Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Bridgerton
Heartstopper

Old 12-02-2013, 12:33 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Hart of Dixie

Agree about making the RJ into a writing place for Joel.

Like the gifs.
Old 12-02-2013, 12:37 PM
Ultimate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by lemers718 (View Post)
First of all I did not ask you the question but since you seem the need to answer for the poster I will respond. I am not the only poster in here that has complain about the lack of anything from Zoe. I could dig up many.

Care to provide exampleof her devoted love?

I have already answered that question to you on the spoiler thread. If the writer choose to go that route and Zoe was still the character she is now and WV had spark and she treated Wade the way someone in love should treat someone I very well may. IMO at this point in time Zoe does not deserve Wade. If she changes then my opinion will change. I am going by how the story is now unfolding at this time and place on my TV screen every Monday not by some story I made up in my mind.

I have never had a high opinion of Zoe and never hid that fact. I don't trash her character all over the place calling her gross and claiming she is nothing more than a sex organ and other really insulting vulgar things and come in here and claim she is the best thing since Apple Pie. I am true to my opinion of her.
I certainly would like more from Zoe also. That isn't a secret. However HoD is a kind of show that forces you to interprete thoughts and feelings since they are rarely said out loud and even when they are, the context and tone can be interpreted differently. So while some interprete Zoe's insults as being plain rude, others interprete them differently (scared of Joel finding out about ZW, not having properly dealt with the cheating still, needing to portray Wade as someone he's not to keep from dealing with the past etc). I'm not making up a story in my mind, I'm just nottaking what is presented to me at face value.

While Zoe was far from the perfect girlfriend, there was moments where you could see the affection she had for Wade. We all want to forget about the sign, but it would have been a great moment had it not been for what happened next. She spent a week in bed after the broke up. That tells me that it was serious between them. She continued to be affected by it throughout the last part of season 2. She tried to convince herself she was over Wade, but, in the end, had to admit that she still had deep feelings for him. She didn't correct the lady on the plane when she asked if she was still in love with Wade. She just said no. An answer she backtracked on when she told him about her feelings at the fence.
In season 3 she is still affected by what happened otherwise why keep it a secret to her new perfect boyfriend that she wants to create a life with? We saw in the first two episode that she still have feelings for him. Were those feelings still love? Maybe not. Does she love him now (as of 3x08). Again, maybe not, but she didn't correct him on his "you are still in love with me", which I interprete to the fact that her feelings for him is something she doesn't want to deal with. She is happy with Joel so what happened between ZW is something she wants to forget since it brings back the hurt he caused and while she is with Joel and Wade is still right there, she can continue not thinking about it.

That is why Wade moving on is so important and it being Vivian is, for me, irrelevant. As long as it is someone that Zoe considers her equal (i.e. not a bimbo), someone that forces her to deal with the relationship and someone that provides a chance for Wade to be in a adult relationship and continue his growth, then I'm happy.

Last edited by Fogh; 12-02-2013 at 12:43 PM
Old 12-02-2013, 12:47 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Friends

I think we all probably agree that Wade has stronger feelings for Zoe then she does for him, but I have no doubt that Zoe has very strong feelings for him. In fact, that's pretty much what the last 239 threads have been about, the time they spend together, they way they look at each other, their little touches as well as their big moments.

Even the way Zoe's been acting recently fits with what we know about her character with her still having feelings for Wade - is it getting old? Most definitely. But it's still there & it always will be.
Old 12-02-2013, 01:04 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fogh (View Post)
I certainly would like more from Zoe also. That isn't a secret. However HoD is a kind of show that forces you to interprete thoughts and feelings since they are rarely said out loud and even when they are, the context and tone can be interpreted differently. So while some interprete Zoe's insults as being plain rude, others interprete them differently (scared of Joel finding out about ZW, not having properly dealt with the cheating still, needing to portray Wade as someone he's not to keep from dealing with the past etc). I'm not making up a story in my mind, I'm just nottaking what is presented to me at face value.

While Zoe was far from the perfect girlfriend, there was moments where you could see the affection she had for Wade. We all want to forget about the sign, but it would have been a great moment had it not been for what happened next. She spent a week in bed after the broke up. That tells me that it was serious between them. She continued to be affected by it throughout the last part of season 2. She tried to convince herself she was over Wade, but, in the end, had to admit that she still had deep feelings for him. She didn't correct the lady on the plane when she asked if she was still in love with Wade. She just said no. An answer she backtracked on when she told him about her feelings at the fence.
In season 3 she is still affected by what happened otherwise why keep it a secret to her new perfect boyfriend that she wants to create a life with? We saw in the first two episode that she still have feelings for him. Were those feelings still love? Maybe not. Does she love him now (as of 3x08). Again, maybe not, but she didn't correct him on his "you are still in love with me", which I interprete to the fact that her feelings for him is something she doesn't want to deal with. She is happy with Joel so what happened between ZW is something she wants to forget since it brings back the hurt he caused and while she is with Joel and Wade is still right there, she can continue not thinking about it.

That is why Wade moving on is so important and it being Vivian is, for me, irrelevant. As long as it is someone that Zoe considers her equal (i.e. not a bimbo), someone that forces her to deal with the relationship and someone that provides a chance for Wade to be in a adult relationship and continue his growth, then I'm happy.
IA that Zoe had feelings for Wade I just don't agree that is was deep love. Her spending so much time in bed afterwards I took as not only her being hurt by Wade but also someone she trusted betrayed her. I just did not buy into it that was the one she loved dearest betrayed her. I am also having an issue with her holding on to that betrayal as a crutch for her behavior. Don't get me wrong I know being cheated on sucks but there comes a point you need to let it go one way or the other. It has been 8-9 months now. She chose to move on with Joel and that is totally understandable but thinking she is also holding back her feelings for Wade because she was hurt at this point is IMO has reached its limit. Especially when she is in such a serious relationship with Joel. Either she fully commits to him and lets Wade completely go or she lets Joel go because she can not fully commit yet. If she knows how she feels about Wade and just does not want to be with him that is awful for Joel because I can guarentee she is thinking of Wade in bed at night.

Last edited by lemers718; 12-02-2013 at 01:10 PM
Old 12-02-2013, 01:04 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Hart of Dixie

Fogh and Sophie
Old 12-02-2013, 01:11 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Friends

Quote:
IA that Zoe had feelings for Wade I just don't agree that is was deep love. Her spending so much time in bed afterwards I took as not only her being hurt by Wade but also someone she trusted betrayed her. I just did not buy into it that was the one she loved dearest betrayed her. I am also having an issue with her holding on to that betrayal as a crutch for her behavior. Don't get me wrong I know being cheated on sucks but there comes a point you need to let it go one way or the other. It has been 8-9 months now. She chose to move on with Joel and that is totally understandable but thinking she is also holding back her feelings for Wade because she was hurt at this point is IMO has reached its limit. Especially when she is in such a serious relationship with Joel. Either she fully commits to him or she doesn't. If she knows how she feels about Wade and just does not want to be with him that is awful for Joel because I can guarentee she is thinking of Wade in bed at night.
I think the thing about the cheating is that she was angry about it for a little while & then just tried to forget it. This season, I don't think that it has affected the way that she's treated Wade, but I don't think she's aware of that fact. I don't think she knows that she's stilling holding onto it because she hasn't dealt with it yet & it won't go away until she does.

Although, having said that, I really don't think the writers are ever going to deal with it. After the cheating, I wanted tears & yelling & questioning & we didn't get it, even though to me I think that would be a completely normal way to act after being cheated on. & I bet anything that Zoe still has questions, whether the writers will ever actually address them is another issue.
Old 12-02-2013, 01:16 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Hart of Dixie

It annoys me that Zoe will be dealing with cheating in the next episode but with Joel, not Wade.
Old 12-02-2013, 01:16 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by starryeyesxx (View Post)
I think the thing about the cheating is that she was angry about it for a little while & then just tried to forget it. This season, I don't think that it has affected the way that she's treated Wade, but I don't think she's aware of that fact. I don't think she knows that she's stilling holding onto it because she hasn't dealt with it yet & it won't go away until she does.

Although, having said that, I really don't think the writers are ever going to deal with it. After the cheating, I wanted tears & yelling & questioning & we didn't get it, even though to me I think that would be a completely normal way to act after being cheated on. & I bet anything that Zoe still has questions, whether the writers will ever actually address them is another issue.
IA It has become a little late in the game to be bringing it back as some dramatic moment. The timing for that was the end of last season. It would not make much sense at this point for it to be a major focus now. It maybe brought up but I don't think it will be anything major.
Old 12-02-2013, 01:22 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Hart of Dixie

Joel will probably find out about it but that will be it.
Old 12-02-2013, 01:23 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Friends

I think it will be brought up in the next ep, but I think it will be completely anti-climactic & probably won't make much sense & then it will be forgotten forever.

I wouldn't mind cheatgate so much if the writers actually had the nerve to follow through on the storyline & give it the emotion that something like this deserves. But no, just a lazy plot device to break ZW up.
Old 12-02-2013, 01:26 PM
Ultimate Fan

Quote:
IA that Zoe had feelings for Wade I just don't agree that is was deep love. Her spending so much time in bed afterwards I took as not only her being hurt by Wade but also someone she trusted betrayed her. I just did not buy into it that was the one she loved dearest betrayed her. I am also having an issue with her holding on to that betrayal as a crutch for her behavior. Don't get me wrong I know being cheated on sucks but there comes a point you need to let it go one way or the other. It has been 8-9 months now. She chose to move on with Joel and that is totally understandable but thinking she is also holding back her feelings for Wade because she was hurt at this point is IMO has reached its limit. Especially when she is in such a serious relationship with Joel. Either she fully commits to him and lets Wade completely go or she lets Joel go because she can not fully commit yet. If she knows how she feels about Wade and just does not want to be with him that is awful for Joel because I can guarentee she is thinking of Wade in bed at night.
I don't think she is holding back. I think she just avoiding dealing with whatever happened. While she is happy with Joel she can do that. To me that is why she was desperate to have Joel like BB and stay there with her. While I'm sure she loves him in some way and she is happy, it also gives her an excuse to not deal with whatever she feels about Wade. She can handle Wade making those comments about her love for him but as soon as he goes beyond that she can't avoid and has to deal with it. First it was about just being near him again, then it was Lemonade and then he kissed her. All those times she reacted.

I don't think she can let Wade go for the same reason. Because that would mean having to figure out what her feelings are for him. It is easier to not deal with it all and have him at arm length. She isn't very happy about Joel spending time with Wade so she tries her best to keep them apart (incl. insults) because if Joel finds out about ZW's past she will have to not only deal with that past but, worse, talk about it.

Maybe she is affraid that if she is forced to deal with it, she will find out that she still loves the guy that hurt her. Maybe it is the opposite, but whatever the reason she doesn't want to find out.

That is my theory anyway.

Oh, and I do think Wade finds a way into her thoughts at night, but I think she does her best to block them and think of something else.
Old 12-02-2013, 01:31 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Hart of Dixie

She spent her whole life avoiding thinking about everything with her father, she's doing the same thing now with Wade.
Old 12-02-2013, 01:42 PM
Moderator Support Team

Moderator of ...
Rachel Bilson

Quote:
Originally Posted by starryeyesxx (View Post)
I think it will be brought up in the next ep, but I think it will be completely anti-climactic & probably won't make much sense & then it will be forgotten forever.

I wouldn't mind cheatgate so much if the writers actually had the nerve to follow through on the storyline & give it the emotion that something like this deserves. But no, just a lazy plot device to break ZW up.
That is the problem...they never fully had her deal with it....and here they are bringing it up to what tell everyone that she isn't over the cheating? It isn't like it is affecting ZW or helping them get back together, and no way she can really address it with him at this particular point in time either.

It is just to remind us that Wade cheated on her?

This whole season has not had a ton of emotion....it is like they just want everything in a nice little bow and to keep it humorous...yet that doesn't fix the problems, nor make it great writing.

~"She isn't just some girl. Not to me." -Cappie
~"Because for some odd reason, you are the one she is supposed to be with. It's the end of the world Cappie, what are you going to do?" - Ashleigh
Old 12-02-2013, 01:42 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Arrow

Those gifs! .
M♥K Married (9-14-2023) Jin D-49,NJH D-149 OSW D-175, J-Hope D-176, Jinyoung-D-197 JK-D-414

Icon by me. Olicity, BTS, TxT, Enhypen, NJ, &Team, ZB1, CSW D-27 LDH D-385
Closed Thread   Post New Thread