Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 08-16-2011, 06:25 AM
Loyal Fan

They were still very carefree at that time. Sorrow only made their relationship stronger and more profound.
Hate: Animal Cruelty
Old 08-16-2011, 08:50 AM
Elite Fan

Heyhey, I didn't know there was whole board dedicated to the show! Woah!

Haven't posted to FF in years but now I've finally found something I feel a bit fannish about again. Cesare & Lucrezia are just perfect together. I love the thread title too, it's just ... it encompasses everything, it's the whole package, the real deal.

It has to be said that I completely adore Holliday and François' performance is outstanding. Such great chemistry.

So yeah... here I am. Would love to get to know everyone and have some good discussions and fun!

ETA: In the gif in the entry post... doesn't it look as if Rodrigo suspects that the child is Cesare's and he doesn't know how to approach im about it?

You might want to rethink marrying the lines "Kids are dead! Kids are dead!" ("Happy days are here again.").

Last edited by Nikki K; 08-16-2011 at 09:18 AM
Old 08-16-2011, 04:16 PM
Absolute Fan

Glad you found the board/thread

Quote:
In the gif in the entry post... doesn't it look as if Rodrigo suspects that the child is Cesare's and he doesn't know how to approach im about it?
Now that you mention it.... yeah, it does lol
Old 08-16-2011, 08:17 PM
Elite Fan

Hi, Nikki!

Hope we'll be seeing you often on this board

icon
Old 08-16-2011, 11:12 PM
Elite Fan

Roxy - Hah, just a thought. The picture really struck me like that.

Nonie - Thank you! I'm here. What can we do?

You might want to rethink marrying the lines "Kids are dead! Kids are dead!" ("Happy days are here again.").
Old 08-16-2011, 11:16 PM
Elite Fan

We're currently in doing S1 Survivor so feel free to vote

We don't have many active posters on this board so we really encourage everyone to posts as often as possible and in as many threads that you're interested in And have fun doing it too, of course

icon
Old 08-17-2011, 06:54 AM
Elite Fan

Yeah, I sympathise wiht your troubles. I know how stressful it was when I modded two board. I can't promise anything though. Life is too stressful at the moment.

I understand it's hard to generate a lot of posting volume when the show is on hiatus. I didn't watch it when it was on, I just caught up with it last weekend.

Old 08-17-2011, 04:16 PM
Absolute Fan

Yeah it is difficult with the hiatus. If the show was on, we'd be zipping through these threads so fast.

CREDIT
Old 08-17-2011, 05:13 PM
Fan Forum Hero

That shot was pretty visually stunning.

Yeah, it's hard to keep the board up and running, but at least we know we're already good on posts for the month, we just gotta keep with it

Chrissy |
Old 08-17-2011, 08:27 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roxy87 (View Post)
Yeah it is difficult with the hiatus. If the show was on, we'd be zipping through these threads so fast.
Exactly. When the show was on, we could finish one CL thread a week on the Couples board. Ah, good times...

icon
Old 08-18-2011, 05:22 AM
Elite Fan

Awww. Love the animated gif!

I really hope we will get lots of interaction next season. I remember that I was very much into Arthur/Morgana on "Merlin" during the first season and then during the second one they barely interacted anymore which was a huge disappointment. I honestly hope that won't be happening here. Cesare/Lucrezia are truly the heart of the show, imho.

Old 08-18-2011, 07:11 AM
Master Fan

Hello everyone!

First of all could I be added to the shipper list please?

I just started watching the show and let me say how much I already adore the relationship between Cesare and Lucrezia. The love these two peole share is just blowing me off everytime they share a scene together. They admire and are fascinated by each other. The love they have for one another goes beyong everything a brother/sister would feel for each other. I'm sold on this ship!

Is it ok to want these two to hook up already? I know they are brother and sister and that would mean incest but damn...like I said it goes beyong. We're not talking about the love a brother and his sister should normally share.

"아 아까는 못 받아서 미안해
친구를 만나느라
shy shy shy
Old 08-18-2011, 07:23 AM
Elite Fan

The incest question... you know I thought about that for a while, and what makes it wrong usually is the fact that it is combined with abuse. Which here clearly is not the case as the feelings are mutual. (And then there is the question of genetic impairment of possible offspring... )
All in all, I must say - it is so hard to find anyone in life you connect with and feel strongly about and vice versa. Therefore, I do not feel all that guilty or wrong about shipping them. Just my thoughts though.

Old 08-18-2011, 12:10 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikki K (View Post)
The incest question... you know I thought about that for a while, and what makes it wrong usually is the fact that it is combined with abuse. Which here clearly is not the case as the feelings are mutual. (And then there is the question of genetic impairment of possible offspring... )
All in all, I must say - it is so hard to find anyone in life you connect with and feel strongly about and vice versa. Therefore, I do not feel all that guilty or wrong about shipping them. Just my thoughts though.
I pretty much agree with you on this. Plus at that particular period of time, it was a common thing for a brother to wed his very own sister. It wasn't unusual. I'm not even talking about the sex part which could upset some people but the way they feel about each other is so strong and genuine and that's something that we clearly don't see that often. They can't imagine their life without each other, they'll die for one another, even though they have relationship with other people the one they share is always stronger and always comes first. I love it!

"아 아까는 못 받아서 미안해
친구를 만나느라
shy shy shy
Old 08-18-2011, 12:23 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maud&Danny (View Post)
Plus at that particular period of time, it was a common thing for a brother to wed his very own sister.
That's something I would have connected to Ancient Egypt, I must admit though that I'm not very familiar with the customs of the time.

As I've discussed with red velvet in the intro thread though, it is obvious that the relationship pool in these circles was very limited, lots of people marrying cousins and whatnot, everyone seems to have been involved with everyone at one point. Anyway, nevermind...

I agree with what you said, unless they change things up with Lucrezia's future marriages on the show... I would say they were just politics. As she said in the pilot, she will never love a husband like she loves Cesare.

Closed Thread   Post New Thread