Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 08-18-2011, 08:10 PM
Elite Fan

Hi Maud&Danny Welcome, and I added you to the shipper's list

To be honest, I hope that the show won't go with the incest route. I love them as they are now. I love the idea that they put each other so high up on the pedestal that everyone else just pale in comparison and that no one is good enough for the other.

icon
Old 08-18-2011, 08:45 PM
Absolute Fan

Welcome to the thread Maud&Danny

I don't know, I'm torn on whether or not I want the show to go all the way with the incest angle. I agree with Nonie. I love the way they are now too. They love each other more than they will love anyone else. The way they are right now is so epically perfect and beautiful. It's a pure, untainted love.

But... I can't help wondering what they could be like if they did go there. It would be interesting to see how the show went about it if they did pursue that route.

CREDIT
Old 08-18-2011, 09:01 PM
Elite Fan

Other Borgia shows in the past went with the incest route so I hope NJ will not

Like you said, it's a pure, untainted love between them. Others may think they love each other too much for a pair of siblings. But between them, they don't see anything wrong with that. They are each other's confidante and protectors.

icon
Old 08-18-2011, 09:23 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I mean, yes it would be interesting to see them go the incest route, and it would be hot and all that. But I do like the idea of the series being different and them not going that route and them just being the ideal courtly lovers. I think what they share is beautiful and I really appreciate that no one will ever be perfect for them because they can't really have each other

Chrissy |
Old 08-18-2011, 09:50 PM
Absolute Fan

Like I said, I'm torn. But despite all the chemistry they have together, I only saw a hint of something sexual between them once in all the scenes they had together. So with the way the show is portraying them, I have a hard time imagining how they could take them from pure, platonic love to something sexual.

Here's the latest results on the survivor since they got lost in in the pages

#2 - 3 (Roxy87, red velvet, Vanora)
Old 08-18-2011, 10:08 PM
Elite Fan

Looks like #2 is out

icon
Old 08-18-2011, 10:16 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Cesare Lucrezia
Season One Moments Survivor

▌rules;
  • vote for your least favorite moment
  • once a scene gets 3 votes it gets eliminated
  • if a round lasts 48 hours or longer the one with the most votes is eliminated
  • repost a new round of the survivor every time a scene is voted out

▌Round Twenty

Eliminated Round One

Woman: You're a cleric?
Cesare: Didn't you notice?
Woman: There was nothing ecclesiastical about you last night.

Eliminated Round Nineteen

Lucrezia: Don't you love God Cesare?
Cesare: More than I love you?

Eliminated Round Two

Cesare: The new Pope will be elected by the College of Cardinals, my love, and only God can predict the outcome.

Eliminated Round Seven

Lucrezia: Why the dove Cesare?
Cesare: It has a dual purpose, my love, like many things in life it serves as both a symbol and a messenger

Eliminated Round Fifteen

Cesare: You are still Lucrezia Borgia my love, you only change your name when you marry.
Lucrezia: And when will I marry
Cesare: Never if I can help it.
Cesare: You will have every prince in Europe vying for your hand, They may care very little for your heart

Eliminated Round Seventeen

Cesare: You can take the cloth like me, you can become a nun and live in sanctuary and prayer, like Abelard and Heloise
Lucrezia: So then I shall become a nun. For I shall never love a husband as I love you Cesare

Lucrezia: And if my husband grows ungallant?
Cesare: I shall cut his heart out with a dinner knife and serve it to you

Eliminated Round Three

Cesare: I have a good imagination

Eliminated Round Fourteen

Lucrezia: I think I shall never have another friend like him
Cesare: You will always have me

Eliminated Round Four

Lucrezia: And I will have my mother at my wedding day!
Cesare: Come sis, let us talk of these things elsewhere

Eliminated Round Five

Cesare: Most illustrious lady...

Eliminated Round Eight

Cesare: The pope forbid you at your daughter's wedding. He made no mention of its aftermath.

Eliminated Round Sixteen
Lucrezia: Like tendresse. Amore. Sprezzatura
Cesare: Sprezzatura? That's a big word.
Lucrezia: I have heard it means the effortless display of grace.

Eliminated Round Six

Cesare: She's past her bedtime

Eliminated Round Eighteen

Cesare tenderly lays Lucrezia on her bed and kisses her cheek

Eliminated Round Ten

Lucrezia: And you brother, what of your heart?
Cesare: It's broken

Eliminated Round Eleven

Cesare: If you hate beauty dear sis, you must hate yourself

Eliminated Round Twelve

Lucrezia: What do you know?
Cesare: I know you no longer walk on air. Where is my young sister hiding?
Cesare: If he does ill by you I shall do ill by him. You are no longer a child sis, I won't forgive him for that

Lucrezia: I've missed those hands
Cesare: And I've miss that face

Eliminated Round Thirteen

Cesare: Lucrezia, you need a medic
Lucrezia: No, no, no I...
Cesare: But you are ill. You were faint.
Lucrezia: It is a common illness brother. I am with child
Lucrezia: The child thank god is not my husband's.

Lucrezia: Can my marriage be annulled?
Cesare: Only if it was never consummated
Lucrezia: But my marriage was consummated in the harshest possible manner
Cesare: I beg you not to worry about it sis, I will find the solution, I swear

Eliminated Round Nine

Cesare: May I hold? A boy?

Chrissy |
Old 08-18-2011, 10:31 PM
Elite Fan

19 -1 (Nonie)

icon
Old 08-18-2011, 10:54 PM
Absolute Fan

19 -1 (Nonie)
21 - 1 (Roxy87)
Old 08-18-2011, 11:25 PM
Elite Fan

I'm making slight changes to the OP. If anyone wants to contribute anything (artwork, layout suggestions, related links, etc.), do post it on this thread and I'll add it to the OP

icon
Old 08-19-2011, 05:11 AM
Elite Fan

I agree that how they are now is perfect and lovely. But realistically, I think it may not be possible for it to stay that way. Not with Lucrezia "growing up", facing all sorts of evil, making decisions that are not really innocent (like having Sforza break his leg) anymore. I think Cesare tries to cling to the idea of pure and perfect Lucrezia because it is the only thing pure in his life, but ultimately, I think he sees that life and their father's ambitions will destroy Lucrezia's purity. When she told him that she was not a child anymore, you could see him being tormented, in my opinion, because he knows that he might be losing the only thing that is innocent and good in his life due to his father's cabal.

So I think the relationship will have to change... somehow.

You might want to rethink marrying the lines "Kids are dead! Kids are dead!" ("Happy days are here again.").
Old 08-19-2011, 10:42 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikki K (View Post)
I agree that how they are now is perfect and lovely. But realistically, I think it may not be possible for it to stay that way. Not with Lucrezia "growing up", facing all sorts of evil, making decisions that are not really innocent (like having Sforza break his leg) anymore. I think Cesare tries to cling to the idea of pure and perfect Lucrezia because it is the only thing pure in his life, but ultimately, I think he sees that life and their father's ambitions will destroy Lucrezia's purity. When she told him that she was not a child anymore, you could see him being tormented, in my opinion, because he knows that he might be losing the only thing that is innocent and good in his life due to his father's cabal.

So I think the relationship will have to change... somehow.
I must agree with you. Both of them are going through some changes by the end of the season and we'll see what will become of their relationship now that they are basically growing up (during the second season). I'm sure they'll always admire and be fascinated by each other no matter what and will always put the other first before anyone else.

I would be ok with them not conssuming their love for each other (by that I mean sex) as long as their relationship is portrayed the same it was during season 1. With the same amount of love they share with each other. But I would also be more than okay with them showing the incest thing because at that period of time it was a common thing and what Cesare/Lucrezia share goes beyong everything...am I making sense?

"아 아까는 못 받아서 미안해
친구를 만나느라
shy shy shy
Old 08-19-2011, 11:36 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maud&Danny (View Post)
I'm sure they'll always admire and be fascinated by each other no matter what and will always put the other first before anyone else.
I agree. All in all what I'm trying to say is... sex or not, I doubt it can remain that carefree and innocent as we've seen in the first half of the season. Sadly.

You might want to rethink marrying the lines "Kids are dead! Kids are dead!" ("Happy days are here again.").
Old 08-19-2011, 02:48 PM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nonie (View Post)
I'm making slight changes to the OP. If anyone wants to contribute anything (artwork, layout suggestions, related links, etc.), do post it on this thread and I'll add it to the OP
What colors are you thinking of using in the OP? The pink and orange we have now? I want to contribute something, but I want it to fit in.

And what do you guys think of giving the thread a name, like The Ideal Lovers or something?
Old 08-19-2011, 03:00 PM
Elite Fan

I'm far from being artistic, I'm afraid. Gold, deep red, white... I don't know.
Shipper names... oh my... remind me of Roswell. And I'm telling you, I was THERE back in the day.
Before CL I never saw the sense in tumblr, now I'm staring at the pretty all evening.

Closed Thread   Post New Thread