Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 10-27-2012, 12:39 AM
Fan Forum Star

Then that's something that we should really do.
Old 10-27-2012, 06:41 AM
Elite Fan

bloody double posts

You might want to rethink marrying the lines "Kids are dead! Kids are dead!" ("Happy days are here again.").

Last edited by Nikki K; 10-27-2012 at 06:48 AM
Old 10-27-2012, 06:42 AM
Elite Fan

Man, Fontana is casting characters I'd really really would have given my ... supper ... to see on Jordan's version:

Quote:
We can now announce that the lovely Ellie Darcey-Alden has been confirmed for the role of Felice Della Rovere in Sky Atlantic's 'Borgia' shooting in Prague and Italy
Source: http://www.ajmanagement.co.uk/

Source: picstopin.com

Amongst other things, Harry Potter fans must surely remember her as a young Lily Potter in the last movie.

You might want to rethink marrying the lines "Kids are dead! Kids are dead!" ("Happy days are here again.").

Last edited by Nikki K; 10-27-2012 at 08:53 AM
Old 10-27-2012, 07:08 AM
Dedicated Fan

I'm a bit confused by that as Sky Atlantic don't show Borgia to my knowledge, do they mean The Borgias?
Old 10-27-2012, 08:48 AM
Elite Fan

No they don't. The Sky network's Italian branch sponsors 'Borgia' alongside HBO, Canal+ and ZDF and some Spanish channel (I'm really bad with acronyms). Sky Atlantic shows 'Borgia' in Italy, that's where I first watched it last year.

Besides 'The Borgias' is shot near Budapest. Whereas 'Borgia' is shot in Prague and now also at original historical Italian locations like the castle in Bracciano. I'm really excited about this.

ETA: Sorry about that, got the picture to work now.

Last edited by Nikki K; 10-27-2012 at 08:56 AM
Old 10-27-2012, 10:40 AM
Dedicated Fan

Ah gotcha, I forgot about Sky Italia. In the UK its only available on Netflix, not on any TV channel that I know of.
Old 10-27-2012, 01:01 PM
Fan Forum Legend

It's okay, Roon. Boriga is only available on Netflix here as well. None of the stations here carry it.
Old 10-27-2012, 03:47 PM
Elite Fan

HBO wanted to but Showtime beat them with an earlier release date. Which is why they are marketing it via netflix now to get some of their money out of it. To a degree I understand: ZDF showed Borgia here and it had exceptionally high ratings, the week it was over, Pro7 started airing The Borgias and it totally tanked, miserable ratings, I doubt they will show the second season (not that that is a loss). The average viewer just doesn't really care to see the same thing twice in a row.

Old 10-30-2012, 10:49 AM
Dedicated Fan

A german article interviewing cast members and Tom Fontana about series 2 of Borgia here: http://kundendienst.orf.at/aktuelles/borgia2.html

I read the gist of it with google translate but can anyone translate it properly?

Quote:
Tom Fontana, "I am the Pope"

Tom Fontana, the production as a "show runner" from beginning to end, accompanied on his work: "I'm basically in charge of everything and have all the final say, the emergence of stories about working with screenwriters and directors, as well to audition, and I am so much on the set, as it gets. I am responsible for the final cut of each episode, the music. The only thing I do not sure, is the lunch. And I'm here for everyone boss, I'm the Pope. 'Cause I think if you want to make a series that will provide an overall picture, then they need a person who wants to say something about the world in which we live, in this case it is the the Renaissance. And I have an overview of the whole story. " About the cast: "When we started to turn, were the youngest of our cast have babies before you had more than one or two jobs and now they are getting better and better at the beginning they asked me questions I am now.... he who asks the questions, because they know a lot more about their roles - and that's the beauty of a series when the fire rekindled in the cast and they say, 'I know these people.' "
Thats a bit of what Google translate gave out.
Old 10-30-2012, 10:50 AM
Dedicated Fan

Grah argh! FF server issues again.

Last edited by Roon; 10-30-2012 at 10:56 AM Reason: The usual!
Old 10-30-2012, 10:55 AM
Elite Fan

Wasn't on my agenda tonight but I guess I can. This is actually an article on the website of the major Austrian broadcasting system. Give me a moment or however long it takes.

Old 10-30-2012, 10:59 AM
Dedicated Fan

Thanks thats great. You can get the overall meaning from google but honestly bits of it were hilariously odd!
Old 10-30-2012, 12:10 PM
Elite Fan

Ahm yeah... I'm not a translator either so... it goes something like this:

Quote:
"Silence, attention!" The filming of the second season of 'Borgia' comes to an end

The sequel of the international historical media event with ORF-involvement starring Doman, Dychauk, Sawatzki and Rubey

While the two ORF-co-productions "Gates of the World" (November 1st) and "The legacy of the travelling whore" (November 13th) take the ORF audience back to the medieval ages, the ORF is also taking a look back elsewhere: A look into a time, when the members of the disreputable, unscrupulous and violent aristocratic dynasty Boriga became the most elusive characters of the Renaissance.

Because since March and probably until November it is the end of the 15th century in Italy. Because there and in the Czech Republic the filming of the second season of the multi-part international television event 'Borgia', with participation of the ORF, is in its final stages. The second season of the historical drama opens a new chapter in the chronicles of the originally Spanish dynasty, that came into power and riches in Italy. The story starts in 1494, eight months after the death of Rodrigo Borgia's eldest son. The focus of attention is on the meteoric rise of his younger brother Cesare Borgia.

The series is filmed in English, the cast is international: Next to US American actor John Doman ("Blue Valentine", "Company Men") as Rodrigo Borgia/Pope Alexander VI, the Brit Mark Ryder, the Spanish Assumpta Serna and the Italian Marta Gastini can be seen alongside German actresses Isolda Dychauk ("Crime Scene") and Andrea Sawatzki ("My daughter, her boyfriend and I": December 5th on ORF2) and for the first time Sebastian Urzendowsky ("The Counterfeiter"). Three Austrians also add to the team in front of the camera: The Viennese Manuel Rubey who already played Giovanni Sforza, Lucrezia Borgia's first husband, in the first series as well as the Lower Austrian Babsie Steger and the Upper Austrian Carl Achleitner are co-starring.

John Doman says, "I already felt like a real Borgia during the first season. It is amazing, the role of my life. Such a complex and difficult character with emotional problems and great goals – a focal figure. I adore his zest for life, the love for his family. But of course there are no doubts that he has an extreme personality. Probably the biggest difference between the first and the second season is that Rodrigo is going through a self-destructive phase. It is a very difficult time for him." The biggest challenge when it comes to the role: "I find it easier to portray a strong character like Rodrigo. But in a certain way he is also weak and vulnerable. This is probably the most difficult part for me." About the filming: "We already had great locations in the Czech Republich during the first season, but this here is authentic. The Borgias actually walked on these streets, lived in these rooms – this is very inspiring and exciting."

The 19 year old Isolda Dychauk reprises her role as Lucrezia Borgia, Rodrigo's beloved daughter: "Since I'm part of this production, my views on the Borgias have changed a lot. That may sound strange, but I almost experience a sense of family. I have a feeling that Lucrezia is some kind of kindred spirit. And I know her so well now that I don't see her as a superficial character but try to explain why she acted like she did and how she would have behaved in certain situations. All that is very special to me. Lucrezia's personality has developed, and I have also grown up to a degree. She is an incredibly spirited, intelligent and strong young woman. She gains more and more power, and in the second season she starts getting into politics. This was a really big step for me. Scenes where I have to perform in front of a big audience – that was challenging." Dychauk has to allow for ninety minutes on average daily when it comes to make-up and wardrobe: "The costumes are actually very important in order to empathize with the era. Last year I still had problems with the sheer weight of the costumes, but this year I'm used to it." About the filming in Italy: "Everything 'explodes'. The images are so much richer and more intense. When I stood in Lucrezia's actual room with her actual bed, I had goosebumps all over. It was incredible and inexplicable. I never expected for this to touch me so deeply."

Tom Fontana, who supervised the production as "show runner" from beginning to end says about his work: "I'm basically in charge and have the final word on everything, from the development of the storylines to the cooperation with screenwriters and directors, even to the casting. Plus I'm on set as often as possible. I am responsible for the final cut of every single episode and for the music. The only thing that I surely don't do is to prepare lunch. Otherwise I'm everybody's boss, I am the pope. Because I think in order to make a show that is supposed to provide a toal picture, you need one person, who wants to say something about this world in which the characters live, and in this case it's the era of the Renaissance. And I have a historical review." About the cast: "When we started filming, the youngest of our cast were still babies. They had only had one or two acting jobs before. And now they are getting better and better. In the beginning they asked me questions. Now it is me who asks them because they know so much more about their characters – this is the beauty of shooting a series, when it kindles a fire in the actors and when they can say: 'I know this person.'"
Original Source

Last edited by Nikki K; 10-30-2012 at 02:08 PM
Old 10-30-2012, 12:55 PM
Dedicated Fan

Thats great thanks Nina
Old 10-30-2012, 02:12 PM
Elite Fan

I hope that was more comprehensible than google translate but you can never be sure.

Doman saying that Rodrigo suffers emotional problems kind of made me laugh. I know I'm a meanie. But he might as well have said "Dude has issues, srsly!"

ETA: Found new pictures and an article. In English this time. Reading it (and the one in the last thread in the OP, I believe) I just love how aware both Mark and Isolda are of their characters' flaws.

Quote:
In this photo taken Monday, Oct. 29, 2012, actress Isolda Dychauk playing the character of Lucrezia Borgia waits for the start of the shooting of "Borgia" tv series, in Sermoneta, Italy. The Italian economy may be struggling but the pan-European television series “Borgia,” which is now filming its second season in Italy, is a thriving hit on the world market. Spanning the late Middle Ages to the early Renaissance period, the show follows the famous Borgia family's rise to power and subsequent domination of the Vatican and southern Europe's political landscape. A winning combination of sex, violence, faith, lust and betrayal, the primarily French-German production has been sold in 85 countries worldwide. Photo: Gregorio Borgia / AP

Isolda and in the last picture I believe it's Valentina in the background.

Quote:
SERMONETA, Italy (AP) — Who doesn't love a wealthy family's bloody saga?

The Italian economy may be struggling but the pan-European television series "Borgia," which is now filming its second season in Italy, is a thriving hit on the world market.

Spanning the late Middle Ages to the early Renaissance period, the show follows the famous Borgia family's rise to power and subsequent domination of the Vatican and southern Europe's political landscape. A winning combination of sex, violence, faith, lust and betrayal, the primarily French-German production has been sold in 85 countries worldwide.

The first season follows the brutally ambitious Catalan Cardinal Rodrigo Borgia (played by U.S. actor John Doman) and his ruthless climb to become Pope Alexander VI. The second season, currently shooting, begins in 1494 and its focus slowly moves to his charismatic son Cesare Borgia (played by Irish actor Mark Ryder), the famed warrior prince who inspired Niccolo Machiavelli's "The Prince."

Ryder said the biggest challenge has been taking his character from a whiny young boy in the first season to a "magnificent man of the Renaissance" in the second.

An Associated Press TV crew visited the set near Rome, where there are twenty-four different nationalities among the "Borgia" crew. Doman, best known for his role in the U.S. hit HBO TV series "The Wire" says it's a unique experience to work on such a multi-cultural production.

"We have all come from different places and we are all together working here on this project about a family and we've really kind of gelled as a family," he told the AP.

On the set, a stocky Italian charges across the courtyard of the Caetani Castle and yells, "Action, silenzio!" prompting a tall, blond German to lift a movie camera off a metal frame and an Italian stunt woman to hoist herself onto a horse. Dozens of extras immediately snap to attention.

Nearby in a black tent, a British director was following the action closely on a monitor while an Irish actor enjoyed a cigarette on his break, careful not to dirty his red velvet cardinal's robes.

The executive producer, American Tom Fontana, says producers searched far and wide to assemble the talent working on "Borgia."

"We were always determined to have the best actors, the best designers, the most talented people here, regardless of what country they come from," he said. "Everyone who is here knows they are here because we think they are the best."

While the talent comes from around the globe, Irish actor Diarmuid Noyes (who plays Cardinal Alessandro Farnese) says the work ethic comes straight from their team of directors.

"Every day for eight months (they) are on the ball and they just bash it out, and they are shooting, shooting, shooting, shooting," he said. "They never let up!"

With a budget of €30 million ($38.7 million), the second season of Beta Film's "Borgia" is being shot over eight months in both Italy and the Czech Republic. Italy alone will feature 20 separate locations.

According to Beta Film, "Borgia" was the highest-rated original series on Canal+ in France and in Italy on Sky Italia. On Germany's public broadcaster ZDF, the company said it was the fictional primetime winner every night.

Read more: http://www.ctpost.com/entertainment/...#ixzz2AoypGzqG
There are more pictures on the website.

Last edited by Nikki K; 10-30-2012 at 02:48 PM
Closed Thread   Post New Thread