Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 02-22-2013, 04:51 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Borgias hipsters? At this point I don't think it really matters, so they shouldn't get all in a huff about it. They've been building this up slowly over three seasons as opposed to GOT which had Jaime and Cersei fornicating practically from day one, so I'd say The Borgias is showing great restraint. And you're right, chemistry like this is not to be wasted.

Well, it can't hurt, Caroline. Not that the audience exactly left in the first place.
Old 02-22-2013, 05:03 PM
Master Fan

No, but I heard alot of people weren't watching anymore. And that they are coming back for season 3 because of the exciting promo's.

I don't really care about the historical facts anymore. We can get them in other Borgia movies. I love "the Borgias" because it's so different from the others. Especially the C&L love story of course.
Old 02-22-2013, 05:08 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Ehhh, that was only because they thought that season two was a little slow. But you're right, Francois and Holliday are really getting people excited about season three.
Showtime probably told NJ to go for it.
Old 02-22-2013, 05:10 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by DGSAFDMD (View Post)
I think they're meant to be the Assassin's Creed version, right?
As a huge AC fan I just wanted to tell you you're right. Although I do enjoy The Borgias version of their relationship more.
Old 02-22-2013, 05:11 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Hey, Nat!

Yeah, AC even had Cesare and Lucrezia making out, and that was just a video game.
Old 02-22-2013, 05:21 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixRising (View Post)
Hey, Nat!

Yeah, AC even had Cesare and Lucrezia making out, and that was just a video game.
I'm surprised that Ubisoft actually went ~there in the games, or a deep into The Borgias as they did. Since they were the 'bad guys' in the second and its two spin off games. I did approve of Cesare killing Rodrigo though (and Cesare's little speech before it) . Even if the show clearly would go that far to stretch true history. AC's Cesare classing Lucrezia as his queen is something I'd like the show to do to. I would approve of that .
Old 02-22-2013, 05:53 PM
Extreme Fan

Well said about The Borgias Hipsters
Old 02-22-2013, 07:16 PM
Master Fan

Thanks! And I wonder why these guys who complain now didn't sue Ubisoft for portraying these lies and false rumors! (alarmed voice)
Old 02-22-2013, 07:33 PM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by cahe64 (View Post)
No, but I heard alot of people weren't watching anymore. And that they are coming back for season 3 because of the exciting promo's.

I don't really care about the historical facts anymore. We can get them in other Borgia movies. I love "the Borgias" because it's so different from the others. Especially the C&L love story of course.
It was hard to stick through season 2, C/L sexing up other people and I felt like they had minimal scenes together. It did have it's moments though, Cesare killing Sforza and presenting the knife to Lucrezia.

I am one of those who wasn't 100% on this season because I really didn't want to deal with the innuendos again, so I am very excited given the promos.

I do think that Jordan was probably pushed into going there, if SHO put their hands in the pot then kudos to them LOL.. My ship is sailing and I am very happy about it.
Old 02-22-2013, 08:52 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYPoster (View Post)
It was hard to stick through season 2, C/L sexing up other people and I felt like they had minimal scenes together. It did have it's moments though, Cesare killing Sforza and presenting the knife to Lucrezia.

I am one of those who wasn't 100% on this season because I really didn't want to deal with the innuendos again, so I am very excited given the promos.

I do think that Jordan was probably pushed into going there, if SHO put their hands in the pot then kudos to them LOL.. My ship is sailing and I am very happy about it.
Completely agree, I think Neil wanted to go there but not 100% and he was checking the fans/viewers reaction and all... he also gave us a kiss in S2, I'm sure Showtime didn't ask him to do so.. he was very subtle, thing that I appreciate but many years of the same thing end up being unbelievable.
Old 02-23-2013, 04:52 AM
Master Fan

Most reactions to the promos are very good. Most people want to watch the show again this season because of the Lucrezia/Cesare sexy time XD Can't be worst than last year after all. Season 2 was slow, L/C barely had any interactions, Juan died...

"์•„ ์•„๊นŒ๋Š” ๋ชป ๋ฐ›์•„์„œ ๋ฏธ์•ˆํ•ด
์นœ๊ตฌ๋ฅผ ๋งŒ๋‚˜๋Š๋ผ
shy shy shy
Old 02-23-2013, 04:55 AM
Elite Fan

I mean it's obvious that C/L was built up from Day 1 with L spying on C having sex and mocking him and having C said that that he "always missed her" and that he'd die if something happened to her.

It's just different from the thousands other shows that go there with incest because it's an actual love story that you root for.

But on showtime, imo they were always going to go there. Even Cesare with what-s her name. That he meets 5 seconds after he realizes his sister will be unhappy and there's nothing he can do, who's a red-head that he can save from her husband AND who ends up joining a covent as a SISTER
And if one day you should behold a miracle, as I have in you, you will learn the truth is not found in science, but by looking into your own heart. And in that moment you will be blessed - and stricken.
For the truest truths, are what hold us together, or keep us painfully, desperately apart.

Last edited by Trustno1; 02-23-2013 at 05:02 AM
Old 02-23-2013, 05:01 AM
Extreme Fan

I agree, their love story is epic. And I believe they belong together, like it is meant to be.
Old 02-23-2013, 06:20 AM
Master Fan

The problem in this case is the crazy chemistry between Franรงois and Holliday. I mean if there was no chemistry I would probably be one of the people who wouldn't want to see the incest happening but let's be honest...everytime they're onscreen together, the sexual tension is just waiting to explode!

"์•„ ์•„๊นŒ๋Š” ๋ชป ๋ฐ›์•„์„œ ๋ฏธ์•ˆํ•ด
์นœ๊ตฌ๋ฅผ ๋งŒ๋‚˜๋Š๋ผ
shy shy shy
Old 02-23-2013, 07:00 AM
Extreme Fan

Oh yes, I agree. If it weren't for Holly and Francois I wouldn't probably think that they are meant to be together. I just started watching the first episode of Borgia and so far I`m not as captivated by that C/L as I`m by The Borgias C/L.

(Edit: I actually don't like Borgia at all, that show is kind of boring and there are so many weird scenes. )

Last edited by Katja82; 02-23-2013 at 08:56 AM
Closed Thread   Post New Thread