Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 10-31-2012, 11:16 AM
Fan Forum Star

Thank you for the info, Nina. To be honest, I can't wait to see how Mark will portray Cesare the next season.
Old 10-31-2012, 12:06 PM
Elite Fan

I'm looking forward to... a lot of things. Mostly Michelle Tate playing Isabella, Lucrezia's half-sister. Plus the news that we will see Felice della Rovere made me squee and that Alfonso D'Este will be back, he and Lucrezia were so funny together in their scenes last season.

Plus that picture on the previous page makes me hope that we see a lot more of the costumes next season. Isolda looks so cute.

You might want to rethink marrying the lines "Kids are dead! Kids are dead!" ("Happy days are here again.").
Old 10-31-2012, 12:30 PM
Fan Forum Star

Yep, it looks like the costumes really evolved this season.
Old 10-31-2012, 12:37 PM
Elite Fan

Now I hope we get to see them in daylight instead of them being obscured by candlelight.

You might want to rethink marrying the lines "Kids are dead! Kids are dead!" ("Happy days are here again.").
Old 10-31-2012, 12:59 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Isolda looks really good in those pics! And I agree, the lighting and cinematography looks much improved.

You're not a meanie, Nina. I still can't take Doman too seriously as Rodrigo when he sounds like a taxi cab driver.
Old 10-31-2012, 01:30 PM
Elite Fan

Isolda is the cutest.

Old 11-01-2012, 11:38 AM
Fan Forum Legend

She has that "little girl innocence" quality about her. Very different from Holliday's "come-hither" look.
Old 11-01-2012, 01:37 PM
Fan Forum Star

Isolda is portraying completely different Lucrezia from what I can compare. And it's actually really good.
Old 11-01-2012, 02:29 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I think both are a little promiscuous. Isolda's Lucrezia seems a bit more needy when it comes to sex.
Old 11-01-2012, 11:43 PM
Fan Forum Star

A bit more needy and... a little bit spoiled.
Old 11-02-2012, 04:16 AM
Elite Fan

I think Isolda's Lucrezia lost her illusions about what her life will be like a lot quicker than Holliday's. Perhaps she didn't have all too many in the first place since she didn't know that Rodrigo was her father for the longest time (which is historically absolutely possible). And you see that when she refuses another bribe from Rodrigo in form of a pretty necklace. As for spoilt: I don't agree Holliday's Lucrezia's tantrums about who to marry or not were just as bratty. And it was merely for selfish reasons. While Isolda's Lucrezia, well, at least she really told herself until she believed it that she had a calling from God. Or perhaps she had, who I am I to judge.

Old 11-02-2012, 03:29 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Well, I think that Holliday's Lucrezia felt more like she was being used as a piece of meat, wheras Isolda's seemed like she went from wanting to be a nun to being in a big hurry to have sex. But I never said she was spoiled.
Old 11-02-2012, 07:42 PM
Elite Fan

Well for her it was pretty much like... (paraphrasing Rodrigo and Adriana here) Oh, you are engaged to this guy, oh wait we found a better one, oh wait now we found a husband for you and no, you cannot have sex. Like ever. What? You want to become a nun? How utterly silly! I'll send my scheming ****ty mistress after you to persuade you to come back so I can give you to someone else, who is yet to be determined. You don't want to come back? Srsly? Oh well, I'm going to send this boy, he is cute, right Vanozza, he is cute? He'll cure her from that religious nonsense with his penis. Oh but no, you cannot marry him, d'uh. But no worries, I'll look for another one of them husbands for you, promise kiddo!

If that isn't manipulating and showing no regard for your daughter's feelings, I don't know.

Old 11-03-2012, 01:16 AM
Fan Forum Star

You're right, Nina. I think everything that mattered for Rodrigo was the politics.
Old 11-03-2012, 11:49 AM
Elite Fan

I think that shows a lot about people's mindset back in the day. Because so many children died before they grew up, they didn't feel the kind of attachment we do today.

So I often think that on The Borgias we get to see a lot of feelings and actions that are un-authentic and not making sense. Like the baby for instance. A friend of mine said lately that they had to do this because otherwise the Americans would have found it unnatrual because they are confronted daily with shows like Teen Mom or Pregnant and 16.

Oh and before we get back to News & Appearances, I think for The Borgias' Lucrezia it went something like this ... (again paraphrasing Rodrigo) Well, Lucrezia has to marry, so glad she is excited about it even if we had to kill her friend for the dowry. Oh look Caterina says, she knows someone, let's take him. After the wedding: Hm... that guy looked kind of shady is that what is causing my nightmares or Giulia forgetting to give me my heartburn medication. Oh nevermind. Oh wow, you are back and he really was awful? Np I'll give you a divorce. But what's with the baby? Immaculate conception you say? Well then it's fine. Later... oh there is a father? How very unbecoming! But Juan took care of it? ExcellentOh-no-I'm-sorry-you-know-I-just-can't-show-it. You know, you should marry again. [Lucrezia throws tantrum of TVD!Klaus-esque proportions] My that was unpleasant, Vanozza? Look there is that nice guy and he gives you a puppy, how about him? [Another Klaus-esque tantrum] Vanozza?! Hm, what about that nice chap over there then, he's good looking, y/n? [Tantrum, again] Vanozzaaaaaa!!!!!!!!!!! Oh, so glad you finally agreed to marry him... what does he mean he can't marry you because you slept with his brother? I'm so bloody embarrassed, they'll never take me seriously again in Genoa. What do you say, Vanozza? That lad from Naples? Yeah I asked him over but he must have got lost on the way. Oh here he finallly is? You're excited to marry him?! Oh splendid, now that's taken care of.

Last edited by Nikki K; 11-03-2012 at 12:41 PM
Closed Thread   Post New Thread