Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 10-22-2011, 11:49 PM
Graphics Team Manager
Family's more than DNA

Faith & Infidelity (1x05) Episode Discussion ~ Airs October 24th!

[made by Juliana]

1x05: Faith & Infidelity
October 24th, 2011 @ 9:00 p.m.

EPISODE DESCRIPTION:
Zoe (Rachel Bilson) discovers something shocking about the local minister (guest star Peter MacKenzie) and his wife (guest star Kerry O'Malley), causing quite a stir among the residents of Bluebell. Lemon (Jaime King) is determined to find the funds to renovate the town's historic bridge that was destroyed by Hurricane Katrina, but first she is put in the extremely awkward position of having to convince Lavon (Cress Williams) to choose her proposal over so many other worthwhile submissions. Ron Lagomarsino directed the episode written by Deb Fordham.

PROMOS!

RULES!
1. Since some people may not be a fan of your certain ship, try not to insult other ships, just stick to the one you like and be positive, please.
2. We know you won't like everything about the episode, but try and be constructive when you are critiquing something. Don't just say 'GOD THIS SUCKED'.
3. No talk of illegal downloading, asking or commenting about it. Any posts with that topic will be deleted. Please use PMs for links to live streams and such.
4. Thank you, and enjoy the episode!

Last edited by AlwaysCB; 12-22-2013 at 10:05 AM
shinebrighterxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011, 09:35 PM
Elite Fan

a little bummed they didn't keep in their titling pattern and have both words starting with the same letter. but... I like that still! nice to see there will be more of that!
Ellie
then you must kiss me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011, 10:49 PM
Fan Forum Hero

They still have the "and" in the middle pattern though

Thanks for the thread, as always, I can't wait to see the new episode! More Lavon and Lemon, it's gonna be interesting!
Cosmic Love is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011, 05:07 AM
Supreme Fan

Can't wait for the episode tonight - each week HoD is the show I look forward to seeing the most!

Icon by ~ Jis_Bon ~
Gabriela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011, 01:24 PM
Addicted Fan

So excited for tonight!!

we are not agents of nothing
---we ARE agents of SHIELD
~ steph ~ yt | twitter | tumblr
dalejr89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011, 01:36 PM
New Fan

I can't wait for tonight's episode. Really looking forward to seeing more of Zoe/Wade (do we have a shipper name for them yet? How about WOE since it sounds like Whoa =D) and also Lemon and Lavon. Those two have serious heat.
JustJenna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011, 03:00 PM
Elite Fan

Can't wait for tonight's episode and more Zoe/Wade as well!
this new sun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011, 05:59 PM
Extreme Fan

The episode is kind of boring.
Old 10-24-2011, 06:21 PM
Fan Forum Hero

TFTNT! Can't wait to watch!

Quote:
do we have a shipper name for them yet?
I think most people call them Zade.
Old 10-24-2011, 07:41 PM
Absolute Fan

It wasn't my favorite episode. I liked finding out more about Wade. Random question. Does Wade own the bar? I've always assumed he did.

I didn't care the Lemon stuff really.
And I thought the the preacher guy thing was kind of a let down. I wanted something really juicy like he didn't cheat they just brought someone into the bedroom for a little fun But I kind of get what they were doing for Zoe to see that....Still I think my idea would have been more fun! Nice episode though, I loved the scenes between Wade and Zoe and Zoe and Lavon!
GabbyTumblr & Twitter ღ Icon by me
WonderlandGabby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011, 10:05 PM
Elite Fan

well, I suppose that Zoe had to learn not to be such a cynic about love.

I found myself torn between Lemon with George or Lavon... the idea of her and George buying a house totally choked me up, but Lavon did that embarrassing commercial to help her out...

favorite moment was Wade reacting to being called cowboy.

aaaaand... oh wow, that hair they gave Zoe at the salon! so bad!

I agree, the episode didn't do a lot for me... I felt like something was missing from it, I don't know. and the preview for the next ep looks all Halloweenish... but they're not airing it for two weeks?
Ellie
then you must kiss me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 03:00 AM
New Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by WonderlandGabby (View Post)
It wasn't my favorite episode. I liked finding out more about Wade. Random question. Does Wade own the bar? I've always assumed he did.

I didn't care the Lemon stuff really.
And I thought the the preacher guy thing was kind of a let down. I wanted something really juicy like he didn't cheat they just brought someone into the bedroom for a little fun But I kind of get what they were doing for Zoe to see that....Still I think my idea would have been more fun! Nice episode though, I loved the scenes between Wade and Zoe and Zoe and Lavon!
I think Wade is just the bartender there. Judging by his accomodation, I don't think he is anything more than just a bartender and he has way too much free time to be running a bar.

I thought the episode was pretty bad, didn't really feel like anything happened apart from a little bit of character development in George, Lemon, Zoe and Wade but that was a minimal amount.

There were a few questionable moments, like how is widening a road stemmed from George's "New York" side? Then again, it's Lemon. And why was the nurse/receptionist introduced this episode? Wasn't she there in the last episode however wasn't introduced?

And the most mind boggling of all, how is it that 5 episodes in, Zoe doesn't know about the church? (I'm assuming it's on Sundays), did she just not come to town every Sunday? Mind boggling I tell you.

Yeah, I don't think Bluebell's biggest role models, having a threesome, would be the greatest plot. If it were true, then Preacher's wife wouldn't have cried when she was told. I thought the end result was pretty obvious, it's a disease so it had to be either transmitted during sexual act, or possibly from kissing, or when someone's blood with syphillis has entered a bloodstream.

My hypothesis was that one of them may have been accidently stung by a syringe, used by a heroin addict with syphillis.

Quote:
well, I suppose that Zoe had to learn not to be such a cynic about love.
I don't think the point was for Zoe to stop being a cynic, my portrayal was that it was contrasting the differences between a very rural town (Bluebell) and an urban place like New York. You can see that they're going from an extremely New York girl, slowly grasping the ways of the countryside. And that Bluebell are an extremely innocent town, very foreign to a girl from New York who people of Bluebell would consider corrupted, which is shown in Zoe's way of thinking

Oh and one other thing I had a problem with, is how could George forget about Lemon's stupid bridge. I mean, apparently she's been going on about it for 3 months. I can get he would forget it at the time, but not sure how he could forget it afterwards.

Overall, thought the episode was pretty poor. But really liked the contrasting of Bluebell and New York, although fustrated me that Zoe, being a doctor, couldn't think of other ways of receiving Syphillis.

Last edited by Swanny36; 10-25-2011 at 03:07 AM
Swanny36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 05:17 AM
Supreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swanny36 (View Post)
There were a few questionable moments, like how is widening a road stemmed from George's "New York" side? Then again, it's Lemon. And why was the nurse/receptionist introduced this episode? Wasn't she there in the last episode however wasn't introduced?
Yeah, I'm getting a little tired of Lemon overreacting to everything and getting away with it without ever really looking inside herself to discover that she's in the wrong or overreacting. I feel like they're doing a very bad job of making Lemon a relatable character. And yeah - I'm not sure why they decided to introduce the nurse now after she was already in an episode.

Quote:
And the most mind boggling of all, how is it that 5 episodes in, Zoe doesn't know about the church? (I'm assuming it's on Sundays), did she just not come to town every Sunday? Mind boggling I tell you.
I think it would make sense for her not to have come into town on Sunday mornings when church would probably have been going on. She was also baffled by the idea that shops might be closed on Sunday. although how she had no idea it was a church after hearing the music and seeing the actual building, I have no idea

Quote:
although fustrated me that Zoe, being a doctor, couldn't think of other ways of receiving Syphillis.
I feel like that Zoe jumping to that conclusion tied in well with her overarching issue of not really looking at the patients she's treating. Rather than looking at the preacher and his wife as their own people and considering other possibilities than cheating, she lumped them in with all "cheaters" - she saw the medical problem and came to what was the most logical conclusion to her without really looking at who she was treating.

Overall, I agree that this episode was probably one of my least favorites so far. I was happy we got some more of Wade and saw a bit of depth in his character. I'm also glad that they didn't really get into any Wade/Zoe stuff this episode - I love their scenes together (as well as George and Zoe) but I'm glad they didn't turn the episode into something where Zoe sees this more vulnerable side of Wade and suddenly is all over him. It would have cheapened the entire thing about Wade's dad (and Zoe and Wade's relationship).

Icon by ~ Jis_Bon ~
Gabriela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 08:27 AM
Elite Fan

I really liked last night's episode. I think Wade was my favorite part about it. His reaction to Lavon in the commercial Also what he did for his father was amazing.
And I agree with you guys, Lemon is annoying me most of the time.
Old 10-25-2011, 08:28 AM
Elite Fan

I really liked last night's episode. I think Wade was my favorite part about it. His reaction to Lavon in the commercial Also what he did for his father was amazing.
And I agree with you guys, Lemon is annoying me most of the time.
Reply   Post New Thread