Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 10-11-2013, 02:08 PM
Elite Fan

Rumple's fresh makeover was too obvious to ignore.
Old 10-11-2013, 07:52 PM
Supreme Fan

Belle was openly eyeing him . "Hel-lo, Rumpel!"
ODO & KIRA (DS9)

Old 10-11-2013, 08:45 PM
Passionate Fan

I had to bring up theology. . . .

OK, I came at comments on Rumple's theology from a few different angles (and, now, you too must suffer through them. Sorry ).

First, let me say that I like anthropology. I like thinking about how things are from a different cultures POV or how different things would help create different cultures. I love this one anthropologist's story of how the story of Hamlet changed when this one African tribe got ahold of it (did you know Ophelia's brother was going to turn her into a zombie? I know, it's so obvious once you say it).

So, Rumple comes from a theistic society. I don't see atheism as logical for him in FTL, but I also don't see him as being overly worried about the state of his soul or how he might be judged in the afterlife. So, I see him as viewing the gods as something that can be worked around.

I sat down and thought about this when I was doing a fic that had Rumple in a world that had been devastated by a zombie plague (don't ask). Rumple's a deep thinker and I just didn't see him wandering through this place without having some thoughts about why things like this are allowed to happen. He sees each world as being run by its own gods and concludes the ones running this show are a bunch of incompetents (I didn't say he had deep theology).

This is in contrast to when I wrote a story where Rumple went to the World Without Magic with Bae. Victorian London is a horrible place for him to be. He's slowly starving to death while trying to make sure Bae survives. This Rumple, unlike the other one, saw what was happening to him as possibly his punishment from the gods and certainly something he deserved. I'm not sure if these are two different takes on his character or a logical difference given the 300 years of power and being the Dark One his alternate self had.

But, that's me. Your mileage may vary.

Oddly, I have no real ideas on Belle's belief system.
Old 10-12-2013, 01:54 AM
Elite Fan

If he's theistic, his God must be the upper hand behind all of his ordeals. It is God's decision to thrust those prophecies upon him as it's God's decision to nail Jesus on a cross. The Seer is merely a delivery person with a package of his fate. As the path is already chosen for him, he's on it anyhow even if he obeyed his captain who asked him to NOT talk to the "monster" in the cage. It might alleviate his burden without the Seer's fatalistic enlightenment, leaving the unknown for himself to discover. This religious talk is leading to nowhere, so just cut it off and go back to envision the next Rumbelle scene.
Old 10-12-2013, 04:28 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Star Trek
Robert Carlyle

Interesting thoughts there Kel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wes&FredFan (View Post)
Belle was openly eyeing him . "Hel-lo, Rumpel!"
Yes indeed
Old 10-12-2013, 04:51 AM
Master Fan

I made some collages on my Tumblr

Here's a few Rumbelle ones.

Old 10-12-2013, 07:57 AM
Dedicated Fan

Have yet to watch this episode. Looks like it was a good episode. earing about these scenes I can't wait.
Juliette & Avery,Zero & Jude, Snow & Charming, Emma & Neal always , Robin & Regina, Jack & Emily/Amanda, Oliver & Felicity, Tommy & Laurel , Joey & Pacey, Tony & Ziva,Hanna & Caleb, Stefan & Elena, EJ & Sami always , OG Will & Sonny, Kurt & Blaine, Finn & Rachel always , Brenda & Dylan , Kelly & Brandon,Donna & David, Nasir & Agron. FP & Alice.
Old 10-12-2013, 09:50 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Belle looked out across the sea. "Come back to me Rumple. The future isn't all it seems or if you can't believe at least try. . .for me."

Belle closed her eyes and sent her wish across the sea hoping against hope that wherever he was he could hear her or at least feel her love and hold it close. And yet. . .

as she turned to go she didn't feel quite so alone.

Who Are You and What Do You Want?

ic: shinebrighterxx
Jason Morgan | Wanda Maximoff | Prince Zuko/Mai | Prince Zuko/ Sukka | Draco/Pansy/Blaise/Theo | Princess Zelda / Link | Clark & Lois
Old 10-12-2013, 12:37 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhonwen (View Post)
I made some collages on my Tumblr

Here's a few Rumbelle ones.
I can't move my eyes off the rich color of her lipstick. Her sass is palpable.
Old 10-12-2013, 12:48 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Lost/ Once Upon a Time Crossover (Anyem)
When Oceanic 815 crashes on Neverland, and Claire gets seperated from the group, she runs into Rumpelstiltskin. Shocked, for she looks exactly like Belle, he helps her, always wondering who this woman is, who has the same appearance his true love…

Source

Jason Morgan | Wanda Maximoff | Prince Zuko/Mai | Prince Zuko/ Sukka | Draco/Pansy/Blaise/Theo | Princess Zelda / Link | Clark & Lois
Old 10-12-2013, 12:50 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Star Trek
Robert Carlyle

thanks for the collages Rho

baelfire24 the pic of Belle and the sea
Old 10-12-2013, 12:50 PM
Elite Fan

With a heavy baby bump and curly blonde hair, would she be recognizable to Rumple?
Old 10-12-2013, 01:13 PM
Master Fan

Love the collages. The pic of Belle and the sea I could so picture her doing that.

"Hey."
"Hey yourself....".
Leticia||icon by me||(x)||(ღ)
Old 10-12-2013, 01:32 PM
Dedicated Fan

Great collages
Juliette & Avery,Zero & Jude, Snow & Charming, Emma & Neal always , Robin & Regina, Jack & Emily/Amanda, Oliver & Felicity, Tommy & Laurel , Joey & Pacey, Tony & Ziva,Hanna & Caleb, Stefan & Elena, EJ & Sami always , OG Will & Sonny, Kurt & Blaine, Finn & Rachel always , Brenda & Dylan , Kelly & Brandon,Donna & David, Nasir & Agron. FP & Alice.
Old 10-12-2013, 01:50 PM
Master Fan