Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 04-04-2014, 10:52 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocky845 (View Post)
^ That's a great moment. I loved the intrigue on her face too. Wouldn't you feel that way if the big bad
  • told you about the freedom that being a vampire brings,
  • gave you a choice whether you wanted to live or die,
  • connected with you by telling you that, over his thousand years as an immortal, even he felt like his existence didn't have meaning,
  • planted the idea in your head of how amazing the world outside Mystic Falls could be,
  • gave you reasons to keep fighting when you had pretty much accepted your death was inevitable, and
  • gave you his blood without asking for anything in return?
I never would have guessed that. I just watched 5x09 yesterday. I love her! Good. I can't be Abed if you're not Troy. Clone hug?

I love that small moment so much. The caption is very accurate.
Yes to all those points!! In such a short scene, he was able to connect with her on such a deeper level than we'd seen with him before. She brought out his humanity, and his tender side. And at the moment, she realized he was more than just a big bad.

Also, how did he know it was her birthday? Unless Tyler told him.. I don't remember now...

What was your turned-into-a-shipper moment?? Share!! Preferably with gifs.

hahaha I need to watch the rest of Community I haven't caught up with yet. My favorite line from this season so far? One from the ass-crack bandit episode, where Dean tries to ban change (coins).

"You can't ban change!"
"Your 'two cents' is change. And it's banned."

Me too! Married. And his eyebrows in the first pic, I just can't get over it.

"They're loyal beasts"
"They were loyal. Now they're starving."

Old 04-04-2014, 11:30 AM
Fan Forum Hero

^ Yes to all! I was just so intrigued by the whole scene. He was able to connect with her so effortlessly and open her eyes to the fact that she didn't have to accept that her life was gonna be what it was, that she could change it if she took that first step and made it happen on her terms. And she was able to show us that he was still capable of all of the human characteristics that seemed nonexistant in him up to that point. They had barely interacted with one another before all of that happened, which is why the moment is so powerful to me.

I think he either knew it was her birthday because of the snooping he did on Elena and her friends, or he noticed the birthday cards on her bedside table. What do you think?

This...

X

was the moment that I stood up and said, "I ship it!" Of course I was very intrigued by their moment in Our Town, but it wasn't until I watched Dangerous Liaisons that it hit me that they would make sense together, and I wanted them to interact more just so I could see more of their dynamic. Watching All My Children finally pushed my love to hardcore levels and I haven't wavered one bit from that.

I enjoy Community so much because there hasn't been too much that I haven't liked. The characters are great, the different dynamics keep me glued and the storylines have been very entertaining. I hope you catch up soon. I love that exchange from the ass-bandit episode.

They've had so many married moments that they should just make it official. =p The look on his face in that gif is like he was saying, "Well that happened. What do you wanna do now?"
Old 04-04-2014, 11:59 AM
Master Fan

^^ I hope you really stood up and said that!

The birthday cards! Yes! I forgot that she had those out. Although I still think that its likely that he knew it was her birthday before. I'm thinking he overheard it somewhere. I think that he probably didn't snoop around her life until after they shared that moment in Our Town. I think it was when she talked to him that his interest in her was peaked.

Okay, so new discussion topic (those of you who haven't answered the first yet are not allowed to move to the second one until you've done the first! ) At what point after you started shipping did Klaroline become your OTP?

Is it the same moment for you, Rocky, or different?

Quote:
They've had so many married moments that they should just make it official. =p The look on his face in that gif is like he was saying, "Well that happened. What do you wanna do now?"
That's probably exactly what he was thinking. And his answer was probably "let's go make out."

"They're loyal beasts"

Old 04-04-2014, 01:00 PM
Elite Fan

Their looks!
Old 04-04-2014, 01:12 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheridon (View Post)
^^ I hope you really stood up and said that!

The birthday cards! Yes! I forgot that she had those out. Although I still think that its likely that he knew it was her birthday before. I'm thinking he overheard it somewhere. I think that he probably didn't snoop around her life until after they shared that moment in Our Town. I think it was when she talked to him that his interest in her was peaked.

Okay, so new discussion topic (those of you who haven't answered the first yet are not allowed to move to the second one until you've done the first! ) At what point after you started shipping did Klaroline become your OTP?

Is it the same moment for you, Rocky, or different?

That's probably exactly what he was thinking. And his answer was probably "let's go make out."
I may have stood up.

I'm starting to think he overheard it from somewhere too, even though I can't think of the where or the who he could have heard it from. I think he did enough research on her to know the basics about her, but the more-indepth research happened after Our Town when his interest in her began. I mean, I don't think his initial choice of Caroline for the vampire sacrifice in his curse-breaking spell was random. He knew who he had grabbed, which means that he knew what she meant to Elena and the rest of the gang. I can't believe that that moment was the unofficial start to Klaus' interest in Caroline. Who would have thought that a few episodes later, an awesome ship would set sail with no signs of slowing down even two years later?

Love that! My answer is different. Klaroline became OTP to me when I saw how much it had hurt him to discover that she had used his interest in her as a distraction to get him away from Kol. Watching as he burned drawing after drawing of her told me that he must have felt something very deep for her that he thought that the only way that he could rid himself of that pain was to burn the drawings of her that proved those feelings. Then there was the fact that Klaus hadn't thought about anything in that moment at the Grill besides trying to show Caroline that he could connect wth her like she had accused him of not being able to do in the previous episode. I mean, Klaus was shown as someone who was always two steps ahead of everyone else, having back-up plans for his back-up plans so that he would walk away the victor every time. That hadn't applied to Caroline at the Grill. He had let his guard down and he had left himself vulnerable to all of the ways that he could have been hurt by that vulnerability being exposed, which is why the betrayal hurt him so bad. When I saw that moment with the burning drawings and I recognized that Klaus' interest in Caroline was more than a passing fancy, I just knew that I would ship Klaroline until the very end, no matter what happened. How about you? When did they become OTP for you?

I always thought the answer was 'Let's engage in another equally fun activity for both of us."

Last edited by rocky845; 04-04-2014 at 01:39 PM
Old 04-04-2014, 01:38 PM
Master Fan

^^ That's a good point - he probably did do know a little about her - especially when he had Katherine as a hostage in order to get info on all the MF players. So he probably got the basics there, and then after Our Town, that's when he got deeper into it. I think it was her spirit that did him in. And two years later, and two separate shows, the sails on! We will not yield!!!

I'm trying to remember when it hit that OTP moment for me. I want to say it was the date, but I think it was actually the scene where she was dying from the venom and he decided that he loved her more than (are you ready for it??) he hated Tyler. I know its a weird scene to pick, because I know that a lot of people really didn't like that scene... but I loved all that raw emotion coming from Klaus. It got me right in the feels! Definitely after that episode, me watching TVD was all about the two of them.

I went the more G rated route, but yes, that's ALWAYS what Klaus wants. Especially now that he's had a taste..

"They're loyal beasts"

Old 04-04-2014, 08:07 PM
Moderator Manager

Quote:
Let's start small. What was the moment that turned you into a shipper? =D
I ship people very easily (no wonder I have so many crackships and I multi-ship several characters), so to me, I turned into a shipper when he went to give her his blood on her birthday and he made all that speech about life as a vampire and all that.... I LOVE that scene.

Quote:
^ That's a great moment. I loved the intrigue on her face too. Wouldn't you feel that way if the big bad
  • told you about the freedom that being a vampire brings,
  • gave you a choice whether you wanted to live or die,
  • connected with you by telling you that, over his thousand years as an immortal, even he felt like his existence didn't have meaning,
  • planted the idea in your head of how amazing the world outside Mystic Falls could be,
  • gave you reasons to keep fighting when you had pretty much accepted your death was fast approaching, and
  • gave you his blood without asking for anything in return?

I hope you make and share your icons with us. I love your work and I would like to have other options for icons.
Awesome list!!!!

Ohh I promise that if I make some I'll post them
If you have any gifs or picture you would like me to give it a try to make into an icon, send me them in a PM.... That's the part that I hate when making icons, finding pictures

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheridon (View Post)
Hmmm I'm in doubt.. I think it was when she went to that Originals ball that Esther threw and they talked and after she was bluntly honest with him, instead of being super angry, he sent her that drawing thanking her for the honesty (understand that I don't care about that drawing but I love the message in it)
Old 04-04-2014, 10:08 PM
Master Fan

^^ I love that scene. And the way she's scoffing at the present before she knows what it is, like she's telling herself that it's dumb but she's secretly pleased about it.

Klaus is no one trick pony!

x

And

x

"They're loyal beasts"

Old 04-05-2014, 11:18 AM
Elite Fan

I imagine them as married couple and then I'm like 'awwww'.
Old 04-05-2014, 05:56 PM
Fan Forum Star

Cute gifset.
Old 04-05-2014, 05:57 PM
Master Fan

I bet that if they were in a relationship they'd have a lot of make up sex.

» Bella
Old 04-05-2014, 06:03 PM
Fan Forum Star

Of course.
Old 04-05-2014, 06:07 PM
Master Fan

They just seem like a couple who'd fight a lot and over the most ridiculous things.

» Bella
Old 04-05-2014, 06:23 PM
Master Fan

Married like this?

x

"They're loyal beasts"

Old 04-06-2014, 12:38 PM
Elite Fan

at that gif set. They'd be the cutest married couple ever.