Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 02-19-2013, 08:48 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiorjiina (View Post)
And when the seer said that the boy would be his undoing, she was talking to Rumple as the Dark One, so I would bet it's more likely about the breaking the Dark One curse, than anything else.
Yeah, that's what my theory is about. Rumple's turn is the end of this cycle. He'll eventually relinquish his magic for Henry and one day step into the afterlife like every mortal creature. He wouldn't be happy if he still breathes a hundred years later when the Charmings and Bae/Neal are all six feet under.

Last edited by I_Love_Siobhan_Magnus; 02-19-2013 at 08:54 AM
Old 02-19-2013, 10:25 AM
Supreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazy_diamond (View Post)
He looked damn fine in his soldier's uniform
So true.
All you'll have is an empty heart and a chipped cup
She's gone forever. She's never coming back. And it's your fault
Old 02-19-2013, 11:41 AM
Part-Time Fan

I loved how seeing Neal come through the door physically staggered him. He didn't have that reaction with August, and now I think that subconsciously Rumpel knew he wasn't his son. Seeing Neal literally took the breath out of him.
Old 02-19-2013, 11:56 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiorjiina (View Post)
TFTNT!

The only thing is, he actually changed the seer's prophecy. She said he would be judged by his actions on the battlefield the next day, when actually it was for his actions in the camp that night. Not the same thing.

And when the seer said that the boy would be his undoing, she was talking to Rumple as the Dark One, so I would bet it's more likely about the breaking the Dark One curse, than anything else.
Honestly, I really disregard prophesies because these seers, etc... only predict gloom and doom, never happiness.

The future is unwritten and people have free will. If I were Gold or anyone else, I would not want to know what might happen - I want to control my destiny. Every action that we take has a ripple effect; just do good things and good things generally will happen.

Down with seers, down with prophets, down with psychics. Up with free will and up with taking control of your life and making of it what you want it to be

Quote:
I loved how seeing Neal come through the door physically staggered him. He didn't have that reaction with August, and now I think that subconsciously Rumpel knew he wasn't his son. Seeing Neal literally took the breath out of him
He does this with Belle as well; there are a LOT of similarities in his behavior with Bae and Belle - because his love for them is overwhelming. He staggered in the chipped cup hospital scene when Belle smashed the cup - it was like a punch in the gut. He tried to use magic to fix Belle and Bae - simply because he was desperate, so very desperate, and he didn't know what else to do. Yes, in this scene, he almost looked like his head was swimming - again, like when he saw Belle in the shop in the S1 finale.
Old 02-19-2013, 12:32 PM
Passionate Fan

I thought he was brave for doing that! I couldn't, I think when Adam and Eddie are saying that we will see how much Gold loves, this is part of what they meant. He gave up being considered brave for his son. How many soldiers, if they knew they would die on the battlefield would actually fight. I think bravery comes in all forms. I have great respect for our military men and women, and deserters can cause problems by lessening the size of an army, and of course it seems unfair to other soldiers who do their duty, but I also wonder if they knew for certain they were going to die, would they fight? Who knows? Rum and the other men were in an impossible war, and he made the brave decision to hobble himself in order to be there for his son, and Milha can go jump into a toxic dump, especially if she thinks cowards like Hook are brave!

Also, I too was comparing Rum to Oedipus and his father, who in an attempt to escape their fate, actually brought it about due to misinformation. Prophecies are often incomplete, and vague. Seers have to fight their way through a number of pictures, and put together the threads in order to make a prophecy, but I agree with Betsy when she says down with prophecies, with the exception of the early Judaistic prophets, who procalimed good news, not doom and gloom. I do think we are better off not knowing our future, because we might bring it about anyway because of lack of information. I also agree that the future is in constant flux, look at Back to the Future movies, or read A Christmas Carol, and they tell you the exact same thing. We make our own destiny by each and every decision we make.
Old 02-19-2013, 12:42 PM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by TootlesFTW (View Post)
I loved how seeing Neal come through the door physically staggered him. He didn't have that reaction with August, and now I think that subconsciously Rumpel knew he wasn't his son. Seeing Neal literally took the breath out of him.
I noticed that too.
"Love makes us sick. Haunts our dreams. Destroys our days"
Old 02-19-2013, 01:25 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Star Trek
Robert Carlyle

TBH you could take the seer's comments a numbers of ways, lots of theories ...

Quote:
It did indeed...28 years rushing back as he saw him..
Old 02-19-2013, 01:51 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
I loved that because Rumpel knew the moment we walked in he was Baelfire and there was no doubt.
Old 02-19-2013, 04:09 PM
Master Fan

I just think predicting the future is poppycock, lol........but then I don't believe in astrology, psychics or any of that mumbo jumbo

I think all we can do is make the best decisions we can at the time and then hope for the best.
Old 02-19-2013, 04:42 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Betsybelle (View Post)
I just think predicting the future is poppycock, lol........but then I don't believe in astrology, psychics or any of that mumbo jumbo

I think all we can do is make the best decisions we can at the time and then hope for the best.
Rumple tried to make the best decision he keeps trying to make them.. But his whole life seems to be a wrong turn.. with the exception of Belle.. But even that has been a struggle for him..
Old 02-19-2013, 04:45 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhonwen (View Post)
Rumple tried to make the best decision he keeps trying to make them.. But his whole life seems to be a wrong turn.. with the exception of Belle.. But even that has been a struggle for him..
He is a tragic figure, but he's happy with Belle - that's a huge thing. He's found the love of a billion lifetimes, a woman he loves more than life itself and who loves him. That's incredibly special.

He just has to keep making right decisions and things will work out; I believe this season is a huge one for him, where obviously he's changed and we're seeing so many different sides to him; so are other characters. We're meant to feel sorry for him...... and I love that, as opposed to Regina, who I NEVER felt sorry for during her redemptiono arc
Old 02-19-2013, 06:18 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
He is a tragic figure, but he's happy with Belle - that's a huge thing. He's found the love of a billion lifetimes, a woman he loves more than life itself and who loves him. That's incredibly special.

He just has to keep making right decisions and things will work out; I believe this season is a huge one for him, where obviously he's changed and we're seeing so many different sides to him; so are other characters. We're meant to feel sorry for him...... and I love that, as opposed to Regina, who I NEVER felt sorry for during her redemptiono arc
I agree..
Old 02-19-2013, 06:48 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhonwen (View Post)
I agree..
Regina went around proclaiming "I've changed" to everyone who would listen and even threatened Archie, saying "It's a good thing I've changed", lol. Huh?

Gold's "I've changed" was a simple statement of fact, a plea to his son for forgiveness and understanding.

I really, really want Neal/Bae and Belle to become good friends. Belle could help fill in the gaps somewhat, show him what she saw in his father even when he was the DO. I think Neal must necessarily be searching for some kind of understanding about why his papa did what he did. He's not a 14 year old anymore, he's an adult and perhaps this maturity can help him come to grips with what he couldn't so many years ago. As a kid, all Bae saw was that his father chose power over him, but it's not nearly as simple as that. Kids see things in black and white, but the adult word is usually gray. Belle can help Neal see what he couldn't see before.
Old 02-19-2013, 06:54 PM
Master Fan

Quote:

I kinda see Rumple as the main male character it was meant to be Charming in the beginnning but Rumple took over and is everywhere; everything revolves around him, that's why the audience are meant to root for him and see the good in him despite everything he's done in the past.

"Hey."
"Hey yourself....".
Leticia||icon by me||(x)||(ღ)
Old 02-19-2013, 06:59 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucas4Brooke (View Post)
I kinda see Rumple as the main male character it was meant to be Charming in the beginnning but Rumple took over and is everywhere; everything revolves around him, that's why the audience are meant to root for him and see the good in him despite everything he's done in the past.
IMO, Gold is the prime mover and he is the central character. I generally like Charming, but he's not THAT interesting.......but of course, that's the problem with Prince Charmings down through the ages.

Goldstiltskin, with his tortured soul and intense capacity to love, is just an amazing character and I adore him. The idea of him suffering, the idea of him in any pain, hurts me.