Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 02-23-2013, 11:25 AM
Fan Forum Star

Source: 'we are all bastards
Old 02-23-2013, 11:25 AM
Master Fan

I agree, Kat, Borgia was extremely uncomfortable and violent at times I couldn't get myself to finish watching. I am interested in the Juan storyline tho, and the actor is super handsome and playing evil he just looks super hot!

I think it depends on how they write that relationship, to be shipped or not.. because I also shipped it in Los Borgia, and they're not Francois/Holly.. but they wrote it as an impossible epic love, they only share one kiss and some very sweet scenes and the end of Cesare shows how he always carried this feather Lucrezia owned and gave back to him when she was upset when Alfonso died. In most of the stories you see how Lucrezia only cared for 2nd Alfonso and Cesare never cared for his wife. They were pretty much into each other's lives until Lucrezia got married with her last husband.

I also suffered a lot reading some things that happened in History between C/L like the foot story and her reaction to his death so I think I do ship the relationship the way it's painted and what little we know of it's reality.

But in Borgia, the show doesn't even focus on that relationship one bit, not until the end so I couldn't care less about them.

And maybe, I'd ship them in mostly everything but wouldn't want them to go all the way.. like in Los Borgia, I don't think I would have enjoyed seeing them being intimate at all, they were too cute and tragic and perfect that way. Also because I don't think the actors had sexual chemistry.

Now in The Borgias, that's a different story, since season 1 they're supposed to have romantic/sibling vibe and everytime they look at each other you just hear someone screaming SEEEEX!! in the background. It's a gift from god, that chemistry, I'm telling you.
Old 02-23-2013, 11:46 AM
Fan Forum Star

^ What you said, May!
Old 02-23-2013, 12:13 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by DGSAFDMD (View Post)
everytime they look at each other you just hear someone screaming SEEEEX!! in the background. It's a gift from god, that chemistry, I'm telling you.
SEEEEXXX!!!! Haha. That made my day.
Old 02-23-2013, 12:17 PM
Extreme Fan

It is not just the violence in Borgia. I was a bit creeped out by the Rodrigo/Giulia scenes. I`d rather see Jeremy Irons and Lotte Verbeek together. And I think the actors aren't as intense as in The Borgias. I loved Jeremy Irons facial expressions.
Old 02-23-2013, 12:24 PM
Fan Forum Star

Cesare and Lucrezia in Borgia didn't make any sense right until the end. I think that's what bothers me. She started caring about him all of a sudden. There was not a build up. They weren't that close there. They barely share a scene even. Then at the end they just... almost slept together. For what? It turned out to be she just tried to distract him. That doesn't scream Cesare/Lucrezia at all. They supposed to be really close. They weren't in Borgia. Maybe this season they're going to fix that.

In The Borgias on the other hand, there was a nice build up. We could see, smell and taste the passion in the air every time we see Cesare and Lucrezia there. Now, it's up to NJ if they're going to actually act on it. I mean, no one could blame the writers there if they do it.
Old 02-23-2013, 12:31 PM
Extreme Fan

I'm not even going to watch other Borgias shows until The Borgias is done airing. If it's anything like reading fiction based on the Borgias has been, I'll be in for disappointment.

Thing is, I don't really want to read books about the historical Borgias, I want to read books about The Borgias as portrayed by Jeremy Irons, Francois and Holly. And I don't want some ugly people on a show running around with their names. LOL I know it's history so there will be lots of portrayals, but the heart wants what it wants

That's one thing about Game of Thrones, at least there's books to re-read between seasons. I tried reading The Family and The Borgia Bride and one other I can't remember the name of. Each one made me feel sad and even a little disgusted.
Old 02-23-2013, 12:33 PM
Fan Forum Star

Then you shouldn't watch BBC The Borgias, Seriu. I think The Borgias is the best show/movie so far I've watched about them.
Old 02-23-2013, 12:43 PM
Elite Fan

Yeah I haven't bothered with other shows it's really something that Francois/holliday bring to the story in terms of chemistry but also the way that they're being built up a lot
And if one day you should behold a miracle, as I have in you, you will learn the truth is not found in science, but by looking into your own heart. And in that moment you will be blessed - and stricken.
For the truest truths, are what hold us together, or keep us painfully, desperately apart.
Old 02-23-2013, 12:48 PM
Fan Forum Star

Because I've watched the other shows as well, now I'm able to compare. Nobody even comes close to the chemistry that Francois/Holliday bring to Cesare/Lucrezia.
Old 02-23-2013, 12:50 PM
Extreme Fan

Such a chemistry is pretty rare.
Old 02-23-2013, 12:58 PM
Fan Forum Star

I have to agree on that.
Old 02-23-2013, 12:58 PM
Extreme Fan

Also other portrayals (I'm speaking mainly about books, but also what I've heard about the shows) seem to like the fathjer/daughter incest angle, and they make Rodrigo this insufferable sleaze. Especially in the Borgia Bride, jeezus.
Old 02-23-2013, 01:02 PM
Fan Forum Star

That sounds like a book I won't read. I've read The Family. It's quite good. Not brilliant, but good. What I like in The Borgias is that vibe I'm getting about the era. And Cesare and Lucrezia there feel like real people, not just actors portraying the real people.
Old 02-23-2013, 01:06 PM
Extreme Fan

The Family wasn't too bad. At least Puzo played up C/L as a true love. The writing seemed kind of choppy though, which makes sense since it wasn't really finished when Mario Puzo died. Too bad, I imagine if he'd had the chance to really edit it and finish it properly it would have been great.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread