Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 03-03-2013, 03:38 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by starryeyesxx (View Post)
I don't think it worked for most people, most the fans I talked to were just really frustrated with the second half of season 1!

Unfortunately, I do have experience with CW shows, & I agree that they give fans what they want, but I think they do it too much imo & tend to give in too easily, & they tend to give into the the fans that yell the loudest because they assume that htey represent the majority even though they don't. I think that's different with HoD, never before have a seen a supposed 'triangle' where one side is so much more popular than the other. & you don't have to try very hard to find it. I mean look at this thread, look at what couple the critics focus on, look at the HoD tag on tumblr. I don't know how anyone could miss it.
You'd be amazed. Apparently little old grannies are sitting at home without access to the internet and are fans of the other side.

I do agree. It is strange. As I said, I'm new to the CW type shows. HoD worked for me because yes it feels like an old WB show or something light. I don't know. I guess I had nothing better to watch on Mondays. But I was also one of those who was frustrated with the 2nd half. It seemed rushed and forced. It felt like in order to balance the triangle they had to make Zoe suddenly decide that she was in love with George.

But yes the fans seem to be overwhelmingly in support of WZ.
Old 03-03-2013, 03:39 PM
Passionate Fan

Quote:

Unfortunately, I do have experience with CW shows, & I agree that they give fans what they want
Yes, but not in a good way. Chuck and Blair endgame is come from nowhere. Cate/Bate in Life Unexpected have been reunited the last five minutes of the serie finale when Cate spent all the serie with Ryan and was married with him.
Old 03-03-2013, 03:40 PM
TMM
Loyal Fan

I am so glad I marathoned season 1 and didn't have to wait a week in between the second half episodes. Question: what was the promo for the finale like? Did you get any indication there was hope for WZ then?

I agree with you, Sophie, I do think some execs give into what they perceive as the majority... I can't speak to CW but I've seen it on other shows. I think the online fandom is such a minor percentage of a fanbase, it's silly to listen to it too much. I'm just so happy that what we want seems to line up with what the focus groups and media want. I'm not saying there aren't people who dislike them, but it really is quite amazing HOW popular these two are. It gets me through darker times I think.
Old 03-03-2013, 03:42 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
I don't think it worked for most people, most the fans I talked to were just really frustrated with the second half of season 1!

Unfortunately, I do have experience with CW shows, & I agree that they give fans what they want, but I think they do it too much imo & tend to give in too easily, & they tend to give into the the fans that yell the loudest because they assume that htey represent the majority even though they don't. I think that's different with HoD, never before have a seen a supposed 'triangle' where one side is so much more popular than the other. & you don't have to try very hard to find it. I mean look at this thread, look at what couple the critics focus on, look at the HoD tag on tumblr. I don't know how anyone could miss it.
but it's a good thing they know we are in the majority. and yes, i have never experienced one side of the triangle being outvoted so much.
Old 03-03-2013, 03:44 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMM (View Post)
I am so glad I marathoned season 1 and didn't have to wait a week in between the second half episodes. Question: what was the promo for the finale like? Did you get any indication there was hope for WZ then?

I agree with you, Sophie, I do think some execs give into what they perceive as the majority... I can't speak to CW but I've seen it on other shows. I think the online fandom is such a minor percentage of a fanbase, it's silly to listen to it too much. I'm just so happy that what we want seems to line up with what the focus groups and media want. I'm not saying there aren't people who dislike them, but it really is quite amazing HOW popular these two are. It gets me through darker times I think.
This is the promo they used:

Old 03-03-2013, 03:44 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Hart of Dixie

Almost new thread time
Old 03-03-2013, 03:45 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Friends

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tracie76 (View Post)
You'd be amazed. Apparently little old grannies are sitting at home without access to the internet and are fans of the other side.

I do agree. It is strange. As I said, I'm new to the CW type shows. HoD worked for me because yes it feels like an old WB show or something light. I don't know. I guess I had nothing better to watch on Mondays. But I was also one of those who was frustrated with the 2nd half. It seemed rushed and forced. It felt like in order to balance the triangle they had to make Zoe suddenly decide that she was in love with George.

But yes the fans seem to be overwhelmingly in support of WZ.
I do realize that the internet fandom make up the small amount of the audience, but I think most of the audience probably aren't that invested in the triangle & will continue to watch while they enjoy the show overall. But I do think that the ZW fandom online must be kind of representative of how many people who don't go online support them them too...if that makes sense?
Old 03-03-2013, 03:47 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
I do realize that the internet fandom make up the small amount of the audience, but I think most of the audience probably aren't that invested in the triangle & will continue to watch while they enjoy the show overall. But I do think that the ZW fandom online must be kind of representative of how many people who don't go online support them them too...if that makes sense?
Makes total sense. I sat at home as a casual fan last season and never got online to talk about them until after the finale. Although I leaned toward ZW. My husband watches with me and he thinks GZ have no depth. So I think that makes perfect sense.
Old 03-03-2013, 03:47 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Friends

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMM (View Post)

I think the other problem with this is that fanbases that shippers are often a lot more vocal when their couple aren't together, then they get together & the opposing couple suddenly seem like they're in the majority. I've seen it with triangles over & over.
Old 03-03-2013, 03:48 PM
TMM
Loyal Fan

Thanks! Duh, sometimes I forget how to use the internet. I could've looked it up myself. They definitely played it up both ways.
Old 03-03-2013, 03:49 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Friends

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tracie76 (View Post)
Makes total sense. I sat at home as a casual fan last season and never got online to talk about them until after the finale. Although I leaned toward ZW. My husband watches with me and he thinks GZ have no depth. So I think that makes perfect sense.
Oh good, I wasn't really sure how to explain what I meant
Old 03-03-2013, 03:50 PM
TMM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
I think the other problem with this is that fanbases that shippers are often a lot more vocal when their couple aren't together, then they get together & the opposing couple suddenly seem like they're in the majority. I've seen it with triangles over & over.
Yeah, it's pretty classic. Especially because, and I'm not talking WZ here or even HOD, but a lot of times you need to give a couple time to breathe and grow organically on its own. There are things people hate at first that they grow to like if it's written well. The written well part is the key though. I think if something is written well, the chemistry is there, then a majority of the fans will follow.
Old 03-03-2013, 03:51 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
And that hasn't happened with this show from what I can tell. Generally everything is almost exclusively WZ. More GZ fans pop up after they have an episode or like this past one but that is just to bash Wade and remind everyone that George and Zoe belong together. But still they are not the majority.

And as much as people may hate the current storyline it did bring people in to talk about the show. Even if it was just to bitch about it.
Old 03-03-2013, 03:53 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Friends

I was going to add that to my post, but I wasn't sure if I should! GZ have had significantly less story this season & yet you don't hear all the GZ fans complaining. ZW break up & the HoD fan loses it's mind
Old 03-03-2013, 03:54 PM
Elite Fan

New thread
Closed Thread   Post New Thread