Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 03-15-2020, 03:19 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Charmed
Castle

^Yep and than you have working parents who may have no choice but to bring their kids out. Seriously. If I gotta take Amaya to her grandma's we either gotta take the bus or walk. You can't just quit a job because your kid is home. I also went off on someone because she had said "I don't get how people can't afford to feed their kids, with all the foodstamps and pantry's around here you people have your priorities wrong." meanwhile at the end of January I went out and got her two kids food because she couldn't afford it . It was last minute, some people have no income, stores are sold out and nobody was expecting 3 plus weeks of the kids home. Amaya's good I went to the wholesale food store a couple of weeks ago so we didn't need anything but it's ignorant people like that, that upset me. Everyone has their own issues instead of making such a jerk remark try some compassion.
Old 03-16-2020, 06:17 AM
Master Fan

Hope everyone is okay, even during this mess..
Old 03-16-2020, 10:39 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Charmed
Castle

I’m doing good. Prepping to be sleeping on a hospital bed for weeks though but I’m okay and so is Amaya so that’s what matters . How are you doing over there, Anja?
Old 03-16-2020, 01:12 PM
Master Fan

Glad you two are okay. I am too. This is such a weird thing to go through, really hope this will be over soon.
Schools, restaurants, theaters and cinemas are all closed here. I'm glad I can still go to work though, don't know what I'll do if I have to stay at home all the time.
Old 03-16-2020, 02:54 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Charmed
Castle

Quote:
Originally Posted by **Anja** (View Post)
Glad you two are okay. I am too. This is such a weird thing to go through, really hope this will be over soon.
Schools, restaurants, theaters and cinemas are all closed here. I'm glad I can still go to work though, don't know what I'll do if I have to stay at home all the time.
Ours are closing at 8pm tonight. Restaurants and fast food is take out only (or you can use door dash or uber eats). I'll be stuck at work for weeks when it happens and I think our state is going to do it before the country does it to be honest. They were clearing people out at work today and setting up beds and wings for us workers.
Old 03-17-2020, 02:35 AM
Master Fan

We aren't allowed to go and get take out, delivery is allowed. They set up all kinds of safety rules for that too though. The delivery people have to put the food down on the floor, ring the doorbell and step back, then wait until you take it in before they can leave..
Old 03-17-2020, 03:27 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Charmed
Castle

^We don’t have that yet, unless a person chooses it. I can walk right into a pizza place or Dunkin right now and order and have it handed to me. At work we closed the cafeteria down and the workers there have to get us our food, the positives about me working in the kitchen is that I can just do it all myself though
Old 03-17-2020, 06:49 AM
Master Fan

They changed it back here, you can go and get take out again..
Haha yeah, that's a plus.

I do hope this mess will be over soon. They say China has it under control, and Italy (the place in Europe that was hit the hardest) is over their peak, so I'm positive..
Old 03-17-2020, 07:42 AM
Fan Forum Legend

i know some places in new jersey are closing until the mess is over with and they’re letting workers apply for unemployment until then. only places that might remain open are supermarkets, gas stations and pharmacies. i do hope that it goes away already. the hospital my dad works at is coming up with a solution to help beat the virus but nothing confirmed yet.

i’m just siting back watching friends and once upon a time to keep my mind off real world
Old 03-17-2020, 11:07 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Charmed
Castle

Quote:
Originally Posted by **Anja** (View Post)
They changed it back here, you can go and get take out again..
Haha yeah, that's a plus.

I do hope this mess will be over soon. They say China has it under control, and Italy (the place in Europe that was hit the hardest) is over their peak, so I'm positive..
China has it at control and to an extent Italy is over there peak but it's the rest of us to worry about. We're not far behind them.

What does you dad do, Nikki? I'm at the hospital too and they're setting up sleeping areas etc for us. I'm planning on being stuck there I won't even lie. NY did away with their unemployment waiting period which is nice though for many that money is pocket change compared to their paychecks. I just hope nobody goes homeless over this.
Old 03-17-2020, 12:25 PM
Master Fan

^No, exactly, so if they're at the peak, that means we're not far off either.. So, that's why I'm staying positive that we're reaching that same peak soon..

Completely locking yourself away doesn't help either, that way your body doesn't get the chance to fight it. As long as you're careful going outside..
Old 03-17-2020, 05:47 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Charmed
Castle

^You can actually go outside to your backyard or your porch, you can go for a bike ride or walk you just have to avoid people. If you see someone move over, cross the street, walk in the road even. Locking yourself inside can lead to a bunch of mental health issues. I've gotta go to the store tomorrow for Amaya's birthday cake and than I have an appointment as well that I'll go too (if I was sick I wouldn't do either one). You can still live your life you just can't go where the crowds are.
Old 03-17-2020, 06:11 PM
Master Fan

Yeah, that's what I'm saying..
I kept thinking about it just now, and Italy is completely shut down, people aren't allowed to go outside. That doesn't mean the virus is gone though. As soon as someone goes outside and catches it, you're back at square one.
Viruses are always floating around, if not this one, there'll be another one coming up. Hope I'll make any sense..

I went out and donated blood today. Even my co-worker, who has a weak immune system due to her MS and the medication she gets for it, comes into work..
Old 03-17-2020, 06:46 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Charmed
Castle

^I'm sure they have people out there cleaning so I don't think it'll be that catchable per-say. It only lives on surfaces for so long, it needs a body to actually be able to "live" but if dogs can get it than I'm sure any animal could and that's what should make it scary. Every election year in the USA there's some type of illness (SARS, COVID, Ebola, Zika and so on) plus your in general flu. No virus will ever be completely gone but people can use proper hygiene to control it and if they don't feel good don't get close to a person, sneeze in the elbow etc..and if you think you have the flu or corona go see a doctor and get tested. It may die off for a bit but it'll never fully be gone, hate to say it. You can't keep people locked in their houses for life either though .
Old 03-18-2020, 02:25 AM
Master Fan

^Yes, I'm glad you see it same way I do.
I just hope people will go back to normal soon. We can't keep closing everything down whenever there's a virus coming up.
Call it whatever you want, but a virus is a virus, they're all acting the same. And one has worse symptoms than the other, but you can't avoid others forever..