Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 01-22-2013, 06:51 AM
Fan Forum Hero

It really is like a new dimension I just hope it stays like that for a while

Luckily you have almost a week off then, Steffi But I know how you feel

Those are really typical boss words But it's still nice that he thanked you and said you did a great job, although I'm sure he says that to everyone who leaves, but I'm sure he meant it when he said it to you

Aw, that sounds like a nice evening you have planned for Thursday, Steffi I wish we could all celebrate with you!

HoD tonight (and for me tomorrow )
Old 01-22-2013, 07:03 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I don’t want to brag, but he has mentioned several times over the past few years how lucky he knows he was to have had Andrea and me. And now that we are both gone, I hope he will realize how lucky he really was. Seeing how things are handled here already makes me want to puke. I don’t care anymore though.

Aw Anni that’s sweet You can celebrate with me here, I’ll definitely be online! I will not be able to watch HoD until Thursday anyway, so I will come here and post my thoughts about the episode anyways
Old 01-22-2013, 07:32 AM
Extreme Fan

New HoD tonight!!! Yesterday was great- we went out to lunch, went shopping, watched a movie... just relaxed.

Steffi- sounds like you've got it all planned out Time is flying! I had a celebratory beverage yesterday at lunch (kid free, day off, belated birthday celebration with my husband- he left me to my friends last weekend- so he missed out) and I bought myself a bottle of wine for later with some of my birthday money I haven't been able to drink much in the last 3 years (pregnant, etc), so... I've enjoyed (in moderation) my new found ability to be an adult.

Loving the 'new' - it runs so quickly!
Old 01-22-2013, 07:35 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Sounds like a lovely day you and your husband had yesterday, Rae And it also sounds great that enjoyed your wine Wine is definitely something you should enjoy

I'm still so sceptical that the new is a permanent thing and I am always waiting for it to go back to the way it was
Old 01-22-2013, 07:37 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Love (View Post)
I'm still so sceptical that the new is a permanent thing and I am always waiting for it to go back to the way it was
I always feel that way about good things.
Old 01-22-2013, 07:41 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Come to think of it, me too
Old 01-22-2013, 07:44 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I'm just as positive as you guys are!

I'm glad you had such a lovely day yesterday, Rae And glad you enjoyed the wine, too
Old 01-22-2013, 08:32 AM
Supreme Fan

Rae glad you had fun with your husband sooo you like wine.., that's great!!! which one do you prefer: red or white???? I'd like to take a sommelier course

Steffi sounds like a great way to celebrate your last day of work!!!!
Old 01-22-2013, 08:43 AM
Extreme Fan

It depends. This one is red. I prefer red and white pinots (noir/grigio), and only about half a glass at a time, I'm not a HUGE wine fan, but it's growing on me. I don't like heavy cabernets or chardonnays- I like crisp or sweeter... sauv blancs are nice sometimes. I don't mind some merlots- just depends on my mood.

I waited tables/bartended to put myself through college, and worked at a country club every summer, so I was exposed to a lot of wine, but didn't drink much of it... so I'm trying to branch out from my standby margarita
Old 01-22-2013, 08:44 PM
New Fan

I really like a semillon sauv blanc and my husband likes the strong peppery Shiraz. Although I don't drink much, I think it's just habit not to after so many years of not drinking due to being pregnant or breast feeding or even getting up to the kids in the night. ( my younger kids are not good sleepers still )

It's my middle daughters birthday today. She is 5 I made pancakes for breakfast and spent the morning putting together her Barbie cruise ship that my parents got her. Now I have to tidy up and make her birthday cake. Just family over tonight but she is having a party on Friday with her friends.
Old 01-22-2013, 08:58 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just Breathe (View Post)
Although I don't drink much, I think it's just habit not to after so many years of not drinking due to being pregnant or breast feeding.
That's me too- I wasn't a huge drinker before... (well outside of freshman/sophomore year of college....shhh) but afterwards, and now that I pretty much gave it up for 3 years... I don't drink much. I've had more drinks in the last 2 weeks than I have in 3 years. (And for anyone counting- that's 4. Just so you don't get the wrong idea. )

Happy birthday to your daughter! Lots of January birthdays around here! Sounds like a fun few days. Enjoy!
Old 01-22-2013, 11:35 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Good question about the wine, Catia I know you didn’t ask me directly, but I thought I’d contribute anways I like red wine better How about everyone else?

Aw, that sounds like a lovely birthday for your daughter! Happy birthday to her

I am not a drinker usually either. When we get together with friends, we drink one cocktail or two. Every few weeks we’re having a bigger party and get together, when we get a little more drunk. But I must say even though I was really drunk this NYE (and I didn’t plan for that to happen ), I haven’t been THAT drunk before NYE in forever Mostly, I get tipsy and then stop drinking because I don’t want to be hung over.

Man, I sound like an alcoholic

I haven't seen the new episode yet So I can't discuss in the threads with you, I don't want to spoil myself. I will not be able to watch the episode until tomorrow unfortunately
Old 01-23-2013, 12:14 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I'm not a big wine drinker either, I'm more of a sparkling wine lover But I prefer white wine over red wine...wine makes me sleepy in general, but red wine makes me even more sleepy, maybe that's the reason But I don't know much about wine

Then I sound like an alcoholic, too, Steffi When I go out with friends, we usually have a few drinks But during the week, I don't drink alcohol at all, just on the weekends when I go out

That really sounds like a Happy Birthday for your daughter!

Jess - if I remember correctly it's your birthday today, so HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! I hope you have a wonderful day

I can't wait to see the new episode tonight I'm so excited!!!

Steffi - 1 more day of commuting
Old 01-23-2013, 01:13 AM
Fan Forum Star

^Thank you So far it is good
Old 01-23-2013, 01:18 AM
Fan Forum Hero

You're welcome I'm glad it's good so far Do you have anything special planned for today?
Closed Thread   Post New Thread