Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 10-26-2014, 04:32 AM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ♕Misha's Minion♕ (View Post)
Can I be added? I love Regina.
Welcome!
I like the relationship that Regina has with Snow and with Charming so much too! I liked that in the missing year they could rule together and it was so beautiful that after they fought each other so long in the flashback in the first and second seasons that they came to this in the third. Regina was so protective of Snow, but she is still Regina and Snow is still Snow. The past is not forgotten, but they came to a better place together in their relationship and it is beautiful.
Old 10-26-2014, 04:38 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neverlight (View Post)
Welcome!
I like the relationship that Regina has with Snow and with Charming so much too! I liked that in the missing year they could rule together and it was so beautiful that after they fought each other so long in the flashback in the first and second seasons that they came to this in the third. Regina was so protective of Snow, but she is still Regina and Snow is still Snow. The past is not forgotten, but they came to a better place together in their relationship and it is beautiful.
I'm really curious about how the re-integration of those memories changed things. Because they have a years worth of memories of Regina as their ... court vizier of sorts... and also the SB time when they had an actual heart to heart (minus one heart).

And frankly I don't think their relationship could ever go truly bad again after the heart splitting scene. The way Regina held her so gently while she took her heart...
Old 10-26-2014, 06:09 AM
Moderator Support Team

welcome to all the new ones. its great to see more people around here

I love good regina, bad regina, sassy regina, evil queen regina, young regina, shy regina, mayor regina and hero regina. I just love them all. and I want her wardrobe

and Happy once day people

Sophie Devereaux is the finest actress you've ever seen, when she's breaking the law.

LEVERAGE campaign

Old 10-26-2014, 06:29 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by freifraufischer (View Post)
And frankly I don't think their relationship could ever go truly bad again after the heart splitting scene. The way Regina held her so gently while she took her heart...
I agree with you. The heart splitting and when Regina protected Snow and her baby in the episode with Cora's ghost their relationship changed for good. For the better.
Old 10-26-2014, 07:08 AM
Absolute Fan

I really enjoyed reading Lana's and Ginnifer Goodwin's thoughts on the Regina and Snow relationship in their recent TVLine interview as well. It seems very true to me that after everything they've been through together since the end of season 2, basically, and especially during the missing year and 3B they've reached a point where their dynamic is shaped by a new sense respect and a certain level of affection for the other, but they also know when they need to step away and put a bit of space between them.

I'm still livid they cut multiple Regina and Snow scenes from the first few episodes. The longish one at Regina's mansion from 4x02 and the conversation about being in love with a married man sound especially important. The latter one better be on the DVD set since they didn't even release it online so far.
Rina ↳ [Tumblr || Art || Icons]
alycia debnam-carey & eliza taylor |
Old 10-26-2014, 07:18 AM
Moderator Support Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zimane (View Post)
I agree with you. The heart splitting and when Regina protected Snow and her baby in the episode with Cora's ghost their relationship changed for good. For the better.
and thatswhy I am so pissed they cut 2 scenes

I thought that maybe they did that on purpose. after the finale and the relationship of snow and regina being changed by the past. but I doubt they would think that far ahead. they just cut it because for them CS and frozen was more important

Sophie Devereaux is the finest actress you've ever seen, when she's breaking the law.

LEVERAGE campaign

Old 10-26-2014, 07:33 AM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms. Evil Regalღ (View Post)
I thought that maybe they did that on purpose. after the finale and the relationship of snow and regina being changed by the past. but I doubt they would think that far ahead. they just cut it because for them CS and frozen was more important
And that's why I'm admittedly also a bit tired of and trying to tune out Adam's attempts at explanations and excuses on Twitter. I'd get it if it happened once or twice, here and there over the course of a whole season. But this has been going on since season 3 when the DVD set relealed Regina/Snow deleted scenes that would have added so much depth to their relationship on the show and just for the last few episodes of season 4 they've apparently cut at least 3 scenes with them while the same stories keep getting tons of screentime. With all due respect to Adam and Eddy, I'm just not willing to believe that they couldn't possibly have cut some of the Frozen and CS material a bit short to fit at least one of those Snow/Regina scenes into an episode. And when the press starts asking questions about material that's been cut from the show this might be a hint that something's not quite working out as they may have wanted it to as well. Blah, just thinking about this makes me cranky.
Old 10-26-2014, 07:36 AM
Obsessed Fan

Yup, you are right Rina! I want to hope that the latest interviews that asked the actresses about the deleted scenes will ring some bells over the editing room and maybe make them realize that the SnowQueen scenes are not ones to be cut! They should actually add more of them than cut the few ones we were supposed to get...

"I think you've just been hired as one of the writers of OUAT" - Lana Parrilla, Fairytales II Con, Paris, 22/6/2014
Old 10-26-2014, 07:40 AM
Moderator Support Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koda (View Post)
And that's why I'm admittedly also a bit tired of and trying to tune out Adam's attempts at explanations and excuses on Twitter. I'd get it if it happened once or twice, here and there over the course of a whole season. But this has been going on since season 3 when the DVD set relealed Regina/Snow deleted scenes that would have added so much depth to their relationship on the show and just for the last few episodes of season 4 they've apparently cut at least 3 scenes with them while the same stories keep getting tons of screentime. With all due respect to Adam and Eddy, I'm just not willing to believe that they couldn't possibly have cut some of the Frozen and CS material a bit short to fit at least one of those Snow/Regina scenes into an episode. And when the press starts asking questions about material that's been cut from the show this might be a hint that something's not quite working out as they may have wanted it to as well. Blah, just thinking about this makes me cranky.
I didnt even read the attempts at an explanation because for me there was none. they could have easily cut several eother scenes or made them shorter. Hell I did not need a whole episode about hooks hand - OR in the last season about the jolly rogger. Regina and Snows relationship is what ultimatively lead us here from season 1. it was always important to see those two working out their differences and it was good to see them putting the past behind them. I of course get that sometimes scenes need to be cut because the episode is just too long. but you dont cut scenes that are imporant for a current storyline in a friendship. you just dont.

LEVERAGE campaign

Old 10-26-2014, 08:06 AM
Absolute Fan

You are all so right and it I do not understand why Adam Horowitz says that most of the scenes they cut will be on the dvd because there are very little deleted scenes on the dvds and they cannot be the most of the scenes they cut from the whole season! I hope so much that the Snow and Regina scenes will be on it, but it will be a long time until the dvd comes out.
Old 10-26-2014, 08:30 AM
Absolute Fan

I believe they generally don't like to put material on the DVDs that is unfinished as far as the special effects go or that's all blue/green screen. I get that, but scenes that have been filmed on location or in a standing studio set shouldn't be that hard to include and I'd always take more deleted scenes over some of the boring featurettes. Alas... fingers crossed they'll at least include the conversation about Robin.
Old 10-26-2014, 08:33 AM
Obsessed Fan

It's one thing to not include unfinished scenes even in the DVDs (although I personally wouldn't do that), but the SQ ones were already edited and ready to air. It was in the final cut that they didn't make it and I can't understand the reasoning behind this choice when there were many more scenes that could have been cut and would not involve something so important as the relationship between Snow and Regina.

"I think you've just been hired as one of the writers of OUAT" - Lana Parrilla, Fairytales II Con, Paris, 22/6/2014
Old 10-26-2014, 08:56 AM
Moderator Support Team

unfortunately we have to wait a long long time to find out if they made it onto the dvd. what i dont get tho is that this time they didnt give us the scene after the episode aired like the last time. was it that the last time they noticed that the scene was actually important for the relationship and think that this time its not? or are they just randomly torturing as as they please?

LEVERAGE campaign

Old 10-26-2014, 09:19 AM
Part-Time Fan

I'm pretty sure that Adam has said on Twitter that the deleted scene they released is canon, so i"m not actually worried that they are back tracking on the relationship. I did tweet at him about being sad they cut the Regina/Snow scenes and asking for more. Rational feedback never hurts even if it doesn't always help.
Old 10-26-2014, 10:03 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms. Evil Regalღ (View Post)
I didnt even read the attempts at an explanation because for me there was none. they could have easily cut several eother scenes or made them shorter. Hell I did not need a whole episode about hooks hand - OR in the last season about the jolly rogger. Regina and Snows relationship is what ultimatively lead us here from season 1. it was always important to see those two working out their differences and it was good to see them putting the past behind them. I of course get that sometimes scenes need to be cut because the episode is just too long. but you dont cut scenes that are imporant for a current storyline in a friendship. you just dont.
Regina and Snow should be a priority, certainly more important than Frozen and CS. I understand that they have to develop other relationships as well, but when they cut all Snow/Regina scenes, meaning it looks like they don't even interact, that's a problem. I just hope that we will get more of Snow and Regina in the future, because their relationship is so complex and interesting and it would be such a shame if it kept being cut for the sake of guest characters and CS.

Icon by Koda