Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 01-15-2018, 04:26 PM
Master Fan

Well I LOVED 6B, so I can’t say that S7 has been better. I will always be annoyed that she didn’t have more to do in that arc and that she didn’t get to share a real scene with Gideon, but Belle did grow and learn from mistakes she’d made...and she was a rock for Rumple. I thought 6B was a great arc for her in general (and obviously Rumbelle and Rumple)..

I do think S7 is wonderful for Belle because we’re seeing open acknowledgment as to how important she was - that is, the show is making that very clear. In other seasons, she was diminished by non-Rumple people through their ignoring her and all she’d done for people.

Last edited by Betsybelle; 01-15-2018 at 04:33 PM
Old 01-15-2018, 04:29 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Betsybelle (View Post)
Well I LOVED 6B, so I can’t say that S7 has been better. I will always be annoyed that she didn’t have more to do in that arc and that she didn’t get to share a real scene with Gideon, but Belle did grow and learn from mistakes she’d made...and she was a rock for Rumple. I thought 6B was a great arc for her in general (and obviously Rumbelle and Rumple)
It wasn't one of my favorite arcs. I will always wish she had been given a lot more focus as Gideon's mother and more Rumbelle scenes in general. I did like what we had but there's just so much more they could have done with it.

But in any event, I do love that Belle is his motivation and that we were given such a beautiful marriage between them. ❤️
Old 01-16-2018, 01:38 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Star Trek
Robert Carlyle

I liked 6B and really liked their scenes and them getting back together slowly , but wish we had more Belle/Gideon scenes..
Old 01-16-2018, 02:06 PM
Elite Fan

Me too. And more Gold family in general. To be fair though, Bobby was promoting T2 in Scotland last January, hence his (and thus Emilie's) absence from episodes 14 and 15. It was still much better than 6A, S5 or S4. IMO of course.

icon by me
Old 01-16-2018, 02:08 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Star Trek
Robert Carlyle

I still can't get my head around 6A
Old 01-16-2018, 02:11 PM
Elite Fan

Let's not talk about it

icon by me
Old 01-16-2018, 04:13 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazy_diamond (View Post)
I liked 6B and really liked their scenes and them getting back together slowly , but wish we had more Belle/Gideon scenes..
Here's a segment from my summary of Giles' Meet and Greet in Paris; you can see he didn't pull any punches.

Quote:
I thanked him for being the Rumbelle child that we always wanted and for truly being their son and not just some generic son. I expressed that I wished he’d had more scenes with Emilie, that Belle and Gideon didn’t share many scenes together, and he agreed. More than that, he expounded on that :

Giles felt that Gideon was in many ways Belle’s son and he tried to show that. He came right out and said that he felt the show missed a real opportunity with Belle and adult Gideon. I’m so glad that he felt like we all did.
Personally, I thought 6B was one of the very best Rumbelle arcs, and very good for both of them as individuals - but that doesn't mean that there weren't flaws.....and Belle not having more screen time/scenes with Gideon was IT.

It's hard to believe, but 6A started out really well - Rumbelle's story was strong through the first few episodes, and we had that lullaby scene as well. I GET what Adam and Eddy were doing - truly bringing Rumple to his knees, to the very precipice of losing himself forever, but that doesn't mean it was fun to watch. I hated seeing them be so cruel to each other, and the less said about GQ the better (which was beyond unnecessary)
Old 01-17-2018, 12:14 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seamstress90 (View Post)
Let's not talk about it
I second that.

I prefer to pretend it never happened. But I do love how the actors hated it so much too.
Old 01-17-2018, 01:57 PM
Elite Fan

Me too To be honest, I didn't even watch most of 6A. The gifs were enough..

icon by me
Old 01-18-2018, 04:24 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Star Trek
Robert Carlyle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seamstress90 (View Post)
Let's not talk about it
Agreed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belleislove (View Post)

I prefer to pretend it never happened. But I do love how the actors hated it so much too.
Me too
Old 01-18-2018, 06:37 AM
Master Fan

I don't think the actors ever said they hated the arc, though..... Bobby and Em clearly hated GQ, but that's not the same thing. Bobby did say that he thought Rumple had pretty much gone "**** crazy", but again.. not the same thing. Of course, I loved when he said at his meet and greet that Rumple should have apologized to Belle for the GQ thing instead of saying "it's no big deal" (god, I hated that).
Old 01-18-2018, 07:10 AM
Master Fan

I got the impression they "hated" it. The whole thing was just a big WTH story. But it's over so I'm not going to dwell on it. I loved how Emilie retweeted this story that one of the outlets did about how ridiculous it was.

I think they both just care so much about these characters and the fans. And they know when something was incredibly OOC and just out of left field and made no sense. We're lucky to have them.
Old 01-18-2018, 09:44 AM
Loyal Fan

X
Old 01-18-2018, 12:14 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belleislove (View Post)
I got the impression they "hated" it. The whole thing was just a big WTH story. But it's over so I'm not going to dwell on it. I loved how Emilie retweeted this story that one of the outlets did about how ridiculous it was.

I think they both just care so much about these characters and the fans. And they know when something was incredibly OOC and just out of left field and made no sense. We're lucky to have them.
Ok, different strokes for different folks. I don’t know what tweet you’re referring to...
Old 01-18-2018, 12:31 PM
Master Fan

Back in 6a there was an article talking about Beauty and the Beast the movie, I believe, and saying pretty much, what has Once done to their version of Beauty and the Beast. It was pretty critical of them. Emilie retweeted it, which I thought was pretty telling.