Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 03-05-2014, 11:38 AM
Fan Forum Star

Here I am, Sherry More to read in the OT thread.

How far did you get, Sherry! Now you made me curious!
Old 03-05-2014, 03:08 PM
Fan Forum Star

Kris, I've gotten through 2x07 (Resurrection). Next is Light: evidently, Denna captures Zedd; and after that is Dark.
I assume these are where we meet the Sisters of Light and Dark, correct? ()

I have two of my favorite shows tonight, Revolution and Nashville, so I probably won't watch any more LotS until the weekend.

New! Benedict Cumberbatch Forum

~Sherry | avi by ~ Jis_Bon ~
Old 03-05-2014, 10:25 PM
Elite Fan

Oh Light is one of my favorite episodes of the show! It's really good and the storyline is really taken from the books, actually it's like the the entire plot of the 2nd book.
Ria
Old 03-06-2014, 09:59 AM
Fan Forum Star

That's good to know, Ria!
I actually got into the first book yesterday while I was waiting for my son at the eye doctor's. (I had to drive him because his eyes were being dilated).
I'm looking forward to continuing it.

Old 03-06-2014, 10:46 AM
Fan Forum Star

Aww, awesome! So you got the first Richard/Kahlan kiss of season two, huh? In Resurrection I mean.

Oh yes, in Light you'll get to know the Sisters of the Light at least, in Dark, you know... Great episodes but it's not exactly right... The book is a lot different to Light and Dark because it's so much more complex! And don't forget about Kahlan's part in the book

Sherry, bump up the Wizard First Rule book thread!!!!

But first of all, for you starting!!!
Old 03-06-2014, 02:20 PM
Fan Forum Star

Kris, I was just saying I started it. I'm not ready to discuss it yet. I won't say any more about it until then.

Old 03-07-2014, 11:44 AM
Fan Forum Star

It's okay You know, I've got the habit to start posting in the book threads right from the beginning, that's why I asked

So, we have to stay with your opinion about the show for now and in this threads case with Richard and Kahlan in particular.
Old 03-07-2014, 12:04 PM
Fan Forum Star

Right. I haven't even got to a first kiss in print yet.

I really hated the scene where the young Confessor confessed Richard and made him go to Kahlan to breed. That wasn't even hot. I forget the girl's name but I'm relieved her Confessorship was deleted.

Old 03-07-2014, 11:30 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Great episodes but it's not exactly right... The book is a lot different to Light and Dark because it's so much more complex! And don't forget about Kahlan's part in the book
Well yes, they aren't exactly like the books but the plot is there, basically taking the story from book 2 and turning into something that would work in 3 episodes of the show, that's what I meant.

I was SO pissed when she confessed Richard, I couldn't believe it, I really in shock and outraged. It was so sad. That reminds me that my favorite Lots fanfic is actually about how what if RK did have sex in that episode and Kahlan got pregnant. It was a very interesting and different take then the show went.
Ria
Old 03-09-2014, 11:34 AM
Fan Forum Star

Oh yes, Sherry! That scene was so embarrassing somehow... The name of the Confessor was Annabelle She just wanted to help, I get that but how the hell could Kahlan at first go along with it?! I was so surprised and I was really hoping for them not to go through with it... They belong together, but not that way. Having him love another woman was sooo hard to see. I could have cried.

Sherry, I swear, you'll love their first kiss in the books Damn it! One of the best moments EVER!

Ria, I know what you meant I just didn't want Sherry to think the book wasn't worth reading
Old 03-09-2014, 04:14 PM
Fan Forum Star

Well I'm glad to see that both of you felt the same as I did about that scene!

Old 03-09-2014, 04:39 PM
Elite Fan

I think I understood how Kahlan agreed at first, because I believe it was more because of the pressure the others were putting on her and the pressure of being the only one left. But I was so happy when they didn't go through with it.

Kris, for some reason I can't remember their first kiss in the books, I'm feeling a little ashamed right now....oh wait apple scene right? That's it of course. Yes, amazing.
Ria
Old 03-10-2014, 11:24 AM
Fan Forum Star

But really, could pressure ever do that to you? Make you agree to something like that? I guess maybe I'm a strange person but I can't even imagine that...

Oh yes, the apple scene! Ria How could you forget???
Old 03-10-2014, 06:13 PM
Fan Forum Star

Just ftr, I watched Light and Dark tonight

Old 03-10-2014, 09:25 PM
Elite Fan

I don't know, I guess I'd have to be in that situation to know how I would respond. But I think what is important is that in the end, she didn't go through with it.

I know! For a minute I forgot that that was their first kiss, I think I might have to go re-read that scene now. Off to find my book..

Oh Sherry, how did you like them? How cute were R/K in Light right?
Ria