Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 09-27-2004, 05:18 PM
Elite Fan

Boston Public-A Myoc Rp

Boston Public

There Is Only One True Way To Know Who Is A Survivor And Who Is A Failure. And That Is..He Who Survives High School Can Survive Anything.

Welcome to Boston Public High School. With a unusual large drop out rate, daily acts of violence, fights, guns, knives...pretty much any act of violence is a daily occurance in this large high school. The school is a place where most parents usually try everything they can to make sure their child does not have to deal with the activities that happen at Boston Public. But of course, not everyone can afford private school, so some students are forced to spend four years of their lives in this school.

A high school in a small town, some consider hell...imagine attending a school as dangerous as Boston Public, a school that now has medal detectors, police officers searching students daily, the students being forced to wear their school ID around their necks, and if your ID is not around your neck the teacher that spots you has the choice of either suspending you, giving you detention or sending you to the principal where he will decide what to do.

Benevolence alone will not make a teacher, nor will learning alone do it. The gift of teaching is a peculiar talent, and implies a need and a craving in the teacher himself.
-John Jay Chapman, Memories and Milestones

Of course, as many people usually pay attention to the students, they fail to think about the teachers in this situation. Yes, some of them well many of them seem rough around the edges. Mean, Bossy, Hard, Cold, Cruel...but the only reason they seem this way is because they feel so passionate about their job that they do not want to send uneducated students out into the real world to only fail misrably. They want to do whatever they can to mold these naieve children into succesful people who will hopefully make something of themselves.

Of course, in a school like Boston Public (BPHS) if the teacher does not have a rough exterior, then chances of survival are slim. Students do manage to sneak their weapons into school, the rules do not stop them from fighting, teachers have been known to on occassion get attacked, hurt..but then again if there were no pain, both physical and mental..then really it is worth nothing.

Plot:

Imagine attending a high school as dangerous as this. This roleplay takes place in Boston Mass. A city that is getting even more dangerous then ever before. With parts like Mattapan (which has a very high murder rate), you must be able to handle yourself in any situation to survive in this school. This roleplay is about the students and teachers of this high school. And what they will do...to protect themselves. The lengths they will go...to keep themselves and each other safe from everyday violence.
-------------------------------------------------------

Rules:

[img]smilies/star.gif[/img] yes. I know. Rules were made to be broken. But not in this case. You break these rules I break you. That is rule number one.
[img]smilies/star.gif[/img] rule number two: Boy/Girl rule. Student/Teacher. You can take as little as two to as many as six characters. Even amounts. For example: if you take six you have to have three teachers and three students. Simple.
[img]smilies/star.gif[/img] NO ONE LINE POSTS. You do a one line posts...the consequences will be so bad I have yet to think of it. But I will. Oh I will.
[img]smilies/star.gif[/img] Profiles in ASAP. I mean it. ASAP. AS SOON AS POSSIBLE. If you can do it right when you join then yay!
[img]smilies/star.gif[/img] Rule number whatever number this is...make sure when you do your profiles the subject is BOLDED for example NAME see? subject. BOLDED. Simple.
[img]smilies/star.gif[/img] yes one more. when you post your spots type in the word frog. that way i will know that you read the rules.
--------------------------------------------------------

Spots:

unlimited

Otep:Guy Pearce(music), Milo Ventigmila, Alex Vartkavazs, Adrianne Leon, two others

======

Profile:

Name:first. middle in ** or (), last.
Year:for students only. clearly. Freshman-Senior
Subject:for teachers only. there can be as many as two teachers teaching the same subject.
Personality:please make a few lines. 5 to eight lines. More would be lovely. I want to be able to understand your characters.
History:see above. Make as interesting as possible.
Relationships:friends. enemies. lovers. whatever your little heart desires. TBA till all profiles are in of course.
Taken By: your FF name.
Played By:and a pic. PLEASE make them LOOK their age. Angelina Jolie or Vin Diesel as a high school student? no no no no no.

-------------------------------------------------------
I'm Shellie's new boyfriend, and I'm out of my mind. You ever so much as talk to Shellie again, you even think her name, and I'll cut you in ways that'll make you useless to a woman.-My Superman, Dwight
Old 09-27-2004, 06:55 PM
Dedicated Fan

Ribbit? Frog.

Four spots; the only PB I know right now is Jennifer Garner.
And let's get messed up and listen to possibly
The best mixtape I have

- butch walker, "mixtape"
Old 09-27-2004, 07:15 PM
Master Fan

hop hop hop goes the FROG

two please:

teacher - Jeff Foxworthy (shop)
not sure about my girl yet. i might go find new pictures of Amber Tamblyn or maybe use some degrassi girl. I don't know yet.

Just so you know, I wouldn't give it up, no.
Jason Morgan & Sam Mccall
Old 09-27-2004, 07:51 PM
Part-Time Fan

I hate frogs.

Alicia Minshew (French) and, um. Andrew St. John.

Bianca/Maggie -- Craig/Paige -- Haley/Chris -- JR/Kendall.
Old 09-27-2004, 08:54 PM
New Fan

Teacher: Colin Farell(English)
Student: Emily Van Camp

Hey! It's Kermit the Frog!

Willow: "I mean, why else would she be acting like such a b-i-t-c-h?"
Giles: "Willow, I think we're all a little too old to be spelling things out."
Xander: "A bitka?"
Old 09-27-2004, 09:27 PM
Elite Fan

Rana.

Chris O'Donnell (remaking my evil teacher from that ... one RP! Whee!) and ...

Amber Tamblyn.
When she finally said "yes, it's really goodbye this time."
Old 09-27-2004, 10:01 PM
New Fan

Name: Peyton Michaels
Year: Freshman
Personality: Peyton is your typical girl next door. She is sweet, smart, kind and always there to lend a helping hand. Although, she is nice, she has this other sarcastic side she uses as a defense mechanism. She is very independent and thinks for herself. She isn’t governed by what the latest fashion is or which band is the flavor of the week. She does what she wants and doesn’t really care what people think about her. Some people call her a loser or an outcast, and yes, she ignores them, but after a while it just wears thin. She loves reading and writing and hopes to do something with that some day.
History: Peyton has lived in Boston all of her life. Her father, Jack, has taken care of her since she was born. He and her mother had Peyton had her when they were only 16. Jack was very supportive the entire time. Peyton grew up relatively nice. They lived in a fairly nice neighborhood. Peyton’s mother left when she was 11. She comes back every now and then and stirs up trouble and then leaves.
Peyton pretends that it doesn’t bother her, but it hurts to know that your mother doesn’t want to be around you. Jack put his way through school and he became an English teacher at Boston Public, where he has been teaching for the last few years. Peyton is now starting high school and couldn’t be more terrified. Boston Public doesn’t have the best rep. And even though it makes her father sick that she must attend that school, he knows that he can watch out for her more easily. Peyton has a few friends that go to the school too…but once you enter high school…everything changes.
Relationships: TBA
Taken By: DngosAteYourBaby
Played By: Emily Van Camp

Name: Jonathan *Jack* Michaels.
Subject: English
Personality: Jack is one of the nicest guys you could ever meet. He has had to deal with a lot in his life and he feels like he has come off on top. He has a good job, although it is dangerous, a beautiful daughter, who isn’t into anything bad. What else could he ask for? He isn’t that big of a hard ass at school. He tries to be fair. Now he gives homework every night, but he tries to make it fun and hopes that most people think it is. Jack only has one weakness, his love for his daughter, you hurt her and you had better watch out.
History: Jack came from a middle class family. He met Valerie when he was 15. They immediately fell in love and this would be the case for the next year, when Valerie gave birth to their child, Peyton at the age of 16.
Jack‘s parents were of course extremely upset…but, what was he supposed to do. Jack hadn‘t even talked to his parents until that day when Peyton was born. But as they all looked at the baby girl, all their sadness and problems melted away and they became a family again.
Jack was able to finish school, but Valerie was growing tired of this life and one night she just left. Jack was devastated, but he had Peyton to take care of and that was enough. Jack became a teacher at Boston Public. He knows that it‘s not the best place, but he has faith that he can help the kids. He is a little worried about his daughter starting high school there, but he is glad that he‘ll be able to look out for her..
Relationships: TBA
Taken By: DngosAteYourBaby
Played By: Colin Farell

Willow: "I mean, why else would she be acting like such a b-i-t-c-h?"
Giles: "Willow, I think we're all a little too old to be spelling things out."
Xander: "A bitka?"

Last edited by DngosAteYourBaby; 09-29-2004 at 08:27 AM
Old 09-28-2004, 01:17 AM
Supreme Fan

Okay, two spots Erica, you ignorant frog

A girl for my teacher... don't know who the pb is yet, but her subject is criminal law/psychology and Shia LaBeouf for my guy

I'll probably take more later too but this'll do for right now
I never understood the expression 'Why buy the cow when you can get the milk for free'... why the hell would you buy a cow when you've never tasted the milk? I mean, HONESTLY, what if the milk was sour? How do you even know it's a milk cow?!
Old 09-28-2004, 01:18 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by FAIT_Accompli
Rana.

Chris O'Donnell (remaking my evil teacher from that ... one RP! Whee!) and ...

Amber Tamblyn.
good thing I decided not to use Amber

Old 09-28-2004, 01:22 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
good thing I decided not to use Amber
Shit! I totally missed that.
When she finally said "yes, it's really goodbye this time."
Old 09-28-2004, 01:29 AM
Elite Fan

you used Kermit. i LOVE you for that.

anyways...everyone has spots I'll add you soon. thanks for joining.
I'm Shellie's new boyfriend, and I'm out of my mind. You ever so much as talk to Shellie again, you even think her name, and I'll cut you in ways that'll make you useless to a woman.-My Superman, Dwight
Old 09-28-2004, 01:30 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by FAIT_Accompli
Shit! I totally missed that.
if I desperatly wanted her we could do the twin thing but it's cool i've decided on one of the olsen twins.

Old 09-28-2004, 01:40 AM
Supreme Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Shiri S
if I desperatly wanted her we could do the twin thing but it's cool i've decided on one of the olsen twins.
That's what I was going to do (take an Olsen twin) if I decided to take four characters... we must all think alike
I never understood the expression 'Why buy the cow when you can get the milk for free'... why the hell would you buy a cow when you've never tasted the milk? I mean, HONESTLY, what if the milk was sour? How do you even know it's a milk cow?!
Old 09-28-2004, 01:46 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by AlienK
That's what I was going to do (take an Olsen twin) if I decided to take four characters... we must all think alike
that's weird. it's so hard to find pictures of them alone though.

Old 09-28-2004, 02:03 AM
Master Fan

*ribbet* frog.

I can't resist, Erica

Can I get two spots please?
Teachers: Evangeline Lilly & Johnny Depp
Students: Leslie Bibb & Mark Blucas

[Lois/Clark] [Michael/Sara] [Veronica/Logan] [Sydney/Vaughn] [Jack/Kate] [Alex/Izzy] [Chase/Cameron] [Kimber/Christian] [Phoebe/Cole]

[Journal] [Angel-Rays] [Operation Piggy Bank]
[Team Addison]