Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 11-05-2014, 09:00 AM
Elite Fan

Chris

Regina used his own motto against him and Chris couldn’t help but laugh. His girlfriend was a spitfire through and through. “Nothing gets past you, does it?” Chris replied in a patronizing but playful tone of voice. It seemed one kitchen mistake was going to haunt him for the rest of his life. Regina wasn’t the only one who enjoyed the constant teasing. Henry and Devina also got their jollies making fun of Chris. Just last week Henry asked if he should call Smoky the Bear when Chris began to heat up a hot pocket. Lucky for them, the blonde doctor was laid back enough not to mind. If his funny mishaps brought his family joy and amusement, he was more than happy to be their punching bag. “Keep laughing but your time will come. You’ll have a blonde moment and I won’t let you live it down,” Chris joked. Regina smiled but it didn’t quite reach her eyes. Chris was about to ask what was wrong when she voiced her concerns. Regina had noticed Chris’ lack of magic since they moved in together and worried he disapproved of her practicing her craft. “Hey, you know I would never tell you how to live your life, right?” Chris asked soothingly, touching his hand to Regina’s cheek. “I am proud of you, magic or no magic. It’s just not my cup of tea is all.”

Nodding, the former Queen thanked him for not judging her and changed the subject. The focus was suddenly back on their alone time. Regina was thrilled to have Chris all to herself tonight. Devina and Henry meant the world to her, but their constant “ewws” and pleas to “get a room” were tiring. Perhaps boarding school would teach them a lesson, she joked. “I’ve heard good things about the schools in Switzerland,” Chris noted, playing along. The two of them laughed at the absurdity of the thought. No way in hell would either of them send their child away. It was simply out of the question. “I understand what you mean though. The little troublemakers are good at interrupting our active lifestyle…” Chris’ eyebrows wiggled up and down suggestively, hinting at what was to come after dinner. “I don’t know about you, but I can’t wait for dessert.” Regina’s eyes lit up, her powers of seduction radiating from her whether she meant for them to or not. It was going to take all the willpower Chris possessed to finish dinner without ravishing her first. Nothing could ruin the mood, or so Chris thought.

But then he and Regina started talking about Devina’s magic and all the warmth in the room slowly evaporated. It was replaced by an awkward tension Chris wanted to avoid. There was a reason he never spoke about his daughter’s powers or lack thereof. He had bound them for a reason. Regina didn’t agree with his decision though, which she made abundantly clear as she spoke about wanting to teach Devina who she really was. She was a witch and keeping that from her wasn’t wise. Her curiosity would get her into trouble just like it did Henry if they weren’t careful. “So she won’t find out,” Chris rebutted stubbornly. His jaw clenched tightly as he chewed his food, trying and failing to keep his displeasure under control. “I know you want to help but you don’t know what you’re talking about, Regina. Her mother had pure evil running through her veins when she was conceived and I wasn’t an upstanding wizard then myself. She was created from dark magic. I can’t risk unbinding her powers. It’s too dangerous.” Regina opened her mouth to protest but Chris held up a hand to stop her. He wasn’t finished yet. “Devina is a little girl. She’s not a witch and she never will be a witch. So let’s just drop it, okay?”
Old 11-05-2014, 10:31 AM
Moderator Support Team

Regina

"I am a very observant person" she shrugged her shoulders as she put some rise past her lips. It was true tho, nothing really did go past Regina and she knew that it could be annoying but thankfully Chris was a pretty laid back person and ever since she knew him she had changed for the better and wasnt as controlling as she used to be. her eyes widened slightly when he let her know that her time would come, that someday she would have a blonde moment and he wouldnt let her live it down "I will NEVER have a blonde moment, I am not born to ever experience such a thing" she said but her lips curved into a smile and even IF I would have-- what you call a blonde moment - you probably wouldnt notice" she shot back and stuck her tongue out, very unlike herself but he brought that out in her and she loved every part of her new persona. She was carefree now, enjoyed life, she had a family and was overall happy and all of that because she fianlly had what she always wanted. A family who loved her.

a laughed errupted from her lips as Chris mentioned their actve lifestyle "it wasnt that active in the past two weeks" she whispered and bend forward to kiss his lips "so you understand that I REALLY cant wait for dessert" she added and licked her lips. The mood tho, was gone as fast as it came and she had never heard Chris raising his voice. It was new and Regina had to admit that it shocked her a little. "You cant just let her not find out" she quoted him "one day she will, and she will be furious that you kept this from her. " she closed her mouth and took a couple of deep breaths when her boyfriend let her know that she had no idea what she was talking about "Excuse me? I very well know what I am talking about. My mother was pure evil. Cora did not even have a heart Chris. She was as evil as they come. I am sure Niamh would have gotten a run for her money with my mother. I was created from dark magic too and I had it run through my veins for years, but just because I chose to be evil. Devina wont automatically be evil just because you think she has some kind of evil spark inside of her. I turned my magic around. I chose to be a good witch and so could she Chris.. " she whispered but was stunned to silence when Chris was fairly set on Devina being nothing more than a little girl. She shook her head sadly and turned back towards her food, although her appetite was long gone.

Sophie Devereaux is the finest actress you've ever seen, when she's breaking the law.

LEVERAGE campaign

Old 11-05-2014, 12:00 PM
Elite Fan

Chris

Regina’s determination to tell Devina about her powers instead of hiding them from her was unexpected. Chris was angry, but more so confused to his very core. What right did his girlfriend have to tell him how to parent? Not once had he overstepped his bounds with Henry. He let Regina and Emma raise the boy how they saw fit and deserved the same courtesy. “You know, if I wanted your opinion I would have asked,” Chris stated with a scowl. He didn’t want this. He wanted a nice, romantic dinner followed by passionate lovemaking. Things between him and Regina were good and now this…magic…was messing everything up. Chris actually felt sick to his stomach as he listened to Regina tell him how wrong he was. She was stubborn and determined to be heard despite his protests. She understood Chris’ fears but his assumptions were unfair. She’d grown up with Cora as a mother and still managed to practice light magic. She was evil far longer than she was good, that was true, but it was because of her choices, not her genes. It wasn’t predestined for Devina to be an evil sorceress. People made their own destiny.

“She’s too young to risk it. Maybe when she’s eighteen I’ll feel differently but she doesn’t have a strong enough head on her shoulders to handle such a burden right now.” Sighing, Regina continued to insist that Devina could be a good witch. “Are you saying you know her better than I do?” Chris inquired haughtily. Regina shook her head in annoyance and stared at her half-eaten plate with a blank expression. She was upset. Normally, Chris would’ve done all he could to comfort her but this was different. She’d argued against his viewpoints and set this entire conversation in motion. If she couldn’t stand the heat then she needed to get out of the fire. “I know you care about her…but you aren’t her mother, Regina,” Chris declared, the final nail in the coffin of their tempestuous exchange. "So stop acting like it."
Old 11-05-2014, 12:13 PM
Moderator Support Team

Regina

Never in the whole time Regina had known Chris, she had ever seen him like this. Raising his voice was one thing but seeing the determined look in his eyes, was frightening. "Oh I did not know you had to ask me for my opinion. I am sorry that I thought we werent living in the 1950´s" she countered despleased with his tone of voice towards her. All she had wanted was for them to have a normal talk about this. Magic was part of the both of them. it made them who they were. and while Regina embraced being a witch, Chris decided not to practice magic at all. Of course that was his own cup of tea but to decide over Devinas head and not even giving her the possibility to decide on her own whiter she wanted to grow up as a with or not, was something she would never understand. Yes of course Devina was a little girl only 2 months shy of her eight birthday, but especially at a young age, the magic caught be taught easier.

Of course she understood where Chris was coming from, his past was somehow still dictating his present. He was still so set on the fact that he had been practiced dark magic for so long and had done so many evil things that having his daughter practice a craft that brought him this much displeassure was just too much for him to handle. But magic wasnt a bad thing if practiced right. Doing magic could help people, save them. They had done so themsevels. Shaking her head she let a soft sigh escaping her mouth. "No, no I dont know her better than you do, but at the moment i know magic a lot better than you do. and Magic is not as evil as you think" she whispered holding out her hand in front of her, opening her palm softly to conjure a single white lily just like he had done on one of their first dates. "Magic can be powerful just like love can be" she whispered but the delicate flower vanished in an instant when the unspeakable words left his lips. She was shocked to the core and her hands shook slightly as her eyes cast downwards "No. I am not" she mumbled quietly as she shrugged her shoulders defeated "and I never will be" she added before she disappeared in a purple cloud of smoke.

Sophie Devereaux is the finest actress you've ever seen, when she's breaking the law.

LEVERAGE campaign

Old 11-05-2014, 01:12 PM
Elite Fan

Chris

Chris regretted his choice of words the instant they left his mouth, but the damage was done. He’d hit Regina where it hurt, and for what? Because she was trying to help? Maybe Chris didn’t agree with her meddling but her concerns came from a good place. Chris wished he could turn back the clock and express his feelings differently…make Regina understand his frustrations and fears without being so cruel. Instead, he was sitting at the kitchen table watching the woman he loved suffer at his hand. Regina had been trying to explain that magic could be powerful in the most fantastic of ways. She’d shown him a lily, the same flower Chris had conjured for her on their first dates, to prove her point. It was meant to serve as a symbol of strength, to honor their supernatural gifts in a nonthreatening way, but Chris’ pride ruined it.

When he spat out that Regina wasn’t Devina’s mother she visibly recoiled. Pain infiltrated her eyes as she absorbed his insult. Her voice was laced with sadness as she accepted the truth. She was not Devina’s mother and never would be. “Regina,” Chris stammered, but it was too late to fix what was broken. Regina vanished in a cloud of purple smoke and Chris knew better than to follow after her when she was hurting. Regina needed time to cool off and honestly, so did he. Although Chris hated himself for hurting her he couldn’t apologize for his qualms about magic. He could apologize for the way he’d spoken to her though and he would. When she came back. If she came back. “She’ll come back,” Chris whispered to himself, trying and failing to convince himself it was true.

Snow White

Snow had been more than happy to pick Henry and Devina up for a fun outing with her and David. She understood the importance of date nights and the way Chris spoke, he and Regina were in desperate need of one. Emma was watching Neal to get some much needed brother/sister bonding time in, and the kids were positively giddy about seeing a movie. The promise of ice cream afterwards had them on their best behavior too. “I’m not sure how we got duped into an action movie, but if Regina asks we took them to an animated feature film,” Snow whispered to her husband with a sheepish grin. The movie they were seeing was PG -13 so it couldn’t be that bad, right? Snow didn’t exactly understand what movie ratings meant but Henry assured her they weren’t going to get into trouble. Snow just hoped trusting a teenager wouldn't come back to bite her in the butt.

“You guys pick out the best seats and I’ll be right back. I just want to call and make sure Neal took his bottle okay,” Snow explained to Charming and the children. They nodded their understanding and walked into the theater. Snow dialed Emma’s number and paced around the lobby, glancing out the window to watch townspeople passing by. It was oddly soothing. Then again, she had always enjoyed people watching. A brief chat with Emma put her new mother worries at ease and Snow was seconds away from joining her family at the movies when she caught sight of what looked to be Regina poofing into view. Her signature purple smoke was unmistakable. Maybe it wasn’t her business but Snow’s curiosity got the best of her the second she realized Chris wasn’t at Regina’s side. Snow left the theater in a hurry and crossed the street to where her former nemesis stood. “Regina?” she called out, frowning at the sight she saw next. Regina was crying. “What happened?” Snow asked, concern seeping into her usually calm voice. “Is Chris okay? Are you okay?”
Old 11-06-2014, 04:54 AM
Moderator Support Team

Regina

Before Regina could even think about where she really wanted to go, the purple smoke had engulfed her. Her mind raced as she tried to choose a place for her reappearance but came up blank. She had no place to go. Sighing she materialized just in the middle of town, and in the middle of the street to be exact. She looked around and stepped forward just as a car was about the cross the street. Loud honking and a variety of insults was hurt as she stepped onto the boardwalk. Only now did she feel the moisture on her face, realizing she was crying. She didn’t know when it had started, she just knew that she couldn’t stop. Her hands furiously wiped the tears away but they just kept coming. Of course she knew that she wasn’t Devinas mother, it’s not like she wanted to replace anyone, not even someone as evil as Chris´ first wife, but she thought them living together meant that eventually they would even take the next step and become more than just boyfriend and girlfriend and maybe somewhere down the line, she could be Devinas mother. Even if it was just by marriage, but Regina knew better than anyone that it wasn’t the blood relation that made anyone a mother.

Once again she looked up, wanting to check where the hell she even was when she heard Snow Whites voice. She hiccupped softly as she turned to the pixie haired brunette. In her earlier days here in Storybrooke she would have told her younger brunette to simple leave her alone but ever since then a lot had happened and a beautiful friendship had formed, and if Regina was honest with herself – she really needed a friend right now. Still she had no idea how she could form what just happened into words, building up a sentence that actually made sense. She swallowed hard, trying to calm her nerves down, willing the tears to finally stop. Regina was a strong woman, but even she couldn’t manage the flow to cease. Finally she just gave up and relented throwing her arms around Snow, something she had never done before “we… we had our.. first fight” she sobbed and it sounded redicilous to her own ears but she knew that Snow wouldn’t see it that way.

LEVERAGE campaign

Old 11-06-2014, 09:26 AM
Elite Fan

Snow

Snow White could count on one hand the number of times she’d truly seen Regina cry. Usually, unfortunately, it was linked to Henry being in harm’s way. But Regina and Emma’s son was safe at the movies so it couldn’t be that. No, this had to do with Chris. Snow could feel it in her bones. What she couldn’t determine was whether or not the man was hurt or if he’d somehow hurt Regina. If it was the latter, the doctor better start running because a large portion of the town would come after him. Snow would lead the charge herself if necessary. “Regina, hey, talk to me,” Snow begged. Her concern was only amplified by Regina’s silence. Tears continued to roll down the former Queen’s face as she fought to gain control of her emotions. “You’re scaring me,” Snow confessed, hoping her fears would be the push Regina needed to open up to her. Finally, Regina succumbed to her sobs. Even more surprising, she threw her arms around Snow.

“Hey, I’m here…you’re okay,” Snow assured her friend, holding her tightly. If she weren’t so worried Snow would’ve been reveling in how touched she was by Regina’s hug. Her stepmother had never sought her out for comfort before, not in such a raw and vulnerable way. It took a few minutes but eventually Regina explained what had her so upset. She and Chris had just experienced their first fight. “Oh, Regina,” Snow gasped in understanding, stroking the raven-haired beauty’s hair a few more times before leaning out of their embrace. “I’m so sorry. That can be…well, honestly, it’s the worst feeling. I thought my heart was going to cave in the first time David and I truly butted heads.” This wasn’t about her and Charming’s relationship though, so Snow was careful not to put the focus on her. She wanted to be there for Regina and help her through this any way she could. “What did the two of you argue about? If you don’t mind my asking. I’m sure it’s not as bad as you think it is…”

Last edited by Captivating; 11-06-2014 at 09:54 AM
Old 11-06-2014, 10:01 AM
Moderator Support Team

Regina

She nodded against Snows shoulders and noticed that the moisture was wetting her Jacket although she was sure that her friend didnt mind. "It surely is" she continued to sob before she finally after a full 5 minutes of a breakdown took stepped back from the younger woman once and for all drying her tears. "I am sorry Snow. I am not usually like that - as you know but, god I hate feeling this way" she admitted and slumped her shoulders. She listened to Snows words and when the pixie haired cut woman asked her what they had been arguing about, Regina once again felt sick to her stomach and let her eyes fall shut. "about magic" she finally releted "he bought Devinas magic when seh was a baby and... I asked him to maybe reconsider his decision. It all went downhill up from there" she whispered letting her hand run through her hair before she pinched the bridge of her nose "I should have just stopped talking when I saw his reaction to the topic, but I just couldnt. Somehow I always feel the way to defend magic. So I pushed him and I pushed too far" a shudder ran through her body again as she once again could hear his voice in her head, telling her that she didnt know his daughter. that she wasnt Devinas mother, implying that she never would be. Her heart clenched once again and she realized just how much she actually caved to one day be called mommy by the smart little girl. Tears sprung to her eyes again and Regina hated to appear weak. "Sorry to dump this all on you. I am sure you have better things to do than listening to my relationship problems. What are you doing here anyway? where are the kids?" she looked up alerted and with wide eyes.

LEVERAGE campaign

Old 11-06-2014, 12:30 PM
Elite Fan

Snow

Although Regina was clearly embarrassed by her public outburst, she had nothing to be sorry for. Even if she did, no one in Storybrooke dared judge her behavior. They were all guilty of making a scene some time or another. Curse or no curse, the town’s decision making skills could use some work. That was the beauty of humanity though. People could fail miserably, yes, but when they shined they really shined. “Nonsense. You can cry if you need to. There’s no shame in that,” Snow promised with an encouraging smile. “And if you don’t want to talk about it or, rather, can’t talk about it, that’s fine too.” Regina took a moment to consider her options and once she cleared her head, the words flowed freely. Her and Chris fought about magic. Devina’s magic, to be more specific. “I didn’t realize the girl had magic,” Snow admitted, her eyes wide with surprise. It was because Chris bound his daughters powers not long after she was born, Regina explained. Snow listened carefully as her friend gave more details about her lover’s quarrel. Regina thought her boyfriend was making a mistake keeping his child’s birthright from her. Instead of backing down when Chris expressed disinterest, she pushed the subject and it blew up in her face. Regina wasn’t sure why she needed to defend magic but it was something she felt passionately about. Unfortunately, Chris felt just as strongly about his opposing opinion.

“Oh, Regina, I’m so sorry. That is definitely a sensitive subject,” Snow agreed. Although magic was to blame for a lot of pain in Snow’s life, the fault truly lied with the people practicing the controversial craft. Evil wasn’t born, it was made. It was a reoccurring theme in the former bandit’s life. “You’ll get through it though. This is just a speed bump.” Regina shook her head, fresh tears springing to her eyes. It seemed there was more to the story. Something that made Regina truly fearful her relationship with the handsome doctor would not survive. Snow was about to ask what she was leaving out when Regina told her she shouldn’t be dumping her problems on her. “That’s what friends are for. Dump away,” Snow insisted. But Regina was distracted now. She’d finally realized Snow was not with Henry and Devina and wondered where the kids were. “Don’t worry, they’re okay. David has them. They’re watching a…kid’s movie,” Snow lied. Well, it was more a half-truth than a lie. She didn’t think now was a good time to discuss movie ratings and their appropriateness with Regina. Not when she was in so much pain. “You’re changing the subject though…why are you really so upset? A fight about magic sounds awful but it can’t be as damning as you think it is. I’ve seen the way Chris looks at you. He loves you, Regina. I don’t see that changing anytime soon…”
Old 11-06-2014, 12:50 PM
Moderator Support Team

Regina

sighing she looked up "Chris is not open about letting people know about Devina, scared she might find out. He will probably yell some more at me for telling you. Lets face it you arent the best at keeping secrets. This secret tho, needs to stay between you and me. Devina cant know, okay Snow?" she asekd touched the younger womans arm and looking into her eyes "Its important to keep this to yourself, I need to respect Chris decision and he just doesnt want his daughter get in touch with magic.

When the pixie haired brunette called their fight a speed bump, Regina couldnt help but scoff and a sad laugh escaped her lips "doesnt feel like it" she whispered whiping away a single traitor tear that had escaped her eyes although she had been willing her tear ducts to stay dry. Nodding she accepted Snows answer about Henry and Devina although she was sure she could detect a little lie in the words "kids movie" but she decided to let it slide this once. and well Snow White was right, she was changing the subject, clearly she had not been good enough wiht her distraction tho and so she cleared her throat, her heart once against constricting weirdly wehn she thought abotu the real reason she had been reduced to tears. Debating whiter or not let the last detail slip she finally relented "He told me I am not Devinas mother" she whispered "In a way that implied more than just the actual fact that I am not related to her." saying the words out loud hurt just as much as listening to them and she felt her breath catching in her throat "and it made me realize that... somewhere down the road... I really wanted to be"

LEVERAGE campaign

Old 11-06-2014, 02:01 PM
Elite Fan

Snow

Snow White was a lot of things, many of them far from perfect, but she wasn’t a snitch. When she told Cora Mills about Daniel she was a naïve child incapable of recognizing true evil. Cora manipulated her by preying on her greatest weakness – her love for her mother. Snow thought she was helping Regina and Cora mend their relationship but she was merely a pawn in a twisted power play. Regina may have blamed her for the loss of her beloved, but that didn’t make it true. Snow knew she was responsible to an extent but at her core she was not a tattle tale. She was loyal and true to those she loved, and even those she didn’t. “You have my word. What you’ve said here tonight stays between you and me, Regina. I won’t interfere.” Snow squeezed her friend’s hand in assurance. She wanted Regina to know she could trust her. Always. “Chris is lucky you have his back. I’m sure he’d appreciate that, even if the two of you are fighting right now,” Snow pointed out. Regina might not feel like her disagreement with Chris was a speed bump, but Snow was positive that’s all it was. She had faith in the couple.

“Now tell me what else happened,” Snow requested once more, her voice gentle but her expression firm. She didn’t want Regina to keep her emotions bottled up inside. It wasn’t healthy. “You can tell me. I’m not going to judge anything you say.” Regina nodded, her voice cracking as she spoke. What had really broken her heart was the fact that Chris told her she wasn’t Devina’s mother. It wasn’t even what he said, but the way he said it. His declaration was so rude and final. Worst of all, it made Regina realize just how badly she wanted Devina to be a part of her family one day. Deep down she wanted to mother the little girl who had never truly known a mother. Now that hope seemed…well, foolish. “Regina,” Snow gasped, briefly at a loss for words. The vulnerability of the Queen’s confession nearly brought her to tears herself but she couldn’t cry too. Snow had to be strong for her friend. “What Chris said, it was harsh but it seems to me like it came from a place of fear. He’s been playing dad and mom for so long, he probably doesn’t know how to let someone else in. I’m not defending his actions…I’m not…I just want you to know it doesn’t mean he doesn’t desire the same thing some day. He’s probably just scared to let himself want that for Devina.” Snow pulled Regina into another hug, praying she’d listen to her advice and not allow her trademark stubbornness to take over. “You two just need to talk about it some more. You can’t shut each other out or run away when things get heated. Even if it’s easier. Especially when it’s easier.”
Old 11-07-2014, 01:30 AM
Moderator Support Team

Regina

She nodded softly at her former enemy now friend, trusting the woman this time. Snow wasnt a naive Child anymore, she was a grown up woman who knew what she was doing. "I would always have his back even if I do not agree. If he doesnt want Devina to learn magic, if he wants her not to even know she was born a witch I accept that, maybe I should even tone down using my own magic around her. After all its me who made her curious about how magic works." she admitted but she really hadnt thought much of it. She didnt use magic freely but she also wasnt opposed to it, so somtimes ist just happened that instead of switching on the lights via lightswitch she just magically turned them on - among other things.

The raven haired beauty looked up when Snow finally reacted to what she had just told her, trying to explain that Chris had not really meant it the way he said it and that he was probably afraid to let someone else in. He had been parenting Devina for so long, not having or needing any other input that he had gotten used to it. Sighing Regina looked up "I know.." she whispered and bit her lip. "I just, I value his opinion when it comes to Henry, and although he always makes sure not to overstep any boundaries, letting Emma and I decide how we are raising Henry, I still ask him for advice. I want him to be involved in Henrys life, want him to help me raise him. Henry has two mothers but he could use some male figure teaching him things and giving him advice about stuff that Emma and I just dont know anything about. Dont get me wrong but I dont think Hook is the "to go to" person for our son. He might be cool but he is not responsible. I just want to have the same privilege in Devinas life. She never had a mother, never had a female figure to turn to. I want to be that person for her but now, that thought seems foolish"

She returned the offered hug from the other person as she once again let a soft sigh escape her lips. She knew that Snow was right of course. They couldnt always run when things got messy "I know.. it was a spur of the moment kind of thing. I just saw red and disappeared. But I will go back and talk to him - after I cleared my head some more. Thank you for everything Snow, but you should go back in, I am sure that "kids movie" is about to start" she told her friend with a soft wink as conjured herself a coat, realizing just how cold it was. "I will be fine. We will be fine. But I appreciate your concern and the advice you have given me" seh whispered before walking away. It was going to be a long walk but she needed this time to figure things out.

She had been walking for almost half an hour when she passed teh cemetery, frowing when she noticed the light coming from her vault. That was the last thing she needed. Some bulgar breaking in to steal some magical property. With a determined look she walked over to the small building and tore open the door.

LEVERAGE campaign

Old 11-07-2014, 08:56 AM
Elite Fan

Chris

It took Chris all of five minutes to go after Regina. He wasn’t sure how to make her see how sorry he was, or what he could possibly say to fix this, but Chris needed to try. Avoiding the woman he loved in wake of the fight they just had was too dangerous. Chris’ heart screamed at him to apologize now before Regina’s anger had time to fester. “I’m a colossal idiot,” the hurting doctor mumbled under his breath as he searched for his coat. As soon as he found it Chris teleported himself into Regina’s vault. It was the one place she often sought solace, but when Chris materialized in her sacred hideout he was met with an eerie silence. “Regina?” the heartbroken blonde called, receiving no answer. Chris searched every corner of the vault until he was forced to face the truth. Regina hadn’t come here. Perhaps she didn’t want to be found by him. A physical ache took over Chris’ chest as he dropped to the floor and struggled to draw breath. What if she was gone for good? What if his words cut her too deeply? The thought of resuming his life without Regina in it was unbearable. Chris actually thought his heart might be breaking as he sat alone with his grief.

Quiet sobs racked his chest as the man who only cried at Devina’s birth lost it. With his head buried in his legs, Chris didn’t hear the door to the vault open. He only looked up once footsteps echoed off the cemented walls. His weary eyes came to rest on Regina’s shadow seconds later. Chris knew it was her before she came into focus. Regina seemed surprised to see him, annoyed even, which he understood. Shame clouded Chris’ face and his shoulders sagged in defeat. “I was looking for you,” he stated hesitantly. “I am so sorry.” It was not the eloquent, pleading speech Chris had in mind when he raced after Regina but it was the simple truth. Chris pushed himself off the cold tile floor in an attempt to look stronger than he was. How was he supposed to be Regina’s rock, to grovel and promise her the world, if he couldn’t even stand tall? It was a difficult illusion to uphold but Chris needed Regina to forgive him. He wanted her to focus on his words and not how broken his soul was over the whole ordeal. “I should have never spoken to you the way that I did. It was selfish. I just automatically see red when it comes to magic and Devina…but that isn’t fair.”

Last edited by Captivating; 11-07-2014 at 09:16 AM
Old 11-07-2014, 10:19 AM
Moderator Support Team

Regina

She tore the old stone door open but instead of being met with rustling sounds she was met with the sound of crying. it sounded strange to her own ears as she made her way over to the figure slumped on the ground. When she recognized Chris she almost gasped and a flicker of surprise reached her eyes. "Chris" she whispered softly and when he finally looked up at her she could see the red rimmed eyes and the blotchy nose, indicating that he had been there, crying his heart out for quite awhile. So she hadnt been the only devastated one, Snow was right. What a shock. When the blonde finally admited that he had been looking for her, her face softened and she sighed "I teleported myself into the middle of the town." she shook her head "I had no real place to go so I apprently materilized right in front of the towns movie theater" she explained shutting up when Chris told her how sorry she was. Biting the bottom of her lip she could feel her heart race and tears stining in the corner of her eyes "I am sorry too" she finally managed to breath out as she waited for him to stand up, knowing how important it was to him to face her, to look into her eyes as they talked. She listened to him and nodded "Its fine Chris, I should not have pushed you, I just have just accepted your way of seeing things. You are Devinas father and you know best. And like you said, I am not her mother" it still hurt saying it and her heart clenched anew with unspoken feelings. "Maybe somewhere down the road, in a year or two you might reconsider you words. I dont want to replace Niamh but I love that little girl as my own and I will still do everything in my power to protect her, to love her and maybe someday this will be enough for you" a tear slipped down her cheek and she furiously wiped it away. She did not want to appear weak right now. "Snow said, that you are afraid to let someone in, that you feel scared of wanting something like that for Devina. Just know that I wont stop trying until you see that I am worth of you letting me in. I love you. You, henry and Devina are my family. That will never change"

LEVERAGE campaign

Old 11-07-2014, 01:15 PM
Elite Fan

Chris

Chris hated hearing Regina confess how alone she felt, like she had nowhere to go after their argument ended. Her emotions were so heightened and raw she had randomly materialized in the middle of town. Right in front of the movie theater to be exact. Chris thought it must’ve been a sight to see, probably even mysterious or alarming to Storybrooke’s straight-laced residents, but now wasn’t the time for a joke. “I’m sorry,” he repeated, wishing Regina wouldn’t have felt the need to run away from him. Chris had clearly shocked her with his anger and maybe even scared her. He couldn’t be sure, but it felt awful all the same. He wanted Regina to fall into his arms when she was upset but, then again, he never imaged he’d be the reason she was hurting. “I’m an idiot,” Chris concluded with a shaky breath. He was trying to hard to keep it together but seeing the tears in his girlfriend’s eyes made it difficult. Suddenly, Regina was the one apologizing and Chris was furrowing his brow in confusion. “Wait, what?” he asked in disbelief, certain he’d hallucinated. “You have nothing to be sorry for,” Chris promised, but Regina was determined to speak her peace. She wanted Chris to know how much she regretted going up against his parenting choices. It wasn’t her place to tell him to unbind his daughter’s magic, no matter what she believed. Chris knew what was best for Devina. If she had accepted that and not pushed him, well, they wouldn’t be standing in her vault crying right now. The fact of the matter was Regina wasn’t Devina’s mother so she didn’t have a say.

Chris swallowed hard, guilt closing in on him from every possible angle. “I never should have said that,” he revealed, shaking his head in disappointment. Chris was embarrassed by his behavior, truly. His words had clearly tormented Regina and it was torture watching her struggle. When she admitted to wanting to parent Devina one day…maybe a year or two in the future if Chris allowed her to…the doctor smiled through his tears. “I want that too,” he confessed. Regina told him she’d run into Snow outside the theater and was given some insight into his actions. Snow thought Chris was scared of letting someone mother his child. It was a big step and Chris had been alone for so long. “Hmm, Archie better watch his job. Snow is pretty perceptive,” Chris replied. He’d thought about the reason he snapped at Regina over the last half hour and come to the same conclusion. He was terrified of Regina leaving him, realizing she could do better, but more than that he didn’t want to give Devina a mother figure only to have such a precious gift taken away. Chris instinctively reached out to cup Regina’s face in his hands when she told him she’d keep trying to win his approval. She wanted Chris to think her worthy of Devina because Devina, Henry, and him were her family now. That wasn’t going to change. Not ever.

“Listen to me, you’re more than worthy. You’re…I honestly feel like you’re a dream, Regina. I hoped, but I didn’t actually think, I’d be blessed enough to have a woman like you come into my life. I could interview every potential wife and mother in all the realms and still not find someone as perfect as you are for the Andrews family.” Chris lowered one hand from Regina’s cheek and wrapped it around her waist, closing the remaining space between them. Chris held her tightly, silently, for a few minutes to allow his words to sink in. “I love you,” he whispered, finally answering his body’s call to kiss Regina like she’d never been kissed before. “I want you to make decisions about Devina with me now, not one or two years from now. I want to wake up next you every morning and lie down beside you every night. I want to do life with you, Regina, not just half-way but all the way. Marry me…”

Last edited by Captivating; 11-07-2014 at 01:21 PM