Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 10-28-2014, 05:42 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neverlight (View Post)
Yes. This is well said.
Sometimes Regina is like a little girl still because she has no experience with people being good to her and being caring in her life and she has had very little friends.
On a lot of levels I, other than as Henry's mother, I don't think Regina has ever been more than a 19 year old.
Old 10-28-2014, 07:45 AM
New Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by phoenix_shine (View Post)
^I totally agree with this. And while most of us, like Regina, may think that her happy ending is with Robin, I think that in the end of her quest to find the book's author she will realize that her happiness lies with her. With her accepting herself as a good person now and letting go of her past, of her evil deeds and the harm she may have caused, the same way others around her have done. Snow has forgiven her, Emma wants her to be her friend, Henry sees her as nothing less than a hero and Robin, knowing that she had his wife imprisoned, never for one second thought of her as a monster. Ultimately Regina will have to realize that if she wants to be happy she is going to have to stop seeing herself as a villain and start seeing herself as the woman she is. Not the evil queen, but Regina! That girl whose only dream was true love. Then and only then she will be ready to fully commit to the ones she loves without holding back, like Snow said!
Well said!!
Old 10-28-2014, 08:37 AM
Obsessed Fan

Thank you guys!! From my part, I do believe that Regina will find the happiness she seeks at Robin's side, but knowing her and all she's been through, I know that as long as she doesn't think herself worthy of it, she won't be able to accept it. And I also think (and this is coming from a hardcore OQ fan) that Robin will only be part of this happiness, as he is going to give her the love she wants along with Henry, the son she has fought body and soul for, with Snow, even with Emma and David! Regina needs to have the family she never had, that's what will make her happy! What could be more beautiful than having all these people around her, accepting her for who she is now and being at her side?

"I think you've just been hired as one of the writers of OUAT" - Lana Parrilla, Fairytales II Con, Paris, 22/6/2014
Old 10-28-2014, 08:43 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by freifraufischer (View Post)
On a lot of levels I, other than as Henry's mother, I don't think Regina has ever been more than a 19 year old.

I don't agree. If you're going to compare Regina to a 19 year old, you might as well do the same with the others. Because I see a good deal of immaturity in the other characters. Only their immaturity comes out in different ways. The average adult manages to retain a good deal of their childish habits, even beyond childhood.
"The term 'Black Magic' was originally a reference to the type of 'magic' (spiritual beliefs) done by people who were black and because of the racism of the time - 'Black=Bad'; we find the current idea of black magic meaning magic that is either bad, evil, or lesser." That is just wrong on so many levels.
Old 10-28-2014, 09:38 AM
Extreme Fan

let it go ☩
Old 10-28-2014, 12:17 PM
Fan Forum Hero

That picture is adorable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hookified (View Post)
I totally agree with you Phoenix. I still think that it will take Regina a while to get there because she was surround with horrible people all her life. Even if she had not got the genie to kill Leopold then she will still be miserable because even though Snow knew, Snow would have been like papa Henry all over again. Knowing how unhappy Regina is but not able to stop it.
Yes.

And this is why I disagree with the viewpoints that claim Regina is merely suffering from some "Poor Me" complex. I think that is both unfair and inaccurate. To me, that is the equivalent of saying Regina made up all her bad experiences in her head and has no right to place accountability on others around her who wronged her and those who contributed to molding her. So, this would mean she is not allowed to place accountability with those who have it? She has to direct all blame back on her own person to prove real change? She also has to suck it up, play miss perfect, and take the heat when her reactions are justifiable or human to also prove change? No.

We know she is ultimately both responsible and accountable to the hands on hurt and the pain she inflicted on innocent people in the name of her revenge against Snow White. However, her experiences and feelings that are legitimate still need to be validated while she explores her redemption and sorts through healthy and safe ways to cope. She has to learn to forgive herself for the wrongs she can not take back nor can she fix. Others may forgive her or they may not. That is on them. It is also important for her to learn to forgive those who hurt her too because that is vital. Otherwise, the anger and hate festers and then continues to consume.

I am also aware that it has been pointed out before that the traditional hero or heroine characters have all had negative experiences too. True. But there are degrees of intensity and for most of them I find that external factors came at them from the outside rather than from the inside.

I always saw Regina as one of the lost souls in the EF, who was very much a victim to her circumstances first and foremost. Sure, she had choices, but out of the ones available to her, they seemed lousy and ready to weild some consequence regardless. She seemed very trapped by these external factors that were out of her control yet so close to home from the inside: A controlling and dominating mother who used magical abuse to mold Regina, an enabling father who stood by on the sidelines, she became subject to an un-fullfilled contract between Cora and Rumple made so long ago before her birth, the murder of her TL was out of her hands. She was also coerced into a loveless marriage and resented by a kingdom for taking the place of Queen Eva. All of this lead to her miserable existence long before she became the EQ. It all made her more vulnerable and susceptible to a darker path. This is why I do not think we can compare bad apple experiences most hero characters encounter with bad orange experiences that many villain characters fall prey to and which helps to light the match for the villainous tendencies. That is a reality that needs to be acknowledged and validated by heroes and villains a like so there can be adequate change.

Brenda❤Dylan Fan ~ You’ll look back years from now, and I’ll just be another girl you knew in high school. DYLAN: No you won’t. No you won’t, Bren. Not after everything.

Last edited by GrhmLz; 10-28-2014 at 12:35 PM
Old 10-28-2014, 03:38 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Thanks for the add!
Old 10-28-2014, 04:06 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrhmLz (View Post)
This is why I do not think we can compare bad apple experiences most hero characters encounter with bad orange experiences that many villain characters fall prey to and which helps to light the match for the villainous tendencies. That is a reality that needs to be acknowledged and validated by heroes and villains a like so there can be adequate change.
I think that's a very good analysis and one I've largely come to myself. I think the closest that any of the heroes comes to is Snow, but Snow had a real support system. We've seen what happened when that support system is undermined, and even when she goes dark in Heart of Darkness and Millers Daughter, she still has people to pull her back from the brink. The only character we've seen who remotely qualified as a support to Regina during the time between Daniel's death and when she was truely Rumple's "monster" was Tinkerbell. And even she was very narrowly focused on her finding romantic love.
Old 10-28-2014, 05:33 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I often feel bad for Regina.
Old 10-28-2014, 05:46 PM
Obsessed Fan

A bit irrelevant, but does anyone know the video this gifset comes from??

"I think you've just been hired as one of the writers of OUAT" - Lana Parrilla, Fairytales II Con, Paris, 22/6/2014
Old 10-28-2014, 11:30 PM
Elite Fan

Might be one of the S1 featurettes on the DVD.
Old 10-28-2014, 11:43 PM
New Fan

I think it was a promo for Disney World or something like that. It's here.
Old 10-29-2014, 12:35 AM
Part-Time Fan

it's behind the scenes footage from the making of a promo for New Fantasy Land at Disney World. She did the entire thing in character (including a hilarious moment with a child in a classic snow white costume).
Old 10-29-2014, 04:46 AM
Obsessed Fan

Thank you guys!!! I knew I remembered it from somewhere, i had watched the entire BTS footage during the summer, but I didn't recall it was from there. She was brilliant as always!

Old 10-29-2014, 09:01 AM
Moderator Support Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by freifraufischer (View Post)
I partly agree. Regina was forced to grow up from a young adult to suddenly being the wife of some old king and having responsibilities of a Queen to fullfill. She never had the chance to actually develop.

of course I also agree that some other characters have their immature moments too. Snow, Emma even charming lol. dont let me get started on hook. he is a big child wiht an alcohol problem

but I can for the most part understand Reginas reactions in the latest episode. I think most of them were normal for her. on top of that Regina is not evne used for people actually TRYIGING more than once to apologize to her.. or even once. Yes I know there was snow but she didnt really know what she was apologizing for at first so for Regina that probably didnt evne count and when she apologized as Mary Margaret without her memories that also didnt really count.

So Regina is not used of people actually caring for her because its been the longest time since someone actually did

does that even make sense? lol sorry long hard workday

Sophie Devereaux is the finest actress you've ever seen, when she's breaking the law.

LEVERAGE campaign