Old 11-22-2014, 07:13 AM
Absolute Fan

JessiLovesTV
Old 11-22-2014, 06:02 PM
Extreme Fan

That is a gorgeous gif set!
Old 11-23-2014, 06:34 AM
Absolute Fan

I like this scene so much and Roland with his toy monkey is sooo cute. I miss scenes with Regina and Roland. I hope there will be more soon.
Old 11-23-2014, 08:08 AM
Absolute Fan

I have to say I quite miss the little one in general. Bit disappointed that he has mostly disappeared from the canvas so far this season, but then again it ties in with the "Marian is back for 2 days and then gets turned into a popsicle" subplot not getting much attention in general. I expected more, though, especially since I seem to remember that Adam promised some insight into how Roland is dealing with all of this on Twitter before the season began. Anyone else remember that?
Rina ↳ [Tumblr || Art || Icons]
alycia debnam-carey & eliza taylor |
Old 11-23-2014, 08:14 AM
Master Fan

I remember that. I think we were also told "there is a story to be told" about what happened to Marian on the original timeline that we have also not seen. I don't know if these are things that will be explored in 4b or they have just been forgotten.

Hopefully we'll see more of Roland soon. Henry hasn't been on as much as usual this year either.
Old 11-23-2014, 08:24 AM
Absolute Fan

Oh gosh, yes, I was absolutely convinced we'd get a flashback involving Marian and the Evil Queen and what really happened there in the past, before Emma and Hook altered the timeline, early on in season 4 after their comments about that. I'm forever trying to stay optimistic and therefore I'll continue to keep fingers and toes crossed for more insight, more in-depth exploration of this particular story in 4B and once Frozen is over and done with, but with OUAT you just never know. Adam and Eddy have promised things that ultimately didn't make it into the episodes for various reasons before. *sigh*

The lack of Henry screentime is definitely very noticable this season and a tad weird, considering that he actually has a pretty relevant story with Operation Mongoose and his new job at Gold's. From how they hyped the latter aspect at Comic Con this year I totally expected to see a lot more of that.
Old 11-23-2014, 11:10 AM
Extreme Fan

Frivolous Whim
Old 11-23-2014, 11:34 AM
Elite Fan

Love that holiday family fan art!
Old 11-23-2014, 01:14 PM
Extreme Fan

It's sweet and it looks so real. The artist who made this is very talented.
Old 11-23-2014, 05:52 PM
Extreme Fan

That is such a beautiful piece of art! Thanks for posting. It makes me feel very festive for the holiday.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koda (View Post)
I have to say I quite miss the little one in general. Bit disappointed that he has mostly disappeared from the canvas so far this season <snip>
I miss him too, Rina!

Quote:
I seem to remember that Adam promised some insight into how Roland is dealing with all of this on Twitter before the season began. Anyone else remember that?
Quote:
Originally Posted by sherry02 (View Post)
I remember that. I think we were also told "there is a story to be told" about what happened to Marian on the original timeline that we have also not seen.
I remember these promises as well. Maybe his "Regina let me?" was supposed to be Roland dealing with it? I would not be surprised with the way they zoomed through all the first issues with Marian returning with a line or two, and some things never even addressed.
Old 11-23-2014, 06:19 PM
Obsessed Fan

I guess it's always more important for a viewer to see how a Queen from another land becomes the Savior's personal cheerleader instead of how a 4-year-old that grew up believing his mother to be dead deals with the fact that she is back in his life at the time when he had just begun to adjust to another woman that cared for him only to lose his mother again to ice curses... Well done A&E, story was definitely told there...

Yup, I miss Roland! He's the bright spot of a show filled with angst! He and his dimples and his cute smile while saying "Thank you!"

"I think you've just been hired as one of the writers of OUAT" - Lana Parrilla, Fairytales II Con, Paris, 22/6/2014
Old 11-24-2014, 12:47 PM
Absolute Fan

The xmas art is amazing! If only we could see something like it on the series one day.
I agree with you that miss Roland. I miss his dimples and his smile and cuteness too.
Old 11-25-2014, 04:32 AM
Extreme Fan

onceuponmakeup
Old 11-25-2014, 07:39 AM
Absolute Fan

I love all the Christmas family arts!
Old 11-25-2014, 08:22 AM
Absolute Fan

^ I dig them too. Makes up at least a bit for the lack of Roland/family scenes on the actual show so far this season. Probably won't take much longer for the XMas fics to start popping up too and I'm more than ready to get in the OUAT holiday spirit.