Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 04-14-2005, 09:18 PM
Passionate Fan

| The Ares Project | - PYOC

This rp is inspired by Dark Angel and Violet Eyes by Nicole Luiken.

VERY IMPORTANT: Do NOT join this rp if you don’t plan on posting regularly and having fun. It’s a waste of everyone’s time if you join and then you don’t post.

RULES:
B/G
no one liners
proper grammar
read the profiles CAREFULLY and obey them

In the year 2089, after The Great War which decimated all of the world and technology, a scientist by the named Dr. Arthur Lyons began to do the unthinkable. He formed a secret facility called the Gate, and he went against the laws of man and God and created six genetically engineered soldiers which he named The Ares Project in honor of the god of war Ares. The six children (Zan, Rannon, Keema, Kidada, Lex, and Ty) are wired to be geniuses, to be masters of martial arts, to withstand disease and pain, to heal quickly, to run faster, jump higher, and see farther than any human being.

As the children get older they suspect that something is wrong at The Gate. They begin going on missions where they are ordered to steal and murder. They eventually over hear a conversation, finding out that Dr. Lyons plans to sell them one by one to the highest bidder.

They barely escaped and now they are on the run from Dr. Lyons who cannot let his secret be known.

Now they are trying to live outside of The Gate and they have to adjust to the outside world and people who aren't like them. They haven't told anyone who and what they really are because people are afraid of the genetically engineered.

They are determined to stay together and end up taking up residence in an abandoned apartment building in a now decimated Los Angeles. They have people around them who are human that they have tried to have normal relationships with while trying to keep their secret.

Just a side note, I know there are relationships in this rp, but please try to make sure that is not the only thing this rp is about, I also want it to be about the story. Thanks.

SETTING:

The Apartment:
The apartment is very rundown. There is power supplied by a generator that is illegally running. There are many tenants, including the Ares kids.

To make sure you read the profiles I'm going to put some obligatory words in the profiles, before you can have a spot you have to tell me what the words are. Just so you know, there will be three words.

Characters:
Name: Dr. Arthur Lyons (normal human)
Played By: Sean Connery

Taken By: AliasUnknown
He is very charming and it good at talking his way in and out of things. He is ruthless and only wants what is good for him. He always has a back-up plan and usually people never see it coming.

Name: Zan (Ares)
Played By: Jaime King

She is the youngest of the six of them. She is a fireball and she excels in martial arts. She has always been in love with Rannon. Her best friend is Keema. mayonnaise She is often treated like the baby, which she resents. She's not shy about being in the new world, and that often scares Rannon who is very protective of her.

Name: Rannon (Ares)
Played By: Jensen Ackles

Taken By: CherryChica87
He is the leader of the group. He is the one they all run to with their problems. He is closest with Zan, although he’s not sure if he wants to take their relationship to the next level because he knows it's something Dr. Lyons could try to use against him.

Name: Keema (Ares)
Played By: Michelle Rodriguez

Taken By: TVGEEK
She is the mother of the group who doesn't take any crap. She and Kidada are twins, but they do not get along. Keema and Zan are best friends. peanuts Keema is very rowdy and doesn't mind getting tough if she has to, she knows it's the best way to get her point across. She's in love with Garrett, she just hasn't told him yet.

Name: Kidada (Ares)
Played By: Jessica Alba

Taken By: zania1
Kidada is the beauty and the b*tch of the group. She is a very sexual and doesn't mind using her assets to get what she wants. She won't admit it to herself, but she has fallen for Lex. She doesn't want anyone to know, though, cause it could ruin her reputation.

Name: Lex (Ares)
Played By: Tom Welling

Taken By: TVGEEK
He is the brain of the group. He is all about computers and hacking. He is also very quiet usually, but when he does talk, it is something really important. Lex and Garrett are best friends. He has a crush on the clueless Kidada.

Name: Ty (Ares)
Played By: Trent Ford

He is a clown. He is also into Kathleen. He is good at disguises and accents. He is best friends with Rannon. Ty likes being out of the Gate, but he misses the stability. He hopes the Ares kids can stay close outside of their former prison.

Name: Kathleen (normal human)
Played By: Keira Knightley

Taken By: CherryChica87
She is one of the few "normal" people that the Ares kids have let themselves get involved with. She lives in the old abandoned hotel the Ares kids have decided to live in. She has a crush on Ty. She's very outgoing and spontaneous, she likes to have a good time.

Name: Garrett (normal human)
Played By: Jared Padalecki

Taken By: SummerNights
He works at the auto shop where Ty and Rannon have gotten jobs. He has a crush on Keema, though he's afraid to act on it because Keema is so independent. cherries He's never met a woman who knows how to take care of herself like Keema.

Name: Kasha
Played By: Mandy Moore

Taken By: SummerNights
Kasha is one of Lyons' experiments. She is the mixture of a lionness and a human. Kasha is faster and has better reflexes than an Ares. She is on the hunt for them. She is in love with her partner Adrien, but cannot tell him for fear of Lyons. She's not necessarily evil, she's just working for the man who's paying her.

Name: Adrien
Played By: Jonathan Rhys Meyers

Taken By: zania1
Adrien is a mixture of a hawk and a human. He can hear better and see farther than an Ares. He's attracted to Kasha, but he doesn't know if it's love. He doesn't know what love is. He straddles the line between good and evil. He wants to be on the side that wins.

Last edited by AliasUnknown; 04-15-2005 at 10:38 PM
Old 04-14-2005, 09:24 PM
Elite Fan

Kidada the beauty the b*tch, and sexual

Adrien-He is inbetween good and evil, doesn't know what love is, and wants to be a winner.
Old 04-14-2005, 09:54 PM
Passionate Fan

Thanks. I'm glad I got someone who read the profs. Every time I do this one, people never read the profs. You got your characters.
Old 04-14-2005, 10:23 PM
Extreme Fan

Can I have Garrett Who works at the autoshop and
Kasha who is a lioness and human
Old 04-15-2005, 03:48 AM
Master Fan

Rannon and Kathleen please!

"The cool points are out the window and you got me all twisted up in the game"-Bringing Down the House
Old 04-15-2005, 07:49 AM
Loyal Fan

can i play lex and keema please.

i'm bad at finding hidden messages and stuff but i swear i read the profiles. please dont hate me i'm just way out of it (i had a term paper due this morning so most of my night was spent suped up on caffiene and twizzlers). please forgive me.

(btw i found peanuts in keema's profile if that means anything)

"I love... her" "I love you too" "I know"
Name's Ashley LJ // icon // lilykat!
Old 04-15-2005, 10:27 AM
Passionate Fan

It's okay...I believe you...I'm adding you all and I'll start this later tonight.
Old 04-15-2005, 01:48 PM
Loyal Fan

YAY! Thank you so much!

"I love... her" "I love you too" "I know"
Name's Ashley LJ // icon // lilykat!
Old 04-15-2005, 07:28 PM
Master Fan

Keema and Lex
Old 04-15-2005, 10:36 PM
Passionate Fan

Sorry Maxi, TVGEEK already asked for Keema and Lex....when this thing has to be started over again, which I know it will, I'll reserve them for you.
Old 04-15-2005, 10:56 PM
Passionate Fan

Setting: All of the Ares kids are in their apartment, getting ready to start another day. They always start the day of with a debriefing given by their unofficial leader Rannon. Lyons, Kasha, and Adrien are at the new Gate headquarters plotting what to do next.

Zan
The makeshift gym we created in the old storeroom had become my haven as of late. It seemed that I had a lot more aggression than usual since we had escaped from The Gate. If I had to be truthful with myself, it was because I finally had the perfect oppurtunity to tell Rannon about my feelings and be with him, yet I was too chicken to do anything about it.

He had been my best friend since I was born. Though we had more teachers than any scholar could ever dream of, Rannon had been the one who really taught me things. He taught me how to fight, helped me learn my multiplication tables, helped me remember the periodic tables. He had been a constant pillar of my life.

And yet now that I want to lean on him more than ever, I can't. I wouldn't admit it to anybody, but being out in the real world, with no working knowledge of real life was a scary thing. We had undergone war simulations, escape simulations, you name it, we did it. But they were just simulations. They weren't the real thing. And we never learned how to wash dishes, or clothes, or buy groceries, or work a job that didn't require using a foreign language, combat, or disguise.

I heard commotion downstairs in the apartment and knew it was about time for the morning debrief. I wiped the sweat of my forehead and gave the bag in front of me a swift kick, pretending it was Lyons. I hated the man and what he had done to us.

I went downstairs and into the living room, a smug smile on my face. We had escaped the bastard, and now we were on our own. I was thankful for that as I waited for everyone to join me in the living room.

Ty
I padded down the questionably safe steps in my pajamas. One good thing about finally being out from under Lyons thumb was the fact that I didn't have to wear a uniform every morning. I could wear anything I wanted, express myself how I chose.

In the Gate we had all worn gray cargos, black boots, and a white t-shirt. Efficient, dull, and boring as hell. In the real world there were much more exciting things to see, like V-neck shirts that a lot of the girls walking down the streets seemed to prefer.

I smiled at Zan as I entered the living room. She seemed to be adjusting well to our new surroundings. I knew i sure as hell was. First, I was in love with the girl next door. Literally. Kathleen was gorgeous, genetically unmucked, and smart. I couldn't stop thinking about her. The only thing was that she didn't really know who I was. She had no clue I was a genetically altered human, and I wasn't going to tell her.

But I shook my head, I didn't want to think about it...or Lyons. I just wanted to the meeting to start, so it could end, so I could then go see if Kathleen wanted to do something.

ZAN AND TY ARE OPEN

Lyons
I sat at my computer, trying desperately to recover any of the files that I had lost in the explosion at the Gate. I slammed my fists down hard on the desk. Those damn kids are going to pay, I thought to myself. I had created them, and look at what they had done. A lifetime of work and commitment flushed down the toilet.

At least I had Adrien and Kasha. They were good for something. The only two of my genetic combining experiments to go right. The only two who did not die. They were my only hope of finding the Ares children and getting them back to the Gate.

I pushed the comm button, "Adrien, Kasha, my office please." I summoned the two of them, it was time to start my plan.

TAG ADRIEN AND KASHA
Old 04-16-2005, 01:36 AM
Master Fan

Sorry Chrissy, I only checked the first post. Please do PM me when this thing restarts. Also I'm sorry I was so late to realize it had started again.
Old 04-16-2005, 09:48 AM
Elite Fan

Adrien

I hear Lyons call for me and Kasha. I knew that this was going to be bad. We were the good ones...sometimes I wished I had escaped too. I wondered what life would be like being completely free...but at the same time I knew that I was different, I was different then anyone else in the world and humans don't like different. They have a hard enough time excepting people of different races...when they find out people have special abilities there would be an uproar. I knew how people were, they would want us all dead, they would want us all experimented on. I wasn't sure if I wanted to stay here with Lyons and help him or go with the kids and help them out...it seems right now though that Lyon's is the one with all the power. I looked over at Kasha, I had to admit that she was very beautiful, yet I was so confused what my feelings are for her. "What is wrong Lyon?" I asked him, very casually, acting as though I didn't have a care in the world. That's how I had to act. I had too look tough and I had to stay strong.

Kidada

I was glad that we finally escaped the grips of a mad man. He did so much damage to us, and he made me into a very hateful person. I don't trust anyone...but I knew one thing for sure...men were easy. I knew exactly how to get my way, and my body really didn't mean anything to me anymore. I seduced many of the guards on the inside and helped greatly with our escape. I see Zan waiting in the living room. I just gave each one of them glares. They were my family I guess, but at the same time, I didn't trust them...as odd as that was. The only person I could trust was myself, because I'm the only one that's not going to let myself down.
Old 04-17-2005, 09:54 PM
Extreme Fan

yay it's started. This will be the first game I reply to tomorrow.
Old 04-18-2005, 01:14 PM
Master Fan

Rannon
Life was hectic per usual now. Things were not going my way and I just wanted everything to calm down and act like we belonged in this world. It seemed that everything we have been doing for the past days have been going down hill. I had been harboring my feelings for Zan thinking that it was for the best but in reality everytime I was near her I was a wimp and I was slowly becoming weaker and weaker by the minute.

The meeting was about to begin and I knew that I was needed down there but I had no idea what I wanted to say to them and what I needed to say to them. As far as I knew Lyons had no idea where we were located and I hoped that it would stay that way. Ty was my right hand man lately and he had been helping me out on our briefings but today he seemed to be out of it and in his own world and now was hopefully down with the others in the living room.

Walking down the stairs I adjusted my shirt and spotted Zan first off. Why her of all people. She sent my mind in a furry and was making everything ten times harder. Sighing I walked over to the center of the room and looked around."Alright, so today I am supposed to debrief you all on the happenings. I just need to inform you that you need to make sure you don't stand out in public. Lyons has yet to track us down and we need to keep it that way. As well, We are going to need every day appliances in here asap. I found a local store that is willing to give us a complete disccount on these. I will need two people to help myself and Zan out. Is anyone willing to volunteer?" I asked them all.

"The cool points are out the window and you got me all twisted up in the game"-Bringing Down the House