Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 11-03-2012, 12:30 PM
Fan Forum Star

Nina, can I just say you're making an awesome recaps?
Old 11-03-2012, 12:31 PM
Elite Fan

Yeah, I learnt how to summarize well in AP French.

You might want to rethink marrying the lines "Kids are dead! Kids are dead!" ("Happy days are here again.").
Old 11-08-2012, 01:59 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikki K (View Post)
Well for her it was pretty much like... (paraphrasing Rodrigo and Adriana here) Oh, you are engaged to this guy, oh wait we found a better one, oh wait now we found a husband for you and no, you cannot have sex. Like ever. What? You want to become a nun? How utterly silly! I'll send my scheming ****ty mistress after you to persuade you to come back so I can give you to someone else, who is yet to be determined. You don't want to come back? Srsly? Oh well, I'm going to send this boy, he is cute, right Vanozza, he is cute? He'll cure her from that religious nonsense with his penis. Oh but no, you cannot marry him, d'uh. But no worries, I'll look for another one of them husbands for you, promise kiddo!

If that isn't manipulating and showing no regard for your daughter's feelings, I don't know.
I love how you summed that up, Nina.
Old 11-10-2012, 03:00 PM
Elite Fan

A new article on "Borgia" from yesterday actually. Looks more informative (albeit it was weird that they talked about Lucrezia as Rodrigo's only daughter since we already know that her older half-sister will be introduced this seasons. There are a few comments on Lucrezia's and Cesare's relationship. I'm too tired to translate this now if there is any need for me to do that, perhaps tomorrow, otherwise I gladly leave it to volunteers:

Borgia, intorno a Roma nascono nuovi intrighi: la serie di Sky - Il Messaggero

You might want to rethink marrying the lines "Kids are dead! Kids are dead!" ("Happy days are here again.").
Old 11-11-2012, 07:03 AM
Dedicated Fan

I had a bash with by Google Translate.

ROME - They look like vampires with their incarnation of pearl, drawn lips and bright eyes. Features that suggest equal delicacy of mind, but woe to the wrong: the protagonists of Borgia, the series of Sky Cinema 1 HD on the family in the fifteenth century Catalan tried by every means to dominate the world, we must be careful. Let Cesare, real name Mark Ryder, ideal candidate for a film about the life of Jesus: clear eyes, hollow face and beard, a paragon of virtue.

O Giulia Farnese, called the Beautiful (Marta Gastini) capable - not yet fifteen - to maneuver Rodrigo, the future Pope Alexander VI, thanks to his good looks and his insight on what is more convenient to pursue. After starring in the role of the possessed to The Rite by Mikael Hafstrom, is the wife of a bloodsucker in Dracula 3D Dario Argento (out November 22) and the emo girl in Bad things by Simone Gandolfo. "I was always seen as the good girl and shy - she says - I'm glad you have found my dark side." On the one hand that the Pope will be costly.

Lucrezia (Isolda Dychauk, the Gretchen Sokurov's Faust, the Golden Lion at Venice 2011), only daughter of Rodrigo, is no exception. He knows the art of manipulation, and with her long curly hair, in the manner of Lucrezia in paintings of the time, is a master of intrigue. The one that makes the viewer understand just how things is John Doman (The Wire) aka Alexander VI: glares wickedly at a glance, and certainly his looks are not deceptive.

The second season of Borgia, twenty-four episodes from fifty minutes of violence, murder, lust, politics, faith, drugs, incest, betrayal, you're shooting in recent weeks between Bracciano, Sermoneta, Spoleto, places where historical events took place. It is an international co-production European Union, the royal are different for each episode, and are handled by Dearbhla Walsh, Christoph Schrewe, Metin Huseyin and Thomas Vincent. Will air next summer and will revolve around the rise of Valentino, Cesare Borgia, who inspired the figure of Machiavelli's Prince (in the third series the focus will Lucrezia).

No rules, either in love or in war. If we start from this assumption, things can only get worse. "The human experiment - says Tom Fontana, creator of the project supervisor and director - has made progress since the days of the Borgias. What fascinates me about Pope Alexander VI, if we can believe the historians, is that emanated decrees that all Christians had to obey.

However Rodrigo and his children ignore these decrees when it was convenient for them. That rules are made to be broken could be the motto of the family. " "The history of the Borgias is present - Doman explains - because men do not change, the emotional reactions to situations, love, anger, jealousy, are identical. Rodrigo was a complex man, but to be in places where the Borgias really lived, slept, walked, very inspiring work, it helps. "

The new series starts from 1494: Juan, the eldest son of Rodrigo, died a few months ago. The Pope is depressed and takes vitriol. It 's the time of Cesare, the youngest son. Intelligent, charming, poised between religious fanaticism and corruption. "In the first season was a boy tormented and confused - said Ryder - has now decided to become a leader and for him everything is permitted. Has a link to his lonely sister, Lucrezia. But it is a true love, the kind that you may have in relation to their mother. " Unbuttons a little 'more Isolda / Lucrezia: "We love each other deeply, but we understand that it is not right to stay together and that we can not show in public, ever. He is in France, I am in Spoleto, but when I see the meetings are very ... intense. "

Alexander VI, for its part, continues the relationship with the young Giulia. "Beloved by the most powerful person in Europe - says Gastini - has been able to exploit the situation to his advantage. In the first season is a girl wakes up, seductive. Pope moves like a marionette. Now comes to light as a mother Julia. It 's more fragile, he realized what will be his destiny, he has already seen the mistresses of the Pope that preceded it. It is now in love with Rodrigo, but he knows that he might get tired of her. "

Borgia is also a great excuse to remember what they have significance in the history of humanity the last ten years of 1400: Leonardo da Vinci began working at the Last Supper, Michelangelo's Pietà and creates Dürer painted his portrait. The meeting with the Italian art for Alexander VI? "Too much religion for my taste. I love instead Caravaggio - explains Doman - who has managed to go beyond the devotional art, and Bernini, the great way to make living statues. It 'impressive Apollo and Daphne in the Galleria Borghese was born from a block of marble. "

They seem to refer to Giulia as being not yet 15? I dont remember that in Borgia her being that young, I thought she was a few years older than Lucrezia?
Old 11-11-2012, 07:24 AM
New Fan

Hi everyone !
Nina, I remember you were wondering who will play Caterina Sforza in Borgia. I you don't know yet, it is Valentina Cervi:

source: Festival Internazionale del Film di Roma - Valentina Cervi

Have a nice sunday!
Old 11-11-2012, 07:34 AM
Elite Fan

Juza - That is amazing news! Thanks so much for bringing that over. I mean come on! They cast Salome of "True Blood" as Caterina Sforza? Way to go Fontana!

Source: vanityfair.it

Roon - did you translate it yourself? I was too tired to do that yesterday and I only skimmed through the article. I understood Giulia to be 15 on 'Borgia' as she was in reality, I think. Lucrezia being two years younger.

Old 11-11-2012, 07:39 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
[B]

Roon - did you translate it yourself? I was too tired to do that yesterday and I only skimmed through the article. I understood Giulia to be 15 on 'Borgia' as she was in reality, I think. Lucrezia being two years younger.
Hehe no, my Italian is very basic, I used Google Translate for 95% of it

I must have got that wrong on Borgia then, I thought they were a couple of years older.
Old 11-11-2012, 07:42 AM
Elite Fan

No, I think the point was that they were both as young as in reality. Therefore no "Marquise de Merteuil"-esque Giulia as on The Borgias.

I mean as I pointed out when I posted the link there are quite a few things wrong in that article. I guess people aren't really into fact checking these days.

Old 11-11-2012, 07:58 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
No, I think the point was that they were both as young as in reality. Therefore no "Marquise de Merteuil"-esque Giulia as on The Borgias.

I mean as I pointed out when I posted the link there are quite a few things wrong in that article. I guess people aren't really into fact checking these days.
I'm sure that article said Cesare had a blonde beard too (the Jesus bit)... at no point in the show has Mark Ryder been even vaguely blonde!
Old 11-11-2012, 08:14 AM
Elite Fan

I don't think it's a translation problem, the problem is in the content of the article.

Old 11-11-2012, 08:42 AM
Dedicated Fan

Thats what I meant.
Old 11-11-2012, 08:48 AM
Elite Fan

Sad but true. I'm still very excited about Valentina Cervi!

Old 11-11-2012, 10:57 AM
Fan Forum Star

Well, that's a Caterina Sforza I'm really gonna like.
Old 11-11-2012, 11:00 AM
Elite Fan

I'm sure she'll be amazing. I'm all excited!

Closed Thread   Post New Thread