Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 01-22-2018, 01:50 PM
Fan Forum Star

around.
Old 01-22-2018, 02:13 PM
Elite Fan

Well, the thing with Chuck is though, he did things that absolutely unethical and socially not acceptable. In a way Josie knows that, otherwise, she wouldn't have been so quick to point the finger at him (though Cheryl was obviously the culprit behind the creepy "presents"). Ultimately I think Chuck can reform as much as he wants, at least as far as his high school experience goes, he won't find redemption. I'm not saying that I don't honestly hope that his contrition is real, I do but I think he'll have to wait until he goes away to college where nobody knows him for a new start. I don't think it's realistic that after what he has done any girl in Riverdale would give him a chance now.

That being said, Josie's still not into Cheryl. Ultimately, I'm mostly sad (and I thought she was too) that it came to that fall out with her bandmates. I think that's something she might want to fix.

In Cheryl's defence -- she grew up in a creepy house with creepy people.

Arinna -

You might want to rethink marrying the lines "Kids are dead! Kids are dead!" ("Happy days are here again.").
Old 01-22-2018, 02:40 PM
Fan Forum Star

Glad to see you here, Nina!
Old 01-22-2018, 03:39 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Hi, Arinna! Sorry you have to go to bed so soon. Goodnight!

Yeah, I did think it was a bit much to expect Chuck to be rehabilitated like that after what he did to Betty and Veronica. All these guys in Riverdale seem to do contemptible things except for Archie and Jughead. We'll have to see how Chuck's reform goes, but I do think Josie had a thing for him in Tales From The Darkside. However, that's not gonna be enough for anyone in Riverdale to give him a break. You're right, he may have to move away and start over.

And I'm wondering how long Josie's rift with her bandmates will last. And that is a good defense. Cheryl did grow up in a house that's part Dark Shadows, part Addams Family.
Old 01-22-2018, 04:51 PM
Elite Fan

Aww, goodnight, Arinna!

Well, Kevin and Moose seem all right, though I guess Moose is not the sharpest tool in the shed. But yeah, otherwise they're all pretty terrible, aren't they? And realism or not – especially given recent events in Hollywood, I don't think The CW can play it too fast and loose when it comes to such topics.

Yes, it seemed to me that Josie was very distraught about the fallout with her band and she was sincere when she said that she wasn't really interested in dating.

Quote:
Cheryl did grow up in a house that's part Dark Shadows, part Addams Family.
That is about the best way to describe it, yes!

Spoiler:

You might want to rethink marrying the lines "Kids are dead! Kids are dead!" ("Happy days are here again.").
Old 01-22-2018, 05:05 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Yeah, you're right about Kevin and Moose. And what happened to Moose's girlfriend? We haven't seen them in a while. I agree, with everything going on after the Weinstein stuff, Riverdale might not want to try to sweep stuff under the rug.

It also seems like Josie's not just angry at Cheryl, she's angry at the Lodge's from the promos. I'm wondering how long it's gonna take for her to get back with the Pussycats.

Thanks for agreeing with me. That's the general impression I got when I saw the Blossom's home. Of course, the entire town is like Twin Peaks, so...

Thanks for the spoiler, Nina! That sounds cool! Maybe some more dance offs?
Old 01-22-2018, 05:24 PM
Elite Fan

Well they can't race any more cars so I suspect they have to resort to dance offs.

I thought we saw Midge when Moose came back on crutches into the student lounge (for the lack of better word where everyone sits around on sofas) during the Secret Santa?

I want the Pussycats back together also it's a bit weird that Val is so much in the background now.

Old 01-22-2018, 05:34 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Why can't they race anymore? And I remember asking myself what decade this town lives in when I saw that car race. They seem to be trapped in the same 1950's time capsule that David Lynch lives in.

Oh, that's her name. Yeah, I think I remember that now.

Yeah, what happened to Valerie? Once she broke up with Archie it's like the writers had no use for her anymore. But the problem with the Pussycats is that Riverdale has always centered on Archie & Jughead, and Betty & Veronica. Josie And The Pussycats always had their own comic book and cartoon, and it's tough to fit them into the Riverdale plot.
Old 01-22-2018, 06:31 PM
Elite Fan

True about The Pussycats (but still – it would be helpful not to drop the ball completely on them), anyway that's why I'm glad that they made Sabrina a different thing on Netflix with no affiliation to Riverdale and The CW. So it can be its own show and doesn't have to work within another show's parameters which if we're honest I don't think would have worked. I'm also so glad that they cast Kiernan Shipka as Sabrina. I know a lot of people hoped for Dove Cameron and while I loved her on Descendants I just couldn't see her as Sabrina.

Old 01-22-2018, 07:10 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Yeah, but I still wish that Sabrina could've appeared on Riverdale because as a witch, she fits in more with the macabre element and atmosphere on the show. The show really would be Twin Peaks if she was on it. Josie and the Pussycats always seem like they should be on a music-oriented show like Nashville or Empire. If their only purpose on the show is to be the musical interlude then they're basically like the bands at the Big Bang Bar on Twin Peaks.

I also like Kiernan Shipka as Sabrina. I never watched Mad Men, but I liked her as Cathy in Flowers In The Attic. I didn't know that other actress you mentioned.
Old 01-22-2018, 08:56 PM
Master Fan

So I just found a YT channel that only uploads Cheryl's scenes, bless them. I'll check their channel if something interesting happens soon
Old 01-23-2018, 10:16 AM
Elite Fan

Well but they weren't when Val was dating Archie. And Mayor McCoy and Josie as her daughter are a part of the town's storyline. They are more like the Rivervixen that way though. So I think they can be integrated more into the story just like Cheryl.

Dove Cameron had a very popular show on the Disney Channel and EVERYONE and their dog wanted her to play Sabrina but I didn't think she'd be a good fit. See, I don't know... I agree that there's a mystical element to Twin Peaks obviously but the witchcraft on Sabrina wasn't necessarily mystical but more in the vain of other supernatural shows.

May - that's great news!

Old 01-23-2018, 01:46 PM
Fan Forum Star

Hey there, guys! I'm about to watch Lucifer.
Old 01-23-2018, 04:00 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Hi, Arinna! Hi, May! Hi, Nina!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DGSAFDMD (View Post)
So I just found a YT channel that only uploads Cheryl's scenes, bless them. I'll check their channel if something interesting happens soon
Awesome, May! Thanks! I can't wait for more Cheryl.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikki K (View Post)
Well but they weren't when Val was dating Archie. And Mayor McCoy and Josie as her daughter are a part of the town's storyline. They are more like the Rivervixen that way though. So I think they can be integrated more into the story just like Cheryl.

Dove Cameron had a very popular show on the Disney Channel and EVERYONE and their dog wanted her to play Sabrina but I didn't think she'd be a good fit. See, I don't know... I agree that there's a mystical element to Twin Peaks obviously but the witchcraft on Sabrina wasn't necessarily mystical but more in the vain of other supernatural shows.
Yeah, but Val dating Archie just seemed like a plot device to get Archie involved in music and as a lead-in to his eventual relationship with Veronica, as well as a way to integrate the Pussycats into the story. After a short time Archie and Valerie broke up and we haven't heard from her since. I think that was more of a service to a storyline from the comics where Archie was briefly involved with Valerie, and the show's writers thought, "Hey, let's do that!" But it was pretty much a throwaway. I think that's why Josie has been seen more often and separate from the Pussycats, because of the storyline with her mother.

Thanks for the info on Dove Cameron. And while I do get your point, I still think that Sabrina could've been integrated into the show in a way similar to the White Lodge on Twin Peaks, but it's a moot point since it's gonna be on Netflix. But with all the reverences to Sabrina's home town of Greendale on Riverdale(it was mentioned in Tales From The Darkside, and it's also where Jughead and the Serpents exiled Penny Peabody), I'm still surprised that there won't be any crossovers.
Old 01-25-2018, 12:05 PM
Elite Fan

Archie's affair with Miss Grundy was to get him with the music, being with Valerie only furthered that, I'd say.

No, see I think Sabrina, even in a darker incarnation is still too much witchcraft/Salem, too little mythology to make it Twin Peaks. I guess I'm also thankful because most of the Arrowverse crossovers I didn't really like.

Oh well, haven't really watched the last episode yet but I heard Hal and Penelope are doing it? Is she charging him? Also here's something I wonder about: Wasn't it way too easy how Betty found Chic? Are we sure he's the real Chic? Wasn't his character supposed to be an FBI agent or something? Couldn't it be that it's really Agent Adams but he changed his name or something? Just throwing that out there. In any event, Hal's continued hostility towards the admittedly weird kid could mean one of two things I guess... (a) he knew the child would carry some hereditary mental illness from his side of the family (though how I wouldn't know because they didn't test for that in the early 80s did they?) or (b) he's not Hal's.

Closed Thread   Post New Thread