Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 01-29-2013, 02:17 PM
Fan Forum Star

The Borgias News & Appearances #5: Oh hey, look! We have a new Promo! Is that a kiss?

The Borgias News & Appearances #5: Oh hey, look! We have a new Promo! Is that a kiss?

Source: Your fangirl is showing.,

Old thread: The Borgias News & Appearances #4:
A trip to Sesame Street in a butter cookie dress might have you end up naked, Marta!
Old 01-29-2013, 02:24 PM
Fan Forum Legend

TFTNT Arinna! I love that title! And that pic!
Old 01-29-2013, 02:26 PM
Fan Forum Star

Well, a kiss or not a kiss - that's the question.
Old 01-29-2013, 02:35 PM
Master Fan

I was trying to some gifs yesterday of the new promo, if I come up with anything, I'll share it with you so you can post it here in the mean time, the new promo's quality is horrible so I can't say I'll be able to make a banner...
Old 01-29-2013, 02:55 PM
Fan Forum Star

And is it posted in YT yet?
Old 01-29-2013, 03:05 PM
Master Fan

I don't think so, seems the 1 min promo was uploaded onto another website and it's the same thing except for the ending, there's a clip that hints Lucrezia having sex with a guy and someone watching her and she's aware of this person watching them.. I can't watch cause I am at work and it takes ages to load, can someone check and tell me if she's wearing a necklance in this clip?

Take 5 Productions | The Borgias

Edit: Nevermind, was able to watch, you can't see her neck, she's laying down with the guy's shoulder covering her but you can see the difference in their skin color.. so I'm going to think this is Sebastian... how the **** does Cesare spy on them? I don't know.

Last edited by DGSAFDMD; 01-29-2013 at 03:14 PM
Old 01-29-2013, 07:07 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I haven't seen the clip only a gif on tumblr but I think its Alfonso/Sebastian too. The hair looks too short to be Cesare's.
Old 01-29-2013, 08:34 PM
Addicted Fan

So maybe that's the wedding night and Cesare is watching? I could barely see the end of the new trailer. However I don't see why he would watch her in bed with another man.
Old 01-29-2013, 08:59 PM
Master Fan

Same, plus Cesare is seen outside the room and both, Lucrezia and Alfonso seem to be done with business.. so maybe he's not looking, and she sees something else?
Old 01-30-2013, 12:24 AM
Extreme Fan

I say that it is definitely a kiss. When you stop the promo at the right time you can see that he is leaning even closer than shown here in the screenshot. (second promo)

Edit: Ok, I just realized there was a third promo yesterday.
I'm getting more and more confused about who's watching who and why..
Have to watch it some more tonight.

Last edited by Katja82; 01-30-2013 at 12:53 AM
Old 01-30-2013, 01:36 AM
Ultimate Fan

Roxy87 on the Couples board is a rockstar & probably figured it out. Look at the setting for Lucrezia & Alfonso's romp: it's a bed circled with candles whose lights are redirected at the center by mirrors, which means, they're meant to be watched & as a lot of us have already guessed, it probably is their wedding night. Now the thing is that with certain royal & noble unions, they have witnesses present to attest to the consummation of said union. I've read that Cesare's wedding night with Charlotte D'Albret had witnesses. But what if they had Cesare present as a witness to attest, on the Borgia side, to the consummation of Alfonso & Lucrezia's marriage? And what if that screenshot of Lucrezia is actually her catching Cesare's gaze while she's in the act with Alfonso? Presuming that the marriage takes place early in the season, this might be the beginning point of the transition in Cesare & Lucrezia's relationship, where both start to become self aware of the incestuous nature of their feelings for one another. It would also be a callback to the pilot where Lucrezia spied on him having sex with a nameless woman but Cesare not being aware of it until he hears her except now in series 3, they're both grown up, not so innocent anymore & aware of everything.
Old 01-30-2013, 01:49 AM
Extreme Fan

That actually sounds plausible. Cesare maybe wants to make sure Alfonso behaves properly, not like Giovanni Sforza, so he watches their wedding night.
Old 01-30-2013, 05:44 AM
Addicted Fan

Cathangel you may be onto something. You are correct the setting is kind of out in the open and in those days consummations were witnessed. Maybe the wedding does occur early and Cesare is the witness. Seeing his sister au natural and her seeing him watching may be what ignites the spark.

However what doesn't fit is that Lucrezia is supposed to fall in love with Alfonso, unless Alfonso leaves after the wedding night and Lucrezia stays behind for some reason before moving away to Alfonso.
Old 01-30-2013, 10:42 AM
Fan Forum Star

Hmmm, that sounds interesting, Cathangel. That might be the reason. Also, maybe Cesare wanted to make sure that this time Lucrezia won't be abused like the first marriage, but that's BEYOND weird. Why he would watch her?
Old 01-30-2013, 11:50 AM
Master Fan

The witness thing should have happened since Giovanni, or at least that's what it's said about the first marriage, that Rodrigo and company were there.. since they didn't do this in the first season, I think it'll weird out if they come up with it in the 3rd season, and also is Rodrigo that stupid to ask Cesare to do this? maybe he's asked to "guard" the room for whatever reason but I doubt he'll be inside the room checking everything. Also, you guys are right, the sort of mirrors might help Lucrezia see someone was/is outside the bedroom...
Closed Thread   Post New Thread