Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 05-15-2012, 08:50 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by FumblingTowardsEcstasy (View Post)
omg is that a woman

I can't wait for him to start calling her wench. I may pee when that happens
Wasn't that great! Oh my heart! My shipper heart!
Old 05-15-2012, 10:17 PM
Part-Time Fan

I expect we will only see one, possibly two, more scenes with Jaime this season, leaving the main story arc with Brienne to Season 3. I wouldn't be surprised if we don't see him at all in Episode 8 or 9, and just get 2 scenes in Episode 10 - the vows to Catelyn, then Jaime and Brienne being smuggled down to the river and a boat. That leaves Jaime and Brienne happily / snarkily paddling away for nearly a year, LOL and everything neatly wrapped up ready for Season 3.

If that's the case, then "wench" may not happen until Season 3
Old 05-15-2012, 10:29 PM
Elite Fan

Well going down river is when he starts Wenching.
Old 05-15-2012, 10:47 PM
Part-Time Fan

LOL - I said going"TO" the river. We may just see them shoving off in a boat and not get any of their fun conversation until next season. Jaime's expression at having THAT thing in charge of him and rowing the boat would be priceless, and a great season ending
Old 05-15-2012, 10:51 PM
Elite Fan

Well Gwen promised Canoeing so I'm holding her to it!
Old 05-15-2012, 11:25 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by lunas_borednow (View Post)
Well Gwen promised Canoeing so I'm holding her to it!
LOL - I'm sure we'll see them head off, and maybe a tiny bit of dialogue, but I reckon the best series ending would have them in the canoe, Brienne rowing / paddling, and manacled Jaime lying back grinning at her. As they disappear round a bend in the river, fadeout until series 3

That of course leaves the loss of his sword hand as a great ending to one episode in Series 3, similar to him throwing Bran out the window.
Old 05-15-2012, 11:34 PM
Elite Fan

That would be a lot of Jaime and Brienne in that first episode...
Old 05-15-2012, 11:55 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
That would be a lot of Jaime and Brienne in that first episode...
Again, I didn't say they would do it all in one episode. As they are going to split ASOS across 2 seasons, he might not lose his hand until Ep 2 or even 3, depending on how they restructure ASOS in terms of the long-term story line.

Of course, I do not MIND having a lot of Jaime / Brienne in any episode!! I have to say - lots more J/B and less Dany (can't someone kill her off? couldn't one of her growing dragons just munch her up for breakfast one day ...?! )
Old 05-16-2012, 12:07 AM
Elite Fan

I'm in favor of lots more J/B... the show could move to just being about them and I'd probably be happy... I'm that addicted.
Old 05-16-2012, 06:11 AM
Loyal Fan

I know, right? Their own spin-off of Road Trip Adventures. Many fans of the series seem to be looking forward to that, even if they don't ship them. Though I don't understand how one can't ship them. I'm so unromantic and even I ship them!

Quote:
omg is that a woman

The Robb/"Talisa" thing makes me gag, but when Jaime turns up his nose in distaste and refers to Brienne as a beast, my heart sings with joy! I'm twisted. IT'S LOVE!

I feel like a little kid again, on Christmas Eve. Time is going sooo slowly and I am frustrated and giddy with anticipation.

Last edited by ABoleyn1230; 05-16-2012 at 06:25 AM
Old 05-16-2012, 07:43 AM
Absolute Fan

Would be a good idea that they leave Jaime's lossing his hand as a cliffhanger in the premiere of season 3, but for the summarie of season finale I think that maybe they will use it this season. Unless, of course, that Jaime/Brienne's cliffhanger be when they tart to fight.

Please, excuse me. My english is poor.
Old 05-16-2012, 08:22 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ABoleyn1230 (View Post)
The Robb/"Talisa" thing makes me gag, but when Jaime turns up his nose in distaste and refers to Brienne as a beast, my heart sings with joy! I'm twisted. IT'S LOVE!
http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m1meukVztX1r8ssqf.jpg

I feel like a little kid again, on Christmas Eve. Time is going sooo slowly and I am frustrated and giddy with anticipation.
I think we're all a little twisted here when I saw him look at her and ask if she was a woman and refer to her as a beast I was like

BE STILL MY HEART
Old 05-16-2012, 09:13 AM
Loyal Fan

^^ Those are words of true affection right there! Even Stewie approves.
I think Jaime and Brienne should have their own line of Hallmark greeting cards. "To my favorite bloody stupid wench." or "The first time I saw you... [inside] I didn't even know your sex." Actually, I think Jaime knew very well she was a woman, he saw her and heard her speak when Karstark was yelling at Cat. He was just being a brat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iram (View Post)
Would be a good idea that they leave Jaime's lossing his hand as a cliffhanger in the premiere of season 3, but for the summarie of season finale I think that maybe they will use it this season. Unless, of course, that Jaime/Brienne's cliffhanger be when they tart to fight.
I don't know! Before the season aired it seem like a lot of people theorized that the handchop would be in the finale. I was among them, but now... not so sure. Time is running out, with only two episodes for this to happen since 9 is all Blackwater. Also I don't think they have cast Vargo Hoat yet. Gwen had a lot of to say about the J/B relationship (without naming names), she mentioned complicated feelings of love and Brienne being lumped with someone who 'abuses' her, and how that relationship surprisingly evolves. But, she has read all the books so she might be speaking from that rather than what has been shot so far.
I'm mixed up about what I prefer, because on one hand (pun intended) it would make a great cliffhanger, and I want J/B interaction nownownow! But, if they waited, it might mean they stretch out the road trip rather than quickly jumping to Bloody Mummers... which would give us even more J/B next season. There is a lot of fun to be had before the Mummers - the Inn of the Kneeling Man, Brienne cliff diving, some classic line of bickering in the boat. But April.... so far away! The shipping business is hard work!
Old 05-16-2012, 01:26 PM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
I don't know! Before the season aired it seem like a lot of people theorized that the handchop would be in the finale. I was among them, but now... not so sure. Time is running out, with only two episodes for this to happen since 9 is all Blackwater. Also I don't think they have cast Vargo Hoat yet. Gwen had a lot of to say about the J/B relationship (without naming names), she mentioned complicated feelings of love and Brienne being lumped with someone who 'abuses' her, and how that relationship surprisingly evolves. But, she has read all the books so she might be speaking from that rather than what has been shot so far.
I'm mixed up about what I prefer, because on one hand (pun intended) it would make a great cliffhanger, and I want J/B interaction nownownow! But, if they waited, it might mean they stretch out the road trip rather than quickly jumping to Bloody Mummers... which would give us even more J/B next season. There is a lot of fun to be had before the Mummers - the Inn of the Kneeling Man, Brienne cliff diving, some classic line of bickering in the boat. But April.... so far away! The shipping business is hard work!
Maybe the cliffhanger is when the Bloody Mummers find them fighting ?

Please, excuse me. My english is poor.
Old 05-16-2012, 03:39 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
So, what does everyone think will happen next? Will it be like in the books where it goes right to J/B in a boat? Or will they show the whole vowing scene? I have mixed feelings -- the latter could be really entertaining, but I am anxious for the road trip to start so they can squeeze in 'along time' before the season ends.
I think they'll follow the book. Next time we see them, they'll be canoeing. And being snarky with each other. And being chased. And being new levels of kickass awesome together.

We'll probably get the details of the vows via some sort of expo-dump, during the back&forth that is SURE to come.

Quote:
Plot? Who cares! Canoeing!
Wench!
Kingslayer!
Take off your pants!
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Currawong (View Post)
LOL - I'm sure we'll see them head off, and maybe a tiny bit of dialogue, but I reckon the best series ending would have them in the canoe, Brienne rowing / paddling, and manacled Jaime lying back grinning at her. As they disappear round a bend in the river, fadeout until series 3
I feel pretty confident that we'll get the full canoeing scene (and hopefully another scene or two between them before season-end), what with Gwen's comment in the Access Hollywood interview:

Quote:
And, as Season 2 continues, Gwendoline will be able to do that as Brienne has a great series of adventures on the horizon.

“She’s got an incredibly interesting journey ahead, but I think Brienne gets to experience more of her femininity… She starts to experience more about what it is to be a woman [and] the complexity of love and all its forms,” Gwendoline revealed. “The journey that she goes on — it’s so intense. There’s so much action, there is so much fighting that the most extraordinary situations occur. It’s full of drama and she is lumped with someone that is abusing her constantly…

“But I think it’s… surprising for Brienne, what is born out of that relationship,” she added.
"abusing her constantly" insinuates that we'll see plenty of banter b/t J/B in the final 3 episodes. (Unless Gwen was speaking of Brienne's journey in the book series, which is possible. But I'm hoping she was referring to S2! )

Quote:
It's so nice to have a place like this where other people GET IT!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by iram (View Post)
I already have this pictured in my mind, so if it DOESN'T go this way...well, it'll just have to wait 'til S3. But I can see it perfectly, as it is in the book, and it'd be the most awesomest effing cliffhanger!! They fight, the bad guys show up (goodness knows if they'll introduce them as 'Bloody Mummers' or something else), the arakh flashes down, cut to black. I'm torn on whether we hear the "and Jaime screamed", because if it is their cliffhanger, no scream, and the non-book readers won't know toward WHICH of Jaime's body parts the arakh was 'head'ed.

Dammit, I just want their swords to kiss ASAP!!!

‘If I fall and die, it will still have been worth it,’ she had thought.