Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 03-20-2013, 02:48 AM
Total Fan

Thanks for the new thread guys. Love the title.

FI - 20/06/2014 the date I met Jared, Lana, Sean, Bex, Robbie and Emilie! Best weekend ever.
Old 03-20-2013, 03:21 AM
Loyal Fan

The rest of the gifset SoBeyondRepair

This scene was so disturbing but I loved it! In a way, this was Regina's mental breakdown. The way she says "Thank you, mommy" - she sounds and looks almost deranged. Where is Archie when you need him?
Old 03-20-2013, 07:14 AM
Addicted Fan

Love the gifset. Thanks for posting it! ITA. This scene really disturbed me as well. I was like, "Oh, crap." She sort of scared me, too, when she said it and in the way she said it.

~*~Mima~*~ Icon made by me. I'm Located At:
DeviantART FanFiction.Net LiveJournal Tumblr
Old 03-20-2013, 08:09 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vera-Sabe (View Post)
Love the gifset. Thanks for posting it! ITA. This scene really disturbed me as well. I was like, "Oh, crap." She sort of scared me, too, when she said it and in the way she said it.
Ikr! I was thinking "she's going insane, why can't anybody see that and help her?". Her constant isolation and lack of any support is getting ridiculous at this point.

I love the EQ scene of the moment in op! Her execution speech is my favourite EQ scene. I was so glad to see it won that "Ultimate OUAT moment" poll.
Old 03-20-2013, 12:16 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbshmdfb (View Post)
And I would consider Queen of hearts about bit about Regina too at least the flashbacks, multi centric.

I feel Lana is lucky to have so many episodes to show her range. No matter if we agree with the writing or not, at least she gets a good amount of work. I am happy for her but at the same time it just shows me again how disjointed the whole season planning is. Rumple aside, the others had like one episode centric on them or so. Like Red has 2.07, Belle had 2.11. Snowing had 2.03 with 2.13 being a James episode and 2.15 being a young Snow episode, Emma had 2.06 as completely hers. Don't get me wrong Lana and Robert are great actors and deserve it but at the same time it makes the whole thing so unbalance. I just miss the balance of s1. Hope it gets better in s3. Maybe it's why the ''villains'' are more popular than the ''heroes'' more time spent exploring their core. Sorry for the mini rant.
I understand missing S1 dynamics, i miss it as well but i disagree about the villains v heroes thing. I don't think it's a question of episode screen time, it's a question of good stories. I give you the example of Emma being the character that as suffered the most (along side Regina IMO) from the lack of character driven stories and more plot driven stories. S1 worked because all stories where connected in the same town with the same core unit, when you spend 9 episodes with Emma/Snow running around FTL away from all the other core characters and then when they get back Emma at least barely stays in SB moving onto NYC yeah the show looses appeal.

I'm hoping for S3 for the return of "living" in SB and having at least the return of the Mayor and the Sheriff. I miss the days when people actually had LIVES and JOBS and did normal mundane stuff.
Rupert hardly speaks. You're lucky to get anything out of him these days, he just has a wicked sense of humor and he's very eccentric and very unique in the way that he does things. He's like a big kid. I feel like he'll never grow up, which I love.
Old 03-20-2013, 12:35 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandrinha (View Post)
I understand missing S1 dynamics, i miss it as well but i disagree about the villains v heroes thing. I don't think it's a question of episode screen time, it's a question of good stories. I give you the example of Emma being the character that as suffered the most (along side Regina IMO) from the lack of character driven stories and more plot driven stories. S1 worked because all stories where connected in the same town with the same core unit, when you spend 9 episodes with Emma/Snow running around FTL away from all the other core characters and then when they get back Emma at least barely stays in SB moving onto NYC yeah the show looses appeal.

I'm hoping for S3 for the return of "living" in SB and having at least the return of the Mayor and the Sheriff. I miss the days when people actually had LIVES and JOBS and did normal mundane stuff.
I agree with that but I also think it has to do with backstory as well. Like we are getting layers and layers as to why Rumple and Regina are the way they are. Emma, while she is onscreen is barely being developped. The last time she had an alone scene with her dad was in s1 when the Kathryn disappearence stuff was happening and since then either Snow, Henry, Neal or Gold is in the scene. For someone who has been wondering about her dad her whole life and for a guy whose dream per Lady of the lake episode was to have a wife and kid, he barely is seen spending time to get to know her. The way I see it right now is Regina and Rumple are on the front of the focus line while Snow is now starting to get layers, Charming is the getting knocked out guy of the week, Emma is the shadow of who she was in s1, Henry is acting like an ungrateful brat with the dumbest of lines, Red is the babysitter or the tracking dog, Belle is barely on, etc. Maybe I am the only one seeing it that way but I just think it's sad that they can't find good story to tell with the ''heroes''.
Old 03-20-2013, 12:40 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
I agree with that but I also think it has to do with backstory as well. Like we are getting layers and layers as to why Rumple and Regina are the way they are. Emma, while she is onscreen is barely being developped. The last time she had an alone scene with her dad was in s1 when the Kathryn disappearence stuff was happening and since then either Snow, Henry, Neal or Gold is in the scene. For someone who has been wondering about her dad her whole life and for a guy whose dream per Lady of the lake episode was to have a wife and kid, he barely is seen spending time to get to know her. The way I see it right now is Regina and Rumple are on the front of the focus line while Snow is now starting to get layers, Charming is the getting knocked out guy of the week, Emma is the shadow of who she was in s1, Henry is acting like an ungrateful brat with the dumbest of lines, Red is the babysitter or the tracking dog, Belle is barely on, etc. Maybe I am the only one seeing it that way but I just think it's sad that they can't find good story to tell with the ''heroes''.
I would gladly trade some of Regina's layers (which i call punches to the face most times) for some conflict scenes between the heroes. Some people may be envious of the attention given to Regina's story but her story is all about pain and misery so it's not exactly something to look forward to having the heroes have it .

Besides if heroes don't make bad decisions (Snow/Cora) then they get boring after a while .
Rupert hardly speaks. You're lucky to get anything out of him these days, he just has a wicked sense of humor and he's very eccentric and very unique in the way that he does things. He's like a big kid. I feel like he'll never grow up, which I love.
Old 03-20-2013, 12:44 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandrinha (View Post)
I would gladly trade some of Regina's layers (which i call punches to the face most times) for some conflict scenes between the heroes. Some people may be envious of the attention given to Regina's story but her story is all about pain and misery so it's not exactly something to look forward to having the heroes have it .

Besides if heroes don't make bad decisions (Snow/Cora) then they get boring after a while .
They may be punches in the face but they make us care even more for her. When was the last time Charming got a layer . The guy just get literal punches And yeah I agree about Snow-Cora but at the same time what does it say about their writing if they have have their ''heroes'' do evil acts to be interesting.

I am looking forward to seeing where they are going to go with the Regina-Owen/Greg angle this season. Can't wait till she finds out who he is.
Old 03-20-2013, 12:45 PM
Master Fan

It does seem that some of the characters have been type cast.

Seriously, how many lines not dog related has Ruby gotten this season?

How does Charming get knocked out all the time without getting some sort of brain damage?

Henry steals explosives and trys to blow up magic before jumping infront of a gun his 'grandfather' was pointing, how is he not grounded FOREVER?

Honestly, Lana/Regina is starting to be the only reason why I'm still watching.

): )
Old 03-20-2013, 12:50 PM
Loyal Fan

I couldn't agree more with all of you. Regina and Rumple are well developed, complex and interesting and the heroes are becoming more and more bland and annoying. I love all of Regina-centric eps that give even more layers to her because she is by far my favourite character, but they can't just forget about the other characters. Snow is getting an interesting storyline now, but I can't believe what they did to Emma. She is supposed to be the hero of the show, she was independant, strong female character last season. Now she's always in the background and she is written so inconsistently that I don't even try to understand her actions anymore.
Charming is useless and Ruby has no storyline and is barely on the show.
Old 03-20-2013, 12:52 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
When was the last time Charming got a layer.
I would answer that question but i would end up sounding mean so i won't go there .

She even looks adorable doing magic .
Old 03-20-2013, 12:54 PM
Master Fan

you can always pm it to me
Old 03-20-2013, 12:59 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
you can always pm it to me
Nah somethings are better left inside my head . It's safer that way .

If one Regina wasn't enough, we even have THREE Regina's in scenes now !

argo **** yourself
Old 03-20-2013, 01:03 PM
Master Fan

Shes doing wax on, wax off, with her magical hand gestures? I wonder if anyone pointed that out while shooting?

): )
Old 03-20-2013, 01:11 PM
Loyal Fan

How do you think Regina's storyline will progress? Will she stay "evil" for some time or will she start a real redemption soon (possibly because of her confrontation with Greg). I think she can't stay unhinged EQ in SB for very much longer or else the audience will start wondering why isn't she in a padded cell already. Rumple is a different story, he is a great manipulator, nobody really knows what he's doing and he can remain exactly as he is for many seasons. But for Regina, something will have to change.

Last edited by PianoForte; 03-20-2013 at 01:26 PM