Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 04-18-2012, 08:41 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Couch Tomato (View Post)
Well, yeah, and in real life that's what people do too. In my world at least Some people are all let me go and say how I feel and get this done, but some people aren't and they do need to hear it from someone else to get some perspective. There's nothing wrong with that, not to me at least

I don't get the "she's a detective" argument. Ok she's a detective so she should connect the dots on her own. What? If that's case, if her job should determine her attitude in this, then well, I would've expected him to have been more creative coming up with possible reasons why she didn't open up to him then she-doesn't-feel-the-same, since, you know, he's a writer and all

And I'm not worried about the two episodes left at all. I mean, really, what's new about this? This is tv, they ALWAYS leave everything for the finale to make sure you'll come back next season, if any of us have been following tv shows for long enough, we all know that this is how it works. And that's how it was in previous seasons too
Really? She's a detective. She makes her living figuring out mysteries. In the morning her and Castle are getting along fine and in the afternoon he is cold and aloof towards. What happened between the morning and the end of the day. Let's see, she tells a suspect that she remembers everything from the day she was shot, and she knows that Castle was in the area sometime while she was talking to the suspect because he left a cup of coffee on her desk. She keeps wondering to everyone but Castle what happened to him. What did she do? Gee, a detective might figure it out.

As for Castle who makes a living making up stories, maybe he figures that the obvious answer is the right one. If the shoe was reversed and Castle was the one who was shot, and Becket told him that she loved him, then he tells her he doesn't remember anything about only for Becket to find out later that he was lying, what would she most likely think? Most likely she would think that Castle doesn't feel the same about her and that she had made a fool out of herself.

This problem is all on Becket not Castle. Castle has done nothing wrong except try to protect himself. Castles own mother and daughter wanted him to dump Becket and stay away from her. Becket lied to him and the lie came back to bite her. She is getting close to the point where she is going to try to fix it, but she isn't there yet. She keeps getting closer to the edge but she needs to go ahead and jump into the pool.
rickfromillinois is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 01:54 PM
Dedicated Fan

I really liked the episode those who say that Beckett and Castle have not made any progress were obviously not watching the episode properly. The beginning when even though Castle was being a complete "jackass" to Beckett she was still so excited to see Castle and then when she realised that she might be loosing Castle the hurt of her face and even though she had to have a little push I think the reason why she was hesitant about helping Castle was down to jealously and pride Castle is her partner after all. I think it is more than her not wanting to help him... why would not want to help her partner. Also Castle realising she helped him and did that stuff for him I think from being angsty to them finally being able to work towards what we all want. Also the writers are purposefully not giving us alot of Caskett because if we had it all the time for us fans thats what we want but for those who are just normal fans of the show would you want to see that relationship all the time would it not bore you? the writers did not have alot of Caskett so it is somethng to look forward to for the next episode especiallay with there being two episodes to go. They are buildng up for what we all want to see in the finale.

Last edited by rorystar; 04-18-2012 at 10:08 PM
rorystar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 07:52 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Really? She's a detective. She makes her living figuring out mysteries. In the morning her and Castle are getting along fine and in the afternoon he is cold and aloof towards. What happened between the morning and the end of the day. Let's see, she tells a suspect that she remembers everything from the day she was shot, and she knows that Castle was in the area sometime while she was talking to the suspect because he left a cup of coffee on her desk. She keeps wondering to everyone but Castle what happened to him. What did she do? Gee, a detective might figure it out.
Yes Rick, REALLY. I just said that I don't understand that argument, because to ME, from MY experience, in MY world, in MY life, that doesn't make sense, OKAY? Sorry I disagree with you as I do every week, how dare I

Quote:
if we had it all the time for us fans thats what we want but for those who are just normal fans of the show would you want to see that relationship all the time would it not bore you?
Exactly. I actually don't get what people want, to be honest. If things are angsty and tense like they were before, they complain. If they start getting along again, they complain. I'm sure when they get together they'll complain too because oh the kiss didn't last long enough, oh we waited for years and now we get one minute of a love scene, blah blah blah, this is why I'm so happy that AW and the other writers just do whatever they wanna do and do what they think is right for the story and characters instead of listening to fans, because really, they're never happy with anything anyway
Old 04-18-2012, 10:17 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Nathan Fillion

Jo & I were talking about how, if they were to include more Caskett scenes, the show would quickly devolve into a soap opera and I don't want to see that happen with this show. I'm thankful we're getting this slow, sweet progression and I think if they let all the secrets out in the finale it'll still be riveting.

Also, Beckett would 'always' have her partner's back, no matter who the partner is, that's just who she is. Of course it helps that her partner happens to be single and handsome.
Talula78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 03:29 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
instead of listening to fans, because really, they're never happy with anything anyway
This is so true. Everyone is so diverse and has their own point of view.

Now my point She does solve cases for a living as a detective, and it does seem pretty simple to figure this out, but this is a matter of the heart, which for a lot of people is not easy.

Like me, I can do all kinds off stuff at work, running machines, solving problems and issues, and generally getting it done. Switch to dating, yeah, let's not talk about that
CaptnBrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 05:02 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptnBrock (View Post)
This is so true. Everyone is so diverse and has their own point of view.

Now my point She does solve cases for a living as a detective, and it does seem pretty simple to figure this out, but this is a matter of the heart, which for a lot of people is not easy.

Like me, I can do all kinds off stuff at work, running machines, solving problems and issues, and generally getting it done. Switch to dating, yeah, let's not talk about that
That is where Becket is messing up. She hasn't used her detective skills and ask herself what caused the sudden change in Castle's behavior. She has been saying that Castle has changed and that he is acting like a jerk but she hasn't been asking herself why. She came very close to discovering the answer in the therapist's office when she said "what did I do wrong". Unfortunately the therapist asked her "what didn't you do?". If he had asked her did she do anything on the day that Castle started pulling away from her I think she would have quickly realized what had happened and how much she had hurt Castle by lying to him. I think that she will realize what happened and she will fix things with Castle although she might not entirely let him off the hook for the blond. On the other hand, she might, considering her having "coffee" with the Scotland Yard guy.

Last edited by rickfromillinois; 04-19-2012 at 05:17 AM
rickfromillinois is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 07:25 AM
Moderator Support Team

what I, personally dont get is this big "breakthrough" for me they had bigger breakthrough in the LA episode. everything that happened since then was just a step backwards. We had exactly what they felt right on a plate and at least in the LA episode they TALKED. well rather screamed but at least they told each other and not either castles mum or lanie or whoever else involved.

I love Castle, its one of my favourite shows and I love the actors and actresses and the way they play and most of all I am happy wiht the storylines. but seriously.. for one season we are going in circles. We know what they feel -Castle knows what he feels, Beckett knows what she feels- the whole police department and castle family knows that they feel - they just dont manage to tell each other and yes that can get a little frustrating for the some of the fans.

You know... if people are happy with the way the episodes run, I accept that and peoples opinion. (without asking if they watched the episode properly) somehow tho, when there are people here who express that they are unhappy with it- they are wrong?

Sophie Devereaux is the finest actress you've ever seen, when she's breaking the law.

LEVERAGE campaign

Last edited by Imzadi; 04-19-2012 at 07:39 AM
Imzadi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 08:05 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Nobody said anybody was wrong, I at least didn't see that happening. What the happy people are trying to do is show the ones who aren't so happy a different way to look at the situation - in a more positive light, that is, instead of being frustrated that things are being said or done, see that their issues are still being dealt with. That's all, I guess

I really believe that the way we look at this kind of storyline has a lot to do with who we are and how we deal with these things in our own lives. If you'd not at all act like they're acting right now, you can't relate to it, so you might think everything's going too slow, that it isn't realistic, that it's boring, etc. But if you're the kind of person who has had to take things slow for whatever reason, you might see it in a different, it might seem realistic to you that in light of the traumatic events that they both went through, time (on your own) to heal is really needed.

Quote:
this is a matter of the heart, which for a lot of people is not easy.

ALL OF THIS, my life
Old 04-19-2012, 08:33 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Honestly it would be better if those of us who want to vent a bit about being frustrated were just allowed to do so And yeah I can't really relate to having been shot And having someone tell me that they love me and then ignoring that for 7 months while I heal. Can't say that's ever happened to me lol.
Old 04-19-2012, 11:35 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Nathan Fillion

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptnBrock (View Post)
but this is a matter of the heart, which for a lot of people is not easy.

THIS!!! All of my intelligence and sense of reason goes out the window when it comes to passion and matters of the heart!

I think you bring up a very interesting point, Ju, about how we relate to these characters and storylines as individuals. I take longer to process things than most people and I can't expect everyone to see it the way I see it. It's just hard for me sometimes, being a very upbeat, happy-go-lucky type of person to see a lot of negativity surrounding something which provides such delight for me. Everyone has their own opinions and perspectives and I have to respect that, it's just that it gets lonely out here in positivity-land and I get anxious for more people to join me!
Old 04-19-2012, 02:16 PM
Fan Forum Hero

^ Oh so *I* don't count? I thought we'd always been there together
Old 04-19-2012, 02:56 PM
Addicted Fan

You can count me in too.

I agree with everything you said Ju.

Also, one thing that it also might make me so happy with how things are goings is that this is only the 4th season. Yeah, I know it sounds like a long time, but for a show like Castle having this much progress between the will they/won't they couple by the 4th season to the point that I'm sure they're gonna get together soon is huge! No show with a premise like Castle's (will they/won't they couple) has their main characters admit they love each other by the 4th season. Bones, X-Files, JAG, House, the famous Moonlighting, and I could go on. So, to say that things are going too slows seems a bit odd when we all know how slow these kinds of shows usually are. I actually think that we've been having amazing progress. Not too fast and not too slow. It just makes sense to me. And like Ju said, it's TV, they're not gonna have them kiss and talk before the season finale. And I'm perfectly fine with the angst until then. It only makes me appreciate it more when it happens.

About Beckett being or not being a detective. This is her personal life. This is a matter of the heart. This is a person who shuts people out and keeps everything to herself and sucks at relationships. She could be Einstein and still not figure out how she feels or how someone else feels about her or what she needs to do to fix things. It's very easy to understand and figure it out someone else's problem and mystery which is what she does for a living, but it's completely different when it's about your own life and your own problems. And she did ask him what was wrong and he said "Nothing, everything's fine" which led to that hilarious imitation during her consult. So, from her POV, there is nothing else she can do. She's not gonna yell at him for dating a bimbo and whatnot for the same reason Castle is not confronting her about her lie. They would expose themselves.
JLarah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 03:12 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikki Heat (View Post)
You know... if people are happy with the way the episodes run, I accept that and peoples opinion. (without asking if they watched the episode properly) somehow tho, when there are people here who express that they are unhappy with it- they are wrong?
I understand that everybody opionion is differant but what I am saying is sayng that maybe some people need to take their own advice and stop picking and choosing comments especaially ones which fit their own idealistic views on Caskett. It is not wheather people are right or wrong but maybe about how comments are percieved by those who have not posted it themselves.

Jen - I agree we have enough soap operas on television to turn Castle in to one, I think having not many Caskett scenes have had me having wanting more in the next episode. The producers are clever they know what they are doing they know that everyone wants Castle and Beckett to get together and so because there was not much Caskett in this episode they know they will tune in for the next episode to see wheather they hook up and if not then it must be the finale so then they will watch the finale. It is all to keep us intrested right? I also agree that Beckett would look after any partner of hers, of course like with Castle it will take her a while to open up but she would have anyones back... especially Castles By the way I am totally in positivity land with you

Quote:
Amen sister friend !!! I am right with you there
rorystar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 03:17 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Nathan Fillion

Quote:
^ Oh so *I* don't count? I thought we'd always been there together
Aww, no no no of course we're there together, sweetie! And Joana too! It's everything I've been reading on sites elsewhere, too...people saying they're leaving the show, etc. cuz it's not going as they'd planned or saw in their heads and that saddens me.

And ugh, you're right Joana about X-Files! That tension killed me and I think they drug it out waaaaaaay too long!

ETA: You posted at the same time I did, Jo! Glad to have you with me!
Old 04-19-2012, 03:30 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Perfect post is PERFECT Joana!

Jen!