07:56 AM
Old 04-15-2014, 07:54 AM
Moderator Support Team

okay point taken. i dont understand why they make it sound like emma is overpowering everything with her magic either. as far as this season goes. - and i mean the part wit hteh WW, i was also under the impression that it was evil vs wicked, thats how the whole thing was promoted. but i guess they have to find their place for the saviour.. because really. why would emma be there otherwise. her saviour role normally was done when she broke the curse in season one. i want them to work together emma and regina but i have to admit that i want it to be ultimatively REGINA that defeats the WW AND also breaks the curse with true loves kiss. emma had her part in that ones and while o love the bonding and the family feeling that we are getting now that regina is getting closer with all of them, i think it should be regina.

Sophie Devereaux is the finest actress you've ever seen, when she's breaking the law.

LEVERAGE campaign

Old 04-15-2014, 08:01 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms. Evil Regalღ (View Post)
okay point taken. i dont understand why they make it sound like emma is overpowering everything with her magic either. as far as this season goes. - and i mean the part wit hteh WW, i was also under the impression that it was evil vs wicked, thats how the whole thing was promoted. but i guess they have to find their place for the saviour.. because really. why would emma be there otherwise. her saviour role normally was done when she broke the curse in season one. I want them to work together emma and regina but i have to admit that i want it to be ultimatively REGINA that defeats the WW AND also breaks the curse with true loves kiss. emma had her part in that ones and while o love the bonding and the family feeling that we are getting now that regina is getting closer with all of them, i think it should be .
Yes, exactly, that is where I am going with it too. It just fits with the plot. Emma helping makes sense to me, just not becoming the central focus for this particular story. It will feel forced in order to give the Savior something 'important' to do.

Old 04-15-2014, 04:45 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
maybe just maybe they portray the storyline this way to show us again that Regina doesnt really care about the power. back in the EF when she was young and innocent she told more than one time that she didnt care for power, that she didnt want it, that she just wanted to be free. maybe this is why they make emma step in. i mean regina was so simply okay with just saying that she couldnt do the mirror spell but that emma could... without malice or jealousy or anything.

And yet . . . Regina got upset when she read that letter from Rumpel to Cora about the latter's first born being more powerful. She had assumed that Rumpel was talking about her and now, she believes he was talking about Zelena.
"The term 'Black Magic' was originally a reference to the type of 'magic' (spiritual beliefs) done by people who were black and because of the racism of the time - 'Black=Bad'; we find the current idea of black magic meaning magic that is either bad, evil, or lesser." That is just wrong on so many levels.
Old 04-15-2014, 08:02 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrhmLz (View Post)
I am sorry but it is going to be very strange to me for this part of the season to have been promoted as EVIL V. WICKED yet Evil doesn't stand a chance? She will need the Savior to step in for her, after all those years Regina has under her belt and we have seen what her dark magic can do? Nah, I was rooting for the teamwork of Emma and Regina but I myself will be seriously annoyed if this turns into downplaying Regina when Emma is technically still just a novice. It does not make sense to me whatsoever.
I don't think Zelena is more powerful than Regina. Even if there is more "magical force" in Zelena, she's too erratic and emotional to control it properly. That makes her LESS powerful, in my opinion.

What if I have a 2005 Honda that I've driven for nine years (true story bro), and some 16 year old kid has a 2014 Ferrari that he's driven for nine days? Who's got more control, and therefore has better chances of successfully driving down the highway at 75 MPH?

In that case, Regina is also more powerful than Emma, regardless of "magical force", regardless of dark or light. Emma has no idea what she's doing, and she's the first one to admit it. She has almost nothing but doubt, and I'm glad to see some of that doubt wavering. The writers are not going to throw Regina to the curb. All this talk of Zelena's "power" is meant to make Regina's confidence in herself waver. She knows she's more powerful than Emma, but she doesn't believe she's more powerful than Zelena. I think she's the most powerful of them all, and will be an excellent teacher for Emma.

Long story short... stop worrying!
Old 04-16-2014, 02:27 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by GalaxyDuster (View Post)
I don't think Zelena is more powerful than Regina. Even if there is more "magical force" in Zelena, she's too erratic and emotional to control it properly. That makes her LESS powerful, in my opinion.

What if I have a 2005 Honda that I've driven for nine years (true story bro), and some 16 year old kid has a 2014 Ferrari that he's driven for nine days? Who's got more control, and therefore has better chances of successfully driving down the highway at 75 MPH?

In that case, Regina is also more powerful than Emma, regardless of "magical force", regardless of dark or light. Emma has no idea what she's doing, and she's the first one to admit it. She has almost nothing but doubt, and I'm glad to see some of that doubt wavering. The writers are not going to throw Regina to the curb. All this talk of Zelena's "power" is meant to make Regina's confidence in herself waver. She knows she's more powerful than Emma, but she doesn't believe she's more powerful than Zelena. I think she's the most powerful of them all, and will be an excellent teacher for Emma.

Long story short... stop worrying!
Well said.
Old 04-16-2014, 12:30 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Why are Emma's magical abilities ll.
I guess I was assuming because Regina can't use mirror magic to see across realms but Emma can.

To be honest, my heart sank when the series revealed Emma has innate raw magic. Not at all interested in SuperSavior, but then I'm not writing the series.

And since it was a writers' decision, the least I could do was hope for these fun magic lessons scenes between the two characters. Because at least their interactions leads to entertaining and comedic screentime for me to watch.
Old 04-17-2014, 06:50 AM
Loyal Fan

Yes their scenes are great together. Like when Regina says don't touch, yet emma had to anyway. I can't wait for more magic scenes and when they finally take down Zelena together.
Old 04-17-2014, 08:49 AM
Moderator Support Team

Quote:
And yet . . . Regina got upset when she read that letter from Rumpel to Cora about the latter's first born being more powerful. She had assumed that Rumpel was talking about her and now, she believes he was talking about Zelena.
answered that in the same post as which you quoted she is not upset because its about the power. she just thought that for the first time someone thought she was worth something. she got a compliment and got noticed. its just that the only time someone noticed her.. she thinks that that not even that happened anymore because its about zelena

but yes i agree. we shouldnt worry. i enjoy the scenes with them and the friendship bonding that they have going on and the big finale where they fight her togehter. the WW i mean lol

LEVERAGE campaign