Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 01-06-2015, 07:44 AM
Moderator Support Team

Moderator of ...
Lord of the Rings

So tonight's the night.

Idk guys. I'm pissed off, but not sad. I feel almost like, "betrayed" or "used", you know? Lijah's all here like, "oh Paily is so hard-won" and yet they still chose to have this ****ty storyline, so really doesn't that just speak volumes about how the writers really view Paily? That she and Paige are just disposable? Ugh.

I'm expecting nothing out of tonight, especially since further episode summaries don't suggest anything really good for Paily.

After tonight, I think I'm just checking out for good with this show. It's not worth it. I never went into PLL because of Paily -- because how could I? Paige didn't exist in the books and Paily didn't happen in the show until 3/4 of the way through S1! -- but the ****ty writing on the show, the stupid plotlines, and everything else, has made me value Paily above everything else. They made the show still worth watching. Without them, what's the point?

I won't hold my breath that Paige is coming back, either. And if she does, really, at what cost?
S T A R D U S T
Old 01-06-2015, 09:11 AM
Part-Time Fan

Yeah, I don't like to because it's not nice to admit it, but I think you're right, I think this storyline shows exactly what they think of Paige/Paily. (& it isn't much.) for all their professed love of Lindsey & whichever writers do have a soft spot for them, they still couldn't be arsed to give them a decent storyline. In fact, they don't even have to try anymore. It's cool to talk about "hard-won love" but I think actions speak louder than words.

I've also expressed the opinion that even if Paige does come back, well, really, so what? She's goinng to have gone for so long that she & Em will have to re-work on starting their relationship again. It won't ever be the same as the other girls. & I know the boys have been shipped off here & there but never for as long & tptb have worked hard to re-integrate them, Ezra being shot, & look at how much Caleb's been around, he's practically the fifth Liar. From spoilers & bts photos, he seems to have more of a role than Emily in 5b (I may be exaggerating for effect). They'll never do the same or give the same time to Paige/Paily.

(As we get closer to the episode I see I'm getting my bitter back on - just wish I didn't have to.)
Old 01-06-2015, 10:20 AM
Dedicated Fan

I'm not bitter right now. I'm just going to watch the episode, see how it plays out and go from there.

I might be bitter after the episode. lol

My honest feeling out of all of this is that I'd rather they be in love and apart, than going through some crap made up tension just because they writers think they need drama. Paige will be back. I feel that in my bones.

What does she come back to? Well....that's the question.
Old 01-06-2015, 10:44 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustAFriend (View Post)
My honest feeling out of all of this is that I'd rather they be in love and apart, than going through some crap made up tension just because they writers think they need drama.
But they had their tension & crap made-up, lame-ass drama in 5a (oh, and 4b) Why not give them a bit of happiness, or involvement in the main drama (& let us see it for once) - oh **** it. I'm fed up saying it to be honest.

I keep trying to convince myself, but yeah, let's see how it all plays out. I'll be interested to see how it looks after the episode! (Or more likely, a few episodes in when they introduce the next lesbian they won't give screentime or a decent storyline to.)

I just wish I cared less.

He he. I just found this emoji & had to use it: it actually does sum me up pretty well!
Old 01-06-2015, 10:50 AM
Part-Time Fan

I'm not mad or anything at the moment. I'm just like, eh. I know she's leaving and I know it's going to suck and I will also probably be pissed at the end but I agree that I would rather have them be on happy and in love terms when she leaves.

All those things that Lijah lady said were nice and all but at the same time it only makes me more pissed about them doing this stupid ass storyline. Its clear it was for no other reason than to **** with Emily. And I'm so over them doing that. Like if the plan is to get Emily to California as well, then okay that makes a little sense but it would have made more sense to just let Paige finish out senior year.

Maybe I'm the one who thinks so but I would rather Emily be single and trying to figure out the future instead of the writers pulling another Hanna/Travis with her and some random. Those storylines are too damn tired at this point in the show.

Really though, either way we lose. If they don't bring Paige back we lose. If they do then we still lose because they still shipped her away for no reason. But I honestly feel like Paige will be back, I just really do think so. How and when and to what; who knows but she's coming back.
Old 01-06-2015, 11:19 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peppermint_P4tti (View Post)
But they had their tension & crap made-up, lame-ass drama in 5a (oh, and 4b) Why not give them a bit of happiness, or involvement in the main drama (& let us see it for once) - oh **** it. I'm fed up saying it to be honest.
Oh, well, I mean OF COURSE I'd rather have them in that happy place and on screen. That "Haleb" place as I like to call it lol That is my number 1 wish, for them to actually have a calm season and let anything that happens be external that they tackle together. All I meant was between the two scenarios, I'd rather the one where they are still clearly in love.

Sigh.

Quote:
Maybe I'm the one who thinks so but I would rather Emily be single and trying to figure out the future instead of the writers pulling another Hanna/Travis with her and some random. Those storylines are too damn tired at this point in the show.
You aren't the only one.
Old 01-06-2015, 12:08 PM
Part-Time Fan

Huh , it's so tiring isn't it?

Yeah, I'd like to see Em figuring stuff out without a stop-gap LI, but that sucks for Em & i don't trust the writers not to do it ...

Hey, JAF!! If you're right then that means this whole storyline is just about getting Shay Mitchell dancing! At the moment, I wouldn't put it past them! (What on earth are they thinking????!!!)

Well, I'll probably be off for the night, so I just want to say: for those watching live who are about to get hit right in the feels, good luck & God Speed

I guess I'll see you on the other side.
Old 01-06-2015, 01:36 PM
Part-Time Fan

I don't think it would be bad for Emily to be single for the time being. Of course I would prefer her to be with Paige, but if we can't see Paily together on screen then I don't want to see some random either. That would piss me off more cause that's like an even bigger screw you from the writers. I don't think they are putting her with anyone, though. Plus that would take too much time away from the fellas.

I'm not watching live but will see it a few hours after. It's probably a serious waste but I am hoping at the very least that we get more than 3 minutes of screen time with them. Maybe even one happy moment before they say goodbye, but I'm not going to put too much on that.
Old 01-06-2015, 02:38 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjay10627 (View Post)
Maybe it's just me but that quote actually made me feel a little bit better.
I honestly think that quote is very good news. I think Emily and Paige are endgame just based on that quote alone, to be honest.

I also will take what we can get. I want Paige back no matter what! I don't care if the storyline is messed up before then. I still want Paige back. I just want Emily and Paige endgame. I honestly feel like that quote was saying there is no one else for Emily either. They will end up together, I really believe this and I'm usually a glass is half empty type of person.
Old 01-06-2015, 07:23 PM
Moderator Support Team

Moderator of ...
Lord of the Rings

Quote:
I. Marlene King
‏@imarleneking

#Pemily. Be still my heart. We have not seen the last of you. #askmar #PLLChat @LadyShawsters @shaymitch

https://twitter.com/imarleneking/sta...44016538284032
Welp.
S T A R D U S T
Old 01-06-2015, 07:34 PM
Dedicated Fan

Told ya.

Why the hell does MK always call them Pemily? It's like she started in season 1 and can't let it go.

I'm not able to comment on the episode just yet. I need to process....and stop crying.
Old 01-06-2015, 07:38 PM
Part-Time Fan

Haven't watched it yet but going to here soon. Where the hell did Pemily come from? Ha. Oh, well. At least she said something sweet about them and is giving us a nod to the future.

Whatever I'm about to watch I know it's going to suck but I still know that Paige won't be gone forever either. She'll be back and that's what I'm sticking with!
Old 01-06-2015, 07:46 PM
Moderator Support Team

Moderator of ...
Lord of the Rings

Quote:
Why the hell does MK always call them Pemily? It's like she started in season 1 and can't let it go.
it's the one thing she's always been consistent on.
S T A R D U S T
Old 01-06-2015, 09:36 PM
Part-Time Fan

Well....that was disappointing. Of course we wouldn't get any slightly happy moments before hand but I was still hoping we would. But then again maybe that was the scene that was cut, so who knows. I mean, I love that it was so clear that Emily wanted Paige to stay, it was clearly killing both of them. But I just...I don't know. I'm not happy with that goodbye and I it's obvious this is going to tear Emily up in the future. They could have at least said 'I love you', for ****s sakes. I would have been much more satisfied...at least a little bit.

I also feel like Paige would have fought to stay more. I get that it's probably been exhausting being in that environment but Emily is still there, you know? The funny thing is that whole scene felt like JD letting out his inner fangirl.

"This isn't fair. But maybe this is what's supposed to happen to us right now." I did kind of like that cause it felt like he was talking to us.

I feel like it's still VERY possible that Paige comes back. It doesn't feel like a final goodbye to me. I don't think it will be this season but I can for sure see them bringing her back next season. It's just going to be a long wait.
Old 01-07-2015, 03:05 AM
Part-Time Fan

Oooff. That was a gut punch. They looked beautiful & acted the whole goodbye beautifully.

& from tweets & Lindsey's vine, it seems pretty clear (unless Lindsey gets another job in the meantime that the plan is for Paige to come back. (& lbr, I don't believe that would be for anything other than to be with Em (cue cries of "Paige is A"). But it's going to be hard watching Emily these next few weeks (until her new g/f turns up ). Yay #Pemily (wtf, Mar?).

I do know how you feel, jjay, all the build up in our minds & I wish there'd been more time given to them, I hoped there would be, but I expected about as much as we got. Tptb give themselves so much to get through each episode. I wish they'd give us & the characters time to breathe sometimes. It does feel like we get hints & shades of storylines & relationships that we have to infer & fill in so much sometimes. It's no wonder if you don't pay attention to a couple that you can make up your own view of them.

I agree I don't think Paige would give up, I really don't. Perhaps because we've had no hint of Paige being "done" that, again, it came out of the blue & I didn't believe she wouldn't fight to stay with Ali arrested etc. it felt like even JD didn't really know what the reason to write Paige out was, it just seemed a bit meh.

Still the kiss & desperate hug were lovely & emotional & painful & all the things I feared & wanted. "Emily Fields really loves Paige McCullers, pass it on."

Now we just have to wait & see what cluster-**** of a storyline they have in store for Em for the rest of the season.