Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 05-17-2012, 04:57 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by lunas_borednow (View Post)
Jaime's weirwood dream is a must! They can cut it down... even leave out the nudity if Nic insists but damn it he has to DREAM OF HER!
Hmmm - maybe they'll persaude NCW to do a nude bath scene if Gwendoline does?! After all, it's only a nude scene, not a sex scene. YET, she thinks, fanning self and wondering about books 6 and 7

And yes - any scene after ASOS with Jaime or Brienne showing jealousy / anger towards people who insult their 'other half' would be appreciated. They'll have to show something, surely, as otherwise Brienne's scene with Lady Stoneheart, and her refusal to betray Jaime, won't make any sense. If he was "just" Kingslayer and meant nothing to her, she would have agreed to betray him. Oh werll, that's at least 2 seasons awayl, so plenty of time for lots of wonderful J/B and their river / road trip.

Alas, a year to go. How quickly can we get to Season 3?
Old 05-17-2012, 05:10 PM
Elite Fan

I want that bath scene... and they don't have to show him below the waist if he's nervous!
Old 05-17-2012, 08:16 PM
Absolute Fan

I have hopes that will get the punch scene. Apparently, book 4 and 5 would be mixed in two season. So they will have time to do all Jaime scenes( shipper thinking).

About Arianne Martell, I like Eva green, also I would love to see, althought I know that both are too tall, to Ruth Wilson or Viva Bianca. But, I just love them so Im completly biased.

Please, excuse me. My english is poor.
Old 05-17-2012, 09:57 PM
Elite Fan

I always imagined the Martell's as being Indian/Middle-Eastern looking...

I love how Jaime's thoughts are actually absent in the punch scene! It won't change a bit from the book to the screen!
Old 05-18-2012, 05:17 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
I love how Jaime's thoughts are actually absent in the punch scene! It won't change a bit from the book to the screen!
That's true. "Connington laughed; Jaime did not" should translate beautifully on-screen!

‘If I fall and die, it will still have been worth it,’ she had thought.
Old 05-18-2012, 06:40 AM
Loyal Fan

Ugh, here I go again getting all soft and fluffy for this ship. But this gif reminded me of J/B so much:

I suppose it reminds me of them because everything does because like I said in my earlier post, they get each other and there is no judgement between them, when the rest of the world judges them.

All together now.... awwwww!
Old 05-18-2012, 09:03 AM
Master Fan

Jaime only needed one person to know the truth behind the whole messy Kingslayer business. Turns out, that one person was Brienne.

"Why am I telling this absurd ugly child?", he wondered...

Old 05-18-2012, 09:55 AM
Elite Fan

He needed her to know he was more than what she thought...
Old 05-18-2012, 11:14 AM
New Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Currawong (View Post)
Hmmm - maybe they'll persaude NCW to do a nude bath scene if Gwendoline does?! After all, it's only a nude scene, not a sex scene. YET, she thinks, fanning self and wondering about books 6 and 7
I'm not sure, but I think Nikolaj has a no-nudity clause.
Old 05-18-2012, 11:38 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
He needed her to know he was more than what she thought...
I love that Brienne was the one that he chose to open up to about the biggest moment of his life. The people he was closest to - Tyrion and Cersei - neither of them know the truth.

Only his wench.

Quote:
Originally Posted by palmina84 (View Post)
I'm not sure, but I think Nikolaj has a no-nudity clause.
There are ways around this!

Use a body-double for any rear-end (or front-end shots!), as Jaime is sinking into the water, or collapsing into Brienne's arms.

Nik for everything else.

Old 05-18-2012, 12:26 PM
New Fan

I think Brienne and Jaime will set off in next episode

I do believe we'll see the beginning of the Jamie/Brienne road trip soon during episode 9 or season finale.
Old 05-18-2012, 02:42 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by IceKat055 (View Post)
I love that Brienne was the one that he chose to open up to about the biggest moment of his life. The people he was closest to - Tyrion and Cersei - neither of them know the truth.

Only his wench.

There are ways around this!

Use a body-double for any rear-end (or front-end shots!), as Jaime is sinking into the water, or collapsing into Brienne's arms.

Nik for everything else.
Yeah it's not a hard fix... *snickers* as long as he is willing to be shirtless all is good.
Old 05-18-2012, 03:33 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by IceKat055 (View Post)
That's true. "Connington laughed; Jaime did not" should translate beautifully on-screen!
Especially as Nik is superb at acting just with his eyes and body language. The recent Ep 7, his wonderful Series 1 scene with Charles Dance, and his changing expressions in the fight with Ned.

* wants lots more Nik*

Quote:
I suppose it reminds me of them because everything does because like I said in my earlier post, they get each other and there is no judgement between them, when the rest of the world judges them.

All together now.... awwwww!
Yes. They start out by having the usual preconceptions about "Kingslayer" and "that woman" but I love the way things shift. And in both cases the first step is when they assess each other as fighters and warriors, which is what they both are.

One of the first 'good' things Jaime notices about Brienne are her eyes - not just how blue they are, but how they are so very calm in the pursuit scene on the river. He's a soldier through and through, and as we see in other scenes with him, he is very aware of subtleties in body language and expression when assessing people. He's already realised that she's strong and competent at rowing and navigating the river, but now he is making an even more important assessment when they are faced with danger. She doesn't go to pieces (unlike panicky Cleos), she quietly plans, gives orders and takes action - and it's good effective action. Soldier Jaime truly appreciates that. One of his subconscious reasons for pulling her back into the boat and not hitting her over the head with the oar!

And then there's their sword fight scene when the warrior side of Brienne really appreciates Jaime as a fighter. He's weak and out of practice from his imprisonment, yet he can still nearly beat her. She doesn't yet like him as a person, but she 'gets' the fighter Jaime.
Old 05-18-2012, 04:37 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Yeah it's not a hard fix... *snickers* as long as he is willing to be shirtless all is good.
Pun intended, I assume?

Quote:
One of the first 'good' things Jaime notices about Brienne are her eyes - not just how blue they are, but how they are so very calm in the pursuit scene on the river.
And "pretty"...don't forget "pretty"...

Quote:
He's a soldier through and through, and as we see in other scenes with him, he is very aware of subtleties in body language and expression when assessing people. He's already realised that she's strong and competent at rowing and navigating the river, but now he is making an even more important assessment when they are faced with danger. She doesn't go to pieces (unlike panicky Cleos), she quietly plans, gives orders and takes action - and it's good effective action. Soldier Jaime truly appreciates that. One of his subconscious reasons for pulling her back into the boat and not hitting her over the head with the oar!

Their first book scene together is SO important; I hope & pray that D&D re-read Jaime's first chapter in ASoS and get it right.

Am getting nervous.

Old 05-18-2012, 07:33 PM
Loyal Fan

Their first scene together is so good, when I re-read it I don't understand how I didn't ship them on the first page. What I love is Jaime's gleeful attitude, he is reveling in his quasi-freedom and happy to be outside. Brienne is grumpy, and he needles her incessantly. It will be really entertaining!