Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 05-31-2024, 09:24 PM
Graphics Team Manager

» Celebrating Fifteen Years of the NCIS Franchise Board! ⚓

C E L E B R A T I N G
F I F T E E N Y E A R S
A T N C I S F R A N C H I S E

Serving those who protect, protecting those who serve.
It's the NCIS motto, and it's very important, because it's a promise. It's a promise to try and do good.

★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

On September 23 1995 the first season of JAG premiered on NBC. The show was initially cancelled by the network after one season, however CBS picked the show up & it would then run for a total of 10 season & 227 episodes. The NCIS Franchise began on April 22 & 29 2003 when the backdoor pilot for NCIS aired as a part of Season 8 of JAG ("Ice Queen" & "Meltdown"), then the first episode aired on September 23 2003. Since then we've had 21 seasons & 467 episodes. The show was renewed for its twenty second season on April 9 2024. • On April 28 & May 5 the NCIS: Los Angeles backdoor pilot aired as part of Season 6 of NCIS ("Legend (Part I)" & "Legend (Part II)"), then the first episode aired on September 22 2009. Unfortunately the show was canceled in January 2023, with the show concluding on May 21 2023 after 14 seasons & 323 episodes. • In Season 4 of NCIS: Los Angeles, the backdoor pilot for NCIS: Red ("Red" & "Red-2") aired on March 19 & 26 2013. Unfortunately on May 15 2013 it was announced that CBS would not be picking up the show. • On March 25 & April 1 2014 the NCIS: New Orleans backdoor pilot aired as part of Season 11 of NCIS ("Crescent City (Part I)" & "Crescent City (Part II)"), then the first episode aired on September 23 2014. Unfortunately the show was canceled in February 2021, with the show concluding on May 23 2021 after 7 seasons & 155 episodes. • On April 23 2021 CBS announced that they had picked up NCIS: Hawai'i, with the first episode airing on September 20 2021. Unfortunately the show was canceled in April 2024, with the show concluding on May 6 2024 after 3 seasons & 54 episodes. • On February 16 2022 the first international edition of the NCIS Franchise was announced, with Paramount Plus Australia & Network 10 announcing their plans for NCIS: Sydney to launch in 2023. The show premiered in Australia on Paramount+ on November 10 2023, with 8 episodes for its first season. The show was renewed for its second season on March 20 2024. • On January 5 2024 CBS announced that they had picked up the first prequel series in the franchise with NCIS: Origins, which will focus on the early investigative career of Leroy Jethro Gibbs. It is expected to begin airing in Fall 2024. • On February 28 2024 Paramount+ announced that they had picked up a new spinoff focusing on Anthony DiNozzo & Ziva David. The title for this show was confirmed to be NCIS: Tony & Ziva on May 7 2024, & it is expected to premiere on Paramount+ in late 2024. • On April 15 2024 the NCIS Franchise celebrated 1000 episodes with the NCIS episode 21.07 "A Thousand Yards". Since it began, the NCIS Franchise has aired a total of 1007 episodes across 46 seasons & 5 different shows. Including JAG the total jumps up to 1234 episodes across 56 seasons.

Jimmy Palmer: "I guess that's... that's all we have in the end, right? Is just... just the
stories we leave behind.
" Tony DiNozzo: "Hmm. I wouldn't say only that, Jimbo. We
also have the lives we touch while we are here. The people we leave behind
."

Happy anniversary to the NCIS Franchise board! I still keep feeling the need to double check the math as it is crazy to think it has been fifteen years since the board was created. It is incredible & this board has been through so much in that time. Starting out as just the NCIS board, then us opening our arms to embrace the whole NCISverse we've been given over the year (& look at how it is still growing !). Much like the franchise, this board has grown & evolved over the years. I'm forever grateful & love each & every one of you who has made this board what it is today & have been a part of this journey with us. We would not be here or what we are today without all of you, so thank you . I've been posting on this board pretty much since I first started discovering NCIS, back in September 2009. I'm glad I found both & this board then & for the support on my journey of watching the show & starting the other shows. I was welcomed with open arms, even being new to the show, & I know if it wasn't for the amazing posters here I wouldn't still be here. Or a mod here. They made me want to keep posting here & keep watching more as quickly as I could. They were amazing, all of you are. It is wonderful to be able to share thoughts, passions, disappointments, feelings, & so much more with this amazing fanbase! I can't begin to list all the people who have contributed to this board & even my own love for this show & board. I know I'll forget someone but I do want to say a huge thank you to Steph for being an amazing moderator on this board & co-mod. You modded this board from the beginning & stayed here for so long. Hanna thank you for stepping up & taking on the mod role with me after Steph left. You are amazing. Yaz (Miss Kenton), Claudia (BoneLady), & Steffi (Cosmic Love) you were all amazing mods, thank you for all you did for this board. Thank you everyone. Have I said that enough yet? I look forward to seeing where the next 15 years take us!
~ Chelle (shinebrighterxx)

I love NCIS. I have become a fan just recently. McGee is my favorite character. He is smart, caring, and is a great agent. All the characters are wonderful. My favorite couple is Tony and Ziva. They are wonderful together. Here's to more years.
~ Donna (Donna K.)

"This is an elite unit. Whose unparralled success rests on
the superior skills of those who work here." - Hetty Lange

B O A R D H I S T O R Y

June 1 2009: NCIS board first opened
July 12 2009: maplezbear & Miss Kenton appointed as first board moderators
April 11 2010: BoneLady appointed mod
July 21 2010: Celebrated 50,000 posts
January 10 2011: Board receives first customisation (preview)
September 19 2011: Celebrated 75,000 posts
November 13 2011: Cosmic Love appointed mod
April 21 2013: Celebrated 100,000 posts
December 22 2013: shinebrighterxx appointed mod
June 30 2014: Board name changed from NCIS to NCIS Franchise
October 1 2015: Board received its second customisation (preview)
May 11 2020: Celebrated 175,000 posts
August 15 2020: Board received its current customisation
May 23 2021: Celebrated 200,000 posts
June 12 2022: florerr appointed mod

"Yeah, and you know, whatever happens, we got your back." - Sebastian Lund

What brought you to the NCIS Franchise board? I saw a Tumblr post about this forum from this site's Tumblr page a few years ago. Or maybe it was a Twitter tweet, I dunno.
Favourite memory from your time posting on the NCIS Franchise board? Hard to tell, they're all good memories!
What made you start watching the NCIS Franchise (or a specific show within the franchise)? My mom had seen enough endings of NCIS LA to get interested, and the Season 6 premiere was our 1st live episode.
What do you love most about the NCIS Franchise? The family feels, the teamwork, the actors, the writing, the worldwide fandom and the communities across social media they form.
What would you love to see happen in the future for the NCIS Franchise? I'd like to see a Hetty centric prequel abut her past as a spy during the Cold War/Vietnam War era. It would be so epic!
What is/are your favourite show/s in the NCIS Franchise? LA, NCIS, Sydney
Who is/are your favourite character/s in the NCIS Franchise? Hetty, and the rest of her team, All of the OG NCIS team.
Who is/are your favourite couple/s in the NCIS Franchise? Callen and Anna, Deeks and Kensi, Tony and Ziva, Nell and Eric, McGee and Delilah
Who is/are your favourite friendship/s in the NCIS Franchise? Basically every friendship Hetty and with her team. ❤ And every friendship with the OGNCIS team.
What do you miss the most about our finished shows? I miss Hetty's leadership, and her sense of humor, and her wisdom, and basically everything she brought to her team. And I also miss the epic teamwork and undercover cases her team did.
Favourite memory/memories from the NCIS Franchise shows? Soooo many memories! My all time favorite ones that I can name: Every epic Hetty moment, the LA wedding episode, the big milestone episodes NCIS had, including the most recent one, the 'Ziva is alive' arc from Season 17, Mcgee's wedding, the crossover episodes with LA, and many more!

~ Maria (Ladybird16)

What brought you to the NCIS Franchise board? I usually just come to post news on occasion but ive been a fan of the show(s) from the start

What do you love most about the NCIS Franchise? they are all great shows. great cast, fun banter between them and I enjoy watching them all.

What is/are your favourite show/s in the NCIS Franchise? NCIS and NCIS LA are my favorites.
hawaii and Sydney are my least favs. I dont even watch the Sydney show. I couldnt get past the first ep.

Who is/are your favourite character/s in the NCIS Franchise?
ncis - Dinozzo , Gibbs and McGee
ncis la - Sam. G, Deeks
Ncis nola- Sabastian and Pride

Who is/are your favourite couple/s in the NCIS Franchise?
ncis hawaii - kate and Lucy
ncis - dinozzo and tiva
ncis la - Deeks and Kenzi

Who is/are your favourite friendship/s in the NCIS Franchise?
I love all the friendships really on the shows

What do you miss the most about our finished shows?
I wish they would bring back ncis la that was my favorite. I miss seeing them all together and watching their characters grow. wish we had a better conclusion as to what happend with Hetti

Favourite memory/memories from the NCIS Franchise shows?
kenzi and deeks getting married

~ Jen (My Kind of Crazy)

Sam Hanna: "And this, you definitely didn't need to do this."
Jesse Boone: "That's what happens when you're part of this family."

What brought you to the NCIS Franchise board? I like having communities to discuss things, saw that this website I'd decided to join had a board for NCIS & I thought I'd see what the board was like while trying out & loving the show so quickly.
Favourite memory from your time posting on the NCIS Franchise board? Being here for the moments & shocks during the shows, especially NCIS. The fun we've had discussing these amazing shows.
What made you start watching the NCIS Franchise (or a specific show within the franchise)? People in school. In senior year we had a class where the teacher pretty much walked out & left us to do whatever at times & some friends & I would talk about different shows. They started talking about NCIS, & I was curious on what they were talking about so I decided to check it out. The first episode I watched was Kill Ari: Part 1 & I was hooked from that moment. I then proceeded to watch as much as I could in reruns, & obtain the DVDs so I could watch it all & catch up. All the other shows I started when they started, except LA. LA I only watched the first ep, didn't like it, so didn't keep going until seeing things posted on here about Densi & that encouraged me to give it a better chance. I then learned my lesson & gave the other shows more of a chance than one episode.
What do you love most about the NCIS Franchise? Its ability to keep making you feel, even after all these years. It surprises you, it gives you relatable & connectable characters. It is amazing.
What would you love to see happen in the future for the NCIS Franchise? The introduction of McGee's twins in person on screen other than just as little newborn babies. The photos he showed Ziva were not good enough. I'd like to see Tali, Morgan, & John all meet one day (Victoria can come too if she'd like). I'd also like them to bring back some of the characters from the cancelled shows so we can catch up with them & see them again. Them finding a way to resolve the Hetty storyline that LA ended with would be nice too.
What is/are your favourite show/s in the NCIS Franchise? NCIS
Who is/are your favourite character/s in the NCIS Franchise? McGee
Who is/are your favourite couple/s in the NCIS Franchise? McGee/Abby, McGee/Delilah, Kensi/Deeks, Lucy/Kate
Who is/are your favourite friendship/s in the NCIS Franchise? Tammy/Sebastian, Callen/Sam, McGee/Abby, Lucy/Kate/Ernie...
What do you miss the most about our finished shows? Tammy & Sebastian. LA in general.
Favourite memory/memories from the NCIS Franchise shows? I don't know if I can pick one My brain is going in so many places so nope, going to just not even try answer this one.

~ Chelle (shinebrigherxx)

What brought you to the NCIS Franchise board?
I was a lurker on for years, checking on the NCIS news & such before actively joining the board. I made a promise to myself that once I finish my degree I will start actively taking part of this board.

Favourite memory from your time posting on the NCIS Franchise board?
I enjoyed the Covid-times. Not the virus, and the lockdowns, but the part that this board was a safe haven, and a reminder that there are still people around, who go through the same situation.

What made you start watching the NCIS Franchise (or a specific show within the franchise)?
JAG. I grew up with watching JAG, so for me it was the backdoor pilot, and later on season 1. I still remember my initial thoughts on the backdoor pilot - and how much I wanted Gibbs to just leave Harm alone, he couldn't have done it.

What do you love most about the NCIS Franchise?
Over the past 20 years it has become a comfort franchise - whatever may happen in my real life - NCIS is always there. And for sure there was an episode or 2, which resonates with what I'm going through.

The other thing which makes this franchise special is the fact that all the actors & backstage crew want their shows to succeed, and the actors are supporting each other within the franchise.

What would you love to see happen in the future for the NCIS Franchise?
I have a few wishes - from finally seeing McGee's twins till hearing about some of the characters, which were part of the finished shows.

Within the OG, I would love to have Bishop back for a couple of episodes before the show ends for good, as I would love for her story to be completed at some point.

What is/are your favourite show/s in the NCIS Franchise?
NCIS & NCIS:Los Angeles with NOLA being a runner up.

Who is/are your favourite character/s in the NCIS Franchise?
NCIS: Ellie - loved her character from her first appearance, and I enjoyed her evolution. From an analyst to field agent, from being married to losing her fiance, she had it all. She also had close yet primarily none romantic relationships with the cast - not counting Torres - which makes her unique in that scene too.

NCIS LA: Deeks - still the best hiring decision the casting directors have ever made.

NOLA: Loretta, because she was the heart of that show from day one till it's last moment.

Who is/are your favourite couple/s in the NCIS Franchise?
McGee & Delilah: because they have the healthiest relationship from the OG team.
Densi - the best slowburn in the franchise, with showing them after marriage as well - which is a rare gift in television.

Who is/are your favourite friendship/s in the NCIS Franchise?
Tony & McGee : the best & most hilarious friendship of the OG. I enjoyed watching them for 13 years making fun if each other, while protecting each other.
Sam & Callen : they couldn't have done it all without the other. It was the genius of Hetty to pair them together.
Tammy & Sebastian : still miss them - they were the friendship goals of the franchise. they shared everything with each other, lived together while also respecting the other person's boundaries.

What do you miss the most about our finished shows? The fact that we never see or hear about them. It feels like that they have just vanished into tin air.
Favourite memory/memories from the NCIS Franchise shows? Too many moments to choose... but I still love the Christmas episode, where McBoZo ends up sleeping in Gibbs' house.

The SWAK episode with Kate & Tony going through it together.
Palmer talking on the ledger, or the Ducky tribute in general was masterfully done.
NCIS LA : Densi wedding.
NOLA : Anytime when the team was eating together & talking. Plus the Covid-episodes from Loretta's perspective - I cherished the humanity of those episodes.

~ Hanna (florrer)

"You gotta admit it has got a certain ring to it." - Michelle Mackey

Credit: shinebrighterxx

Credit: My Kind of Crazy

What do you say... you ready for your our next adventure?

★ JAG • NCIS • NCIS: LOS ANGELES • NCIS: NEW ORLEANS ★
★ NCIS: HAWAI'I • NCIS: SYDNEY • NCIS: ORIGINS • NCIS: TONY & ZIVA ★

OP/Banner: shinebrighterxx

shinebrighterxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2024, 05:10 AM
Senior Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Info Center
Star Trek

Congratulations on this milestone!

Lovely job on the OP. Loved reading the testimonials.
Old 06-01-2024, 06:02 AM
Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Jason Behr
Henry Cavill

Congrats on 15 years!

Lovely OP!
casey28
Enigma is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2024, 07:26 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Chris Pine
Zachary Levi

Congrats on 15 years.

Love the OP.
Old 06-01-2024, 07:44 AM
Extreme Fan

Fantastic OP! 🥳
Ladybird16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2024, 12:16 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
NCIS Franchise

OP looks amazing

Loved reading through the testimonials too.
It's crazy to thing that I started posting o this board almost exactly 5 years ago...
Old 06-01-2024, 10:19 PM
Graphics Team

Congratulations on fifteen years, that is incredible.
Old 06-02-2024, 12:52 AM
Moderator Support Team

Wow congratulations on 15 years truly amazing I love this franchise love this board well done everyone

Old 06-02-2024, 01:30 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Congratulations.
Awesome milestone!!!
I hope there will be many more years!!!
nuwanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2024, 08:23 AM
Moderator Support Team

congrats
awesome job with the OP
My Kind Of Crazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2024, 12:20 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Bridgerton
Heartstopper

wow 15 years is amazing, congrats
Old 06-02-2024, 02:10 PM
Moderator Support Team

Moderator of ...
Nancy Drew
Stargirl

Congrats on 15 years!!!
Old 06-02-2024, 03:13 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Congrats!

Leigh Tumblr
BlondieLeigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2024, 09:25 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Celebrities

Congrats on 15 years!
Old 07-05-2024, 05:52 PM
Graphics Team Manager

Thanks to everyone who stopped by to celebrate with us
shinebrighterxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top