Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 04-24-2013, 07:11 PM
New Fan

I caved and watched it.

And that sums it up.

Because sometimes, words just aren't enough!

THEN I came and read the threads a whole bunch. I won't lie, I read some before I watched because I cheat. What can I say? I'm weak!

So many people here expressed how I feel that I'd be quoting most of these threads, and I'm pretty sure that there's some board rule against that somewhere. I loved all the things you all loved about the Lucrezia and Cesare scenes. the playfulness, the kiss, angryCesare, protectiveCesare, WTFwhyismysisterinmybedonherweddingnightCesare, the sex, twin grins....

But you know what I really loved? I really loved bratty Lucrezia. Because she's so powerless in this game that she is forced to play. She has absolutely no say in anything. When she was talking about how she couldn't be happy? My heart broke for her. Lord knows that she's tried to be happy, that she has done her duty as the pope's daughter. I remember in season 1 when she tried to make Sforza happy, when she was going to be the dutiful wife and make the best out of a really crappy situation...and instead was doled out abuse and misery.

FF to how many tragedies later, and this time she really thinks that she's got it. Alfonso is sweet, he loves her, he's cute and...well, I don't see any other real qualities other than that, but she might. And there are still all these roadblocks to her happiness. They want to take her son away. He doesn't want her enough.

And the solution, frustratingly enough, is her own brother; and I think she knows that. Here is a man that really loves her, that is willing to fight for her, that has always done so and she has always wanted to make him happy as well. Ye, she can't have him. It must be so awful to be Lucrezia....

Well...I mean, until she was having sex with Cesare....because....well....you know

And Cesare, as he stood there listening to how unhappy she is, right after he watched her betrothed not stand up for her. He knows he can make her happy, he wants to make her happy, he'd do anything for her and yet? He cannot act on it.

Well...I mean, until she acted on it <snicker>

Then he holds her and you can just see it in his eyes as her face is against his- he knows that they won't be happy without each other, and he knows they can never be together.

It was such a poignant scene to me, it was a reminder of just how forbidden the territory they are about to enter really is.

It's really a tragic story.....
Old 04-24-2013, 07:16 PM
Addicted Fan

Great post Erin, I agree with everything. Did you see the promo for ep 4 and the BTS for 3.

Something else about the BTS for 3, it shows Cesare and Lucrezia for a second longer after the Pope leaves them with his blushing bride comment. Lucrezia is smiling and looking at Cesare and then her face becomes serious when she realizes he isn't smiling.
Old 04-24-2013, 07:22 PM
New Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYPoster (View Post)
Great post Erin, I agree with everything. Did you see the promo for ep 4 and the BTS for 3.

Something else about the BTS for 3, it shows Cesare and Lucrezia for a second longer after the Pope leaves them with his blushing bride comment. Lucrezia is smiling and looking at Cesare and then her face becomes serious when she realizes he isn't smiling.
Thanks!

I have not seen them. I must scour the interwebs for these things.

It's a good thing I've never done drugs or anything, because I am a hopeless addict
Old 04-24-2013, 07:26 PM
Addicted Fan

Hmm there is a link for the BTS out there here it is.

FORBIDDEN LOVE - THE BORGIAS S03E03 BEHIND THE SCENES - YouTube
Old 04-24-2013, 07:31 PM
Master Fan

I don't know about episode 4.. like I want it and then I just don't cause if I'm still sobbing with episode 3.. imagine what it's going to happen to me whenever I watch episode 4? I never in my life imagined I was going to be so affected by this.. I pictured myself excited and happy and in shock but no crying EVERY TIME I watch the episode
Old 04-24-2013, 07:38 PM
New Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYPoster (View Post)
Hmm there is a link for the BTS out there here it is.

FORBIDDEN LOVE - THE BORGIAS S03E03 BEHIND THE SCENES - YouTube
OMG! Thank you, Renae!!!!

I just.....the FEELS!

Okay <deep breath>

I 100% agree that C&L really do only have each other, and that is what has drawn them together. You know what scene cements that completely to me? When Lucrezia tells Cesare to hurry back, because she doesn't feel safe without him. Cesare so wants that love, that faith from Rodrigo, but he never ever gets it. Poor Cesare....

and Lucrezia was so pained when she thought Cesare was putting ambition in front of his love for her. She was so hurt- and then he assured her that it wasn't true,

so yeah, loved Holli's take on their relationship and how it formed.

I loved François' "it's in the script" For REAL! LOL! Everyone here who has talked about that gets my 100% agreement!

Quote:
Heartbreaking! It really is. I feel so terribly for both of them.

DGSAFDMD
Quote:
I don't know about episode 4.. like I want it and then I just don't cause if I'm still sobbing with episode 3.. imagine what it's going to happen to me whenever I watch episode 4?
We can cry together without shame, k? Because it's so incredibly sad how could you not feel for them and this impossible situation that they are in????

Last edited by LadyE; 04-24-2013 at 07:50 PM
Old 04-24-2013, 07:45 PM
Master Fan

I'm having this feeling that I will just sob in all their scenes next episode, with or without reconciliation, I just need to prepare.. I really do.

I want to post fanart but it's "spoilery" because it's for episode 3 <_<
Old 04-24-2013, 07:49 PM
New Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by DGSAFDMD (View Post)
I'm having this feeling that I will just sob in all their scenes next episode, with or without reconciliation, I just need to prepare.. I really do.

I want to post fanart but it's "spoilery" because it's for episode 3 <_<

Isn't there a way to hide it in spoiler tags? I don't know how yet, I've been trying to figure it out actually.
Old 04-24-2013, 07:58 PM
Extreme Fan

Keep coming on here today and starting to type a post and then leaving because I am so full of angst today. I've watched ep 3 so many times now, and I'm obsessed with ep 4, keep watching any scene in the promos that are from ep 4. Especially Cesare's face during the consummation. I need it now! Even though when I get it I'm sure I will be even MORE angsty, not less.

And that is the word of the week: ANGST. Last week was erection, not sure if it's an improvement.

Angst is probably the word of next week, too.
Old 04-24-2013, 08:05 PM
Master Fan

Sara

And I completely understand, I've been listening to this god damn song by Daughter with the phrase "I want him but we're not right" and I keep wanting to cry cause of FEELINGS.
Old 04-24-2013, 08:17 PM
New Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seriu (View Post)
Keep coming on here today and starting to type a post and then leaving because I am so full of angst today. I've watched ep 3 so many times now, and I'm obsessed with ep 4, keep watching any scene in the promos that are from ep 4. Especially Cesare's face during the consummation. I need it now! Even though when I get it I'm sure I will be even MORE angsty, not less.

And that is the word of the week: ANGST. Last week was erection, not sure if it's an improvement.

Angst is probably the word of next week, too.
Will we even see episode 4 next week? We may not! It's why I was trying not to watch this episode until Sunday. Gah! I'm such an addict!

Oh, Cesare's face! I think I might weep with him.
Old 04-24-2013, 08:18 PM
Extreme Fan

At least I'm not alone in this. I'd feel crazy if it wasn't for FF & tumblr these days.

TOO MANY FEELINGS. Because I want to laugh and cry and roll around squealing. Even some moping. I'll have to check out that song May.

Having a serious fanvid kick too, watching everything I can get my hands on. Wish I knew how to make vids like some of you out there. I figured out how to put a music track in and I made this 15 second one just from promos of the consummation, but then I gave up because I should really just wait for the damn episode. Promos are all ****ty quality anyways.

And is it just me or does the sex scene get sexier every time you watch it?

I think we'll get it this weekend. Saturday if they do what they've done the last couple weeks and if not then Sun/Mon. Which is really only a few days away.

I'm not sure with Cesare's face what he's doing, sometimes I think he's raging with jealousy and sadness, other times I think he's totally turned on an trying to keep it in because pervy King Ferd is sitting right next to him, probably fondling himself. But maybe it's both? Depends what shot of his face you look at, because here:

He looks absolutely riveted. And the one shot where he was leaning forward.
But the other ones where he is gritting his teeth and clenching his fists could be either way.
Old 04-24-2013, 08:19 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyE (View Post)

And Cesare, as he stood there listening to how unhappy she is, right after he watched her betrothed not stand up for her. He knows he can make her happy, he wants to make her happy, he'd do anything for her and yet? He cannot act on it.

Well...I mean, until she acted on it <snicker>

Then he holds her and you can just see it in his eyes as her face is against his- he knows that they won't be happy without each other, and he knows they can never be together.

It was such a poignant scene to me, it was a reminder of just how forbidden the territory they are about to enter really is.

It's really a tragic story.....
I'm glad you watched it E!!!

I love what you said here, because it is so true.

I that BTS. I really hope they include it on the dvds.

RIP Paul Walker
Icon:Si_Crazy
Old 04-24-2013, 08:27 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seriu (View Post)

I'm not sure with Cesare's face what he's doing, sometimes I think he's raging with jealousy and sadness, other times I think he's totally turned on an trying to keep it in because pervy King Ferd is sitting right next to him, probably fondling himself. But maybe it's both? Depends what shot of his face you look at, because here:

He looks absolutely riveted. And the one shot where he was leaning forward.
But the other ones where he is gritting his teeth and clenching his fists could be either way.
I think it's a mixture of being turned on and enraged--and hey, that can totally happen. I've rewatched the promo so many times now, and as he leans forward he swallows very noticeably. He's gotta be kind of into it; if not into the fact that Lucrezia's having sex with someone else, into the fact that she's getting off on HIM. The hand-clenching could also have implications besides anger, too...

And LadyE, people with Showtime OnDemand get every episode a week early, so at the latest I think ep 4 will make it to the net on Monday/Tuesday. I don't get it OnDemand until the wee early hours of Monday morning.
Old 04-24-2013, 08:30 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparklyhairnet (View Post)
The hand-clenching could also have implications besides anger, too...
Yes, it could be timed with his throbbing nether regions

I agree with what you're saying; some people think you can't be jealous/angry and aroused at the same time. Have they ever experienced jealousy? I sure have, and it can be very darkly erotic.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread