Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 05-16-2012, 03:42 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ABoleyn1230 (View Post)
I'm mixed up about what I prefer, because on one hand (pun intended) it would make a great cliffhanger, and I want J/B interaction nownownow! But, if they waited, it might mean they stretch out the road trip rather than quickly jumping to Bloody Mummers... which would give us even more J/B next season. There is a lot of fun to be had before the Mummers - the Inn of the Kneeling Man, Brienne cliff diving, some classic line of bickering in the boat. But April.... so far away! The shipping business is hard work!
See, there you go being all logical.

Ok, true...the "less is more" approach in this season would drag it out and give us more More MORE in next season. But I want it now Now NOW as well.

*off to start an HBO petition for a J/B off-season spin-off*

Quote:
"Clegane found Hoat sitting alone in the Hall of a Hundred Hearths, half-mad with pain and fever from a wound that festered. His ear, I’m told."

Jaime had to laugh. Too sweet! His ear! He could scarcely wait to tell Brienne, though the wench wouldn’t find it half so funny as he did.

‘If I fall and die, it will still have been worth it,’ she had thought.
Old 05-16-2012, 03:55 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by IceKat055 (View Post)
I think they'll follow the book. Next time we see them, they'll be canoeing. And being snarky with each other. And being chased. And being new levels of kickass awesome together.

We'll probably get the details of the vows via some sort of expo-dump, during the back&forth that is SURE to come.

I feel pretty confident that we'll get the full canoeing scene (and hopefully another scene or two between them before season-end), what with Gwen's comment in the Access Hollywood interview:

"abusing her constantly" insinuates that we'll see plenty of banter b/t J/B in the final 3 episodes. (Unless Gwen was speaking of Brienne's journey in the book series, which is possible. But I'm hoping she was referring to S2! )
Well, there ARE other inportant story lines in Series 2 besides Jaime / Brienne Which is why I very much doubt we are going to get a great deal more of them in this series. We already know that most of Ep 9 is going to be the battle of Blackwater, and we saw nothing of Stannis, Davos and Melisandre in Ep 7, so we will undoubtedly get more of them in Ep 8. There is too much of the overall story of ACOK remaining to be shown for the writers to 'waste' Series 2 time on very much more J/B, and I expect that Gwendoline was referring to the overall J/B story and character arcs in her comments, as NCW has done himself.

I don't have a problem with them showing the escape and the start of the river journey in Series 2 - in the books, that was described in a few short paragraphs in Jaime's first POV chapter. so whether it is in series 2 or 3 doesn't matter. But much of the J/B journey is TV 'gold' - like Jaime losing his hand, as a cliffhanger ending for one episode in Series 3. Imagine that as a cliffhanger: Jaime held down, the sword or a knife flashing down, a scream from Brienne and probably Jaime .... and then viewers have to wait a week, LOL. We know that ASOS is going to be split over more than one season, so why would the writers try to cram anything of the main J/B story from that book into the remaining three episodes of Series 2?
Old 05-16-2012, 04:40 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Currawong (View Post)
Well, there ARE other inportant story lines in Series 2 besides Jaime / Brienne
BLASPHEMY.

Speaking as a fan of Merlin, I approve this casting for Hyle:

-x-

Old 05-16-2012, 06:06 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
I know, right? Their own spin-off of Road Trip Adventures. Many fans of the series seem to be looking forward to that, even if they don't ship them. Though I don't understand how one can't ship them. I'm so unromantic and even I ship them!

The Robb/"Talisa" thing makes me gag, but when Jaime turns up his nose in distaste and refers to Brienne as a beast, my heart sings with joy! I'm twisted. IT'S LOVE!

I feel like a little kid again, on Christmas Eve. Time is going sooo slowly and I am frustrated and giddy with anticipation.
I never know what is going on in Robb/"Talisa" scenes because I can never hear what they are saying over the sounds of impending DOOOM!

We are all twisted I think because damn if it wasn't so freaking amazingly epic when he kept asking about her in those horrible rude ways! I love it! It's love! It's perfect! It's Jaime and Brienne... it's future Bear Pit! and punching people in the face for saying the same things he's said and having sexy naked dreams about eachother!

Quote:
^^ Those are words of true affection right there! Even Stewie approves.
I think Jaime and Brienne should have their own line of Hallmark greeting cards. "To my favorite bloody stupid wench." or "The first time I saw you... [inside] I didn't even know your sex." Actually, I think Jaime knew very well she was a woman, he saw her and heard her speak when Karstark was yelling at Cat. He was just being a brat.
I want that line of greeting cards! It's totally time to minip some up!
Old 05-16-2012, 07:32 PM
Absolute Fan

Quote:

Ok, true...the "less is more" approach in this season would drag it out and give us more More MORE in next season. But I want it now Now NOW as well.

*off to start an HBO petition for a J/B off-season spin-off*

Quote:
Jaime had to laugh. Too sweet! His ear! He could scarcely wait to tell Brienne, though the wench wouldn’t find it half so funny as he did
:sigh:
I love when he thinks in her.

Please, excuse me. My english is poor.
Old 05-16-2012, 08:50 PM
Loyal Fan

She is on his mind so much, no matter if he is awake or asleep. The great thing about AFfC is getting Brienne's POV and discovering how much she thinks of, and dreams of, Jaime. We start to really see the impact they have had on each other.

Quote:
I don't think the word 'logical' has ever been used with me! Crazy, obsessed, unstable, yes. Logical, no!
Old 05-16-2012, 09:00 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
BLASPHEMY.
LOL @ Blaspheny!

Quote:
She is on his mind so much, no matter if he is awake or asleep. The great thing about AFfC is getting Brienne's POV and discovering how much she thinks of, and dreams of, Jaime. We start to really see the impact they have had on each other.
YES! And she is also subconsciously on his mind too, because he thinks of her at odd moments, and of course, he whacks Red Ronnet. A man who didn't care about Brienne wouldn''t react that way Please, PLEASE keep that scene in, if and when we get to AFFC!! The 'new' Jaime we see in AFFC owes so much to Brienne's influence, even though he would probably take your head off if you actually suggested it Oh well, men often take a little longer to recognise these things

Not sure who I see as Hyle - that pic isn't really my image of him. The person I really WOULD love to see in the series is Robert Carlyle as Qyburn, He is another actor who is so very good at doing Bad or Majorly Screwed Up characters.

Speaking of Jaime, and going OT for a moment: I have decided I want a movie only cast with actors who have done memorable bad guys - imagine the fun you could have with at least three from the following list:-
NCW - our Jaime, and also Clas in Headhunters
Alan Rickman - Die Hard 1 and his Sheriff in Robin Hood, Prince of Thieves
Gary Oldman (pick almost any role, LOL)
Jason Isaacs ( I his Lucius Malfoy)
Mark Strong (Body of Lies, Lord Blackwood in Sherlock Holmes, and Godfrey in Robin Hood) - he would have been my #1 choice for Stannis
Robert Carlyle
Christopher Lee

Last edited by Currawong; 05-16-2012 at 09:12 PM
Old 05-17-2012, 05:28 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
And we're not going to get those thoughts/dreams portrayed on-screen, are we? All the times she thinks of Jaime giving her the sword, and how she has to fulfill her oath for him...how she can't fail Jaime...how he climbed into the tub with her...

And Jaime's weirwood dream...

Quote:
I don't think the word 'logical' has ever been used with me! Crazy, obsessed, unstable, yes. Logical, no!
Logical doesn't suit us this thread you at all.

-x-

Kinda explains “Blue is a good color on you, my lady,” Jaime observed. “It goes well with your eyes.”

She does have astonishing eyes.

Quote:
Alan Rickman - Die Hard 1 and his Sheriff in Robin Hood, Prince of Thieves
"...and call off Christmas!!!" still makes me

Old 05-17-2012, 06:47 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
And we're not going to get those thoughts/dreams portrayed on-screen, are we? All the times she thinks of Jaime giving her the sword, and how she has to fulfill her oath for him...how she can't fail Jaime...how he climbed into the tub with her...

And Jaime's weirwood dream...
It's going to be very interesting to see how they manage to show the developing J/B relationship, seeing so much of it happens after he sends her away on the quest. There's really no-one for Brienne to talk to and show how she feels, except that scene where she breaks down in tears on the Quiet Isle. Perhaps they'll have her talk a little to Pod as they ride along. One option would be to have them showing more open affection before she leaves KL, in perhaps an added scene on the road or in KL, perhaps Jaine visiting her in the tower prision or something, and talking to her about Tyrion's trial.

I don't think any of us would mind if they added any of those scenes, would we?!

Jaime's feelings are a little easier, as we have the Red Ronnet scene, and they could also do something like having him mutter to Ilyn Payne after one of their training sessions that he (Jaime) should have kept Brienne around to fight with, as at least she'd be kind enough to tend to his bruises! Poor dear
Old 05-17-2012, 08:32 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
One option would be to have them showing more open affection before she leaves KL, in perhaps an added scene on the road or in KL, perhaps Jaine visiting her in the tower prision or something, and talking to her about Tyrion's trial.
Open Affection, I like. Open Affection would be good.

Quote:
I don't think any of us would mind if they added any of those scenes, would we?!
Objections?

*crickets*

Quote:
Jaime's feelings are a little easier, as we have the Red Ronnet scene, and they could also do something like having him mutter to Ilyn Payne after one of their training sessions that he (Jaime) should have kept Brienne around to fight with, as at least she'd be kind enough to tend to his bruises! Poor dear
I know they have to cut lots and lots and LOTS of scenes - - but I really do hope that one is left in. Jaime wandering back to the bear pit (without really realizing where he's going... ), bristling at Ronnet's comments, and finally that pop in the mouth. It's one of the most beautiful J/B moments we've gotten to date! (And on-screen, it'd be a great opportunity for them to show a little jealousy from Jaime, when he learns that Brienne had been engaged before. )

Old 05-17-2012, 09:46 AM
Elite Fan

omg seeing a little jealousy from Jaime I will DIE A THOUSAND DEATHS I want it so badly like more than anything right now it will quite possibly be the

if not I'm gonna be like this with the writers
Old 05-17-2012, 09:52 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
“How is it that you did not wed?” Jaime asked him.

“Why, i went to tarth and saw her. I had six years on her, yet the wench could look me in the eye. She was a sow in silk, though most sows have bigger teats. When she tried to talk she almost choked on her own tongue. I gave her a rose and told her it was all that she would ever have from me.” connington glanced into the pit. “The bear was less hairy than that freak, I’ll—”

Jaime’s golden hand cracked him across the mouth so hard the other knight went stumbling down the steps. His lantern fell and smashed, and the oil spread out, burning. “You are speaking of a highborn lady, ser. Call her by her name. Call her Brienne.”

Connington edged away from the spreading flames on his hands and knees. “Brienne. If it please my lord.” He spat a glob of blood at Jaime’s foot. “Brienne the Beauty.”
Perfection.

Last edited by IceKat055; 05-17-2012 at 09:57 AM
Old 05-17-2012, 11:36 AM
Loyal Fan

Oh, but they would have to show Jaime's weirwood dream, wouldn't they? Because that leads to one of his most popular lines ever, the ship motto -- "I dreamed of you." Shippers and non-shippers alike love it! It's his whole reason for going back to get her. I don't think they have done a dream sequence on GoT before (have they?...), but if any show can avoid the cheesy/cliche trap, they could. And Nikolaj would act the f * * * out of it!

If they don't show the Ronnet scene exactly how it is, I hope they at least have Jaime punch someone for insulting Brienne. (I'm truly not a bloodthirsty person, I swear) It's an important scene for Jaime's personal growth because he himself once talked about Brienne that way, to her face. But now he won't stand hearing it! Likewise, in AFfC Brienne gets angry and walks out of the room at an inn when she overhears some men calling Jaime an oathbreaker and a kingslayer. The very same words she once used to describe him! They now really get each other, in a way they just have themselves to turn to now because there is not the judgement of "OMG she is ugly" or "U suck Kingslayer".

Jealousy would be good. If Hyle Hunt survives, I'd love for he and Jaime to have a scene together. With Hyle talking about wanting to marry Brienne for her father's lands. Maybe Goldenhand can dole out another pimp slap.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Currawong
perhaps Jaine visiting her in the tower prision or something, and talking to her about Tyrion's trial.
I would love, loooove something like this, him confiding in her. I can visualize this. Although, since Loras said outright he doesn't blame Brienne for Renly's death, maybe she won't be imprisoned. Yet I want to see that scene where Jaime shoves him and calls him an arrogant pup. There I go being violent again.

Currawong, may I recommend you toss Hans Matheson into your bad-guy movie? His eyes creep me out every time, no matter the role. I actually think he would make a reallllly good Ramsay Bolton. I never understood fancasting until GoT. now I can't stop. While reading, my mind inserted Anthony Head as Qyburn (kindly face with a hidden dark side). I want Eva Green as Arianne Martell. I don't know if I can see Gwaine as Hyle though. I was surprised to see quite a few people ship Hyle and Brienne.

If they do show the vowing/release scene, it would be amusing to see Brienne's reaction to Cat's request. She might be more willing to die for Cat than head off on an adventure with Jaime as her copilot.

Finally (I am writing a novel here), you guys remember me talking about my mom reading asoiaf and how she wasn't feeling the J/B in book 3? Well, there are some promising signs. I had dinner w/ her last night, and she was complaining about how dull AFfC is. But then she mentioned Brienne's scene with Biter, and said...

Mom: I really hope Jaime shows up and saves her

Me: *concentrates on keeping a straight face and says nothing*

She's coming around! I don't tell people in real life about how hard I ship. They would probably have me committed (rightly so). It only takes three signatures!

I hope everything is okay w/Amorith. She hasn't posted since before the last episode. Maybe she is just waiting until she sees it.
Old 05-17-2012, 01:17 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Oh, but they would have to show Jaime's weirwood dream, wouldn't they? Because that leads to one of his most popular lines ever, the ship motto -- "I dreamed of you." Shippers and non-shippers alike love it! It's his whole reason for going back to get her. I don't think they have done a dream sequence on GoT before (have they?...), but if any show can avoid the cheesy/cliche trap, they could. And Nikolaj would act the f * * * out of it!
Bran had dreams in the first season re: the 3-eyed crow. So I see absolutely NO REASON why they can't have Jaime's nekkid dreams next season!!!

Jaime's dream, and returning to fetch his woman, are possibly the most important moments in his development thus far. He wakes and realizes how much he needs her. She's his salvation...and he's damned if he's gonna leave her behind.

Quote:
If they don't show the Ronnet scene exactly how it is, I hope they at least have Jaime punch someone for insulting Brienne. (I'm truly not a bloodthirsty person, I swear) It's an important scene for Jaime's personal growth because he himself once talked about Brienne that way, to her face. But now he won't stand hearing it!
Yes, as long as he punches someone (it'd be all levels of awesome if he punched Cersei... ), we'll be appeased!

Quote:
Likewise, in AFfC Brienne gets angry and walks out of the room at an inn when she overhears some men calling Jaime an oathbreaker and a kingslayer. The very same words she once used to describe him! They now really get each other, in a way they just have themselves to turn to now because there is not the judgement of "OMG she is ugly" or "U suck Kingslayer".
Plus her defense of Jaime to Stoneheart..."he is not the man he was."

Quote:
Jealousy would be good. If Hyle Hunt survives, I'd love for he and Jaime to have a scene together. With Hyle talking about wanting to marry Brienne for her father's lands. Maybe Goldenhand can dole out another pimp slap.
I remember a fanfic somewhere, and that happened. Jaime beat the crap out of Hyle in a jealous fit.

Quote:
I would love, loooove something like this, him confiding in her. I can visualize this. Although, since Loras said outright he doesn't blame Brienne for Renly's death, maybe she won't be imprisoned. Yet I want to see that scene where Jaime shoves him and calls him an arrogant pup. There I go being violent again.
I wondered about that as soon as they had Loras say "I don't believe [Brienne killed Renly]", but they've had others mention that Renly was rumored to have been killed by a woman. So even if it's not Loras that demands justice from Brienne, they can always have someone else calling for her head, so that Jaime has to step in.

But I'm not going to hold my breath for that. It's a beautiful moment for us as shippers, and it's indicative of the trust that they've built & respect between them, but I expect we'll see that in other ways.

Quote:
If they do show the vowing/release scene, it would be amusing to see Brienne's reaction to Cat's request. She might be more willing to die for Cat than head off on an adventure with Jaime as her copilot.
"Who'd want to die defending a Lannister?"

Oh, Brienne...

Quote:
Finally (I am writing a novel here), you guys remember me talking about my mom reading asoiaf and how she wasn't feeling the J/B in book 3? Well, there are some promising signs. I had dinner w/ her last night, and she was complaining about how dull AFfC is. But then she mentioned Brienne's scene with Biter, and said...

Mom: I really hope Jaime shows up and saves her

Me: *concentrates on keeping a straight face and says nothing*

She's coming around! I don't tell people in real life about how hard I ship. They would probably have me committed (rightly so). It only takes three signatures!
Go, mom!

Old 05-17-2012, 03:55 PM
Elite Fan

Jaime's weirwood dream is a must! They can cut it down... even leave out the nudity if Nic insists but damn it he has to DREAM OF HER!