Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 12-02-2013, 01:47 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Friends

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cadenf (View Post)
That is the problem...they never fully had her deal with it....and here they are bringing it up to what tell everyone that she isn't over the cheating? It isn't like it is affecting ZW or helping them get back together, and no way she can really address it with him at this particular point in time either.

It is just to remind us that Wade cheated on her?

This whole season has not had a ton of emotion....it is like they just want everything in a nice little bow and to keep it humorous...yet that doesn't fix the problems, nor make it great writing.
That's very true, has their been any genuine emotion this season? Have there been any scenes that made us really sad or really happy? No, it's been completely flat.

I don't even think we'll get a more significant ZW moment in the next ep other then her being jealous. I don't think any of their interactions will be about the potential cheating at all.
Old 12-02-2013, 01:48 PM
Moderator Support Team

Moderator of ...
Rachel Bilson

I agree...it is like they won't let ZW deal with any of their actual issues (Together not as in a relationship but discuss/fight/etc)

I have a feeling we will never see the emotional stuff we want between them anytime soon, and it sucks.

Although who would she turn to when she thinks Joel is cheating? Does she go to Wade like she does everything else?

~"She isn't just some girl. Not to me." -Cappie
~"Because for some odd reason, you are the one she is supposed to be with. It's the end of the world Cappie, what are you going to do?" - Ashleigh
Old 12-02-2013, 01:49 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Hart of Dixie

Quote:
This whole season has not had a ton of emotion....it is like they just want everything in a nice little bow and to keep it humorous...yet that doesn't fix the problems, nor make it great writing.
We need more emotion from all the characters.
Old 12-02-2013, 01:54 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cadenf (View Post)
I agree...it is like they won't let ZW deal with any of their actual issues (Together not as in a relationship but discuss/fight/etc)

I have a feeling we will never see the emotional stuff we want between them anytime soon, and it sucks.

Although who would she turn to when she thinks Joel is cheating? Does she go to Wade like she does everything else?
From the promo, I'm not sure Zoe goes to anyone about the idea of Joel cheating. I think she may just react when she throws the water in his face. There isn't anyone for her to turn to since AB is the other person involved so that rules out Lavon. I don't see her going to Wade about the idea of Joel cheating on her. She wants Wade to believe that Joel is perfect as is their relationship. She won't admit to any cracks to Wade.

IMO, the cheating is only being brought back up to remind Zoe that Joel is the guy who won't hurt her and that he isn't Wade. It is just something to make her cling to Joel more while Wade starts to move on with Vivian.
Old 12-02-2013, 01:56 PM
Moderator Support Team

Moderator of ...
Rachel Bilson

Which is the dumbest reason to bring it up...and it honestly makes me mad!

~"Because for some odd reason, you are the one she is supposed to be with. It's the end of the world Cappie, what are you going to do?" - Ashleigh
Old 12-02-2013, 02:01 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Friends

I agree, it will all be for another 'Joel is so much better than Wade' moment
Old 12-02-2013, 02:04 PM
Moderator Support Team

Moderator of ...
Rachel Bilson

Quote:
Originally Posted by starryeyesxx (View Post)
I agree, it will all be for another 'Joel is so much better than Wade' moment
How long will they really try to convince us to root for Joel. a) we know he isn't going to be around forever and b) We will always want ZW.

They need to stop trying to shove the Joel is the perfect boyfriend down our throats as it makes us resent it even more.

Old 12-02-2013, 02:08 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Friends

Well, it did take them a long time to accept that the majority of the audience didn't like or want ZG, so it doesn't look good.....
Old 12-02-2013, 02:09 PM
Banned

Quote:
That's very true, has their been any genuine emotion this season? Have there been any scenes that made us really sad or really happy? No, it's been completely flat.

I don't even think we'll get a more significant ZW moment in the next ep other then her being jealous. I don't think any of their interactions will be about the potential cheating at all.
The only genuine emotion I have felt all season was the ending of 301 the two very short scenes between WL in 302 and one in 306. Although the ending of 309 left me with a warm feeling it has not been the same. Besides the look in 301 and Wade's sigh of resolve in 302 I have felt nothing.

Quote:

Yes Zoe is really isolating herself away from everyone for Joel. She barely interacts with Lavon and with Wade now moving on she really is flying only with her co-pilot Joel. Now if she could only hit the ejector switch and send him into space.

Last edited by lemers718; 12-02-2013 at 02:16 PM
Old 12-02-2013, 02:10 PM
Moderator Support Team

Moderator of ...
Rachel Bilson

Quote:
Well, it did take them a long time to accept that the majority of the audience didn't like or want ZG, so it doesn't look good.....
Shush you!

I get that they have no idea what to do, but I am already sick of it. GZ as much as most of us hate it, at least made more sense in the sense of he is a regular and is around. Noone cares about Joel for the fact that he isn't sticking around forever. He isn't helping Zoe grow nor is he doing much for any character expect keep Zoe and Wade apart.

Old 12-02-2013, 02:14 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Hart of Dixie

Joel is pointless
Old 12-02-2013, 02:27 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Friends

Joel is beyond pointless. I can't believe they sat down & actually thought that it would be a good idea to give Zoe a new LI with that much screentime & who would stick around for that long. Although, I can believe that so many supposedly educated people come up with a lot of the storylines they do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lemers718 (View Post)
The only genuine emotion I have felt all season was the ending of 301 the two very short scenes between WL in 302 and one in 306. Although the ending of 309 left me with a warm feeling it has not been the same. Besides the look in 301 and Wade's sigh of resolve in 302 I have felt nothing.
I agree about the end of 3x01, that one tiny moment has had more emotion then the rest of the season put together so far.
Old 12-02-2013, 02:30 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Hart of Dixie

So glad we got that look
Old 12-02-2013, 05:15 PM
Moderator Support Team

Moderator of ...
Rachel Bilson

Part of me wishes they would shock us with a WZ reunion. To me the end of the finale is boring and predictable....yet that is better then not at all.

I just wish you would tune in each week near the end of the season and wonder if this is the episode they get together....but we don't have that. Takes the excitement a little out when you know exactly when it is coming.

Old 12-02-2013, 05:19 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Hart of Dixie

Even knowing it'll be in the finale doesn't make me less excited for it