Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 12-24-2012, 03:04 PM
Fan Forum Star

Brilliant acting by all
Old 12-24-2012, 03:25 PM
Extreme Fan

The acting was awesome! But the season as a whole was very disappointing IMHO, especially on the Arthur/Gwen front. They spent most of the season acting like brother and sister instead of husband and wife. We didn't get not one kiss between the two, even when they said what woud be their final goodbye - very disappointing.

But in spite of that they had a nice journey to marriage. My favorite time/moments for them will always be from the first four seasons, seasons 2 and 3 in particular.

Experience the Legacy
Old 12-24-2012, 03:28 PM
Fan Forum Star

I agree S2 and 3 were the best for them
Old 12-24-2012, 06:50 PM
Elite Fan

I think the pressures of ruling a kingdom together would put a strain on any marriage.

They loved each other. That I have no doubt. But in the end they had a duty to protect Camelot and to lead their people. It was their love that made them both strong. Without that they would not have become the King and Queen that they were.

Last edited by scififan2009; 12-24-2012 at 06:59 PM
Old 12-25-2012, 01:03 PM
Fan Forum Star

They did love each other so much
Old 12-26-2012, 09:24 AM
Master Fan

s o u n d t r a c k;

WINNER

Philanthropist.

You can take away my house, all my tricks and toys, but one thing you can't take away – I am IRON MAN.
Old 12-26-2012, 09:36 AM
Master Fan

A very fitting win of the survivor.

I literally can't even. I am so mad we didn't get a proper goodbye and no KISS ALL SEASON!

It's so heartbreaking. I wish Arthur would have lived. Returned to Camelot and Albion been created. Arthur and Guinevere ruling side by side. With a baby.

I really didn't like the ending at all. Will always love Arthur and Gwen.

But it's goodbye time.
Philanthropist.

You can take away my house, all my tricks and toys, but one thing you can't take away – I am IRON MAN.
Old 12-26-2012, 03:05 PM
Fan Forum Star

That is a fitting win I love that song and it is perfect for Arwen
Old 12-28-2012, 11:21 AM
Extreme Fan

I'm kind of late on this but.....

What in the world kind of finale was that?!? Way to break my heart into a million little pieces.

Why couldn't we at least get Arthur waking up in Avalon at the end? Making his way back to Camelot. It could have been a great reunion for Arthur and Gwen. Ugh. I don't care, as far as I'm concerned that's what actually happened.

This shouldn't have been allowed to happen. So many things have been left unresolved. I wouldn't have minded so much had they done the series justice at the end and given everyone a more proper finale/ending. I can't believe that Arthur is dead b/c it really wasn't his time to die. I'm still sticking by my theory about him waking up SOON after. Thanks a lot writers.
Old 12-28-2012, 11:31 AM
Elite Fan

Well, they did kinda get very close before the battle. Maybe Gwen could be...

Well, we've still got head canon.
Old 12-28-2012, 03:45 PM
Fan Forum Star

I know seeing Gwen at the end alone made me so sad

Love that art
Old 12-29-2012, 09:39 AM
Part-Time Fan

I agree with everyone it was such a sad ending, not only was Gwen all by herself at the end, she didn't even get a chance to say goodbye to him. Also it was frustrating that we didn't know how it ended for her and those left at Camelot.

I felt all along if they were going to do a reveal than it should of taken up one episode earlier on in the series. Then the last episodes could of had a proper ending for the rest of the characters, as it is it just feels a bit of a let-down.

To cheer us up though BBC3 are going to start Merlin from series one again starting next week on Saturday at 7pm. A perfect way to beat the Merlin blues, watch it from the start again.
Old 12-29-2012, 10:45 AM
Loyal Fan

Ive been rewtching season 1 on dvd for the last week or so since I saw the promos for the finale and I really miss it. No ep tonight

I still feel a bit let down by the ending, I can see why Arthur died and even tho we didnt get a goodbye with Gwen and him remember they never really did goodbyes when he went off for battle so I guess it fit them but I would have liked one seeing as Morgana was involved and all.... but the end with the time jump to modern day has really peeved me, I just don't get what the J's were trying to do... after everything we didnt see Albion!?! weird right?

Castle & Beckett, Damon & Elena, Sam & Andy, Nick & Jess
Arthur & Gwen, Michael & Nikita, Peter & Olivia, Chuck & Sarah, Wade & Zoe, Sean & Alex
Old 12-29-2012, 01:34 PM
Fan Forum Star

Watching Merlin again from S1 sounds great I loved the Arwen moments in the last 3 episodes
Old 12-29-2012, 04:30 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kilgarrah (View Post)
I agree with everyone it was such a sad ending, not only was Gwen all by herself at the end, she didn't even get a chance to say goodbye to him. Also it was frustrating that we didn't know how it ended for her and those left at Camelot.

I felt all along if they were going to do a reveal than it should of taken up one episode earlier on in the series. Then the last episodes could of had a proper ending for the rest of the characters, as it is it just feels a bit of a let-down.

To cheer us up though BBC3 are going to start Merlin from series one again starting next week on Saturday at 7pm. A perfect way to beat the Merlin blues, watch it from the start again.
I agree. The reveal should have been the episode prior to the last one. Everything seemed so rushed that it was hard to accept as the finale. I expected a lot more. I still think Arthur wasn't meant to die then. Albion still had to happen and it meant Merlin would have failed. It doesn't seem right. Either this was some sort of vision in the crystal cave OR Arthur will wake up cured in Avalon shortly after. I won't accept anything else.