Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 08-16-2013, 04:59 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiorjiina (View Post)
You can also leave named comments, track fics and get alerts for when new chapters are published or when an author you like posts a new fic, and access fics which have been locked by their authors. The main reason I'm offering is because Bad Faery's fics are still available to read on AO3, but only if you have an account.
I'll take one if you still have it
Old 08-16-2013, 05:00 PM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhonwen (View Post)
I'll take one if you still have it
pm me your email again then, and I'll send you one.

๑۩۞۩๑ . . . Join us on the Robert Carlyle Campaign Thread!. . . ๑۩۞۩๑
Old 08-16-2013, 05:09 PM
Master Fan

Source

Who Are You and What Do You Want?

ic: shinebrighterxx
Jason Morgan | Wanda Maximoff | Prince Zuko/Mai | Prince Zuko/ Sukka | Draco/Pansy/Blaise/Theo | Princess Zelda / Link | Clark & Lois
Old 08-16-2013, 05:13 PM
Extreme Fan

Tftnt!
Old 08-16-2013, 07:25 PM
Master Fan

The phone call! My favorite thing! I’m so happy that people seem to really like this phone call. This was actually in danger in some early stages in the room and I was one of the ones saying we cannot lose this phone call, it’s very, very important. Nobody wanted to lose it but sometimes it just looks like something may not end up fitting and I was so glad that it ended up fitting because this is my favorite thing.

And trying to figure out what he would say to someone who doesn’t know who he is, doesn’t have their memories, doesn’t know why his death is significant, led to this shape of like, what would… what would he do in that circumstance? He would… he would want her to know… how - what he wants her to know about herself.

And yay to Emilie De Ravin! You know we got these dailies and it’s just her, she’s not… she’s not actually, like, across the room from where Bobby is doing his part of the scene. It’s a totally different day and she’s just in a hospital room set all by herself, and I’m not sure if Bobby was there to do the off camera dialogue or if she’s just listening to the script supervisor read the script… either way she’s got mostly - what she’s got to act against is an imaginary voice on the phone and she’s gotta come up with that emotion. Bobby too. Look at that. Look at the tear! My God! Actors are amazing people.

And then we get a nice father/son moment too. I love that this episode is able to… in… even in… Essentially we’re in a siege here. That we take the time to do these… these moments… These are the moments that make… make a story mean something. All the plot makes the story happen, but it doesn’t mean anything without these moments.

And you know we saw how young Bae was hurt by what his dad did, and sort of the start of them coming back together, and what he’s saying to Neal - to Bae - about, like, if you find love hold onto it, resonates with Emma because Emma and Bae had that gorgeous love that… that they didn’t manage to hang onto, so that resonates with her.

When you get a scene like this, where it means something very deep, and very different to all the people in the room, that’s a gift to a writer.

Yes! Michael Raymond-James grabbing that hand in the best way possible! Love that.

Jane Espenson
Old 08-17-2013, 03:11 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Star Trek
Robert Carlyle

Great synopsis by Jane there..
Old 08-17-2013, 03:34 AM
Obsessed Fan

I love hearing writers fangirl over that the actors have done with their script!

Old 08-17-2013, 05:50 AM
Master Fan

I know, I love what Jane said. She is great, and I'm glad that keeping the phone scene was really something everyone wanted..
Old 08-17-2013, 12:52 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiorjiina (View Post)
You need an invite at the moment in order to to sign up for an account, because the site is still in Beta testing mode.
I signed up without an invite and got a confirmation email within minutes. The registration page says something about a waiting list and needing approval but, apparently, the waiting list has about zero names on it.The site has been in beta for ages so I don't think that means much any more.
Old 08-17-2013, 03:19 PM
Obsessed Fan

Welcome, Maris!

I know a few months ago you still had to wait over a month to get approval, so I guess they must have been moving through the list pretty quickly lately!

Old 08-17-2013, 06:12 PM
Master Fan

Welcome Maris..

I haven't had a chance to sign up yet, but will be glad to try it out.

Gotta have my Rumbelle fix
Old 08-17-2013, 06:28 PM
Part-Time Fan

Thanks. Like everywhere else, Ao3 is a mixed bag. Some of the stories are good, most are ok, and some are truly awful. I like the option there to download stories in ePub format onto my tablet to read offline. Very nice to have on hand for boring teleconferenced meetings or massive traffic jams.
Old 08-17-2013, 06:42 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maris (View Post)
Thanks. Like everywhere else, Ao3 is a mixed bag. Some of the stories are good, most are ok, and some are truly awful. I like the option there to download stories in ePub format onto my tablet to read offline. Very nice to have on hand for boring teleconferenced meetings or massive traffic jams.
ooh I didnt realize that. I get bored at work so much. Now I'll have something to download to read.. thanks for mentioning that.
Old 08-18-2013, 03:54 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Star Trek
Robert Carlyle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maris (View Post)
I signed up without an invite and got a confirmation email within minutes. The registration page says something about a waiting list and needing approval but, apparently, the waiting list has about zero names on it.The site has been in beta for ages so I don't think that means much any more.
welcome to the thread Maris

I read all my AO3 online..I might try to d/l to my tablet one day,,
Old 08-18-2013, 04:45 AM
Master Fan

Happy Sunday everyone.. what's on your schedule for today?

I'm thinking of going to Best Buy and get the Bluray of S2.

I'm finding when I get my info straight from the source , ie: Jane, the actors, Adam and Eddy it leaves less room for misinterpretation.