Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 02-18-2013, 02:03 PM
Master Fan

A Man (Jaqen H'ghar | Tom Wlaschiha) #2: "Please don't go, Jaqen." - Arya

Welcome to the 2nd
Jaqen H'ghar / Tom Wlaschiha Appreciation Thread

"If the day comes when you would find me again, give that coin to any man from Braavos,
and say these words to him — valar morghulis."

* credit *

A Man Has Supporters:
  1. IceKat
  2. AndLoveYelledNO
  3. DiamondDreaming
  4. The Kender
  5. LittleLoLo
  6. pixiestyx
  7. silvermug
  8. Amorith
  9. FumblingTowardsEcstasy
  10. deathly_smirk
  11. RamboKitty
  12. lunas_borednow
  13. Regulus-Fan
  14. Rickylious
  15. ♥EclipseOfTime♥
  16. NOLA504
  17. skje
  18. winchesterboyz
  19. yuzzz66
  20. Sansa
  21. Candygirl9890
  22. MagnoliaFairy
  23. Sweet Charity
  24. Em183
  25. Jiorjiina
  26. LxieGrey
  27. ElizaSparrow
  28. baelfire24
  29. Movies
  30. starshine7
  31. sourburst
  32. DGSAFDMD
  33. keroppi
  34. science girlfriend
  35. powerfully
  36. f i r e p r o o f
  37. running wild
  38. witch with claws

Past Threads:
A Man (Jaqen H'ghar | Tom Wlaschiha) #1: "A man has a thirst"

‘If I fall and die, it will still have been worth it,’ she had thought.

Last edited by IceKat055; 04-13-2015 at 04:49 PM
Old 02-18-2013, 02:27 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Tftnt
Old 02-18-2013, 09:13 PM
Fan Forum Hero

TFTNT!

AB∞RB: E&K+M&Ms+Evapup + all bunnies ♥ Emma | icon
Old 02-19-2013, 06:02 AM
Fan Forum Legend

credit: http://****yeahtomwlaschiha.tumblr.com/
Old 02-19-2013, 06:48 AM
Master Fan

TFTNT!!! The title is

OMG!!!!! THAT ART!!!!!

I agree with ALL of you and what you said in the other thread I don't really "ship" Arya/Jaqen right now (I mean, I know Arya is underage and I wouldn't want anything to happen right now for her with any of the men she knows, not even Gendry!) but I see the potential and I think they have chemistry, and if Jaqen comes back when Arya is a "woman"/at a legal age, I wouldn't mind them getting a little further...

I just feel like their soul connects to each other!!

I hope everything I just said made sense
Thanks to Jade for the icon!!
Old 02-19-2013, 07:22 AM
Fan Forum Legend

i think you said everything perfectly
agree with you, i don't see jaqen/arya in a romantic relationship, but only because she's too young. if i had to choose between gendry or jaqen i would go for jaqen

yeah that art is amazing! love the sentence Jaqen made me brave again
Old 02-19-2013, 11:17 AM
Master Fan

I will never forgive B&W for denying us Jaqen-in-the-bath at Harrenhal last season.

Old 02-19-2013, 12:41 PM
Fan Forum Legend

i didn't know there was such a scene in the book??! argh would have loved to see him taking a bath
Old 02-19-2013, 03:47 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by IceKat055 (View Post)
I will never forgive B&W for denying us Jaqen-in-the-bath at Harrenhal last season.
I'm sorry, but is it possible to know what was happening in that scene??

Quote:
Originally Posted by LxieGrey (View Post)
i think you said everything perfectly
agree with you, i don't see jaqen/arya in a romantic relationship, but only because she's too young. if i had to choose between gendry or jaqen i would go for jaqen

yeah that art is amazing! love the sentence Jaqen made me brave again
Thanks!!! Between Gendry or Jaqen, I would definitely choose Jaqen too!

Maybe Gendry could be kind of her "first love" but Jaqen will be her real love, I would love to see that I guess it depends on the future books and where the Writer goes with it since the show seems to be following the books almost words for words, but since it seems to me that this story could go anywhere with ALL the characters, all the potential pairings, I kind of have hope for it to happen ^^
Old 02-19-2013, 03:59 PM
Master Fan

You two - - haven't read the books?!? Tsk, tsk, tsk...

It's when Arya gives him the second name:
Quote:
“I’m looking for Jaqen,” she said. “There’s a message.”

Rorge halted. Something in his eyes... could it be that he was scared of Jaqen H’ghar? “The bathhouse. Get out of my way.”

Arya whirled and ran, swift as a deer, her feet flying over the cobbles all the way to the bathhouse. She found Jaqen soaking in a tub, steam rising around him as a serving girl sluiced hot water over his head. His long hair, red on one side and white on the other, fell down across his shoulders, wet and heavy.

She crept up quiet as a shadow, but he opened his eyes all the same. “She steals in on little mice feet, but a man hears,” he said. How could he hear me? she wondered, and it seemed as if he heard that as well. “The scuff of leather on stone sings loud as warhorns to a man with open ears. Clever girls go barefoot.”

“I have a message.” Arya eyed the serving girl uncertainly. When she did not seem likely to go away, she leaned in until her mouth was almost touching his ear. “Weese,” she whispered. Jaqen H’ghar closed his eyes again, floating languid, half-asleep. “Tell his lordship a man shall attend him at his leisure.” His hand moved suddenly, splashing hot water at her, and Arya had to leap back to keep from getting drenched.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElizaSparrow (View Post)

Maybe Gendry could be kind of her "first love" but Jaqen will be her real love, I would love to see that I guess it depends on the future books and where the Writer goes with it since the show seems to be following the books almost words for words, but since it seems to me that this story could go anywhere with ALL the characters, all the potential pairings, I kind of have hope for it to happen ^^
I'd be good with that. She and Gendry can do the "puppy love" thing (if their paths ever cross again), but when she grows up, she can cross Jaqen's path again.

GRRM did write very subtle physicality into their scenes. Him being naked in the tub is certainly sensual, but their meeting in Harrenhal as well - -

Quote:
Arya was dreaming of wolves running wild through the wood when a strong hand clamped down over her mouth like smooth warm stone, solid and unyielding. She woke at once, squirming and struggling. “A girl says nothing,” a voice whispered close behind her ear. “A girl keeps her lips closed, no one hears, and friends may talk in secret. Yes?”

Heart pounding, Arya managed the tiniest of nods.

Jaqen H’ghar took his hand away. The cellar was black as pitch and she could not see his face, even inches away. She could smell him, though; his skin smelled clean and soapy, and he had scented his hair. “A boy becomes a girl,” he murmured.

“I was always a girl. I didn’t think you saw me.”

“A man sees. A man knows.”

She remembered that she hated him. “You scared me. You’re one of them now, I should have let you burn. What are you doing here? Go away or I’ll yell for Weese.”

“A man pays his debts. A man owes three.”

“Three?”

“The Red God has his due, sweet girl, and only death may pay for life. This girl took three that were his. This girl must give three in their places. Speak the names, and a man will do the rest.”

He wants to help me, Arya realized with a rush of hope that made her dizzy. “Take me to Riverrun, it’s not far, if we stole some horses we could-”

He laid a finger on her lips. “Three lives you shall have of me. No more, no less. Three and we are done. So a girl must ponder.” He kissed her hair softly. “But not too long.”

By the time Arya lit her stub of a candle, only a faint smell remained of him, a whiff of ginger and cloves lingering in the air. The woman in the next niche rolled over on her straw and complained of the light, so Arya blew it out.

Old 02-20-2013, 04:10 PM
Master Fan

Kat: Thanks for those parts of the books

Nope, unfortunately I haven't read them, but I LOVE all the quotes, the books seem amazing

OMG!!! Those Arya/Jaqen scenes are HOT Mostly the bath one and when he kissed her hair parts Why are you killing me like this??

Oooooh...

Spoiler:

That's what I want Grown up Arya/Jaqen
Old 02-20-2013, 06:39 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Kat: Thanks for those parts of the books

Nope, unfortunately I haven't read them, but I LOVE all the quotes, the books seem amazing

OMG!!! Those Arya/Jaqen scenes are HOT Mostly the bath one and when he kissed her hair parts Why are you killing me like this??
Because I can. And because I read the books, !!!!

Yeah, GRRM is great at writing subtle physicality and sexuality in these novels. The hottest sex scene he's ever written was when
Spoiler:

Quote:
Oooooh...

Spoiler:

That's what I want Grown up Arya/Jaqen
Yes, they do.
Spoiler:

And where Arya ends up as of book 5, she's seemingly positioned to cross paths with Jaqen again...I hope!

Old 02-21-2013, 02:48 AM
Fan Forum Legend

awww thanks so much for the book excerpts, good we have you here

they have so much chemistry, such a pity these scenes weren't in the show.
Old 02-21-2013, 11:17 AM
Elite Fan

A girl could make a friend.
Old 02-21-2013, 02:19 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by fetch (View Post)
A girl could make a friend.
She most definitely did. How I WISH she'd gone with him...

They had so many more scenes together in the book. But I understand they didn't have time for them all in the show, since Ros the non-existant whore SURELY needed more screentime.

Quote:
Maybe she should pray aloud if she wanted the old gods to hear. Maybe she should pray longer. Sometimes her father had prayed a long time, she remembered. But the old gods had never helped him. Remembering that made her angry. “You should have saved him,” she scolded the tree. “He prayed to you all the time. I don’t care if you help me or not. I don’t think you could even if you wanted to.”

“Gods are not mocked, girl.”

The voice startled her. She leapt to her feet and drew her wooden sword. Jaqen H’ghar stood so still in the darkness that he seemed one of the trees. “A man comes to hear a name. One and two and then comes three. A man would have done.”

Arya lowered the splintery point toward the ground. “How did you know I was here?”

“A man sees. A man hears. A man knows.”

She regarded him suspiciously. Had the gods sent him? “How’d you make the dog kill Weese? Did you call Rorge and Biter up from hell? Is Jaqen H’ghar your true name?”

“Some men have many names. Weasel. Arry. Arya.”

She backed away from him, until she was pressed against the heart tree. “Did Gendry tell?”

“A man knows,” he said again. “My lady of Stark.”
...and then came Weasel Soup. That we didn't get to see.