Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 05-18-2013, 07:08 AM
Addicted Fan

#5 - 1 ( Catia)
#33 - 4 (Tracie, Hon-ay 1x11, Anna, BlueBellian)
#34 - 3 (Olivia, youretheonlydrugineed, Jessers)
#41 - 1 (Fogh)
#43 - 1 (Pen)
#44 - 2 (Cathy, Jessica)
#50 - 1 (lemers718)

I think telling Wade that he couldn't understand how she felt was a low blow when he had done so much in that episode that proved how deeply he understood and appreciated her. It was really the first moment when I hated Zoe but George wasn't involved.
Old 05-18-2013, 07:10 AM
Ultimate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessers113 (View Post)
#34 I hate that scene and her in that episode
See I liked that scene. Wade didn't just shrug it off. He was still upset and she was apologizing. Every time a woman is in the doghouse, guys relish, because it often the other way around, both on TV but also irl.

Quote:
I think that telling Wade that he couldn't understand how she felt was a low blow when he had done so much in that episode that proved how deeply he understood and appreciated her. It was really the first moment when I hated Zoe but George wasn't involved.
She put her foot in her mouth, but she was sorry the second she said it. I don't believe she really wanted him to have a career unless he wanted one.

Wade told her in the finale that he didn't think he could live up to the expectations, he thought she had of him. I can relate to that irl. I hoped that she would've responded in the finale, that she wasn't out to change him. She wouldn't like/love him more if he was a barowner instead of a bartender. I really really hope she tells him that at some point. Maybe when she says ILY for the first time, I would like her to tell him that she loves him for who he is, not what he could be in her mind or what he thinks she expects him to be.

Last edited by Fogh; 05-18-2013 at 07:17 AM
Old 05-18-2013, 07:14 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Hart of Dixie

Trying to decide between 33 and 44
Old 05-18-2013, 07:16 AM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fogh (View Post)
See I liked that scene. Wade didn't just shrug it off. He was still upset and she was apologizing. Every time a woman is in the doghouse, guys relish, because it often the other way around, both on TV but also irl.

Lol. I get what you mean, but as a woman, I can tell you that we get in the doghouse plenty.

What I think is pretty extraordinary about the relationship between ZW is that he lets her out of the doghouse pretty easily (which is the reason I think we ladies tend to swoon so much over Wade -- who wouldn't love to have a fantasy man who is not only hot but also endlessly forgiving? ).
Old 05-18-2013, 07:17 AM
Moderator Support Team

Moderator of ...
Rachel Bilson

Quote:
I didn't mind it either. I think that it had to be talked about sometime anyway and I think it made her realize that in the end it didn't matter, he still had goals.

~"She isn't just some girl. Not to me." -Cappie
~"Because for some odd reason, you are the one she is supposed to be with. It's the end of the world Cappie, what are you going to do?" - Ashleigh
Old 05-18-2013, 07:23 AM
Ultimate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueBellian (View Post)

Lol. I get what you mean, but as a woman, I can tell you that we get in the doghouse plenty.

What I think is pretty extraordinary about the relationship between ZW is that he lets her out of the doghouse pretty easily (which is the reason I think we ladies tend to swoon so much over Wade -- who wouldn't love to have a fantasy man who is not only hot but also endlessly forgiving? ).
Men generally don't hold grudges for very long. We forgive easier than women, so I'm not surprised that Wade forgives Zoe so easy and not vice versa. I also expect George to have forgiven and no longer angry with Zoe when HoD returns.

Men might screw up more often, but it take less to end up in the doghouse. Men are just more laidback and takes things less seriously. That is why I was happy that Wade in that scene was still upset. He was even upset when she came with her bouquet of apologies and she then made it up to him later until Lavon interupted them.
Old 05-18-2013, 07:25 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Hart of Dixie

#5 - 1 ( Catia)
#33 - 4 (Tracie, Hon-ay 1x11, Anna, BlueBellian)
#34 - 3 (Olivia, youretheonlydrugineed, Jessers)
#41 - 1 (Fogh)
#43 - 1 (Pen)
#44 - 3 (Cathy, Jessica, Kate)
#50 - 1 (lemers718)
Old 05-18-2013, 07:42 AM
Moderator Support Team

Moderator of ...
Rachel Bilson

Quote:
Men generally don't hold grudges for very long. We forgive easier than women, so I'm not surprised that Wade forgives Zoe so easy and not vice versa. I also expect George to have forgiven and no longer angry with Zoe when HoD returns.

Men might screw up more often, but it take less to end up in the doghouse. Men are just more laidback and takes things less seriously. That is why I was happy that Wade in that scene was still upset. He was even upset when she came with her bouquet of apologies and she then made it up to him later until Lavon interupted them.
I do agree. People say the wrong things all the time. And her really hurting his feelings and having to work for it back I think helped open up her eyes some. I guess that was really when she may have realized how much she could hurt him with her words. I did like her making it up to him, and then them on the couch was so cute!!

~"Because for some odd reason, you are the one she is supposed to be with. It's the end of the world Cappie, what are you going to do?" - Ashleigh
Old 05-18-2013, 07:49 AM
Elite Fan

I understand in that scene that she realized she hurt him immediately. And perhaps on the surface she really didn't care what he did. And yet there was still that thought in her mind. The words didn't come out of thin air. On some level she had to be thinking it or feeling it for her to say those words. She hadn't totally changed her picture. And the fact is that she still said the words. So even though Wade forgave her and it got the ball rolling, it still reinforced the idea to him that he had to live up to this image that he thinks she had of him.
Old 05-18-2013, 07:49 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Hart of Dixie

Old 05-18-2013, 07:52 AM
Moderator Support Team

Moderator of ...
Rachel Bilson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tracie76 (View Post)
I understand in that scene that she realized she hurt him immediately. And perhaps on the surface she really didn't care what he did. And yet there was still that thought in her mind. The words didn't come out of thin air. On some level she had to be thinking it or feeling it for her to say those words. She hadn't totally changed her picture. And the fact is that she still said the words. So even though Wade forgave her and it got the ball rolling, it still reinforced the idea to him that he had to live up to this image that he thinks she had of him.
Yes it probably did not help at all with his eventual cheating. Sucks....but I think she was slowly changing her picture, it just can't change overnight.

Old 05-18-2013, 07:55 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cadenf (View Post)
Yes it probably did not help at all with his eventual cheating. Sucks....but I think she was slowly changing her picture, it just can't change overnight.
That is exactly where it started. In 2x12 he was still on the bartender idea and was fine with that. He was thinking of going to NY to be with her if she moved. I think her emphasis on him winning in 2x15 had a ton to do with it as well. I can get that her picture was slowly changing and I do think that in 2x15 she was doing what she felt was best for him. And yet she said the words and it planted the seed. It is much like what she did with George that lead to the break up with Tansy. And as Tansy told her, once you say the words they are out there and can't be taken back. It is just something that Zoe does. She did the same thing with Shelby in 2x20 that scared her away. Sometimes things are best left unsaid.
Old 05-18-2013, 07:57 AM
Moderator Support Team

Moderator of ...
Rachel Bilson

And Zoe can't keep her mouth shut!

Old 05-18-2013, 07:59 AM
Extreme Fan

I actually don't mind that she said that at all. It gave Wade the push he needed to get serious about opening his bar.
Old 05-18-2013, 08:00 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Hart of Dixie

She needs to think before she speaks.