Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 03-23-2011, 11:52 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addison Breathtakingly Beautiful (View Post)

ah all right. well I never watched that show so Icant say much about either couple. Greys is also pretty crazy with couples and shipper wars. I agree to that. Heh. I do have LJ accounts
oh I know I am a fan of Grey's to I've seen some of the immaturity of it as well but I try not to get into the Shipper wars I'm above that *shrugs* as far as Rp goes I prefer MS but I had one at LJ a long time ago.
SaraSidleStokes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2011, 06:01 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by caliles213 (View Post)
I think there was a line in there somewhere where Beckett was like, "Just because she was going back to him doesn't mean she doesn't have doubts." or something along those lines. I haven't been able to read through all of this thread, so I don't know if you've talked about it yet, but that's TOTALLY significant. She totally has doubts about Josh. And she's only giving it a shot because it's safe. Wait until she realizes he's not what she wants...she wants Castle.
right, i remember that i liked that line! nice catch the realisation process has definitely started already Castle just needs to keep doing exactly what he's doing.

Quote:
And then when Josh interrupts and the phone rings, I wasn't even mad because Beckett was so hesitant to answer. She almost just ignored it. But Castle, being the gentleman that he is, ducked out, taking away the choice for her. And then she STILL almost didn't answer it so she could say thank you to Castle. She is absolutely realizing what's up. She didn't want to talk to Josh right then, she just wanted Castle.
love how you summed that up
WhatTheHeartWants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2011, 09:28 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhatTheHeartWants (View Post)
i'm not sure if they want us to hate Josh. like you said, they're even pointing out that he's a good guy. they just need someone to be in the way so they can tease us some more.. and they sure know how to push our buttons
Not before, no, when we all saw that he was a nice guy and just wanted him to leave, so Beckett and Castle could be.
But now... it kinda seems that way.
BoneLady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 09:27 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nessylink (View Post)
caliles213,

ITA! Nice review
Thanks!! I've been reading the ABC forums for Castle and they've just been so pessimistic, and I'm sitting here thinking...you know, I loved it! It was a reaaallyyy good ep and I'm just excited for where the writers are going to take us next!

Quote:
i'm not sure if they want us to hate Josh. like you said, they're even pointing out that he's a good guy. they just need someone to be in the way so they can tease us some more.. and they sure know how to push our buttons
In response to THIS, I think they know that we're gong to hate him no matter what. So why not make him super perfect so that when Beckett FINALLY decides that Castle's the one she wants, it means a lot more? Josh is so seemingly perfect. He's smart, he's handsome, he drives a motorcycle...but despite all his goodness, she STILL wants Castle. Your name is PERFECT. "the heart wants what the heart wants." She likes Josh, I'm sure. She's put her feelings for Castle on a shelf, trying not to think about it. But now they've been through so much, she's realizing..."hey. I don't want what's safe. I want Castle." and when she finally has that moment...it'll mean so much more because Josh isn't a bad guy. He's not annoying or mean. He's just not Castle.

Last edited by caliles213; 03-25-2011 at 09:36 PM
caliles213 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2011, 09:06 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
I loved it! It was a reaaallyyy good ep and I'm just excited for where the writers are going to take us next!
I liked it too! I really enjoy both the intense eps like Knockdown or Countdown, and these lighter, fun ones like One Life to Lose. - I think it speaks to the greatness of the show that they can pull off both kinds very well.
And, I'm happy where the C & B relationship is. That doesn't mean I don't want it to progress but I think so far the pace has been believable and it's been fun rather than frustrating

Quote:
I think they know that we're gong to hate him no matter what. So why not make him super perfect so that when Beckett FINALLY decides that Castle's the one she wants, it means a lot more?
I was thinking that too! It needs to be her decision, her choice, to pick Castle. If Josh had just gone to Haiti, dumping him and choosing Castle wouldn't mean as much as it will know. So what if it takes her a little longer to figure it all out?
Main haunts: Castle Bones
Nessylink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2011, 09:14 AM
Moderator Support Team

thats true. if josh would have gone then he would have taken the choice wiht her.. although I still think.. in the episode before this.. when they were close to freeze to death.. she was about to tell him and if anything it meant the world to her that he was there with her

Sophie Devereaux is the finest actress you've ever seen, when she's breaking the law.

LEVERAGE campaign

Imzadi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2011, 11:42 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
I've been reading the ABC forums for Castle and they've just been so pessimistic, and I'm sitting here thinking...you know, I loved it! It was a reaaallyyy good ep and I'm just excited for where the writers are going to take us next!
agreed. i don't know how someone can be pessimistic after this ep. it was totally promising

Quote:
"the heart wants what the heart wants." She likes Josh, I'm sure. She's put her feelings for Castle on a shelf, trying not to think about it. But now they've been through so much, she's realizing..."hey. I don't want what's safe. I want Castle." and when she finally has that moment...it'll mean so much more because Josh isn't a bad guy. He's not annoying or mean. He's just not Castle.
exactly. it's a little like head vs. heart. the "what the heart wants" line fits so nice here. no matter how hard you try, you can't tell your heart what to feel. you can tell yourself to go for the safer option and all. but if you're not completely in it, it won't make you genuinely happy. cause the heart still beats over the head. (and thank you for saying that about my name )
Old 03-26-2011, 05:32 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
exactly. it's a little like head vs. heart. the "what the heart wants" line fits so nice here. no matter how hard you try, you can't tell your heart what to feel. you can tell yourself to go for the safer option and all. but if you're not completely in it, it won't make you genuinely happy. cause the heart still beats over the head. (and thank you for saying that about my name )
A) You're welcome. hahaha. I LOVE the name. It's perfect!
B) Absolutely! You can try as much as you want to ignore what you're hearts telling you, but you can't ignore it forever. Your head will get exhausted telling it to shut up. ESPECIALLY when you have near-death situations in freezers. and like someone else said, it meant the world to Kate to have him there with her.
Her head is losing this battle. I loved in Countdown when the bomb's about to go off. Kate doesn't say, "oh, I never had my chance with Josh," she says "Castle" and then basically says i love you with her eyes. haha. And since then she's been hesitant about Josh. She was watching Castle while hugging Josh and not wanting to answer her phone when he calls.

Another thing, someone said that they've loved the intense episodes as well as the funny ones like this one...AMEN! We're getting layers to this show! You can have as many clever, funny, flirty episodes as you can take, but it's in the intense, fighting the clock, darker episodes that you get REAL character development. You see how much the characters really mean to each other and see who they are deep down.

But, of course, you can't have those every week. Castle is about the charm. It's episodes like One Life to Lose that got us hooked on the show. It's just SO FUN. It's so happy! It's AWESOME. I loved this last episode and am highly anticipating this next one.

Am I talking too much, you guys? I can stop. haha.
Old 03-27-2011, 03:31 AM
Part-Time Fan

no, you should totally keep talking i'm always nodding while reading your posts it's true, they're great with the balance of drama and comedy. love how the heaviness of the previous eps made you appreciate the lightness of One Life To Lose even more.

yay the new ep is near can't wait for tuesday
Old 08-29-2017, 08:15 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Charmed
Castle

I love how funny yet serious Beckett was during this scene poor Castle was like What the whole time
Sandy0401 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2017, 11:42 AM
Elite Fan

^ She was so bad.
Old 08-30-2017, 01:34 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Charmed
Castle

She was
Sandy0401 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply   Post New Thread