Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 03-02-2013, 03:20 PM
Dedicated Fan

The purpose to me was simply to do something big to break them up so they could take forever in getting them back together. In the meantime people lose interest, the show doesn't last long enough or the couple is forever ruined for many fans because of the cheating. They hurt themselves already with what they have already done and knew it would hurt them but they still did it. I have no faith that they won't do something stupid again. I hope I am wrong though.
Old 03-02-2013, 03:23 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Hart of Dixie

This is why I'm clinging to my hope that there will be a twist in 2X17.
Old 03-02-2013, 03:25 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Friends

A lot of people get input on shows like this, so maybe that's why it's a bit of a mess right now. Maybe LG is a GZ fangirl, but the network recognized that ZW are more popular and told her to go with them. Or maybe she loves ZW, but the network demanded more drama. Or some of the producers want GZ & some want ZW Who knows? But I don't think situations like this really come down to one person, but when a lot of people involved have conflicting 'artistic visions', things get messy.
Old 03-02-2013, 03:25 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueDog9 (View Post)
This is why I'm clinging to my hope that there will be a twist in 2X17.
I wish I had your optimism.

But

Spoiler:
Old 03-02-2013, 03:27 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Hart of Dixie

Not reading that post.
Old 03-02-2013, 03:32 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrynnK (View Post)
I wish I had your optimism.

But

Spoiler:
Spoiler:

Quote:
The purpose to me was simply to do something big to break them up so they could take forever in getting them back together. In the meantime people lose interest, the show doesn't last long enough or the couple is forever ruined for many fans because of the cheating. They hurt themselves already with what they have already done and knew it would hurt them but they still did it. I have no faith that they won't do something stupid again. I hope I am wrong though.
ita they are walking on thin ice, so they'd better have something big prepared even if it's not in 2x17

we need to stay optimistic
Old 03-02-2013, 03:33 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Hart of Dixie

I'm surprised that I'm being optimistic. Usually I'm not.
Old 03-02-2013, 03:36 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoddevoted (View Post)
Spoiler:

ita they are walking on thin ice, so they'd better have something big prepared even if it's not in 2x17

we need to stay optimistic
Spoiler:
Old 03-02-2013, 03:37 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueDog9 (View Post)
I'm surprised that I'm being optimistic. Usually I'm not.
drama happens on tv, that's a rule and i'm glad you are i have shipped a lot in my life and usually a couple that has to come through a lot is THE couple, OTP. people love ZW and that means something(maybe even everything)
Old 03-02-2013, 03:37 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Hart of Dixie

Old 03-02-2013, 03:41 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoddevoted (View Post)
drama happens on tv, that's a rule and i'm glad you are i have shipped a lot in my life and usually a couple that has to come through a lot is THE couple, OTP. people love ZW and that means something(maybe even everything)
I agree and I am a fan who can get past the cheating and still love the couple. I've just read so much from people who said they cannot get past it and that it ruins them so I think they are going to lose a lot of fans over this. It just surprises me that they took this chance with the show possibly not being renewed. I would think they wouldn't want to lose any fans at this point. They could have created drama in another way that didn't alienate so many people. The fact that they did take this chance now makes me question what they will do in the future.
Old 03-02-2013, 03:43 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Hart of Dixie

So dreading Tuesday
Old 03-02-2013, 03:45 PM
Elite Fan

In the scheme of things the finale is only another 6 episodes away. I would be shocked if they got together before that or even next year honestly. They weren't a couple all last season and still managed to interact. Just because they aren't together doesn't mean they are being dropped completely and won't ever be in scenes again. I doubt that would happen. They have never gone an episode without at least 1 scene. We just won't get what we have been getting with them being a couple.

It is a way of also building back up the tension between them since I doubt they'll just be over each other.
Old 03-02-2013, 03:46 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrynnK (View Post)
I agree and I am a fan who can get past the cheating and still love the couple. I've just read so much from people who said they cannot get past it and that it ruins them so I think they are going to lose a lot of fans over this. It just surprises me that they took this chance with the show possibly not being renewed. I would think they wouldn't want to lose any fans at this point. They could have created drama in another way that didn't alienate so many people. The fact that they did take this chance now makes me question what they will do in the future.
that surprised me, too. that's why i think what i do about them having a purpose, they have to make people want to tune in after they are back after the break. and about what people think, i was mad but now i believe it's just the emotion talking, i have experienced that and people usually come back to shipping the couple. last week more people said they were over, no it seems like they are hopeful again

Quote:
In the scheme of things the finale is only another 6 episodes away. I would be shocked if they got together before that or even next year honestly. They weren't a couple all last season and still managed to interact. Just because they aren't together doesn't mean they are being dropped completely and won't ever be in scenes again. I doubt that would happen. They have never gone an episode without at least 1 scene. We just won't get what we have been getting with them being a couple.

It is a way of also building back up the tension between them since I doubt they'll just be over each other.
ITA, and them ALWAYS having scenes together totally means something
Old 03-02-2013, 03:50 PM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tracie76 (View Post)
They have never gone an episode without at least 1 scene.
Spoiler:
Closed Thread   Post New Thread