Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 12-23-2014, 01:25 PM
Part-Time Fan

Thanks, jjay, I definitely needed some good vibes. & I can see exactly what you're saying & I can even rationally agree with it. I guess I just worry that all rationality seems to go out the window with the writers sometimes.

Yeah, perhaps we'll see Em realise how much she wants Paige & how she has to fight for a future with her. Who the hell knows?

And yeah, the other instances were different - I just hate the fact that Em's relationships are always the least shown.

Forgive me my negativity, I guess I'm having a hard time anyway at the moment and this stuff with Paily coming out now hasn't helped at all. Sorry. (Plus I've been spending too much time on Twitter reading those little ****s responses to the spoilers - I know, I know, step away. I need to go cold turkey on it all!)

Thanks.
Old 12-23-2014, 02:38 PM
Dedicated Fan

Peppermint, I understand how you're feeling. Trying to guess where these writers are going is an exercise in futility. Sometimes we can see where they are headed. Sometimes they can surprise us. A lot of times things just don't make sense.

Lets face it, this is not a show we're supposed to take this seriously lol These writers and this cast though, they have created characters that have this hold on us and it's so very hard to break free. Paige (and JD) says, "Unpredictable can be good"...but for us, it's mostly just stressful lol.

Earlier this year, a friend within the PLL community gave me some advice and I promise you it was the best advice I ever took. I used to search the tags, I used to read everything, and it would upset and bother me so much. The solution is simple: Don't read the negativity. Don't seek it out, don't search the tags, don't read the comments, don't go places where you know the environment is hostile.

Just, lock yourself away in a happy little bubble. I do stray from time to time, and sometimes it just shows up in front of you and you can't help but see it, but ever since I entered my paily bubble, I've been a much happier fan. Of course, the bubble only helps to shield you from fandom issues. What the writers do is an entirely different matter.

I'll still be watching, but what I said before still stands. I will be pulling back from the obsessive analyzing and guessing and theorizing. I won't be on social media as much. I will still be here though.
Old 12-23-2014, 03:06 PM
Part-Time Fan

Hey, hey guys, thank you so much

I know I shouldn't go looking at stuff & most of the time I don't do it but when something big happens like this I kind of need to see what people are saying & then it just becomes a horror show. I am trying to stay away.

Glad you're both still here though.
Old 12-23-2014, 08:50 PM
Part-Time Fan

I have already pulled back from the social media aspect and it's made me feel so much better already. This site is the only one I have kept up with recently and the only one I intend to. Those other sites are nothing but poison because of certain fans that feel the need to comment on every little thing that doesn't involve them. No good comes of them so why bother?

I'm glad I could make you feel a little bit better Peppermint. And you know I do realize that my hopes could be slapped away fairly quickly and if that does happen it's really going to hurt, but I just can't shake the feeling that this will all eventually work itself out. It's too hard to believe that everything we got in 5A was all for nothing. Especially since they probably had all of this mapped out long before the episodes were even written. Because to me it still rings true that they didn't have to bring Paige back. They could have introduced someone new at the beginning of the season and had time to develop something that could end up being Emily's end. But they didn't do that. And yes, I am excluding Alison from that as well.

Cause here's the thing. People keep waiting for the whole talk about the 505 kiss and everything but even if that does happen, it doesn't mean anything at all really. Just because they might discuss it doesn't mean Emily is going to have some sudden epiphany and realize she wants to be with Alison. Also I know the girls might start to trust Alison again but that doesn't mean anything romantic will happen between them. She's been with Paige for four months now. From 512-514 is four months, so I find it very hard to believe that after that Emily is suddenly going to be like "Oh, yeah! I am in love with you! Let's be together!" Like...no. I'm sorry but no. I don't believe Emily would have gotten back with Paige if she thought she had any real feelings left for Alison.

I think this half of the season will be about Emily trying to find her way out of Rosewood. Shay even said that Paige leaving sets the tone for Emily this season. So that could be a good thing for us. I think next season will have prom and graduation, which is a perfect opportunity to bring Paige back, or even before that. In my own little fantasy world I could see Paige coming back for those events and then inviting Emily to spend the summer with her before school. I can see the time jump occurring between the end of s6 and start of s7. I wonder if s7 will even be a full season though. Maybe a half one? I don't know but I believe even in the most rational part of my brain that Paige will be back. They always find their way back to each other and I don't see this time being any different.
Old 12-24-2014, 04:33 AM
Part-Time Fan

Hey both, thanks again. CHRISTMAS hugs all round - have a good one. I hope it's all you want it to be.
Old 12-24-2014, 02:10 PM
Dedicated Fan

Happy Christmas to all who are celebrating!

Hugs, joy and love to everyone

Old 12-25-2014, 04:13 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Merry Christmas Paily ladies!
Old 12-27-2014, 06:21 PM
Dedicated Fan

Hope everyone's Christmas was better than mine

This popped up on my tumblr dash :

X

I don't know how to deal without my paily
Old 12-28-2014, 02:47 AM
Dedicated Fan

Aw, did you not have a good one kayleer90? Fairly low key Christmas on my end. Good company, good food and good gifts

Love the Paily family christmas gif.

One thing I have discovered over this break is that it is very hard to stop thinking about something when you've spent so much time thinking about it. I feel like this show and these girls have become an addiction. I need some sort of multi-step program to help wean me off of it and them.

The good news is that I am feeling less emotional. Well, for now anyway. lol
Old 12-28-2014, 05:06 AM
Part-Time Fan

Sorry to hear you didn't have the best Christmas, Kayleer, here's to a better New Year .
Glad yours was good, JAF. We were working so that was kind of weird but we managed to see some friends over the last few days so that's been cool.

I know exactly what you mean JAF. I have moments where I think I'm getting over this stupid emotional state over Paily & then for some reason it'll hit me like a tonne of bricks & I end up getting all upset over again.

It is like an addiction & I keep thinking well, I gave up smoking so this should be easier (but it doesn't feel like it at the moment!!).

I want to carry on watching PLL but I'm really not sure if I'll be able to. How damn pathetic is that? Oh well, tbh it makes me feel a bit better knowing I'm not the only one going through it, but it doesn't seem to make it hurt any less. I'm trying to get rid of my last hope & convince myself Paige won't be back but I still have that little sliver left & I know it's going to be the thing that hurts the most. Urgh. If you manage to find that multi-step Paily detox, let me know.

It's good to see you here though, guys.
Old 12-28-2014, 04:53 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
It is like an addiction & I keep thinking well, I gave up smoking so this should be easier (but it doesn't feel like it at the moment!!).
Haha, too bad there isn't a patch we can just stick on our arm. Slowly releasing low doses of Paily feels until we can listen to "If I lose myself" without dissolving into a mess of tears.

I think a lot of people are waiting to see what happens in 514. Whether or not they feel they can continue on will depend on where they see this season headed. It looks rather heavy and depressing to me.
Old 12-28-2014, 09:26 PM
Part-Time Fan

Hope everyone had a good holiday!

I myself have noticed the addiction problem as well. But see that's the whole problem with this situation; they gave them back to us and then ripped them away within the exact same moment.

I've pretty much already come to the conclusion that 514 will be the last episode I'll be watching right away. I will probably catch up with the season later on but for me it's just like...eh? I don't know. Paily was 99% of the reason I was watching and without them around I just don't feel the excitement anymore.

Quote:
I'm trying to get rid of my last hope & convince myself Paige won't be back but I still have that little sliver left & I know it's going to be the thing that hurts the most.
I still have hope this will all work itself out. I just, I don't know it's still really hard to let that last shred fall, you know? I may end up regretting it down the road but I still feel the urge to remain hopeful for the future. I understand your want to let go, though.

The best thing though is that even if we don't see Paige again at least we know that Paige will be leaving on a good note, which is better than what 4x23 was leaving us with and I would much rather Paily end on these terms then the way s4 left them. And you know what, maybe that's why they did bring Paige back in 5A? I've been trying to find the answer to that question and perhaps it was to be able to give them a somewhat decent ending?

Imagine if 4x23 was the last thing we ever got, that would be so much worse then having to see them say goodbye this way wouldn't it? I still really hope the writers have a better plan but this thought came to my mind recently. That 5A was about rebuilding Paily to what they were when they first started before Paige had to leave. Emily and Paige are still very much in love with one another and it's so obvious that this isn't what they want. They want to be together. And it sucks that we don't get to see that actually play out to the extent that the other fans get to see their couples but...what can we do? At least we know Paily are ending (for now) in a place where they have nothing but love for one another.

And more importantly, the door is open for Paige to return and the writers didn't have to give us that but they did, and I still believe deep down it's for a good reason that will be worth hanging on for in the end. We may have to wait to the very end to see it but I can picture a very easy image of Paige and Emily together someday in the future living that dream. I don't believe in my heart that 514 is the last we will see of Paige McCullers or Paily. They have come to far and been through too much to let a little bit of distance get in the way and we have to remember as well that it's a few short months until summer which opens up a whole bunch of options for them as well. Plus I really don't believe that Emily is going to be with anybody else anytime soon, not even Alison, so there's that too. There are a few positives in all this chaos, not many but some.

I still feel like the writers rushed this which begs the question of: why? Why not just let Paige finish the year and then let them say goodbye? I would have preferred that a million times more. I would have like to have been prepared more to say goodbye to Paige, and I just am so not ready right now. But Emily's not either. And I feel like her main storyline is going to be dealing with Paige's absence and how to cope with not only that but everything else 'A' wise without the support she is used to? I don't know. This season seems interesting but I just can't get into it right now. I still feel like there could be a possibility of phone calls of something with Paige cause I just can't believe that with knowing 'A' is still around and Spencer being on bail and all that that Paige would just leave and never check in with Emily again. That just wouldn't happen.

Even if it's just Emily saying 'I talked to Paige last night' or something along those lines, I would love that. I just hate the idea of the writers completely forgetting about Paige after 514 because her story has been so amazing and her and Emily do have, IMO, one of the top two relationships on the show. I feel like Em/Paige and Hanna/Caleb have the realest and most complex relationships and could easily remain together in the long run opposed to Spoby and Ezria.

I'm just not ready to give up on them yet. It feels too easy to do that and I still have hope they will make it work in the end.

Last edited by jjay10627; 12-29-2014 at 08:19 AM
Old 12-29-2014, 08:20 PM
Dedicated Fan

jjay, I know exactly what you mean about feeling they wanted to get them in a better place before parting. I have had the same thought, and if I'm being honest, having them separated while they're very much in love is preferable.

It may sound strange, but as the episode draws nearer, I'm feeling more hopeful. An interview may come out tomorrow that squashes all of these positive vibes, but I honestly feel like this is not the end. In my gut, I feel like we will see them back together again.

How strong are these feelings? I'm watching fan vids and they make me feel happy. I'm watching their entire journey flash before me and seeing all they've been through. The love, the caring, the protection, the support, the smiles, the kisses, the tears, the hugs.

They always come back to each other. They'll do it again.
Old 12-30-2014, 04:59 AM
Part-Time Fan

Hi. Urgh you two are so hopeful & positive & it makes me feel so much better. But then I want to post stuff & I feel like the Grinch at Christmas. If you don't want negativity or anything please feel free to skip the post - I promise I won't be offended

Btw this not doing any of the social Media stuff works wonders for your mental health doesn't it. & I must be getting better I don't check Twitter or tumblr first thing when I get up & I don't follow tweet trails into the badlands of E/A shippers either. Think I'm getting a bit better. Doesn't mean you stop thinking though!

Ok, so. Yes, I agree it's good that they're going their separate ways on a good note. & I guess, unless we hear to the contrary that Lindsey's definitely leaving (do they give that kind of information out?) there's always the possibility that Paige can come back. But they'll have to do the whole getting together dance all over again for the, what? 5th time? & for those saying it's not fair if Emily's "endgame" is a newly introduced character unlike the rest of the girls. But if Paily are apart for however long then it still isn't the same. Plus I'm not sure if I hold with that. Tptb were more than prepared to throw Haleb under a bus if Ravenswood had worked out I really don't think they would have kept Hanna single even if Travis didn't turn into a long term LI.

I cant see them keeping any of the girls single for a whole (half) season. We know Paily are over cause of the 516 spoilers. I don't think the chef is in for the long haul but I wouldn't be surprised if something happened. The synopsis for her introduction sounds suspiciously like the introduction of a certain P McCullers to me. I can see something happening in a later episode between them. Now whether it's used as a "getting over Paige" to move onto the next long term LI or a realising she can't live without Paige (we should be so lucky) who the hell knows. I just can't help thinking about JD's tweet.
Old 12-30-2014, 05:11 AM
Part-Time Fan

Forgot some stuff, sorry. Same caveat applies, feel free to skip if you wish.

A part of me kind of wishes they had split them up in a a bad place. I really can't deal with anymore "there's alwaya hope" or "no one really leaves Rosewood". Look at all the **** MK tweeted Emaya shippers & she ****ing died. They won't admit Paily's over cause they don't want the ****-storm that'll follow that announcement. If they'd ended in 424 then at least I wouldn't have had this stupid hope. & I'd be half way down the road to getting over them completely.

It's a ****ty rushed & ultimately illogical storyline that leaves me feeling we've been played & I still get angry when I compare their treatment to that of any of the other couples. But that's a rant for another day & an argument we've been over many times.

Anyway - if you're reading thanks! If not, it's ok to come back now. I'll try & contribute something more positive tomorrow!