Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 03-18-2020, 03:06 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Charmed
Castle

^You're right. If they continue to shut things down here my mom, Aunt and two of my cousins will be out of a job. Unemployment is 30% of what they make so my mom brings home $115 USD after taxes a week so $80 isn't going to help her much at all. Healthcare (hospitals, doctors and nursing homes), Fire, EMT, Police are going to be the ones able to still work. This country goes nuts over everything if they impose a lockdown I foresee people going completely crazy. You'll see psychwards fill up, people WILL loot, rob maybe even kill others for food, water, toilet paper, money and so on. If anything they should be hearing out other countries on what they say will help cure it. I won't even lie if anyone decides to break into my house they will be all done for. I don't play. I work hard for my money and the stuff we do have plus I have a small child in the house and Austin. I'll also gladly smile in my mugshot.
Old 03-18-2020, 04:23 AM
Master Fan

Let's just hope it's not going that far, but you do have a point.
People are already going crazy by buying all that toiletpaper..
Old 03-18-2020, 05:58 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Charmed
Castle

^Ive actually had friends have their groceries robbed right out of the shopping carts as they were walking to their cars. Crime is going to skyrocket. I hate to be a Debbie downer or a negative Nancy but it’s going to happen- let’s be honest.
Old 03-19-2020, 07:10 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandy0401 (View Post)
China has it at control and to an extent Italy is over there peak but it's the rest of us to worry about. We're not far behind them.

What does you dad do, Nikki? I'm at the hospital too and they're setting up sleeping areas etc for us. I'm planning on being stuck there I won't even lie. NY did away with their unemployment waiting period which is nice though for many that money is pocket change compared to their paychecks. I just hope nobody goes homeless over this.
that’s good they have it under control. if only the US can have it under control but they’re doing nothing to prevent it from spreading, there’s such an ass in office that doesn’t do anything besides be racist.

my dad is an emt for hakensack hospital. i hope that you’re okay at the hospital. i hope no one goes homeless over this either. it sucks.
Old 03-19-2020, 02:05 PM
Master Fan

I keep saying it, the only person crap bag in office cares about is himself. That idiot doesn't care for your country..
Old 03-19-2020, 06:23 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Charmed
Castle

Even with him doing nothing besides sending us money (that I don't even want or need, I will not loose my job nor my hours...if anything I'm getting hours) I hate to say it but it's time for the states to step up. Trump isn't doing anything yet California imposed a lockdown in LA and San Fran, PA closed their truck stops, we have almost everything except take out for restaurants and stores closed. We have a state government for a reason. Ours (I cannot stand Cuomo either by the way) has suspended all ATM fees, overdraft fees, mortgage and rent fees (if you're late or cannot pay they cannot put you out on the streets), schools are closed until April 14th, trying to keep small family owned businesses going, making them cut back the workforce and giving 100% unemployement to people. I cannot stand the man in office but there are other ways to go about fighting this. Look at all of these people in Florida and FL didn't want to do anything- that's on FL nobody else. I just hope everyone remembers their government come the election (not just for the President but every other office). So while he's doing nothing, some states are making the attempt.

Not sure about NJ, but Cuomo made it so nobody here can actually go homeless because of this thank goodness and has said the money coming from the treasurey or whereever it's coming from is to be used on household needs before rent, mortgage etc..it'll be interesting to see who spends wisely and whatnot now. We're keeping safe, we can't go in any of the rooms of anyone whose been tested for corona. At this point I'm more afraid of getting the Flu or MRSA, they're going around big time at my hospital. Almost every other room has a contact precaution or the flu sign. Just crazy.
Old 03-21-2020, 10:05 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Charmed
Castle

Hope everyone's having a good weekend
Old 03-22-2020, 01:43 AM
Elite Fan

You should be concerned about getting any virus out there including this one. It is just different because every one in the world is experiencing the affects of it. The other problem is we don't know who is walking around and giving it to every one else. If we had an actual person in the white house who cared it would have never gotten to this point.

People are going crazy because of the mother fer. Thanks to him people are hoarding things like toilet paper. I was at the store today and got the last bit of toilet paper thank God and I was surrounded before I left the aisle. I was trapped like I was prey for a hungry lion. People don't need that much toilet paper!
Old 03-22-2020, 01:58 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Charmed
Castle

^Thats the thing until this virus nobody cared. Every time you swipe a card at a store or atm and put in your pin or sign did you ever imagine the germs on it? People used to think I was nuts at the gas station constantly wiping them down but there are stores who don’t. It doesn’t matter where you live I can promise they don’t. Nobody was using soap, water or purel before this either it seems. It shouldn’t have taken a virus this long to get people to practice good hygiene. I won’t lie to you right now we’ve got about 75 cases of the flu at work (not counting those at home or can’t afford a doctor..my friend Gabbie and her mom and three kids all tested positive for it two days ago) and 3 or 4 covid cases so I’m way more afraid of bringing the flu home especially seeing as you can’t even buy Tylenol for it the stores are sold out. Crazy times we live in. We’ve also got about 89 patients with either C-Diff or MRSA. I always catch MRSA my immune system is prone to it or something. My father screamed the other day I don’t take this seriously because I take the bus home and by all means I do but when you go into 89 rooms with those diseases and you have a history of one you see where your worry will lay.

See him doing nothing the state governments should be then. Cali has taken action, we’ve taken action, Ohio has and I believe a couple others have. Sometimes the state officials gotta do what they think is best instead of waiting for anyone in the White House to give an order. Until a martial law is declared it’s all gonna keep happening. And once martial law is declared id be afraid of what type of world this will become after because that the one in DC can do whatever and nobody can really stop it because you can’t leave your house (I would not be surprised if another war were to start). Tough situations all the way around. As of 8pm tonight only essential workers (public transportation, retail, healthcare and gas station) can go to work, you can only go to the stores if you need groceries or have an appointment. The next step is shutting down your big stores. He’s kept the state parks opened and has been encouraging people to get out there and walk em and exercise but too many took advantage so now they’ll be closed as well. We need milk so I’ll be walking to the grocery store later on to get that and some fresh fruits and veggies because I know it’s coming. My thing is, is once they shut down the state and stop the buses healthcare is going to suffer greatly because none of us are going to pay out the butt to get to and from work, I won’t even lie I’ll quit. I love my job but minimum wage isn’t worth $20 a day if not more to go feed the sick people .
Old 03-22-2020, 04:08 AM
Elite Fan

^ What makes me angry all of this could have been prevented but an idiot was placed into the white house. :angry:

I follow good hygiene as well. I am forever washing hands and using wipes. People thought I was a clean freak and I was like good l I rather be clean than sick.
Old 03-22-2020, 06:56 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Charmed
Castle

^I agree completely and I can’t stand him but let’s be honest if they canceled all flights to and from China months ago you know Americans would’ve had a fit. “it’s my given right to come back home.” “I can travel wherever I want” and so on. Can’t stand him but I could definitely see that playing out. What irks me is calling it a hoax. My cousin said yesterday it was a hoax and got mad when I called him a Trump supporter then because they’re the only ones saying this. I’m not understanding why there are state (Florida) not doing anything to stop it. Like I’ve said NY is doing there part, heck Cuomo went and made it that if school doesn’t return this year all students get an automatic pass onto the next grade that’s how serious NY is taking it and than other states nothing. He kept state parks opened so people didn’t have to feel like they were in jail and could walk the trails until idiots decided to have parties and what not (there’s always the one or two people who ruin a good thing smh). I just hope states stand up and do something instead of waiting around for higher up orders because they’re not coming at this time.
Old 03-23-2020, 02:08 PM
Master Fan

Have a good week everyone!
Old 03-23-2020, 03:57 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Charmed
Castle

You too, Anja Any plans (even indoor ones)?
Old 03-24-2020, 04:48 AM
Master Fan

I still have work to go to.
Other than that, I'll catch up on Disney vlogs, read, watch Netflix/Disney+..
Old 03-24-2020, 09:42 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Charmed
Castle

^I do too, they’re talking of sending the people from NYC up our way so we may be getting mandated whenever they come or it comes happen
Closed Thread   Post New Thread